First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
How would you mod your car?
Posted 12/26/07
trust me man i spend about 4 gs on the hole front clip of a JDM s13 black top....thats 2gs more than u ..but i got the front convention too so u can kinda see how much money i spend on my car
4086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
lol i hardly know anything about cars js the basics are all i know, my cuzzins are the experts on these things, they love their car more than their girlfriends
419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

lasthope05 wrote:
The best 4 cyl motors out there are the 4g63 and the sr20 but to me the SR are crap, but only because its an imported engine.


Wow you would put an SR20 over a K20?
1263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Philadelphia
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
Yes I would. Do you want to know why?

The SR20 comes turbo stock.
K20 is NA.
SR20 is a cast iron block that holds 500hp easily on stock block
K20 is an aluminum block that hold what? 350hp max on stock internals?


I believe the choice if obvious. Put a $40 boost controller on a DSM or SR in stock from and they will kill a rsx with bolt ons. And guess what the 4g63 is the same as the SR20 cast iron and holds over 500hp stock block and the record is currently over 700hp stock block. Plus they can be had for less than 600 as a complete running motor. Nothing beats that. Point and blank.
Posted 12/26/07

4wdcelica wrote:


lasthope05 wrote:
The best 4 cyl motors out there are the 4g63 and the sr20 but to me the SR are crap, but only because its an imported engine.


Wow you would put an SR20 over a K20?
wtf u mean a KA24de a k20 is a type S motor

Posted 12/26/07

lasthope05 wrote:

Yes I would. Do you want to know why?

The SR20 comes turbo stock.
K20 is NA.
SR20 is a cast iron block that holds 500hp easily on stock block
K20 is an aluminum block that hold what? 350hp max on stock internals?


I believe the choice if obvious. Put a $40 boost controller on a DSM or SR in stock from and they will kill a rsx with bolt ons. And guess what the 4g63 is the same as the SR20 cast iron and holds over 500hp stock block and the record is currently over 700hp stock block. Plus they can be had for less than 600 as a complete running motor. Nothing beats that. Point and blank.
man i dont diss your car knowledge but SR20s are aluminum heads...a K24de is cast iron..i think u got confused

1263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Philadelphia
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
I stated cast iron block in my post. I believe almost all imports used aluminum heads.
419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

lasthope05 wrote:

Yes I would. Do you want to know why?

The SR20 comes turbo stock.
K20 is NA.
SR20 is a cast iron block that holds 500hp easily on stock block
K20 is an aluminum block that hold what? 350hp max on stock internals?


I believe the choice if obvious. Put a $40 boost controller on a DSM or SR in stock from and they will kill a rsx with bolt ons. And guess what the 4g63 is the same as the SR20 cast iron and holds over 500hp stock block and the record is currently over 700hp stock block. Plus they can be had for less than 600 as a complete running motor. Nothing beats that. Point and blank.


K20 has shown to hold 500+whp on stock block.

So what if the SR20 came stock with a snail? The K20 is rated at the same amount as power as the SR20s in the 180sx's, and its NA. Doesn't that give it some credit?

Also how can you say the SR20 and 4G63 are the same? Just because they have a cast iron block doesnt mean they are the same. Also post some proof of that 7xxhp stock block SR20.


I am in no means saying the SR20 is a bad motor.
419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

240sx-mayn wrote:


4wdcelica wrote:


lasthope05 wrote:
The best 4 cyl motors out there are the 4g63 and the sr20 but to me the SR are crap, but only because its an imported engine.


Wow you would put an SR20 over a K20?
wtf u mean a KA24de a k20 is a type S motor



I typed it correctly. I really did mean the K20.
Posted 12/26/07
ohh cause most Nissan motors that are JDM are aluminum
Posted 12/26/07

4wdcelica wrote:


240sx-mayn wrote:


4wdcelica wrote:


lasthope05 wrote:
The best 4 cyl motors out there are the 4g63 and the sr20 but to me the SR are crap, but only because its an imported engine.


Wow you would put an SR20 over a K20?
wtf u mean a KA24de a k20 is a type S motor



I typed it correctly. I really did mean the K20.
yea k20 are good for all motor cars .BUT a stock SR vs stock K20.. the SR will win hand down...

1263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Philadelphia
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
I give the k20 credit of making 200 NA. I stated that they are the same in that they both hold 500hp in stock form and both cast iron blocks which is much stronger than aluminum.

I said the 4g63 was the motor that made +700hp on stock block also.


This one is 600 and its not the record. Just another guy trying to get the most of the stock block.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/hangout/268118-600-whp-stock-bottom-end-gsx.html

Just give me some more time and ill find the +700hp one. And why would I bullshit? Im not some 13yr kid that thinks he knows cars. Im one that builds and works on them for a living.
21818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
1 700hp+ out of how many blown ones?
1263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Philadelphia
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
Out of zero. Its all in the tuning my friend.
21818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
So you're saying all the attempts for a 700hp+ car, not one was a failure? That's quite skeptical.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.