First  Prev  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  Next  Last
Fat Girls as Main Characters
26310 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / California
Offline
Posted 9/13/09
Hmm. . .I wouldn't say fat but I would say the girls in "Real Dive" An Anime that came out last season, had full figured girls. And yes, they are sub- main girls. (Important characters next to the main protagonist) They really do have curves for their body and not skinny like sticks. I think they were beautiful. Plus the story was awesome. Please check out the series and give it some love.

Once in a while there will be a series like this but they tend to be under rated each season getting beat by the more popular shonen series due to the targeted age group. Real Dive. . .is for the older teens.
1722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

otaku1964 wrote:

I really hate to burst your bubble Tsu_Satsujin, but many women are just as prone to being mean to fat people as men are.
Also I would point out that some of the guys who run down fat women are probably themselves fat, though they would be loath
to admit it. Oh, and before you ask, yes I am fat.

As to an anime with a fat lead character, the closest that I can come would be Ai in Popotan, though she isn't exactly really fat
she also isn't really thin either.


Get lost fatty.......
5087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Dead because of C...
Offline
Posted 9/13/09 , edited 9/13/09

Unellmay wrote:


otaku1964 wrote:

I really hate to burst your bubble Tsu_Satsujin, but many women are just as prone to being mean to fat people as men are.
Also I would point out that some of the guys who run down fat women are probably themselves fat, though they would be loath
to admit it. Oh, and before you ask, yes I am fat.

As to an anime with a fat lead character, the closest that I can come would be Ai in Popotan, though she isn't exactly really fat
she also isn't really thin either.


Get lost fatty.......


aww dats just mean i know a lot of chubby people who are pretty and one is a plus sized model. im planning to be a model too but i think i'm too young
1722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

phantomkirby wrote:


Unellmay wrote:


otaku1964 wrote:

I really hate to burst your bubble Tsu_Satsujin, but many women are just as prone to being mean to fat people as men are.
Also I would point out that some of the guys who run down fat women are probably themselves fat, though they would be loath
to admit it. Oh, and before you ask, yes I am fat.

As to an anime with a fat lead character, the closest that I can come would be Ai in Popotan, though she isn't exactly really fat
she also isn't really thin either.


Get lost fatty.......


aww dats just mean i know a lot of chubby people who are pretty and one is a plus sized model. im planning to be a model too but i think i'm too young



He said he was fat I could not control myself
5087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Dead because of C...
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

Unellmay wrote:


phantomkirby wrote:


Unellmay wrote:


otaku1964 wrote:

I really hate to burst your bubble Tsu_Satsujin, but many women are just as prone to being mean to fat people as men are.
Also I would point out that some of the guys who run down fat women are probably themselves fat, though they would be loath
to admit it. Oh, and before you ask, yes I am fat.

As to an anime with a fat lead character, the closest that I can come would be Ai in Popotan, though she isn't exactly really fat
she also isn't really thin either.


Get lost fatty.......


aww dats just mean i know a lot of chubby people who are pretty and one is a plus sized model. im planning to be a model too but i think i'm too young



He said he was fat I could not control myself


wait... its a GUY???
19655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/13/09
Nope, I haven't seen any
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 9/13/09
If anime can do shows like Ristorante Paradiso where alot of the characters are older men, or shows that focus on homosexuality such as Saki (undertones) and Kanamemo then I see no reason why an anime couldn't have a fat girl or guy as a main character.

A few people have made very condescending remarks over the issue but really, what's the big deal? It's just a person's shape, true a skinnier girl may be more attractive to some but I assure you there is a HUGE market out there of people that have fetishes for overweight girls just the same as some people have a thing for yaoi/yuri.

So, those of you that are slandering how about you open your mind for a second and stop being so ignorant. A person's size does not devalue their self worth wether they are too fat or too skinny and since a good story in any genre consists of good characters then I don't see how a person's personality is affected by the size of their jeans.
219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 9/13/09 , edited 9/13/09
well thinking bout
most people like watching anime that have pretty or handsome characters in it
its just like watching a drama
people like watching the ones that have a cute girl or guy in it
either that or a good storyline

it wouldnt be bad to have one with a fat main character if the storyline makes the anime good
but im not sure if a lot of people will watch it
Yora 
60376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

animebabe007 wrote:


Yora wrote:

^_^ Otometeki Koi Kakumei: Love Revo DS!! is a game for ds and there is also a manga, you can find it by searching on google love revo manga. I thought the game was really nice even though i can't really understand whats happening by reading its text (it's available in korean and japanese) The character was really cute&refreshing i thought personally and so i was obsessivly looking for the anime/manga and luckily i recently found the manga. ^_^ (No anime though)

Anyway i think beauty is just in the eye of the beholder anyways. ^_^ Although having too much fat is unhealthy it doesn't mean that a person isn't the pretties just because they don't fit the narrow minded box.



i know that! its that otome game right?


Yupyup! ^o^
1915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / -Let`s drink soda xP
Offline
Posted 9/13/09
Yeah I agree, never as a main character. But I think it won't grab attention, who knows. I would watch & rate it myself haha.
957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / USA somewhere in...
Offline
Posted 9/13/09
No, but sometimes I wish there were one instead of anorexic looking girls. I'd watch it because it's something different.
48183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New York. NY
Offline
Posted 9/13/09
anime is made for the japanese market. i've worked and visit japan and asia in general quite frequently, and there just aren't many fat people in asia. Its incredibly rare to see fat people in the streets of tokyo and seoul... obesity is looked down upon in japan with the exception of sumo wrestling. it would suck to be a fat person living in asia... most stores won't have sizes for fat people.

1722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

phantomkirby wrote:


Unellmay wrote:


phantomkirby wrote:


Unellmay wrote:


otaku1964 wrote:

I really hate to burst your bubble Tsu_Satsujin, but many women are just as prone to being mean to fat people as men are.
Also I would point out that some of the guys who run down fat women are probably themselves fat, though they would be loath
to admit it. Oh, and before you ask, yes I am fat.

As to an anime with a fat lead character, the closest that I can come would be Ai in Popotan, though she isn't exactly really fat
she also isn't really thin either.


Get lost fatty.......


aww dats just mean i know a lot of chubby people who are pretty and one is a plus sized model. im planning to be a model too but i think i'm too young



He said he was fat I could not control myself


wait... its a GUY???



he sure is why?

8063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / with Tsukiyomi Ikuto
Offline
Posted 9/13/09
come to think of it...no =O SUGOI iHave seen random fat men though XD
Posted 9/13/09
Most people wouldn't want to watch an anime with someone fat as the main character.
First  Prev  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.