First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Most remembeable parts of videogames?
1783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/13/08
Nostalgia is a big part of any gamer. Most of the time we remember a game for how hard it was or how fun.

For me it's the music; and i'm not talking about Mario or FF, songs we hear all the time. A friend of mine's cell phone went of and Kingdom Hearts theme came on and it totally had me wanting to replay the game.

Has that ever happened to you?
142
8794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 4/13/08 , edited 4/13/08
Yup, it surely does. I where in a game store to buy fire emblem radiant dawn and a guys cellphone went of. He had the ffx intro theme and that definetly made me wanna play the game again.
1486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ur House (Malaysia)
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
uuh... i heard a song emergence day from gears of war, reminds me of *soldiernus..*

makes me wanna play shooting games more
Posted 4/14/08
Yeah, I'd say music is the most memorable part of any game. I was playing some CS couple of weeks back, someone was playing Arnhem from Medal of Honor: Frontlines on the mic. It made me feel like pulling that out of the closet and playing that same mission again.
1236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Whispering Rock P...
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
gosh, I had a several memorable moments in Shadow of the Colossus and Psychonauts.
1505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Gaia
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
Music is one thing, but it will always be either gameplay and characters or design and story for me. Stuff like Battletoads or Viewtiful Joe always keep me coming back every now and then, because they have both. Kinda makes you miss the old days of weird ass plots and characters, and less sci-fi themed stuff of today. Yes, some will say stuff like Oblivion, but it's not for me, so I don't count it.
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
I always remember the funny parts or the scenes that really catch my eye that make me want to re watch it.
Posted 4/14/08
Yeah. When I found Level 7 in the original Legend of Zelda.
2442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Grand Stream
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
Listening to the orchestral version of the Twilight Princess theme made me do a replay, finished it 10 hours faster than the first time
22648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 4/14/08

The_SteamPunk wrote:

Listening to the orchestral version of the Twilight Princess theme made me do a replay, finished it 10 hours faster than the first time


Wow thats cool 1O hours faster.Hmmmm.... u must have been clueless the first time
22648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 4/14/08
I cried at games that had beautiful endings and the sad music makes me cry more. I dont know y. It made me redo the whole game again and still cried. The game must of had an good ass story line and sad ass or happy ending to make me cry like that.This happen with Kingdom Hearts 2.The music really got me and I just let it go.I cried a lot and I know thats an game that I'll remember 4 a long the like (Zelda:Ocarina of Time)

My Santurary,my santurary now.Fears and lies melts away hey heyyyyyyyYYYy ! LoL
2442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Grand Stream
Offline
Posted 4/14/08

cnw64 wrote:


The_SteamPunk wrote:

Listening to the orchestral version of the Twilight Princess theme made me do a replay, finished it 10 hours faster than the first time


Wow thats cool 1O hours faster.Hmmmm.... u must have been clueless the first time :)


I wasn't clueless the first time I just subconsciously memorized what to do during the first run through (40 hours) and beat it in 30.
1783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/14/08

cnw64 wrote:

I cried at games that had beautiful endings and the sad music makes me cry more. I dont know y. It made me redo the whole game again and still cried. The game must of had an good ass story line and sad ass or happy ending to make me cry like that.This happen with Kingdom Hearts 2.The music really got me and I just let it go.I cried a lot and I know thats an game that I'll remember 4 a long the like (Zelda:Ocarina of Time)

My Santurary,my santurary now.Fears and lies melts away hey heyyyyyyyYYYy ! LoL :)


Yeah, that song gives me goose-bumps every single time i hear it. It's just a good song; and that's coming from a guy that normally hates that genre of music.
1783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/14/08 , edited 4/14/08

The_SteamPunk wrote:

Listening to the orchestral version of the Twilight Princess theme made me do a replay, finished it 10 hours faster than the first time


Here's something for you. For college students they aren't bad.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vs3yHJO_nT0
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.