First  Prev  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  Next  Last
How would you mod your car?
71 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Racetrack
Offline
Posted 2/11/08
I haven't modified it yet man. I have no money. The monthly payments and maintenance kills me! How is your car doing and what is done to it?
1263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Philadelphia
Offline
Posted 2/11/08
Its going pretty decent. Its currently down for the winter for a rebuild. Full rebuild with wiesco on eagles, BC springs&retainers w/ hks 272's and mildy ported head. Evo 3 mani on a Holset hx35, 960cc , dsmlink, lm-1, sbr race fmic,..and a bunch of other stuff..Engine bay was tucked and resprayed. All harnesses were removed and everything is wired directly.

Im currently waiting for my fittings to come in from jegs so i can put my 8 gal fuel cell in and waiting for my flange to come in from RRE so i can weld me up a new 3" side exit exhaust coming out of from the front tire.

Thats pretty much the basics of it. I know ill need a cage but ill wait until they kick me out of the track before i get one.
122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 2/11/08

RainbowCoconuts wrote:

I would personally take my 1994 Saab 900s convertible and first swap out the engine for the turbo engine from a newer Saab, not exactly sure which one, though. I would stick on a dual exhaust, get the body/aero kit from the turbo version of my car, along with the rims. That's about it. Then I would be happy. Never going to happen, but I can dream.


I had a 2000 Saab 9-3 turbo (all Saab's in the year 2000 were turbo)

The 2.0 ecotec engine is a pretty solid little engine, but I never got around to doing anything more than slapping an intake on it before I got rid of the car.

From the research I did before/after I bought it, I really wanted to get the Viggen, but I wasn't lucky enough to find one of those :p (the Viggen was the top-end model with a 2.3l)
305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / wausau
Offline
Posted 2/12/08
i would get a 240sx..bone stock..drop a 1997 sr20det blacktop, put on magnaflow exhaust(stainless steel), drifter kit, no spoiler and midnight black for my outside color and custum black interior..lsd ect...for a drifting car..but not going to put roll cages or anything like that keeping the interior together
Posted 2/12/08
Don't show respect for anyone who says " I'd add NOS"
Posted 2/12/08
the best tat u'll ever see!
21812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 2/12/08

lasthope05 wrote:

You need to chill the hell out. He is 16. Give him a break. We all know that this isnt a real forum for cars and most people dont know any better. Why the hell would you join the crunchyroll forums to learn? That is just retarded since this is a video streaming website. Take that into your evom forums and tell it to noobs there not here. Be more mature about things.


Lol, there are some funny topics in the evom forum that rock anyone of cr car thread.

Dude just bought his X and asked, "Why isn't my rpm at 0 while the engine is on? It's always between 0.5-1 rpm! My SRT4 wasn't like that!" I don't know if this even deserves to drive a car.
178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Anywhere speed is...
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

EbEvoVIII wrote:


lasthope05 wrote:


EbEvoVIII wrote:


ChaosEmpire wrote:

My car: Evo IX/X

Bore up the engine.replace with forged pistons,crankshaft and con rods.
Direct Port NOS system.
twin-turbocharger with water-cooled bearing sections with air-to-air intercooler and a remote wastegate with an electronic boost control and emergency boost control.
For fuel injection, i'd use a staged injection system with a fully programmable aftermarket ecu.
Ignition system, an aftermarket spark plug and a distributorless ignition system.
For intake system, i would use a cold air or ram air intake system with a high flow cone air filter and a Karmen Vortex Airflow sensor. A multi-plate throttle body that is bored up would be used.
Exhaust systems, a performance muffler is gonna be used to create a free flow exhaust system.

i would also add a body kit with carbon hood and spoiler and 19"/20" Konig toxxin v.2 gloss black rims. tint the windows black and add a roll cage and also lower the ride height and change the suspension system.

other modifications i have to think about it but thats the most of it


Wow............I joined this forum to actually read and "learn" from others that know more than me but I was wrong. Why would you need to bore the engine on the Evo IX? The 4g63 alone can handle up to 500whp safely. Remember though, I am talking about the block alone. Yes forged pistons, and connecting rods are nice but the crank is solid. AMS and Buschur Racing use the stock crank on all their evos and they run well into the 8's. You don't need nitrous. It is pointless for the evo. Stop watching Fast and the Furious and go read up on cars and how they function. Join a forum filled with "resources" on how to modify a vehicle of your choice safely. Just to let you know, twin-turbos are COMPLETELY useless on any four cylinder engine. The evo already comes with a 16g turbo that is ready to hit 400whp mark on supporting modifications. As for the intake goes, the stock one is ready for just about anything. Just drop in an aftermarket filter and you are ready to go. The evolution's stock MAF sensor is very very picky. It doesn't like aftermarket intakes and aftermarket vta blow off valves, unless you get tuned for these. What is a multi-plate throttle body? I hope you aren't talking about a blower. If you want more air flow, then get a slightly bigger throttle body. It will give you better throttle response. As for the exhaust goes, you can't get a free-flowing exhaust just by changing the muffler. The muffler is designed to reduce noise pollution. There are two resonators under the evo and a catalytic converter. Get a full turbo-back exhaust for free-flowing performance. Just another thought, why would you go for 19" or even 20" rims when you want performance? That is completely dumb. Just be ready to hit potholes and bend your rims and get bubbles in your tires. The maximum you should go with is 18" and that is if you are into racing. No not street racing, I mean track racing. The suspension also is perfect from the factory in the evo for street and a little bit of track use. You have to understand that lowering the car doesn't necessarily mean you get better handling and it is for looks. It may quite possibly making your handling even worse. Read up on evos to help you understand. Here is a really good forum I am associated with: Evolutionm.net. Please don't post dumb threads either. Just search for topics and you will find the answers.



You need to chill the hell out. He is 16. Give him a break. We all know that this isnt a real forum for cars and most people dont know any better. Why the hell would you join the crunchyroll forums to learn? That is just retarded since this is a video streaming website. Take that into your evom forums and tell it to noobs there not here. Be more mature about things.


I was actually very calm when I was typing that. I am trying to help him out by advising him to go to evolutionm.net if he really wants to learn about evos. The only reason why I say not to post dumb threads is because there are people on there that will flame him for being 16 and for asking something dumb. Most of them will tell you to search. I will be more than happy to explain almost everything he wants to know about them. I came to this forums because a friend of mine said that the car forum has some pretty neat topics to talk about. You learn from others experiences and your own mistakes. Granted, this is a streaming website but still there are many more things I have to learn. I was being immature by explaining why those modifications are wrong. The fast and the furious comment wasn't neccessary, I agree but I was one of those fanboys that thought street racing was the best thing and that stickers made your car look "awesome". I apologize if I was being too direct or if I insulted anyone.



well i dont really know much. just picked it up here and there.just searched the net around. also i didnt watch fast and furious.... found it to be a waste of time. if i had a car in the first place and can mod it dont you think that i would have looked up on car modifications properly. besides vinyls and decals aint gonna make your ride more awesome i prefer plain cars that dont attract too much attention.but hey all's well and thanks for the info
2193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Unknown
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
i dont have one but a Lamborghini would be cool
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
Impreza Ver9 STi Spec C would be my dream car...
Its my target, hopefully will own it for the next 3yrs....
pray 4 me...
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / california
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

240sx-mayn wrote:

dont spend your money on a SR it will be a waste (trust me i know) just buy a 240 boost the ks24de, u dont even need to rebuild it, just do minor fuel mods..like fuel pump, fuel regulator and injectors, and u can run about 7-10 psi on the stock ka24det and u can beat SR20det any time of the day ,


lol idk about that....ka24e's are single cams from 89-90 which usually have about 200k+ miles on them, i myself wouldnt trust it and rebuild, but if your on a budget then i guess you can, my friend just recently boosted his dual cam with the egay turbo kit, holding up pretty fine, just needs a tune and im guessing hes pushing about 230ish? hes running t3/t4e with 770cc injectors walboro 255 fp, wideband o2 and safc, and even if you do get all that it'll probably be cheaper than a sr swap



lasthope05 wrote:


GreekCotan wrote:


ChaosEmpire wrote:

Ill be getting an EVO X when it comes out. Swap the exhaust give it a carbon hood with working hood scoop with cold air intake. maybe add a supercharger if possible. change the rims and add michelin tyres and HID lights. Fog lights are a must. A carbon spoiler and maybe illegally increase the engine bore diameter and turbocharger intake and Brembo brakes. may do abit more modding but not sure for now.


you are planning to turbo and super charger it? Thats a bad idea and a waste cause of all the fuel you'll have to burn xD Also if the cops find out what you're engine modification they will scrap the car and you're going to jail. Though i have always wanted to make an RB30 or RB31 :D


I usually dont respond to these types of posts and I'm not really sure I want to start yet. Haha... Have you realized that so many people on here have no clue about half the stuff they say. I sit here and read some of their posts and think about it for a bit and just shrug it off since 60% of the people here are F&F, 35% are just young teens and the other 5% actually know what they are talking about. But then again...I do just come into CR forums just for laughs.


i agree, but i do like to respond and tell them the right things




BoostFedEMII wrote:


GreekCotan wrote:


lasthope05 wrote:

GreekCotan wrote:

ChaosEmpire wrote:
Ill be getting an EVO X when it comes out. Swap the exhaust give it a carbon hood with working hood scoop with cold air intake. maybe add a supercharger if possible. change the rims and add michelin tyres and HID lights. Fog lights are a must. A carbon spoiler and maybe illegally increase the engine bore diameter and turbocharger intake and Brembo brakes. may do abit more modding but not sure for now.


you are planning to turbo and super charger it? Thats a bad idea and a waste cause of all the fuel you'll have to burn xD Also if the cops find out what you're engine modification they will scrap the car and you're going to jail. Though i have always wanted to make an RB30 or RB31 :D


I usually dont respond to these types of posts and I'm not really sure I want to start yet. Haha... Have you realized that so many people on here have no clue about half the stuff they say. I sit here and read some of their posts and think about it for a bit and just shrug it off since 60% of the people here are F&F, 35% are just young teens and the other 5% actually know what they are talking about. But then again...I do just come into CR forums just for laughs.


I agree that they are enthusiasts, but most of them are kids none the less. Anyways they are fascinated with cars and say what they think and thats what kids do, ignorant as it may be. Also, what do you expect when an anime/video site has stuff like initial D and wangan midnight express (Shuto Kousoku Trial)? I'm sure atleast 90% of the people here think skyline or supra are the best car out there and have no idea what is ricey and how to "Change the blinker fluid" lol.

http://www.geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/blinkerfluid2.html


actually, people have dual charged cars before... check nasioc.com for a dual charged STI but yea, that kids full of it. ever since i came to this forum, all ive been doing is bashing stupid people because it kills time at work for me. its fun. im surprised i havent been banned by any mods yet.



yah dualcharged sti in costa mesa correct? seen the guy be4 looks like a cool setup for a flat4, and i think theres another twincharged car, corolla 86? from droop i think




biggerbutt wrote:

whats with all these azians people wanting sti? thats a white person's car even though its fast.. be azn and get civic or integras then mod that like i did.........




biggerbutt wrote:

iono where u be living tho bud but where i live in C.A these white folks thinking they so azn by getting them subarus and 240 and putting crappy mod on them like those tin cans which makes them loud farting noises

seriously white people dont got no styles even blk people got their own by puttin on dem 20 in+ rims and tires on their sc400s


crappy mods? lol tell me what a mod real mod is then, exhaust isnt a crappy mod genius, once you go boost you'll understand that from the turbomanifold/downpipe back is very important and gives you more flow/earlier spool time




Aldread wrote:

well, ill give you a run down on my current mods on my cars:

90 Nissan 180sx:

Sil80 conversion
Kouki tail lights
Full cusco suspension (only factory suspension is front/rear sway bars)
Cusco 8pt roll cage
300ZX 5lug upgrade and breaks (aluminum calipers) front and rear.
5Zigen typhoon 17x7.5 front 17x8 in the rear
factory LSD
Tein inner/outer tie rod ends
Red Top with S15 ball bearing turbo
HKS-R FMIC
Apexi BOV
Apexi GT exhaust
HKS downpipe
HKS manual boost controller
Apexi SAFC
Apexi rev-speed meter with g-force attachment
apexi boost gage
hks oil pressure gage and fuel pressure guage

97 Subaru impreza coup:
Full JDM ver. 4 STI conversion (right hand drive) (in the works)
sti interior, suspension, drive train bumpers, hood, wing ect.
Cusco front strut tower bar
cusco rear triangle bar


woot woot another 240 owner!!!
how much boost you running on the t28?? any upgrades on the motor? what kind of injectors are you running?
damn and i hope you dont daily drive that car....you'll end up cracking ur skull mang




lasthope05 wrote:


EbEvoVIII wrote:


ChaosEmpire wrote:

My car: Evo IX/X

Bore up the engine.replace with forged pistons,crankshaft and con rods.
Direct Port NOS system.
twin-turbocharger with water-cooled bearing sections with air-to-air intercooler and a remote wastegate with an electronic boost control and emergency boost control.
For fuel injection, i'd use a staged injection system with a fully programmable aftermarket ecu.
Ignition system, an aftermarket spark plug and a distributorless ignition system.
For intake system, i would use a cold air or ram air intake system with a high flow cone air filter and a Karmen Vortex Airflow sensor. A multi-plate throttle body that is bored up would be used.
Exhaust systems, a performance muffler is gonna be used to create a free flow exhaust system.

i would also add a body kit with carbon hood and spoiler and 19"/20" Konig toxxin v.2 gloss black rims. tint the windows black and add a roll cage and also lower the ride height and change the suspension system.

other modifications i have to think about it but thats the most of it


Wow............I joined this forum to actually read and "learn" from others that know more than me but I was wrong. Why would you need to bore the engine on the Evo IX? The 4g63 alone can handle up to 500whp safely. Remember though, I am talking about the block alone. Yes forged pistons, and connecting rods are nice but the crank is solid. AMS and Buschur Racing use the stock crank on all their evos and they run well into the 8's. You don't need nitrous. It is pointless for the evo. Stop watching Fast and the Furious and go read up on cars and how they function. Join a forum filled with "resources" on how to modify a vehicle of your choice safely. Just to let you know, twin-turbos are COMPLETELY useless on any four cylinder engine. The evo already comes with a 16g turbo that is ready to hit 400whp mark on supporting modifications. As for the intake goes, the stock one is ready for just about anything. Just drop in an aftermarket filter and you are ready to go. The evolution's stock MAF sensor is very very picky. It doesn't like aftermarket intakes and aftermarket vta blow off valves, unless you get tuned for these. What is a multi-plate throttle body? I hope you aren't talking about a blower. If you want more air flow, then get a slightly bigger throttle body. It will give you better throttle response. As for the exhaust goes, you can't get a free-flowing exhaust just by changing the muffler. The muffler is designed to reduce noise pollution. There are two resonators under the evo and a catalytic converter. Get a full turbo-back exhaust for free-flowing performance. Just another thought, why would you go for 19" or even 20" rims when you want performance? That is completely dumb. Just be ready to hit potholes and bend your rims and get bubbles in your tires. The maximum you should go with is 18" and that is if you are into racing. No not street racing, I mean track racing. The suspension also is perfect from the factory in the evo for street and a little bit of track use. You have to understand that lowering the car doesn't necessarily mean you get better handling and it is for looks. It may quite possibly making your handling even worse. Read up on evos to help you understand. Here is a really good forum I am associated with: Evolutionm.net. Please don't post dumb threads either. Just search for topics and you will find the answers.



You need to chill the hell out. He is 16. Give him a break. We all know that this isnt a real forum for cars and most people dont know any better. Why the hell would you join the crunchyroll forums to learn? That is just retarded since this is a video streaming website. Take that into your evom forums and tell it to noobs there not here. Be more mature about things.


lol i agreee but i see you guys got that figure out, but yah everyone on here are basically just kids/well some of us are actually old enough to drive/own cars, so dont get angry just if the informations wrong, write up the right information or you can just leave them alone think what they thinkk

but yah to the guy that said 19/20s on the evo....first of all why would you go RWD staggered wheels? imo would look dumb on a evo 2nd why so big? your going to have to get small profile tires and end up bending a rim or something 3rd damn must be nice to have money to get tires those size often lol



GreekCotan wrote:

Don't show respect for anyone who says " I'd add NOS"


uhhh... really??? you have no respect for me??? XP i was actually thinking of building my s14 with nos and end up boosting it imma go BIG TURBO so i dont want turbo lag, so ill hit the nos button to kick into my powerband LOL

oh btw there are cars in the d1 series that use nos if you didnt know...haha corollas to be exact
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / california
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

fazna08 wrote:

Impreza Ver9 STi Spec C would be my dream car...
Its my target, hopefully will own it for the next 3yrs....
pray 4 me...


i myself dont like 06+ the headlights and taillights really killed it for me same with the 08..but i like the hatchback idea
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / california
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

EbEvoVIII wrote:

I haven't modified it yet man. I have no money. The monthly payments and maintenance kills me! How is your car doing and what is done to it?


lolol yah payment on those cars are a pain in the arse, good thing mines done being paid off so i have all my money going to my cars lol


lasthope05 wrote:

Its going pretty decent. Its currently down for the winter for a rebuild. Full rebuild with wiesco on eagles, BC springs&retainers w/ hks 272's and mildy ported head. Evo 3 mani on a Holset hx35, 960cc , dsmlink, lm-1, sbr race fmic,..and a bunch of other stuff..Engine bay was tucked and resprayed. All harnesses were removed and everything is wired directly.

Im currently waiting for my fittings to come in from jegs so i can put my 8 gal fuel cell in and waiting for my flange to come in from RRE so i can weld me up a new 3" side exit exhaust coming out of from the front tire.

Thats pretty much the basics of it. I know ill need a cage but ill wait until they kick me out of the track before i get one.


nah you dont really need a cage at the track, i dont have a cage for my 14 yet..booo how much did it cost you to respray the enginebay? did you do it yourself? cause i need to do it for my 13...my engine bay is DIRRRTYYYYY it has all these nice parts etc but its dirty...know what i meannn? lol and my rear underbody is probably heavy from all that dirt in the rear suspension/subframe area....lol been dirt dropping too much at horsethief mile


1263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Philadelphia
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

yangss14 wrote:


EbEvoVIII wrote:

I haven't modified it yet man. I have no money. The monthly payments and maintenance kills me! How is your car doing and what is done to it?


lolol yah payment on those cars are a pain in the arse, good thing mines done being paid off so i have all my money going to my cars lol


lasthope05 wrote:

Its going pretty decent. Its currently down for the winter for a rebuild. Full rebuild with wiesco on eagles, BC springs&retainers w/ hks 272's and mildy ported head. Evo 3 mani on a Holset hx35, 960cc , dsmlink, lm-1, sbr race fmic,..and a bunch of other stuff..Engine bay was tucked and resprayed. All harnesses were removed and everything is wired directly.

Im currently waiting for my fittings to come in from jegs so i can put my 8 gal fuel cell in and waiting for my flange to come in from RRE so i can weld me up a new 3" side exit exhaust coming out of from the front tire.

Thats pretty much the basics of it. I know ill need a cage but ill wait until they kick me out of the track before i get one.


nah you dont really need a cage at the track, i dont have a cage for my 14 yet..booo how much did it cost you to respray the enginebay? did you do it yourself? cause i need to do it for my 13...my engine bay is DIRRRTYYYYY it has all these nice parts etc but its dirty...know what i meannn? lol and my rear underbody is probably heavy from all that dirt in the rear suspension/subframe area....lol been dirt dropping too much at horsethief mile




You probably dont need a cage cause your not running fast enough times yet but I DO need a roll cage if I go to the track. All track rules specify a roll cage must be install when running a time faster then 11.49. With my setup and my car fully gutted with a fuel cell I am hoping to run a 10.8x. I do all my work myself. Pull the engine out, degreased the entire bay sanded it down then layed on the layers via spray gun(sealer, primer, single stage..didnt care about the 2stage for the bay).. Im thinking about redoing my entire under carrage too when it gets warmer. I plan to sand blast all the rust out, respray an anti-rust coating and re-undercoat everything.
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / california
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

lasthope05 wrote:


yangss14 wrote:


EbEvoVIII wrote:

I haven't modified it yet man. I have no money. The monthly payments and maintenance kills me! How is your car doing and what is done to it?


lolol yah payment on those cars are a pain in the arse, good thing mines done being paid off so i have all my money going to my cars lol


lasthope05 wrote:

Its going pretty decent. Its currently down for the winter for a rebuild. Full rebuild with wiesco on eagles, BC springs&retainers w/ hks 272's and mildy ported head. Evo 3 mani on a Holset hx35, 960cc , dsmlink, lm-1, sbr race fmic,..and a bunch of other stuff..Engine bay was tucked and resprayed. All harnesses were removed and everything is wired directly.

Im currently waiting for my fittings to come in from jegs so i can put my 8 gal fuel cell in and waiting for my flange to come in from RRE so i can weld me up a new 3" side exit exhaust coming out of from the front tire.

Thats pretty much the basics of it. I know ill need a cage but ill wait until they kick me out of the track before i get one.


nah you dont really need a cage at the track, i dont have a cage for my 14 yet..booo how much did it cost you to respray the enginebay? did you do it yourself? cause i need to do it for my 13...my engine bay is DIRRRTYYYYY it has all these nice parts etc but its dirty...know what i meannn? lol and my rear underbody is probably heavy from all that dirt in the rear suspension/subframe area....lol been dirt dropping too much at horsethief mile




You probably dont need a cage cause your not running fast enough times yet but I DO need a roll cage if I go to the track. All track rules specify a roll cage must be install when running a time faster then 11.49. With my setup and my car fully gutted with a fuel cell I am hoping to run a 10.8x. I do all my work myself. Pull the engine out, degreased the entire bay sanded it down then layed on the layers via spray gun(sealer, primer, single stage..didnt care about the 2stage for the bay).. Im thinking about redoing my entire under carrage too when it gets warmer. I plan to sand blast all the rust out, respray an anti-rust coating and re-undercoat everything.



oooo your talking about drag racing, hahaa i thought you were talking about grip/drift/autox...but yah im tooo lazy to pull my motor out man and i know you knwo what i mean...its a bisch lol
First  Prev  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.