First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
Best and Worst Anime Couples
730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/31/11
I think both these ships have a lot of merit to them, but I feel I need to address the other pairing in Haruhi Suzumiya. Yuki x Kyon. Honestly, the movie was about this as much as it was Kyon and Haruhi. I find all of their scenes together in the series sweet, especially as Yuki slowly opens up to Kyon and Kyon continues to take interest in knowing her. In the movie, her feelings become more obvious. Plus, the scene on the roof top? Amazing.

2015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 1/31/11

huckdiane wrote:

@LelouchKyonConan

The thing with Mikuru is that she's probably really just pretending to be like she acts, but that's the way Haruhi wants her and how Kyon likes her. I think you're right when you say that might not be her real personality, but her mission could really be to please Haruhi and Kyon's perviness, but really she's too cute to be hated. I can't even bring myself to dislike her. Plus only her and Kyon add other people to the otherwise VERY RESTRICTED cast. She's best friend with Tsuruya and has a nice bond with Kyon sister, while Kyon spends lots of time with those two guys in his class, can't remember their names... Not a massive addiction but think about it: who do Haruhi, Yuki and Koizumi know outside the SOS Brigade?? NO ONE!

As for character development she gets more insight in the novels, there's even one called The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina.

What I like about the couple is that I never seen another anime boy so apeshit about a girl like Kyon is with Mikuru. The other only one I can think of is Simon with Nia (from Gurren Lagann), but Kyon beats even him. Even though he did show some degree of interest towards the other girls as well, with Mikuru is very different. As already said before those two are the reason why I like TMOHS.



Kyon likes mikuru truly? I can't agree with that. He has normal teenage sexual desires, but really, it's not much other than that. Also the reason why. Disliked her is not because she was cute, but rather toooooooooo cute. The way she is a coward was annoying also, she dies nothing, can't do anything, abc us annoying with her whiny voice. There is a point cuteness and uselessness become annoying



nerdsonfire1 wrote:


LelouchKyonConan wrote:


alright, I just really think that if kyon didn't at least do SOMETHING no body else would have. itsuki? yeah.... he might as well as be haruhi's slave. yuki? I don't think she cares. mikuru? she is drunk. tsuruya? she was LOLing during that time.

I don't think I would have wanted him to slap her, but rather I think what he did dragged her back to reality, I don't think the author specifed a fist in the novel rather just kyoto animation felt it would be impacting.

alright write to me when your done



I was LOLing during that entire scene too, seeing Mikuru drunk was hilarious! I think I am halfway through Disappearance now... that movie is long! I was so bored until Haruhi came back, I really missed her! And I think it was cute how Kyon was acting when he found out where she went to school (running out of the building) and then his reaction when he saw her I think he realizes now how much he likes Haruhi, aww!

But seeing Yuki all shy like that was freaking me out! She was basically Mikuru, but not as annoying. It was really over the top moe in my opinion.


It like 90% kyon yuki this movie, it's nice to see the shy yuki but I miss our yuki. And yeah, this movie probably made up fir endless shit. Yuki mod overload!!! The final scene was sweet! ()
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 1/31/11
True Yuki kicks moe Yuki's butt. :'D I have to admit that reading the novels makes you appreciate Yuki so much more.
802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 2/1/11 , edited 2/1/11
@Chiibihime

Are you kidding??!! I grown up watching shoujo anime as a child.
Ai shite knight, Lady Georgie, Glass no kamen, Creamy Mami, and many, many more I can't even remember.

I should have said SHONEN anime then, and that's exactly what I meant. Anyway I still think think KyonXMikuru is the cutest pairing of TMOHS, but the goood thing about that series is that every possible pairing gets its moments, so all the shippers are happy.
802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 2/1/11
@LelouchKyonConan

well you don't think he truly likes Mikuru and I don't think he likes Yuki or Haruhi.

I've got my evidence, you've got yours. Like I said on the above post, every girl has her moment with Kyon at some point or another, and from what I see the strongest feelings he has are for Mikuru. I've gotta bring up the fist incident again: he wouldn't have reacted like that if Yuki or Haruhi where in Mikuru's place, probably not even if it was a guy doing that to them. But with Mikuru he threatened another girl, whom he's even quite close with!
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 2/1/11 , edited 2/1/11

I should have said SHONEN anime then, and that's exactly what I meant


Ohhhh that clears things up a bit. XD


I don't think he likes Yuki or Haruhi.


...............did you watch the movie? He can't live without Haruhi!! I think that means something. XD


he wouldn't have reacted like that if Yuki or Haruhi where in Mikuru's place, probably not even if it was a guy doing that to them.


I'm sure he would. Kyon is a decent guy and no decent guy is just going to stand by and watch a girl get abused...
12076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/1/11






2015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/1/11 , edited 2/1/11

huckdiane wrote:

@LelouchKyonConan

well you don't think he truly likes Mikuru and I don't think he likes Yuki or Haruhi.

I've got my evidence, you've got yours. Like I said on the above post, every girl has her moment with Kyon at some point or another, and from what I see the strongest feelings he has are for Mikuru. I've gotta bring up the fist incident again: he wouldn't have reacted like that if Yuki or Haruhi where in Mikuru's place, probably not even if it was a guy doing that to them. But with Mikuru he threatened another girl, whom he's even quite close with!


Really? I feel anyone would get turned on by mikuru, but after it turns them off. He is a pretty good guy and he has reason to stand ip to haruhi's bullying gets too far.

You REALLY should watch the movie for a lit of kyon yuki and kyon haruhi evidence. And this sees was never very direct with couples, but lots of shipping hints. Sometimes I wonder if this is a harem.
2015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/1/11

ItachiGaiden wrote:

I think both these ships have a lot of merit to them, but I feel I need to address the other pairing in Haruhi Suzumiya. Yuki x Kyon. Honestly, the movie was about this as much as it was Kyon and Haruhi. I find all of their scenes together in the series sweet, especially as Yuki slowly opens up to Kyon and Kyon continues to take interest in knowing her. In the movie, her feelings become more obvious. Plus, the scene on the roof top? Amazing.



I agree, I mean he SPOILER FIR THE MOVIE!

I think haruhi kyon is pretty good but ibront mind kyon yuki either!
802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 2/2/11
@Chiibihim
Sure he's a decent guy who doesn't just stand by and watch a girl getting abused... BY ANOTHER GIRL AND WANTS TO STOP THAT BY PUNCHING THE ABUSING GIRL??? and by doing that risking to MAKE THE UNIVERSE END! That means something too don't you think.

For example I don't see Simon punching Yoko just because she's rude to Nia, and she was very hostile towards her on many occasions in front people. She would probably walk all over him if he tried, but Kyon risked a lot more and much worse than that.

To be honest when I started watching the series I thought the main couple would have been Kyon and Haruhi even if a bit hmm... OBVIOUS.
But then I saw the interaction and chemistry between Kyon and Mikuru and I made up my mind.


802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 2/2/11
@LelouchKyonConan

I think so too, it's a harem story that's pretty obvious now from what you said happened in the movie. But I'll have to watch it myself, although don't have much time these days and from what I heard it's really long but I'll try my best.
Anyway Yuki with emotions sounds a bit like a replica of Mikuru, and bacause Mikuru doesn't know Kyon in the movie and every guy always says that she's very hard to approach if they don't know her, maybe Yuki reminds him of her...
Also the fact that he wants the previous reality back is to get close to Mikuru again...

1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 2/2/11 , edited 2/2/11

huckdiane

To be honest when I started watching the series I thought the main couple would have been Kyon and Haruhi even if a bit hmm... OBVIOUS.
But then I saw the interaction and chemistry between Kyon and Mikuru and I made up my mind.


Regardless of who you prefer to be the main couple sir, you will need to face reality soon.

KyonxHaruhi being canon is as obvious as....as........Orihime's boobs. LOL That doesn't mean you have to ship them, no, God...there are definitely canon couples I hate with every fiber of my being......but you can't ignore a fact when it's beating you over the head either.



He will never get the chance to be with another girl. She is going to drag him around until the end of time and he's subconsciously going to enjoy it.

Besides, what about the fact that



However if you REALLY love MikuruxKyon and want to fantasize about them being together, by all means, DO IT. Fandom is all about personal enjoyment. That's what doujinshi and fanfiction are for. My advice: Find a doujinshi because fanfiction is a lot um.......OOC. lol


Posted 2/2/11
Ok so I finished the movie and this is what I took away from it: Kyon loves Haruhi and Haruhi loves him (though they don't really want to admit it even to themselves). It was so cute when Haruhi was sleeping next to his hospital bed the whole time and Kyon was touching her face to wake her up! And Itsuki totally likes Haruhi and is jealous of Kyon, I don't think he's gay.

The scene with Kyon and Yuki on the roof was sweet, but there was nothing romantic about it. Kyon was acting like a big brother to Yuki, saying he would look out for her. I think he feels sorry for her because she wants feelings, but can't really have them and he thinks it's unfair that she was programmed that way.

I liked the fact that the movie put different romantic pairings in for the fans though, but of course the real one is Kyon x Haruhi
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 2/2/11 , edited 2/2/11

nerdsonfire1 wrote:
It was so cute when Haruhi was sleeping next to his hospital bed the whole time and Kyon was touching her face to wake her up!


Yeah, I was squealing. XD Touching a person's face is a pretty blatant way to show affection!

I think Itsuki is Bi. He would choose both Kyon and Haruhi if he could. ROFL. It is evident that he's jealous of Kyon for being chosen by Haruhi but he also shows a little too much interest in Kyon as well-always staring at him, getting super close and touching him. Unless like Mikuru, it's an act....which it possibly may be.

And this is odd.........but as I read the novels, there is NO mention of Itsuki and Kyon slash. It's like the anime made it up entirely almost. All Kyon says is that Itsuki is good-looking enough to get lots of girls' attention, smiles a lot, and is an irritating person to be around. XD But Itsuki does not flirt with Kyon at all in the novels!
2015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/2/11

huckdiane wrote:

@LelouchKyonConan

I think so too, it's a harem story that's pretty obvious now from what you said happened in the movie. But I'll have to watch it myself, although don't have much time these days and from what I heard it's really long but I'll try my best.
Anyway Yuki with emotions sounds a bit like a replica of Mikuru, and bacause Mikuru doesn't know Kyon in the movie and every guy always says that she's very hard to approach if they don't know her, maybe Yuki reminds him of her...
Also the fact that he wants the previous reality back is to get close to Mikuru again...



No he explained the REAL reason in his monologue. Yuki emotion leads him to understand yuki better(OUR YUKI)

its sweet. But haruhi kyon is nit bad either. I don't care too much about mikuru
First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.