First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
The Difference between an Otaku and an Anime Freak
203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NZ
Offline
Posted 10/18/07
No-one in my Japanese class at school watches anime.
You mention the word and they go "Oh like Dragonball Z?"
Thats about the limit.

I've always seen Otakus as the 'stay at home' type.
So my main difference between Otaku and Anime fan is the house.
Posted 10/18/07

kyocool wrote:

^ i already ended this argument read my post. You have epically failed.


EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:

^^I have seen the previous pages and I did read the definition. Just another stereotype definition used to put down a group of people. Same as when you call someone a nerd meant to put down but is actually is good thing. If you went to the mall, library, and coffee shop and someone asks you where you went today saying one of the three place would be the correct answer because you did you to that place so it would make it true. I say next time you base your argument off some guys stereotype reply I suggest reading the post after it to see that he gets owned in his simple minded post and then is told the actual meaning of the word


I'm not basing off of a sterotype reply. You just have misconceived notions and are an utter moron. the term Otaku albeit it not just used for anime and manga...WAS created as a negative term. therefore your trying to put a spin on a created word with a negative context thats been around longer than either of us. You simply cannot say Its a sterotyped term when it still holds true to it's orignal context.
Seriously..what about this aren't you grasping?

The whole basis of your argument is that a word created to descirbe something that didn't have a word to properly explain it before hand is stereo typing simply because you wish to use it to descirbe yourself and you do not fit the term "otaku" So you bend the real definition of the word to fit you so you can place the label on you and still have the positive stigma attached without any of the negative.


Trevor (OP)


Okay wow, can you not read or something? I am not giving the whole definition but a specific category. I know Otaku does not necessarily associate with Anime and Mangas, but if you bothered to actually read what this thread is about than you would know were not using the word Otaku in general. Were only looking at a certain aspects that fit the purpose of this thread. If you have read my first post than you would see that I have implied that Otakus do live a hikkimori lifestyle. Someone who is narrowed minded and thinks of himself as superior because he chooses to pick fights on the internet and posts provocative statements to put down others does not frighten me.
Posted 10/18/07

EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:


kyocool wrote:

^ i already ended this argument read my post. You have epically failed.


EvenGodDoesntKnow wrote:

^^I have seen the previous pages and I did read the definition. Just another stereotype definition used to put down a group of people. Same as when you call someone a nerd meant to put down but is actually is good thing. If you went to the mall, library, and coffee shop and someone asks you where you went today saying one of the three place would be the correct answer because you did you to that place so it would make it true. I say next time you base your argument off some guys stereotype reply I suggest reading the post after it to see that he gets owned in his simple minded post and then is told the actual meaning of the word


I'm not basing off of a sterotype reply. You just have misconceived notions and are an utter moron. the term Otaku albeit it not just used for anime and manga...WAS created as a negative term. therefore your trying to put a spin on a created word with a negative context thats been around longer than either of us. You simply cannot say Its a sterotyped term when it still holds true to it's orignal context.
Seriously..what about this aren't you grasping?

The whole basis of your argument is that a word created to descirbe something that didn't have a word to properly explain it before hand is stereo typing simply because you wish to use it to descirbe yourself and you do not fit the term "otaku" So you bend the real definition of the word to fit you so you can place the label on you and still have the positive stigma attached without any of the negative.


Trevor (OP)


Okay wow, can you not read or something? I am not giving the whole definition but a specific category. I know Otaku does not necessarily associate with Anime and Mangas, but if you bothered to actually read what this thread is about than you would know were not using the word Otaku in general. Were only looking at a certain aspects that fit the purpose of this thread. If you have read my first post than you would see that I have implied that Otakus do live a hikkimori lifestyle. Someone who is narrowed minded and thinks of himself as superior because he chooses to pick fights on the internet and posts provocative statements to put down others does not frighten me.


It doesn't matter if your giving a specific catagory! The defition stand as is whatever the catagorey is. The entire point is me posting is to inform you how stupid you're being for trying to create your own definition of an "otaku". None of you can recreate a definition of something so it pertains to you. That's like me saying well if I'm tan enough i can be considered a black person.
That goes for you and whoever else has done it on this thread or will try it.

If your calling me narrow minded for knowing what an "otaku" really is and trying to correct your horribly grotesque ideas on this thread. Then yes i suppose i am. Your clearly beyond ignorant. You're just arguing in circles because you have no valid points...it's amusing.

I'm not picking fights i just despise people speak out of sheer idiocy such as yourself.
I felt you needed to be corrected. So i did it.
I wasn't trying to frighten you. Be happy i corrected you. You looked like an utter moron to people who actually know what their talking about. I'm trying to just further halt your circle and rather pointless arguments
I'm done reading your stupid round about posts which still have contained 0 valid points.

Since you now are aware of the difference your pathetic rants can cease and desist.
Remember Knowledge is power..and that's half the battle!

EDIT- I just visited your profile to see where you might have received the notion you knew anything ever.
And i found out you have a CR Girlfriend....you sir are the epitome of PHAIL
You don't deserve to have any more of your posts quoted by me on this thread

/end argument

Trevor (OP)
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/18/07

foamer wrote:

...er....i don't think i fit into any of those stereotypes either


Considering the fact that you didn't read the post where I said your not supposed to fit in any of the categories, you would be a noob. A noob at life. Actually, I set the standards of surpassing being a noob pretty low so any anime noob would be a noob at life. My standards were so low that even ppl who never seen anime before could have been above anime noob. The only requirement you need to not be a complete noob from the description I left is to not completely suck at life.
Anyone else you sucks at life should never procreate.
324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 10/18/07
Wow, I just joined this site and some of the people on here are pretty .. out there.

I hope there are some more patient and compassionate members on here that i could talk to.

Anyway, Otaku is really only a negative term in Japan. Or at least thats what I've read. Please don't quote me on it, I'm not entirely sure.

Hm .. I thought you were suppose to fit into one of the categories. Why else would you list what an Otaku, Anime Freak .. ect is ..? I get that not everyone will fit into one exactly as everyone is different but it really isn't unnecessary to say they are a noob at life. It really isn't necessary to get mad at all.
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/18/07

tequillah wrote:

No-one in my Japanese class at school watches anime.
You mention the word and they go "Oh like Dragonball Z?"
Thats about the limit.

I've always seen Otakus as the 'stay at home' type.
So my main difference between Otaku and Anime fan is the house.


I will prove to you that your wrong.
You said

No-one in my Japanese class at school watches anime.


Wait...
If you don't watch anime, then why are you on crunchyroll?
I know that there were people who joined crunchyroll back in a day just so they could flame the noob in the adopt a noob thread, but that's over now.
You also have a favorite anime so I'm assuming you watch anime.
7124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Online
Offline
Posted 10/18/07
you know? i am like half otaku and anime freak... excpet i dont fail my classes,
go around with anime keychains and shirts, etc. on or go around saying words
i think i know but i dont know... i usually say ne(huh) hai(yes and yada(no in a childish way...) and for the otaku thing i love to watch anime and check them
out. find which one are really good(...even the ones that look horribly drawn
and funny looking) i like the stories the most like NANA(its to mature for me
to read in manga and anime but i like the plot. same with hotgimmick, it doesnt match my personality people say. but i read it.
890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / War zone
Offline
Posted 10/18/07
I am none of these things because i don't hog up anime and i don't wear any picture anime in my shirt and lastly GET A LIFE, YA BITCHES, that are otaku, anime freak, or a noob.
For the noobs out there, think before doing anything stupid!
Posted 10/18/07

nightlyangel225 wrote:

you know? i am like half otaku and anime freak... excpet i dont fail my classes,
go around with anime keychains and shirts, etc. on or go around saying words
i think i know but i dont know... i usually say ne(huh) hai(yes and yada(no in a childish way...) and for the otaku thing i love to watch anime and check them
out. find which one are really good(...even the ones that look horribly drawn
and funny looking) i like the stories the most like NANA(its to mature for me
to read in manga and anime but i like the plot. same with hotgimmick, it doesnt match my personality people say. but i read it.


That doesn't make you half otaku..it just means you do what roughly 95% of anime watchers do. Nothing special

You shouldn't be saying anything in japanese unless you can properly speak the language ...saying a few words you know the meaning too in normal english sentencing structure only makes you look stupid.

Trevor (OP)
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/18/07

palmtrees123 wrote:

Wow, I just joined this site and some of the people on here are pretty .. out there.

I hope there are some more patient and compassionate members on here that i could talk to.

Anyway, Otaku is really only a negative term in Japan. Or at least thats what I've read. Please don't quote me on it, I'm not entirely sure.

Hm .. I thought you were suppose to fit into one of the categories. Why else would you list what an Otaku, Anime Freak .. ect is ..? I get that not everyone will fit into one exactly as everyone is different but it really isn't unnecessary to say they are a noob at life. It really isn't necessary to get mad at all.



arx7arbalest wrote:

OMFG now people.
No one get's the point of this thread.
Obviously no one is completely all of these.
If you can't understand what this thread meant then I'll explain it to you.

People on a forum who type like they actually have a brain are the best anime fans.
People on the forum who love to list things and don't now the difference between best and favorite are annoying. They are hardcore and zealous, but they're really bastardizing the anime fan community by giving us a stereotype and making us look like idiots.
The last category was added at the last second because to express that leet talk is annoying and that people love Naruto too much.


It wasn't a bunch of categories you are supposed to fit into. I used some symbolism I guess if you were to call it something. As I've stated before, "Otaku" is not really what I said in the first post, but I used it because they have the strongest passion for anime. In other words, the first category "Otaku" would have actually been called "People with rational thought."
Anime Freak's are pretty much people who waste the time of themselves and everyone else around them by being ignorant, stupid, and zealous. They enter a thread to make list for the sole purpose of showing off that they have seen a large amount of anime...or at least to their standards.
If this were to be called something else, I would call them " The posers/ wannabes/idiots."
The last last category was meant to portray people who seek cheap thrills and after finding the cheapest of them all, they want to tell the world.
They would be called "Failures at life."
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Dame Cabesa
Offline
Posted 10/18/07

arx7arbalest wrote:
They forsake all dubs to hell even though they're too busy hating on dubs that they never take the time to look for a decent one.

Question, cause I'm almost 100% sure you watched it, did you like the FMP dub that much.


What would you call someone who justs watches anime as a hobby?

For references to an "otaku" go watch Genshiken. :P


892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 10/18/07
I do know what an Otaku is and I call myself one but I definitely don't fit the socailly inept part! I'm barely in my house on the weekends. Is there anything a person can call themselves without taking it the worng way?! I like the word otaku cuase it sounds cool altough the meaning may be demeening and "Anime Freak" is just soo corny and boring to call oneself.
By the way Otaku isn't only used for Anime it's used for anything your obssesd with or has an extremely high intrest in. You can be considerd any type of Otkau such as Idol, Game, Technology, ETC.! The only reason why I think Otaku is taken the wrong way in Japan is because of and incident way back when an Anime Obssesed Otaku raped and murdered a girl since then Otaku's have been given a bad Rep.
Before anyone post soemthing like this ever again get your facts straight go to Wikipedia and learn your stuff. I am an Otaku and I have a healthy and active socail life!
2524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / watching you
Offline
Posted 10/18/07
Otaku???
cause i really do think the plot is the most imortant thing and i analyze the plot and stuuf to look for the real meaning of it....not that good at it though... but did u know (obvious, obvious) FMA is totally based on WWII??? bet Otakus did already.....
bet im just a fan in japanese standards
and i dont own any anime shirts
although im planning to make a death note once i get more ink for my printer (buying it takes the fun out of it...)
Posted 10/18/07
watch welcome to the nhk you'll get a real taste of an hard-core otaku+NEET+hikikomori guy.
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/18/07

Plagiarize wrote:


arx7arbalest wrote:
They forsake all dubs to hell even though they're too busy hating on dubs that they never take the time to look for a decent one.

Question, cause I'm almost 100% sure you watched it, did you like the FMP dub that much.


What would you call someone who justs watches anime as a hobby?

For references to an "otaku" go watch Genshiken. :P




I really liked the FMP dub, but thats beside the point. Reason I pointed that out is because once a person has decided that the subs are good and dub is pure evil, then they usually never change thier minds.

If any of you are actually finding what category you fit into, then you won't find it. If you understood the point, then you are definetely under the category of "People with rational thought."



I GIVE UP!!!!

No one understands the point of this thread or just feels like derailing it by describing the true definition of what an otaku is. I DON'T NEED TO KNOW WHAT AN OTAKU IS. I ALREADY KNOW. EVEN IF I DIDN'T KNOW, I DO NOW BECAUSE YOUR ALL SHOVING IT DOWN MY FUCKING THROAT.

I even spoon fed the point of the fucking thread to you and you still don't get it. AHHHHHHHH

There hasn't been one post that actually was relevant to this thread.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.