First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
The Difference between an Otaku and an Anime Freak
1888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/17/07
Yep... people just jump on the bandwagon because they think that Naruto is the best anime.... They don't take the time to think about the plot. The plot is basically the same all the way though. He trains, then beats his enemies, rescues someone and then goes back to training. Parts of it is good, like the manga, but the anime drags on the fights for too long waiting for the manga to go deeper into the story.
Posted 10/17/07
My definition of Otaku is in Anime standards

OTAKU: A true Anime fan who watches Anime for it's plot, storytelling, characters, Moe. Basically someone who watches Anime and knows a hell of a lot about it and is a hardcore fan due to research or past knowledge.

ANIME FREAK: Just watchs Anime for the sake of watching Anime knowing very little or have somewhat of an idea of what it means.

ANIME NEWB/NOOB: Most Narutards and Bleachers who know nothing about true Anime. Tends to watch "premature" or "childish" Anime or watches Anime that they have no idea why their watching it other than, "it's cool".

P.S, Being an Otaku is harder in America than in Japan, if true Otakus went to Japan they would be on a completely different level considering more options and resources are open for you to explore and master, but you would need to be a true Otaku........like me........ , you can say I'm an Otaku but without out the hikkimori lifestyle......
1629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / In a place where...
Offline
Posted 10/17/07
Otaku :is a derisive Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly anime and manga.
Posted 10/17/07

EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:.

P.S, Being an Otaku is harder in America than in Japan, if true Otakus went to Japan they would be on a completely different level considering more options and resources are open for you to explore and master, but you would need to be a true Otaku........like me.....


You're not a real Otaku Shut the hell up.


JeNNan wrote:

Otaku :is a derisive Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly anime and manga.


Thank you for establishing what we already have several times and 30 minutes ago.

Trevor (OP)
Posted 10/17/07

kyocool wrote:


EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:.

P.S, Being an Otaku is harder in America than in Japan, if true Otakus went to Japan they would be on a completely different level considering more options and resources are open for you to explore and master, but you would need to be a true Otaku........like me.....


You're not a real Otaku Shut the hell up.


JeNNan wrote:

Otaku :is a derisive Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly anime and manga.


Thank you for establishing what we already have several times and 30 minutes ago.

Trevor (OP)


Pfft, probably coming from a one time Anime freak
And if you bothered to read anything I typed my definition of Otaku is in terms of Anime
Posted 10/17/07
^ Doesn't matter you can't create your own definition so you can be the word your wanting to describe yourself as. That's just idiotic


EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:

Pfft, probably coming from a one time Anime freak


No. I'm just smart enough to know the difference...apparently you cannot say the same.

Trevor (OP)
Posted 10/17/07

kyocool wrote:

^ Doesn't matter you can't create your own definition so you can be the word your wanting to describe yourself as. That's just idiotic


EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:

Pfft, probably coming from a one time Anime freak


No. I'm just smart enough to know the difference...apparently you cannot say the same.

Trevor (OP)


My definition is just one of many subcategories to the word Otaku, and when asking what's the difference between Otaku, Anime freak, and Anime noob obviously you have to go with the one that corresponds with the other two categories.
Posted 10/17/07

EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:


kyocool wrote:

^ Doesn't matter you can't create your own definition so you can be the word your wanting to describe yourself as. That's just idiotic


EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:

Pfft, probably coming from a one time Anime freak


No. I'm just smart enough to know the difference...apparently you cannot say the same.

Trevor (OP)


My definition is just one of many subcategories to the word Otaku, and when asking what's the difference between Otaku, Anime freak, and Anime noob obviously you have to go with the one that corresponds with the other two categories.


No because it's a flawed topic question to begin with. Because naturally not everyone fits in one of those 3. What you did is use part of a definition to define yourself as an Otaku without also including ALL the negative aspects.

Not to mention your given definition was absolutely fucking atrocious and way off.

Trevor (OP)
Posted 10/18/07

kyocool wrote:


EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:


kyocool wrote:

^ Doesn't matter you can't create your own definition so you can be the word your wanting to describe yourself as. That's just idiotic


EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:

Pfft, probably coming from a one time Anime freak


No. I'm just smart enough to know the difference...apparently you cannot say the same.

Trevor (OP)


My definition is just one of many subcategories to the word Otaku, and when asking what's the difference between Otaku, Anime freak, and Anime noob obviously you have to go with the one that corresponds with the other two categories.


No because it's a flawed topic question to begin with. Because naturally not everyone fits in one of those 3. What you did is use part of a definition to define yourself as an Otaku without also including ALL the negative aspects.

Not to mention your given definition was absolutely fucking atrocious and way off.

Trevor (OP)


Flawed topic question or not it asked for the differences so I gave the differences based upon the consistently of each category. Just because I did not list everything to being an Otaku or Anime Freak doesn't make it false. And stop stereotyping, not all Otakus are lifeless losers who sit in their rooms all day and being called an Otaku is not always offensive, it just means having a obsession for something regardless of how one expresses it.
Posted 10/18/07

EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:


kyocool wrote:


EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:


kyocool wrote:

^ Doesn't matter you can't create your own definition so you can be the word your wanting to describe yourself as. That's just idiotic


EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:

Pfft, probably coming from a one time Anime freak


No. I'm just smart enough to know the difference...apparently you cannot say the same.

Trevor (OP)


My definition is just one of many subcategories to the word Otaku, and when asking what's the difference between Otaku, Anime freak, and Anime noob obviously you have to go with the one that corresponds with the other two categories.


No because it's a flawed topic question to begin with. Because naturally not everyone fits in one of those 3. What you did is use part of a definition to define yourself as an Otaku without also including ALL the negative aspects.

Not to mention your given definition was absolutely fucking atrocious and way off.

Trevor (OP)


Flawed topic question or not it asked for the differences so I gave the differences based upon the consistently of each category. Just because I did not list everything to being an Otaku or Anime Freak doesn't make it false. And stop stereotyping, not all Otakus are lifeless losers who sit in their rooms all day and being called an Otaku is not always offensive, it just means having a obsession for something regardless of how one expresses it.


actually ALL Otakus are...thus where the basis of their name comes from. Obviously you didn't read back on previous pages as to how the word otaku came into existence.
Yes it is always offensive....unless it's to someone such as yourself who obviously doesn't know the definition and uses the word so freely to try and identify yourself with being an anime fan.

Actually yes listening only a partial definition does make it false contrary to your warped beliefs...i mean seriously?
Do you even preview your post before you reply. You're an idiot.

In essence you have just raped a definition to allow it to fit yourself so you can claim a label..it's pathetic

Trevor (OP)
Posted 10/18/07
otakus are anime freaks, but anime freaks aren't otakus
Posted 10/18/07
^^I have seen the previous pages and I did read the definition. Just another stereotype definition used to put down a group of people. Same as when you call someone a nerd meant to put down but is actually is good thing. If you went to the mall, library, and coffee shop and someone asks you where you went today saying one of the three place would be the correct answer because you did you to that place so it would make it true. I say next time you base your argument off some guys stereotype reply I suggest reading the post after it to see that he gets owned in his simple minded post and then is told the actual meaning of the word

EDIT: If you want to pull out another arbitrary argument out of another persons post just so continue on and hope to prove your so called "intelligence" over me then by all means go for it. Me, I'm gonna go to sleep and wonder what nonsense you will put up to try and dismantle something that has been obviously proven to favor me.
Posted 10/18/07
^ i already ended this argument read my post. You have epically failed.


EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:

^^I have seen the previous pages and I did read the definition. Just another stereotype definition used to put down a group of people. Same as when you call someone a nerd meant to put down but is actually is good thing. If you went to the mall, library, and coffee shop and someone asks you where you went today saying one of the three place would be the correct answer because you did you to that place so it would make it true. I say next time you base your argument off some guys stereotype reply I suggest reading the post after it to see that he gets owned in his simple minded post and then is told the actual meaning of the word


I'm not basing off of a sterotype reply. You just have misconceived notions and are an utter moron. the term Otaku albeit it not just used for anime and manga...WAS created as a negative term. therefore your trying to put a spin on a created word with a negative context thats been around longer than either of us. You simply cannot say Its a sterotyped term when it still holds true to it's orignal context.
Seriously..what about this aren't you grasping?

The whole basis of your argument is that a word created to descirbe something that didn't have a word to properly explain it before hand is stereo typing simply because you wish to use it to descirbe yourself and you do not fit the term "otaku" So you bend the real definition of the word to fit you so you can place the label on you and still have the positive stigma attached without any of the negative.


Trevor (OP)
6661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / F / YOU'LL NEVER CAPT...
Offline
Posted 10/18/07
i don't belong to any of those... sure i'm an anime fan, but i honestly don't fit in any of those categories.

i watch anime for entertainment...
10525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
on my way to your...
Offline
Posted 10/18/07
...er....i don't think i fit into any of those stereotypes either
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.