First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
Which game should be an Anime?
18945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
FFVIII
FFIX
FFX
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
Tales of the Abyss
Suikoden II
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/21/08

cleaverboy wrote:


sigma_draconis wrote:


cleaverboy wrote:


sigma_draconis wrote:

Devil May Cry series should be an Anime. Not the crappy one that's out now, but done right and actually uses the storyline and characters from the game series rather than adding their own cliche-ridden cast of characters.


But they did use the characters from the game series....


The only characters they used were and Out-of-Character Dante, Lady and Trish. There was no Vergil, Arkham, Mundus etc. Most of those characters were replaced by the cliche cute girl, the companion old man etc. And it wouldn't have killed them had they even used any story from the main game.


Well, Arkham was killed wasn't he? And It would make sense Virgil isn't there either considering how much of a role he played in first and second DMC games. Besides you were saying that they should have used the characters themselves not necessarily with their respective personalities.


Well that's what I meant when I said it should be done right. They should use the stories from the actual games instead of making their own stories, making it felt like a bunch of filler episodes. And by using the stories from the games, they will also include the characters from those games.

A DMC anime would mostly be to try and attract the fans of the game series, and therefore putting Vergil in along with other popular characters can only help the show. And because the oens who will watch it are the fans, it becomes even more important to get the personalities of the established characters right. Dante seems like he got replace by a quiet, emotionless clone instead of being the brash, talkative and arrogant demon he always is. They should try to get the main character right first instead of trying to add new characters.
115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Tennessee
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
I think the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time should be an anime. I think it already has a manga out anyway so why not publish the anime as well.
808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Colorado
Offline
Posted 1/21/08

CrunchyBleach wrote:

if zelda was an anime i cant imagine it being any good. i think they would make it more of a kids cartoon.
Uh, hello? they already did. it SUCKED. if they made something out of zelda again, it should be better than the last, considering the advancements in animated series since then.

1185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 1/21/08

sigma_draconis wrote:


cleaverboy wrote:


sigma_draconis wrote:


cleaverboy wrote:


sigma_draconis wrote:

Devil May Cry series should be an Anime. Not the crappy one that's out now, but done right and actually uses the storyline and characters from the game series rather than adding their own cliche-ridden cast of characters.


But they did use the characters from the game series....


The only characters they used were and Out-of-Character Dante, Lady and Trish. There was no Vergil, Arkham, Mundus etc. Most of those characters were replaced by the cliche cute girl, the companion old man etc. And it wouldn't have killed them had they even used any story from the main game.


Well, Arkham was killed wasn't he? And It would make sense Virgil isn't there either considering how much of a role he played in first and second DMC games. Besides you were saying that they should have used the characters themselves not necessarily with their respective personalities.


Well that's what I meant when I said it should be done right. They should use the stories from the actual games instead of making their own stories, making it felt like a bunch of filler episodes. And by using the stories from the games, they will also include the characters from those games.

A DMC anime would mostly be to try and attract the fans of the game series, and therefore putting Vergil in along with other popular characters can only help the show. And because the oens who will watch it are the fans, it becomes even more important to get the personalities of the established characters right. Dante seems like he got replace by a quiet, emotionless clone instead of being the brash, talkative and arrogant demon he always is. They should try to get the main character right first instead of trying to add new characters.



I see your point however, if they just used the characters and stories from the actual game then there is no room for expansion. The people who would be drawn to the series would most likely be fans of the videogame series. Because the anime only has the characters and story taken directly from the game, then the audience would most liekely be put off since they are technically watching the same thing again. The point of turning an videogame into an anime is to expand on the characters and the story to points the game never reached. It keeps things fresh and most of the time the familiar setting or themes are enough to satisfy the fans of the game series and keep them watching.

I suppose the Devil May Cry anime didn't exactly stick close enough to the game.
4887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Drowningin the Da...
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
Metal gear solid
934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / worthing, uk
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
arent they making a halo and spliner cell movie???

tales of symphonia is a well cool game and anime,WATCH IT!
972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
A good Ninja Gaiden anime should be good.
8037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / idk, really, i ju...
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
kingdom heart.....Final Fantasy
994 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Midgar-Sector 7 S...
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
I think Kingdom Hearts would make an interesting anime
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/21/08

cleaverboy wrote:

I see your point however, if they just used the characters and stories from the actual game then there is no room for expansion. The people who would be drawn to the series would most likely be fans of the videogame series. Because the anime only has the characters and story taken directly from the game, then the audience would most liekely be put off since they are technically watching the same thing again. The point of turning an videogame into an anime is to expand on the characters and the story to points the game never reached. It keeps things fresh and most of the time the familiar setting or themes are enough to satisfy the fans of the game series and keep them watching.

I suppose the Devil May Cry anime didn't exactly stick close enough to the game.


I suppose you're right about trying to expand the story of the series. But it didn't felt like they were trying to do it here, but instead felt like they were trying to cash in on the DMC name with a bunch of filler, disjointed episodes. If they wanted to expand the story, do stuff like expand on Dante's past (like the manga did), or what happenned between DMC3 and DMC1. If they wanted to add characters, add ones that actually contribute and affect the story in any meaningful way, not useless stock characters. And while they're using the characters from the game, keep the personalities intact. If they were to have Dante have a new personality, they have to at least put some developement as to how he became that way or if it's the past, what happens for him to change into what we see now in the games.

All in all, it felt like they were cashing in from the name rather than making any efforts to expand the series at all.
90 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
Gun Hazard would be pretty good as an anime series.

Romance of the three kingdoms would probably be pretty cool too, maybe even cooler.
94 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
for me... i would like a Valkyrie profile anime series.... coz there is still alot of question left to be answered in the game.. and besides.. i want to see Lezard Valeth in action lolz^^
287 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / my house =]
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
idk wut this is about =P
1185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Tingin ka sa liko...
Offline
Posted 1/21/08
flyff...just like ragnarok...
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.