First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
is it just me or this is really annoying
705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / America
Offline
Posted 4/11/08 , edited 4/11/08

Like seriously
im japanese
but throught this whole forum i see people
"trying to speak jap." everywhere
just seeing how they TRY to use those words
embarrases the eff out of me
no offence but its getting annoying
if your not japanese, dont try to write it out *especially in english* meaning trying to spell it out in english and its all wrong!
but speaking it is fine
i know alot of people might hate me for posting this, but i just thought id say something about
it since it is kind of "trying to be jap" kinda thing, it annoys me
dont tell me "just because we try to learn, doesnt mean we try to be it"
well learn it in some REAL foreign language class not a forum!

YOU GUYS ARENT GETTING THE POINT
its okay to Speak it, but when you write it, its alll wrong it doesnt even make sense and sometimes
i even see it in Maplestory not even kidding, they even put "chan" "san" "kun" in their names.
1006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / California
Offline
Posted 4/11/08
Yeeeaaah. Trying to speak Japanses, those assholes need to die. I agree with you, onee chan.
16330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Metro City
Offline
Posted 4/11/08
Most people think it's cool. Just like how some people in anime say words in English during their sentences. Just look at Sakurada in Great Teacher Onizuka.

Most of the people that TRY to speak Japanese in their english sentence happen to be girls anyways.

Haven't you heard of someone using the word "ciao"? It's an Italian word. Geeze, a majority of girls in CR these days say "KAWAII" instead of "Cute", annoys the hell out of me.
3264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 4/11/08
Ok honey
Many people are interested in other cultures
So don't put them down for their feeble attempts to be Japanese
I dont see whats wrong with using romaji...
If you are Japanese, I'm sure you know how much the Japanese love America (among others as well)
EX: KATAKANA in modern Japan is used for foreign words
and Japanese music always finds some way to put English into it


HeatherHanderson wrote:

Yeeeaaah. Trying to speak Japanses, those assholes need to die. I agree with you, onee chan.

i love sarcasm
52316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/11/08

izickree wrote:

Ok honey
Many people are interested in other cultures
So don't put them down for their feeble attempts to be Japanese
I dont see whats wrong with using romaji...
If you are Japanese, I'm sure you know how much the Japanese love America (among others as well)
EX: KATAKANA in modern Japan is used for foreign words
and Japanese music always finds some way to put English into it


YEA what he said
722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / In the hellhole c...
Offline
Posted 4/11/08
Lol, um, good for you! you think its annoying! XP So kawaii....
2886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/11/08
Well, I don't like it either. I'm seriously learning Japanese at a class.

I don't like it when people mix English and Japanese. Like saying "Omg you're so kawaii!"
I used to be that way, but grew out of it because it is ignorant and somewhat disrespectful.
Since I'm learning now, I pay attention to learning full sentences.
259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MuntinLupa, Phili...
Offline
Posted 4/11/08
it doesn't annoy me.......
There is a freedom of speech and press....hahaha:D
So what if they try to speak(write) japanese in english.....SO What??
Also we can learn any language we want any way we want it...
16313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ♪ ♫ ☼ england
Offline
Posted 4/11/08
why not? you should be happy that they like your culture so much that they are willing to do that....
1704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/11/08

KagoBon wrote:

Well, I don't like it either. I'm seriously learning Japanese at a class.

I don't like it when people mix English and Japanese. Like saying "Omg you're so kawaii!"
I used to be that way, but grew out of it because it is ignorant and somewhat disrespectful.
Since I'm learning now, I pay attention to learning full sentences.


your so fortunate your school offers japanese classes >.> our school is stupid and only gives us french german and spanish,
and they are taking out everything exept for spanish next year....
welook 
17501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / havent u noticed...
Offline
Posted 4/11/08
its a good thing people want to try and learn ur culture
7692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/11/08

danton057 wrote:

it doesn't annoy me.......
There is a freedom of speech and press....hahaha:D
So what if they try to speak(write) japanese in english.....SO What??
Also we can learn any language we want any way we want it...


that true


n_n303 wrote:

OMG THOSE ASSHOLES! HOW DARE THEY TRY TO LEARN YOUR LANGUAGE AND WORSHIP JAPAN AND ITS CULTURE!


OMGAWWDD! lets stab dem all!!!



I'm with you



DPxleah wrote:




Like seriously
im japanese
but throught this whole forum i see people
"trying to speak jap." everywhere
just seeing how they TRY to use those words
embarrases the eff out of me
no offence but its getting annoying
if your not japanese, dont try to write it out *especially in english*
but speaking it is fine
i know alot of people might hate me for posting this, but i just thought id say something about
it since it is kind of "trying to be jap" kinda thing, it annoys me
dont tell me "just because we try to learn, doesnt mean we try to be it"
well learn it in some REAL foreign language class not a forum!


Well'you don't like it , deal with it
8992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / CA, US
Offline
Posted 4/11/08
boo.... *thumbs down*
2886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/11/08

Sakura wrote:


KagoBon wrote:

Well, I don't like it either. I'm seriously learning Japanese at a class.

I don't like it when people mix English and Japanese. Like saying "Omg you're so kawaii!"
I used to be that way, but grew out of it because it is ignorant and somewhat disrespectful.
Since I'm learning now, I pay attention to learning full sentences.


your so fortunate your school offers japanese classes >.> our school is stupid and only gives us french german and spanish,
and they are taking out everything exept for spanish next year....


well, it's not my school, my school doesn't have languages.
i have to have my parents drive me to another town.

i won't be able to take japanese class in summer though....stupid california canceled them >_>
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.