First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply The Namesake of Bleach
Member
926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / the beautiful isl...
Offline
Posted 4/13/08
why do you think Bleach is entitled "bleach"

and not "Vaizard" or "Shinigami" or "Zanpakutou"
or anything else...

just why is it "BLEACH"?
Member
7425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / . . .in a corner...
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
I read in one thread, can't remember the topic though, that Bleach means protector. So, I think it really suits the manga/anime compared to Vizard,'coz Vizards only showed up on this current "chapter", also Zanpakutou doesn't fit, 'coz they don't all use Zanpakutou(e.g. Chad, Ishida,etc), and Shinigamis too for the same reason that not all the main Characters are Shinigami.
Member
34378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Taipa, Macau
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
khadaddy is right!
Moderator
15672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Solar System,Eart...
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
this also contribute to a theory that i find stupid
hollow= dirty clothes
shinigami with zanpaktos=bleach that cleanses the dirt away
souls= clean clothes..
Moderator
13619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / soul society
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
if its named shinigami..i think its too broad to be a title.they need spmething to catch the audience..and what khadaddy said is right.we(jeeb and i) were talking y was it called bleach on the other forum.
Posted 4/14/08
so "Bleach" means protector?
Member
1732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
if im not wrong..one of the theories i heard about is bcos the author was very supportive of a (band?singing?) group named "bleach" n he decided to name bleach as bleach..one more is that ichigo's hair looks like it's bleached..im not sure o.O i rmb-ed these from other bleach forums..
Moderator
15672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Solar System,Eart...
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
that seems to be a selfish way to name an anime
Member
13419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Death City
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
Maybe because of some characters hair color!!!

Most people thought that they "bleached" their hair!!!

Like Ichigo and Renji and Toushirou and whomsoever!

XD just kidding...

but I like figrysia-san's theory about shinigamis as the "bleach" and hollows are the dirt...
Member
839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Court of the Pure...
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
My own theory (which is probably wrong xD) is that it is called Bleach because when asians bleach their hair it is supposed to be a sign of rebelling, and many of the characters have bleached hair, like what hikari_hime said =]
Posted 4/14/08

lil-lyra wrote:

My own theory (which is probably wrong xD) is that it is called Bleach because when asians bleach their hair it is supposed to be a sign of rebelling, and many of the characters have bleached hair, like what hikari_hime said =]


why does it have to be asians?
Member
839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Court of the Pure...
Offline
Posted 4/14/08

jeebthao07 wrote:


lil-lyra wrote:

My own theory (which is probably wrong xD) is that it is called Bleach because when asians bleach their hair it is supposed to be a sign of rebelling, and many of the characters have bleached hair, like what hikari_hime said =]


why does it have to be asians?


because most westerns have light coloured hair and from most of the programmes/anime i have watched they say it is supposed to be a mark of rebellion
Posted 4/14/08

lil-lyra wrote:


jeebthao07 wrote:


lil-lyra wrote:

My own theory (which is probably wrong xD) is that it is called Bleach because when asians bleach their hair it is supposed to be a sign of rebelling, and many of the characters have bleached hair, like what hikari_hime said =]


why does it have to be asians?


because most westerns have light coloured hair and from most of the programmes/anime i have watched they say it is supposed to be a mark of rebellion


bleaching your hair????
Member
839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Court of the Pure...
Offline
Posted 4/14/08

jeebthao07 wrote:


lil-lyra wrote:


jeebthao07 wrote:


lil-lyra wrote:

My own theory (which is probably wrong xD) is that it is called Bleach because when asians bleach their hair it is supposed to be a sign of rebelling, and many of the characters have bleached hair, like what hikari_hime said =]


why does it have to be asians?


because most westerns have light coloured hair and from most of the programmes/anime i have watched they say it is supposed to be a mark of rebellion


bleaching your hair????


yeah, it was in bleach and in hana kimi, when ichigo was getting picked on for having orange hair and nakatsu was getting penalised by the teacher for bleaching his hair because he loved football
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.