First  Prev  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  Next  Last
Best and Worst Anime Couples
760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / England
Offline
Posted 1/27/11
Regarding the School Rumble debate above, the entire thing seems to be about a bunch of failed, screwed up, misunderstood relationships and how darn absurd (and IMO frequently hilarious) and exasperating they can be. Mental. Really liked it. And, if I have to chose a couple, then Harima/Eri not because they got any closer to 'couple' status than any of the myriad possibilities, but because I liked how their interactions developed...if only briefly at times.

In this Serious Business, I believe Harima should really drop the whole 'love Tenma, hate Kurasuma' thing in favour of his art (because the Tenma issue affects), but he's clearly too passionate and downright odd a bloke to do that. Tenma's obliviousness is not a great quality, and I don't see what he sees in her. Sweet girl, but aggravatingly dense (incidentally, I loved her dub VA, that was perfect).
Posted 1/27/11 , edited 1/27/11

Astria wrote:

Regarding the School Rumble debate above, the entire thing seems to be about a bunch of failed, screwed up, misunderstood relationships and how darn absurd (and IMO frequently hilarious) and exasperating they can be. Mental. Really liked it. And, if I have to chose a couple, then Harima/Eri not because they got any closer to 'couple' status than any of the myriad possibilities, but because I liked how their interactions developed...if only briefly at times.

In this Serious Business, I believe Harima should really drop the whole 'love Tenma, hate Kurasuma' thing in favour of his art (because the Tenma issue affects), but he's clearly too passionate and downright odd a bloke to do that. Tenma's obliviousness is not a great quality, and I don't see what he sees in her. Sweet girl, but aggravatingly dense (incidentally, I loved her dub VA, that was perfect).


Well said I really don't know if I prefer Harima with Eri or Yakumo, either one would be fine I think. Even though Tenma is so dense, she's one of my top female characters. She's just very funny and sweet. And I love her dub actor too, she was good! I was always laughing at her voice
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 1/27/11 , edited 1/27/11

nerdsonfire1 And I love her dub actor too, she was good! I was always laughing at her voice


That would be Luci Christian. She's extremely talented and go from playing cutesy girls to badass girls and even young boys!

I don't like either Eri or Yakumo for Harima. Yakumo's extreme popularity was kind of annoying (what's so great about her anyway?) and Eri's personality doesn't really fit to Harima's imo.

24402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Not entirely sure.
Offline
Posted 1/27/11
Best: Gintoki Sakata & Lady Tsunade. Gintoki Sakata is a total Bamf and is hilarious, while Tsunade has little tolerance for tomfoolery. That would be quite the funny couple.

Worst: Sasuke and Sakura. Trust me. If you've read the manga, you know why.
2015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 1/27/11 , edited 1/27/11

huckdiane wrote:

Best couples:

LELOUCH X CC (code geass) one of the most well-matched pairings in anime history. Look great together, deep chemistry between them, have many important secrets they keep only for themselves, immortal warlock and witch who'll be together for eternity. MADE OF PURE EPIC WIN! Is actually beyond me how certain people could pair him up with Shirley or Kallen when he's got CC.

SUZAKU X EUPHEMIA (code geass) AAAWWW

GINTOKI X TSUKUYO (gintama) very cool badass pairing. Of all the female cast of the series, Tsukuyo is the only compatible girl for Gin and the only one he showed any real interest in.

STEIN X MEDUSA (soul eater) very unlikely to happen (well haven't finished SE yet so who knows) but would be very interesting and kinda a breath of fresh air from all the kiddie couples in the show. BTW I LOVE ALL SE PAIRINGS

KYON X MIKURU (the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya) a rather unliked pairing because of how perverted Kyon is with Mikuru (at least that's the excuse I always hear) but the interaction between them is what kept me watching an otherwise quite annoying and boring anime. Also don't get how people wanna force the Kyon/Yuki pair when he's clearly not interested in her at all and she hasn't even got human feelings of any kind Just because most think Mikuru is annoying there's no need to overlook the more than evident feelings Kyon has for her.

ROY MUSTANG X RIZA (full metal alchemist) to be completely honest I always thought he could have done much better, but there wasn't really any other woman in the cast available so I guess he can be brutally hot enough for both of them

worst couples:

First of all every yaoi non-sense pairing any anime inevitably gets. There just need to be two males in the cast and that's all it takes for this sickness

SOUSUKE X KANAME (full metal panic) nothing against them, not as if I wanna pair them up with someone else, but I didn't like the show and they're just not a remarkable couple in any sense.

HOLLAND X TAHLO (eureka seven) pretty much the same reasons as above.

LOWELL X GEORGIE (lady georgie) the most boring, lukewarm, cringy anime couple I can think of.

LIXINKE X TIANZI (code geass) thirty-something big guy and loli emperess who looks like 5.

ANY MATCH INVOLVING KALLEN from code geass. Fugly bitch doesn't deserve anyone



To be honest I agree with you most if the time. Lulu and cc IS probably the best main couple I have seen I a while.

But mikuru and kyon? I don't see why. She us such an over exgerrated character, just what is romantic about them? Also I dislike how mikuru Is so freaking useless, whiny. It feels she is really fake. I feel that yuki kyon I'd much better. I like harukyon also but that's just not very original... I feel he more just like her, but I would HATE them as a couple

Another thing Is why is so many people here haruhikyon do anti yukyon? I'm guess they are pissed this is a pretty popular couple ? I mean I like haruhi also but as a couple I like kyon yuki, the tsundere is chosen way too often, dandere is usually side couple until recently. I feel it would be much more interesting

Also you haven't seen the disappearance have you? I'm sure that's the point where he starts to get feelings fir her and she us developing them! That's a interesting couple.

Fans don't "force it" fir no reason. The disappearance IS a part of the plot remember,


Also mikuru is pathetic amiright? Age gas her moments but even those are weak and far too few, no character development, really just there fir fanservice so as a couple and charCter, I HATE HER. but I still kind like her
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 1/27/11
Mikuru is amusing but I don't like MikuruxKyon. Kyon's attraction to her seems only physical like teenage lust. It just has to be Haruhi for him. I like Yuki and Kyon's friendship but it doesn't feel like a romantic one.


I like harukyon also but that's just not very original...


lol at the idea of 'original couples' in anime. Everything's been done to death. XD Doesn't bother me. Chemistry between the characters is all that matters.
13884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Earth.
Online
Posted 1/27/11 , edited 3/21/11
Before I list the best, I'm just gonna say I have a
sweet tooth to the bad boy X good girl pairings.

Best:
Meroko X Izumi (Full Moon wo Sagashite)- my sweet tooth!
Gin X Rangiku (Bleach)- watch bleach episode 308.
Megumi X Yahiro (Special A)- again, sweet tooth~
Taiga X Ryuji (Toradora)- too cute <3
Risa X Otani (Lovely Complex)- comedy duo XD

Before I list the worst, I'm just gonna say
I have no reason to explain these.
Worst:
Sakura X Sasuke (Naruto)
Tsuna X Kyoko (KHR)

I would say others, but almost everyone
else who posted has got it in the bag.


2015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 1/27/11

Chiibihime wrote:

Mikuru is amusing but I don't like MikuruxKyon. Kyon's attraction to her seems only physical like teenage lust. It just has to be Haruhi for him. I like Yuki and Kyon's friendship but it doesn't feel like a romantic one.


I like harukyon also but that's just not very original...


lol at the idea of 'original couples' in anime. Everything's been done to death. XD Doesn't bother me. Chemistry between the characters is all that matters.


Yeah true I guess. But I read that on haruhi wiki kyon starts to fall for yuki after the disappearance and he showed his like for yuki. But they are pretty interesting together. Until recent, dandere is an underdone couple style(shinji was gay/bi and emo)

I really like them together
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 1/28/11
Dunno why I like Kyon with Mikuru so much, but I do. There's something about them, a feel of forbidden love, you know they really like each other but can't be together for many reasons. I'm not even sure if Haruhi likes him and she's jealous of her, or likes her and is possessive towards Mikuru and doesn't want him near her doll. Also some of the funniest things Kyon says are about Mikuru and his crush for her.
2015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 1/28/11

huckdiane wrote:

Dunno why I like Kyon with Mikuru so much, but I do. There's something about them, a feel of forbidden love, you know they really like each other but can't be together for many reasons. I'm not even sure if Haruhi likes him and she's jealous of her, or likes her and is possessive towards Mikuru and doesn't want him near her doll. Also some of the funniest things Kyon says are about Mikuru and his crush for her.


Well I kind if don't like it cuz really it's mikuru herself. Really unlikabke unless ...... Yeah

And i like kyon yuki better cuz they are the forbidden love couple really. Kyon help yuki develops emotion while she falls fir him(shown in disappearance and apparently later in the novels), unlike mikuru she had no character development with kyon at all really. It feels fake, she might a tually be evil, adult mikuru us a very manipulative person. Nothing is really direct in this series, but yuki and kyon is so good!
Posted 1/28/11
Hmm I don't like Kyon x Yuki because it seems so boring to me! Nope, it has to be Kyon x Haruhi... it's just so very right <3
760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / England
Offline
Posted 1/28/11
....I thought the point of the characterisation in Haruhi was that it was all deliberately exaggerated because that was what Haruhi was looking for, and got, as 'god' (everyone who fits her 'aliens, espers, time-travellers demand specifically, and revolving around her). But I only saw the first anime, so maybe not.

@Huckdiane regarding Stein/Medusa. Not going to happen considering they're technically opposing sides, and the manga has Stein veering towards 'not dangerously mad at the moment' with Marie as his meister, but the 'subtext' is shameless and brilliant. Personally I like the fact they profess to be simple anarchists, and Stein rejects the suggestion that some traumatic experience gave him that mindset. I'm also hoping that his calmer state at the moment is a lull before the storm and that we will see him go off the deep end again. Now, the problem with Spirit being his Weapon is that he dealt with madness by 'controlling' him. How will Marie, lovely and understanding, deal with it? I would say it cannot be properly understood, but this is se we're talking about. By their standards, there is literally method to madness and it can be directed.
2015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 1/28/11

nerdsonfire1 wrote:

Hmm I don't like Kyon x Yuki because it seems so boring to me! Nope, it has to be Kyon x Haruhi... it's just so very right <3


Really? I think yuki is awesome and useful. Haruhi could be a real bitch. I think the reason why I like it is because yuki is developing smemotions and kyon is getting closer to her, bug I like haruhi also, just not as much. I mean seriously the "main" couple is a tsundere gas Bern wayy over done. And dandere has been underdone until recently. I would think it's interesting to have yuki kyon together
479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NY, USA
Offline
Posted 1/28/11
the worst anime couple is definitely Kohta and Yuka from Elfen Lied. I wish it were Kohta and Lucy. i mean Kohta and Yuka are freakin cousins!!! jeez the things i hate most in anime are rape and incest!

as for the best anime couple, to me its a toss up between Nagisa and Tomoya from Clannad and Takayuki and Mitsuki from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Posted 1/28/11 , edited 1/28/11

LelouchKyonConan wrote:

Really? I think yuki is awesome and useful. Haruhi could be a real bitch. I think the reason why I like it is because yuki is developing smemotions and kyon is getting closer to her, bug I like haruhi also, just not as much. I mean seriously the "main" couple is a tsundere gas Bern wayy over done. And dandere has been underdone until recently. I would think it's interesting to have yuki kyon together


I see your point, but I just don't like them together. I mean Yuki barely talks and it creeps me out when all she does is stare Haruhi and Kyon just make me laugh with the power struggle they have. I don't know, I just think they are a really hot couple
First  Prev  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.