Remove this ad
First  Prev  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next  Last
Fat Girls as Main Characters
5147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 9/15/09


I was replying to one part of your post, the whole fat doesnt sell thing. Don't you think that's simplistic and not only that, ignorant? You people that just rely on the ideal that fat doesn't sell were all just being ignorant, so I went around just quoting all of you without saying much else because I didn't feel like it. Sorry for not giving you the time of day but you guys just make me laugh. Here's a quote from my other post that does more into detail:


GuardianOMS wrote:
"Fat doesn't sell." Yea, because fat people are so disgusting that if I see a good anime with a fat main I'm gonna burn it.

While the Japanese do look down on the chubbies, they do not equal to negative sales. Many hentai series feature bigger women, and they get great sales. Not only are they SELLING, but they are actually being preferred by the general populous as to skinny women.

So my question is... if these people like to see them naked... why wouldn't people like them in a normal story? Oh, we don't know simply because an animator hasn't attempted, or it just isnt their style. Not because it won't sell.


I don't see a one liner in there.
5147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 9/15/09

misspsycho wrote:

anime and manga are all about what people want to see.....


Not necessarily. Many artists create what THEY want.
So youre trying to say people specially look for anime and manga and view it because it has skinny people? Trying to say that fat people are just some grotesque pimple on the face of humanity that people don't want to see? People watch anime and manga because they want to escape the fat people they're forced to see in real life?

I know that's not what you mean and I'm going overboard. But that's the impression I'm getting.
Posted 9/16/09

GuardianOMS wrote:


misspsycho wrote:

anime and manga are all about what people want to see.....


Not necessarily. Many artists create what THEY want.
So youre trying to say people specially look for anime and manga and view it because it has skinny people? Trying to say that fat people are just some grotesque pimple on the face of humanity that people don't want to see? People watch anime and manga because they want to escape the fat people they're forced to see in real life?

I know that's not what you mean and I'm going overboard. But that's the impression I'm getting.


as you can see i did not write my opinion..i stated a fact, animes and mangas are about what
people want to see, what they want to relate too
, well, generally. if anime and manga are not about that, then there will
only be few who'd buy them or patronize them. this is evidenced by a lack (or rarity) of fat main characters,
not just characters but MAIN CHARACTERS. i cant even think of one...there are curvacious characters but they are
curvacious, not fat.
and also,

Trying to say that fat people are just some grotesque pimple on the face of humanity that people don't want to see?

you were the one who said this. ouchie.
117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 9/16/09

Unellmay wrote:


Tsu_Satsujin wrote:


Unellmay wrote:


Tsu_Satsujin wrote:


Unellmay wrote:


Tsu_Satsujin wrote:


Unellmay wrote:


Tsu_Satsujin wrote:


Unellmay wrote:


Tsu_Satsujin wrote:

:fury: Well, aren't the majority of you all just REAL bastards.
Yup, I read through it all. Well done making people feel bad about their size.
It'd ruin the mood, comedy relief, etc etc e-fuckin'-ct. What the hell???
I watched that movie 200 Pound whatever. The Korean movie.
I saw it and it pissed me off. But doesn't it just blow all your minds that he actually PREFERRED the big girl in the end????
Take that all you shallow minded freaks.
"We wouldn't want to watch/read that!?" Who noticed that most of the people that said that were MALE?
Of course they were male.
A GIRL WOULD READ/WATCH IT! Real life women would read it.
Did you also notice that majority of women in manga are GIRLY and WEAK? I hate that too.
Where are the strong, hefty, women???? Stupid stupid men AND women that wanna make fun of heavy people.
One day, you will all get karamatic justice reaped upon you and I will laugh along with all the other big girls in the world.

And before you say "Well, it's because you're a fat girl that you're saying this" well guess WHAT, you're RIGHT!
I AM a big girl. But guess what? I'm a STRONG big girl and I'm strong because of my size.
People never pick on me now unless it's from a distance, then they're praying I don't hear about it.
Because I can bench 3 of them and I know how to defend myself.
I hardly have ANY fat on me, but that's the first thing a person wants to say about me.






Good job on the red font so I had to read this
and also good job on not being able to put down the fork...very good job



Good job!!! You're not a retard after all! *Applauds* I'm SO proud of you.
Ooooh! Maybe I should tell you I'm being sarcastic! Since I don't think you're smart enough to get it! ^.^
Oh and just to let you know. I am NOT fat because I eat. I'm BIG because of genes.
You SHOULD know. Since obviously, genes didn't help your intelligence. ^_^
OH WAIT! Sorry! Hahaha! I guess you really WOULDN'T know! Hahaha!
Oh and here! You should REALLY notice it now since it's big and bright! Unlike you!


....yes sarcasm
and sure it's just your genes *pats head*



*Gasps* Omg! You know how to use sarcasm!?!? That's crazy!
And YES, it's genes, you rude little brat. It's also genes that give me all the muscle I have.
You know what! You should visit me! ^_^ I'd be happy to show you how easy it would be to snap ya neck!
I'll change the color to keep you interested! Awww! I'm being nice!


Violent too ?

your just wonderful
no colour would be nice
you know if you don't want to be an obvious attention seeker


....Whoa..... really? I'm violent???? I hadn't realized! Hahaha!
Awwwwwwwwww! Thank you! I'm so happy you think I'm wonderful!
Here! Another color just for you!




Your welcome


*Sighs* I wish you weren't such an idiot because I'd probably think you're cool if you weren't!
But that fork thing was just horrible dude. XD




Would you though?


Yup, if you weren't an asshole about weight, sure.
117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 9/16/09

GuardianOMS wrote:


Tsu_Satsujin wrote:


GuardianOMS wrote:


Crowes wrote:

from a selling standpoint....unskinny(fat) doesn't sell, unless the whole anime is based off it...lets be honest, its not a matter of judging the fictional character based on her/his weight. At the end of the day I watch anime cause of the awesome storyline and the easy on the eyes women with big breasts that bounce inhumanely. If your female then would you want your anime full of big guys with rolls and a double chin that bounces as such? Anime or any other medium should never be about being "Correct" or taking the "Moral" Highroad. Its about giving the majority of people what they want. Jeez.


No, it actually isnt. People don't watch anime because the characters are skinny. Making and realistic character wouldn't be throwing about the majority's want. More ignorance. How I love it!


<3 I love you! XDDD You make such great points!!! ^.^


I mainly use facts. Not opinions and ideals people tend to rely on. "Fat doesn't sell." Yea, because fat people are so disgusting that if I see a good anime with a fat main I'm gonna burn it.

While the Japanese do look down on the chubbies, they do not equal to negative sales. Many hentai series feature bigger women, and they get great sales. Not only are they SELLING, but they are actually being preferred by the general populous as to skinny women.

So my question is... if these people like to see them naked... why wouldn't people like them in a normal story? Oh, we don't know simply because an animator hasn't attempted, or it just isnt their style. Not because it won't sell.


Well, I agree with you. What's that shit called again? BBW Porn or something? Whatever, but there is porn with large people in it. And a lot of it I hear. But, a lot of people deny their love for big girls because they are afraid of getting ostrisized.... and if I'm not mistaken, one of my friends who was quick to talk down to big chicks ended up marrying one.

Other than violence, that's one way I cope with being criticized by thinking "Haha, you actually like fat people, you little bastard." But since I have low self esteem, I normally resort to violence first. Hahaha! Poor idiotic me. It sucks doing stupid things for stupid reasons. Which is also why I'm currently wondering why I'm arguing on the internet, which is something I usually never do. But I couldn't help myself.
5147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 9/16/09 , edited 9/16/09


Wow, you REALLY just said that? No way in hell you just stated a fact. You really think mangaka create for the sole purpose of pleasing fans?! Get your head out of your ass, seriously. Yes, there's fan SERVICE, but hardly many fan manga or anime. You want to tell me that mangaka create only to relate to the general populous? How do you explain subgenre manga that get great sales? Or the ones that are generic enough to be mainstream not making sales? You really want to tell me that every anime is a fanservice?

As they say, "absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence." There is a lack of actual cute "black" or strictly American characters in anime. Lots of JAPANESE people want that, but there is a rarity. Care to explain? There is a huge fanbase for ganguro and kogals, yet there is a rarity of manga and anime in that. If fans want it, why aren't they getting it? Could it be because it's not the mangaka's style? There are so many things mangaka do that the fans dont like. Why do they do it? Because they have their own minds.

I was the one who said it, but you implied it.
5147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 9/16/09 , edited 9/16/09


I argue with these people because I want them to make a valid point based on facts, not their opinions. Kinda like the person I just replied to who thinks anime and manga are created for fans, and says that's a fact. I bet they have never even talked to a real mangaka. Not their fault since they cant speak Japanese, but that's all the more reason not to say idiotic things. I just can't understand these people that really think a fat person would do that much harm to sales, when it is clearly stated by JAPANESE fans that they would like to see more chubbies. And that.... equals... SALES AND FANS. Fat people in Japan are not so ostracized that someone wouldnt buy a manga with a good story with a fat person in it. I know, because I know the sales of fatty manga. Haha, fatty manga :)

These people have no proof to say fat doesn't sell. When I not only have proof, but reasoning. Not only does it sell when its about some uninteresting, whiney story, but it would sell if they just made a confident, chubby with the personality of many of these generic anime girls.

I believe this is the worst forum to argue in, simply because it's mostly anime fans and lots of them are mindless, ignorant little things who know nothing of the Japanese culture outside of animation. The only reason I do it is because I want them to learn to make better points, not agree with me. They think they can just say any random offensive thing and think it's okay. It's not.
78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Boston
Offline
Posted 9/16/09
I don't know if this point was thrown in here already (for goodness sake this is like page 43) but often most Japanese (and Chinese and Vietnamese....ect.) people are skinny, or just right. rarely there is a Japanese that's overweight.... maybe that's a reason why there are few overweight characters... I think it has something to do with the style they eat.... or maybe in their genes??
5147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 9/16/09

pamelki wrote:

I don't know if this point was thrown in here already (for goodness sake this is like page 43) but often most Japanese (and Chinese and Vietnamese....ect.) people are skinny, or just right. rarely there is a Japanese that's overweight.... maybe that's a reason why there are few overweight characters... I think it has something to do with the style they eat.... or maybe in their genes??


Yes, it has a lot to do with their diet and culture. But the fact that being overweight is an abnormality does not stray from the fact that it's something people want to see and can relate to. If artists created because its what was normal, there wouldnt be half the crazy stuff we have out there today.

There are a lot of overweight people in Japan, not so many obese, but overweight, yes.
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 9/16/09

GuardianOMS wrote:


echo123456 wrote:

Fatties just need to lose weight and they'll be normal.



nitedewfairy wrote:

I don't think i want to see a fat character unless it's an anime/manga about some of his/her friends giving him/her a makeover or something lol Not that I'm being mean to fat people since I'm a little chubby myself, but yeah I dunno how fat people can be animated...



Wow, its like I think CR forums can't get anymore ignorant and then they do =] Going through these posts really makes me open my eyes on just how more annoying and retarded anime fans can be.

*sigh* How I love CR forums


You fat?
5147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 9/16/09

echo123456 wrote:

You fat?


No, I'm not actually.
I can just find humor in the mind of someone that feels the need to say fatties need to lose weight to be normal. That's some good stuff XD
Posted 9/16/09 , edited 9/16/09
yes i have seen it the god fathers of tokyo were the main charicters were a hobo bum and transexual and i belive a over wieght female and a young girl all the same the main charicters of so to speak lower standers then what were acustomed to but more realistic not many ugly famous tv stars.... to be famous you have to look good lol same goes for singers it dont matter if you can sing if ur ugly its most likely you wont do good and dont try to compare ugly rap`rs to this well now that i think about theres alot of ugly singers but i cant think of any overweight singers
117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 9/16/09

GuardianOMS wrote:



I argue with these people because I want them to make a valid point based on facts, not their opinions. Kinda like the person I just replied to who thinks anime and manga are created for fans, and says that's a fact. I bet they have never even talked to a real mangaka. Not their fault since they cant speak Japanese, but that's all the more reason not to say idiotic things. I just can't understand these people that really think a fat person would do that much harm to sales, when it is clearly stated by JAPANESE fans that they would like to see more chubbies. And that.... equals... SALES AND FANS. Fat people in Japan are not so ostracized that someone wouldnt buy a manga with a good story with a fat person in it. I know, because I know the sales of fatty manga. Haha, fatty manga :)

These people have no proof to say fat doesn't sell. When I not only have proof, but reasoning. Not only does it sell when its about some uninteresting, whiney story, but it would sell if they just made a confident, chubby with the personality of many of these generic anime girls.

I believe this is the worst forum to argue in, simply because it's mostly anime fans and lots of them are mindless, ignorant little things who know nothing of the Japanese culture outside of animation. The only reason I do it is because I want them to learn to make better points, not agree with me. They think they can just say any random offensive thing and think it's okay. It's not.


Well, I can't make a very 'fact' based points because I can't speak to mangaka either.... I'm working on that though. (Is slowly learning Japanese) But I can make a fact based point for me and my friends that read manga. We'd read and enjoy a manga with a fat chick as the lead character. And you saying that stuff about mangaka creating manga that THEY like is very true because as a person that WANTS to be a mangaka, I'd write stories I want to write about! *Crosses arms and nods*

So even in Japan they are wanting more fatty comics???? I hope that they get it! That way WE can get it! Hahaha!
219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Bronx
Offline
Posted 9/16/09
Nope Not Even 1
15153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 9/16/09
NOPE.....
First  Prev  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.