First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Disabled People
5097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada, Vancouver
Offline
Posted 1/17/08
I strained my leg once. I was on crutches for a week, and now I know how the disabled people feel.
4839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 1/17/08
I have a little sister who is blind and mute she is now 17 and craves the feel of money and loves duckies that ones that squeak!

About 2 years ago she starting making sounds and has improved since then, she has yet to form a word and it is nice to hear her play the melodies of her voice!
I like to say that i got her into the habit of it as well!
7801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Pinsnotch2
Offline
Posted 1/17/08

Firefly_Amelie wrote:

a boy mext door, sick in his minde, looks like a 17 year old, must be something like 23, he stalks me, annoying...~~~


He is probly looking to rape you take some jujitsu classes so you can be prepared for when he tries to rear end you

1046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
103
Offline
Posted 1/17/08
I have a friend who is deaf. I have perfectly normal conversations with her and she's just like any other teenager. She's a really great person! The only difference is that I do try to make sure that I look at her at all times because she needs to read lips.

2546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/17/08
I really can't help but feel sorry for the disabled people. But on the other hand, I can empathize with them, slightly. I remember once in year 9 I sprained my ankle really bad, and we were on a school excursion to some other city. I had to be put in a wheelchair, and I felt so damn pathetic. I hated how I needed my friend to push me around (though he tipped me over once) but I couldn't do anything about it or I'd just be stuck somewhere and pity myself in boredom.
I guess I wanted to make up for them helping me by helping as much as I could. Though I don't think I've ever had the experience of having to help someone who's disabled, so I can't really tell how it's like in that situation. But I can't help feeling sorry for them, though I know it's not good to show it.

On another note, I feel scum for it, but I really can't stand being around people with mental disorders. I feel really sorry for them, but I just can't gather up the infinite amounts of patience needed to take care of them. Those carers have my utmost respect.

This thread is making me want to learn a few basic sign-language words/signs.
7801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Pinsnotch2
Offline
Posted 1/17/08

runimina wrote:

I have a friend who is deaf. I have perfectly normal conversations with her and she's just like any other teenager. She's a really great person! The only difference is that I do try to make sure that I look at her at all times because she needs to read lips.



thats the only kind of deaf person the world needs one like that!

7801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Pinsnotch2
Offline
Posted 1/17/08

Gabcom wrote:

I really can't help but feel sorry for the disabled people. But on the other hand, I can empathize with them, slightly. I remember once in year 9 I sprained my ankle really bad, and we were on a school excursion to some other city. I had to be put in a wheelchair, and I felt so damn pathetic. I hated how I needed my friend to push me around (though he tipped me over once) but I couldn't do anything about it or I'd just be stuck somewhere and pity myself in boredom.
I guess I wanted to make up for them helping me by helping as much as I could. Though I don't think I've ever had the experience of having to help someone who's disabled, so I can't really tell how it's like in that situation. But I can't help feeling sorry for them, though I know it's not good to show it.

On another note, I feel scum for it, but I really can't stand being around people with mental disorders. I feel really sorry for them, but I just can't gather up the infinite amounts of patience needed to take care of them. Those carers have my utmost respect.

This thread is making me want to learn a few basic sign-language words/signs.


so pretty much you think the retarded ones should be put down like i do!finally someone who understands!


1496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41
Offline
Posted 1/18/08
my cousin is deaf and mute (is cant speak means mute?) but she is fun to be with. another of my relative is mentally ill.
2546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/18/08

wolzen wrote:


so pretty much you think the retarded ones should be put down like i do!finally someone who understands!




Doesn't matter if they're retarded or not, they are someone's son or daughter, and they'll have loved ones as well as people who love them. So..No. If your child was retarded, I'm pretty sure you'd think twice before putting him/her down like some kind of animal.

Though a cure for this kind of affliction would come in handy. Then again, a cure for everything would come in handy.
7801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Pinsnotch2
Offline
Posted 1/18/08

Gabcom wrote:


wolzen wrote:


so pretty much you think the retarded ones should be put down like i do!finally someone who understands!




Doesn't matter if they're retarded or not, they are someone's son or daughter, and they'll have loved ones as well as people who love them. So..No. If your child was retarded, I'm pretty sure you'd think twice before putting him/her down like some kind of animal.

Though a cure for this kind of affliction would come in handy. Then again, a cure for everything would come in handy.


MINI MOD WOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZEN SAYS if i didn't have the heart to put him/her down i'd make sure they couldn't have kids but thankfully i don't carry that gene in my family and i'd be sure to check if it was in the person i knocked up



a nice way to put it
electricity is to light bulb as euthanism is to cure for retardation
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 1/18/08

BOSSManPretty wrote:

i have a glass eye, spent a pretty penny on a new one, cant use one of me lungs and i got a scar on the left side of me mouth. dont know if i would say im disabled


u have a glass eye? pics or gtfo
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 1/18/08
In my country we call OKU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! orang kurang berupaya
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 1/18/08

makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

In my country we call OKU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! orang kurang berupaya


lol sounds like some african tribe "saying"
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 1/18/08
lol its BM........... African??????????.............. nah
Posted 1/21/08
I'm blind in my right eye by an eye cataract. so i can't see out of my right eye at all.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.