First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
I have a problem with my car... If you know anything about cars please help!!
1946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 4/17/08

240sx-mayn wrote:

maybe u have s bad alternator, if not the stater could be it, dose it make wired nosies when trying to start. or it wont turn over?? isn't the inertia switch is a safety switch?


The inertia switch is a safety switch for when you get in accidents. It kills the fuel pump.
1491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 4/17/08

240sx-mayn wrote:

maybe u have s bad alternator, if not the stater could be it, dose it make wired nosies when trying to start. or it wont turn over?? isn't the inertia switch is a safety switch?


Yeah the Inertia Switch is a safety switch in a lot of Ford cars so that in the event of the vehicle sustaining an accident, the Inertia Switch will trip and de-energize the fuel pump.
Posted 4/17/08

pookie052606 wrote:


240sx-mayn wrote:

maybe u have s bad alternator, if not the stater could be it, dose it make wired nosies when trying to start. or it wont turn over?? isn't the inertia switch is a safety switch?


Yeah the Inertia Switch is a safety switch in a lot of Ford cars so that in the event of the vehicle sustaining an accident, the Inertia Switch will trip and de-energize the fuel pump.


yea thats what i though...so the problem might be that but i dont c how, well theres not enough info about the car or its stats, its kinda hard by going on a small amount of info given. u know
1491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 4/17/08

240sx-mayn wrote:


pookie052606 wrote:


240sx-mayn wrote:

maybe u have s bad alternator, if not the stater could be it, dose it make wired nosies when trying to start. or it wont turn over?? isn't the inertia switch is a safety switch?


Yeah the Inertia Switch is a safety switch in a lot of Ford cars so that in the event of the vehicle sustaining an accident, the Inertia Switch will trip and de-energize the fuel pump.


yea thats what i though...so the problem might be that but i dont c how, well theres not enough info about the car or its stats, its kinda hard by going on a small amount of info given. u know


Yeah it could mean a world of difference where or not the car will crank but won't start, or won't even crank altogether.
I'm waiting on more info too. Aha.
Posted 4/17/08

pookie052606 wrote:


240sx-mayn wrote:


pookie052606 wrote:


240sx-mayn wrote:

maybe u have s bad alternator, if not the stater could be it, dose it make wired nosies when trying to start. or it wont turn over?? isn't the inertia switch is a safety switch?


Yeah the Inertia Switch is a safety switch in a lot of Ford cars so that in the event of the vehicle sustaining an accident, the Inertia Switch will trip and de-energize the fuel pump.


yea thats what i though...so the problem might be that but i dont c how, well theres not enough info about the car or its stats, its kinda hard by going on a small amount of info given. u know


Yeah it could mean a world of difference where or not the car will crank but won't start, or won't even crank altogether.
I'm waiting on more info too. Aha.


haha, so when safely assume that the problem is electrical issue, which might be a faulty ECU, or the wiring...umm fuel pump might be it too what else....the ignition roles into play too..wow theres a lot of things that can be wrong lol
3929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / My body lives in...
Offline
Posted 4/17/08

chinky_sonny wrote:

-consider cleaning the fuel tank and the fuel line and the filter (change fuel filter) and fuel pump also check for fuel pump if it is in good condition
-check the high tension wires for leaks and consider changing and check the distributor for correct firing order and change spark plugs into new ones and consider the adjustment timing ( advance or delay) also check the coil and other related electric things
-recheck the correct placement of timing chain
-check for chargers functionality (intake) and counter check nuts and bolts
-adjust air and fuel mixture
-check the clutch lining and pressure plate and consider changing and check clutch fluid and master and hydro and consider changing to new one
-change the shift kit.. an old car may have problems on correct alignment of shift stick to gears

maybe that will do it



while we may rule out the fuel problem we may consider changing the fuel pump into an electric type or new one

-carburetor -consider adjusting the carburetor so the engine starts easily, idles reasonably well and delivers good throttle response.
-sensitive adjustments are the choke, idle mixture, idle speed, accelerator pump and jetting. replacing a mechanical choke with an electric choke is usually a good idea for older cars. the choke setting affects the starting ability of the engine as well as idle while the engine warms up.
- idle speed and mixture adjustments affect idle quality. if the idle speed is set too high, the engine will strain against the transmission when an automatic is put into gear. if the idle speed is set too low, the engine may stall or hesitate.
-accelerator pump squirts fuel into the venturis when the throttle opens. when adjusted correctly, it will prevent the engine from hesitating and allow a smooth transition from idle to part throttle or full throttle. the power valve provides additional fuel when the engine is under load.
-rejetting the carburetor changes the air/fuel mixture above idle. the trick here is to keep the mixture slightly rich, but not too rich because an overly rich mixture fouls spark plugs and hurts fuel economy. a lean mixture is most dangerous because it can cause preignition, detonation, burned pistons and blown head gaskets.
-the most accurate way to adjust a carburetor is on a dyno with an exhaust analyzer and/or exhaust temperature probes. the old fashioned way is by test-driving the car, reading the spark plugs and color of the exhaust, and then tweaking the adjustments until everything feels and looks right.
11728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/17/08

pookie052606 wrote:


TheTravelingSword wrote:

Alright, I have ae a problem, it's pretty easy to solve, so here it goes.

think it was 06 or 07... don't remember Buick LaCrosse. After doing a fluids check, changing the oil and coolant, and then checking the tires for maintenance. After all it's little check ups were completed, we were about to kick it out and get another car in. For some reason, the car wouldn't start. So we scrambled around, checking everything we could possibly could. Nothing was wrong. Car still didn't start.

we found the problem... which I ain't gonna tell... and fixed it... a very very stupid, pain in the ass problem.


Is it a crank but no start condition?
Or is it a no crank at all?


It cranks, but it doesn't turn on. Everything is fine.
1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/18/08 , edited 4/18/08

TheTravelingSword wrote:


pookie052606 wrote:


TheTravelingSword wrote:

Alright, I have ae a problem, it's pretty easy to solve, so here it goes.

think it was 06 or 07... don't remember Buick LaCrosse. After doing a fluids check, changing the oil and coolant, and then checking the tires for maintenance. After all it's little check ups were completed, we were about to kick it out and get another car in. For some reason, the car wouldn't start. So we scrambled around, checking everything we could possibly could. Nothing was wrong. Car still didn't start.

we found the problem... which I ain't gonna tell... and fixed it... a very very stupid, pain in the ass problem.


Is it a crank but no start condition?
Or is it a no crank at all?


It cranks, but it doesn't turn on. Everything is fine.


Wow!, you dont really give much insite at all. What did you check so far on the car? Here are a few questions..

Did the following check out ok:

Fuel pressure
Spark(does coil pass?/ Check all connectors)
MPI fuse/relay

Those are the basics. Give us the info on that and we can start to go deeper into solving the problem. Your problem was too broad and gave no information at all. All you said was we checked everything and it was a just a stupid little issue.. Well what did you check?..You get my drift?
1491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 4/18/08

chinky_sonny wrote:


chinky_sonny wrote:

-consider cleaning the fuel tank and the fuel line and the filter (change fuel filter) and fuel pump also check for fuel pump if it is in good condition
-check the high tension wires for leaks and consider changing and check the distributor for correct firing order and change spark plugs into new ones and consider the adjustment timing ( advance or delay) also check the coil and other related electric things
-recheck the correct placement of timing chain
-check for chargers functionality (intake) and counter check nuts and bolts
-adjust air and fuel mixture
-check the clutch lining and pressure plate and consider changing and check clutch fluid and master and hydro and consider changing to new one
-change the shift kit.. an old car may have problems on correct alignment of shift stick to gears

maybe that will do it



while we may rule out the fuel problem we may consider changing the fuel pump into an electric type or new one

-carburetor -consider adjusting the carburetor so the engine starts easily, idles reasonably well and delivers good throttle response.
-sensitive adjustments are the choke, idle mixture, idle speed, accelerator pump and jetting. replacing a mechanical choke with an electric choke is usually a good idea for older cars. the choke setting affects the starting ability of the engine as well as idle while the engine warms up.
- idle speed and mixture adjustments affect idle quality. if the idle speed is set too high, the engine will strain against the transmission when an automatic is put into gear. if the idle speed is set too low, the engine may stall or hesitate.
-accelerator pump squirts fuel into the venturis when the throttle opens. when adjusted correctly, it will prevent the engine from hesitating and allow a smooth transition from idle to part throttle or full throttle. the power valve provides additional fuel when the engine is under load.
-rejetting the carburetor changes the air/fuel mixture above idle. the trick here is to keep the mixture slightly rich, but not too rich because an overly rich mixture fouls spark plugs and hurts fuel economy. a lean mixture is most dangerous because it can cause preignition, detonation, burned pistons and blown head gaskets.
-the most accurate way to adjust a carburetor is on a dyno with an exhaust analyzer and/or exhaust temperature probes. the old fashioned way is by test-driving the car, reading the spark plugs and color of the exhaust, and then tweaking the adjustments until everything feels and looks right.


Where did you get carburetors from???
He even said he was running some odd CC INJECTORS.
Idle speed isn't adjustable anymore really on today's modern vehicle...or it is...but you're not supposed to.
And we already figured it out, read the first post.
Its a BOOST LEAK.
1491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 4/18/08 , edited 4/18/08

lasthope05 wrote:


TheTravelingSword wrote:


pookie052606 wrote:


TheTravelingSword wrote:

Alright, I have ae a problem, it's pretty easy to solve, so here it goes.

think it was 06 or 07... don't remember Buick LaCrosse. After doing a fluids check, changing the oil and coolant, and then checking the tires for maintenance. After all it's little check ups were completed, we were about to kick it out and get another car in. For some reason, the car wouldn't start. So we scrambled around, checking everything we could possibly could. Nothing was wrong. Car still didn't start.

we found the problem... which I ain't gonna tell... and fixed it... a very very stupid, pain in the ass problem.


Is it a crank but no start condition?
Or is it a no crank at all?


It cranks, but it doesn't turn on. Everything is fine.


Wow!, you dont really give much insite at all. What did you check so far on the car? Here are a few questions..

Did the following check out ok:

Fuel pressure
Spark(does coil pass?/ Check all connectors)
MPI fuse/relay

Those are the basics. Give us the info on that and we can start to go deeper into solving the problem. Your problem was too broad and gave no information at all. All you said was we checked everything and it was a just a stupid little issue.. Well what did you check?..You get my drift?


Yeah if you say everything is fine, then there shouldn't be any reason why the car isn't starting.
Something must be wrong.
And I'm looking towards the common...
Ignition: got spark?
Fuel: Fuel pump kicking on? Fuel Injectors pulsing? Is there even fuel in the tank (before you disregard this, theres been many times where I've actually seen this happen)?
Now if all of those are alright...
Getting good compression?
Getting a crank signal?
11728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/18/08 , edited 4/18/08

lasthope05 wrote:


TheTravelingSword wrote:


pookie052606 wrote:


TheTravelingSword wrote:

Alright, I have ae a problem, it's pretty easy to solve, so here it goes.

think it was 06 or 07... don't remember Buick LaCrosse. After doing a fluids check, changing the oil and coolant, and then checking the tires for maintenance. After all it's little check ups were completed, we were about to kick it out and get another car in. For some reason, the car wouldn't start. So we scrambled around, checking everything we could possibly could. Nothing was wrong. Car still didn't start.

we found the problem... which I ain't gonna tell... and fixed it... a very very stupid, pain in the ass problem.


Is it a crank but no start condition?
Or is it a no crank at all?


It cranks, but it doesn't turn on. Everything is fine.


Wow!, you dont really give much insite at all. What did you check so far on the car? Here are a few questions..

Did the following check out ok:

Fuel pressure
Spark(does coil pass?/ Check all connectors)
MPI fuse/relay

Those are the basics. Give us the info on that and we can start to go deeper into solving the problem. Your problem was too broad and gave no information at all. All you said was we checked everything and it was a just a stupid little issue.. Well what did you check?..You get my drift?


Everything works fine, it just doesn't start.
no leaks, so pressure's fine
sparks are fine and dandy
no blown fuses, nothing seems to be out of order.
It really just doesn't want to start.
Here's a hint: It has to do with a program created by GM, which I think is useless and a pain in the ass.
Posted 4/18/08
dont tell me is that gay chip they use on your ECU to disable the car from starting the car? like if your late on a payment they shut it of ! i think its stupid but thats just me
1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/19/08

TheTravelingSword wrote:


lasthope05 wrote:


TheTravelingSword wrote:


pookie052606 wrote:


TheTravelingSword wrote:

Alright, I have ae a problem, it's pretty easy to solve, so here it goes.

think it was 06 or 07... don't remember Buick LaCrosse. After doing a fluids check, changing the oil and coolant, and then checking the tires for maintenance. After all it's little check ups were completed, we were about to kick it out and get another car in. For some reason, the car wouldn't start. So we scrambled around, checking everything we could possibly could. Nothing was wrong. Car still didn't start.

we found the problem... which I ain't gonna tell... and fixed it... a very very stupid, pain in the ass problem.


Is it a crank but no start condition?
Or is it a no crank at all?


It cranks, but it doesn't turn on. Everything is fine.


Wow!, you dont really give much insite at all. What did you check so far on the car? Here are a few questions..

Did the following check out ok:

Fuel pressure
Spark(does coil pass?/ Check all connectors)
MPI fuse/relay

Those are the basics. Give us the info on that and we can start to go deeper into solving the problem. Your problem was too broad and gave no information at all. All you said was we checked everything and it was a just a stupid little issue.. Well what did you check?..You get my drift?


Everything works fine, it just doesn't start.
no leaks, so pressure's fine
sparks are fine and dandy
no blown fuses, nothing seems to be out of order.
It really just doesn't want to start.
Here's a hint: It has to do with a program created by GM, which I think is useless and a pain in the ass.


Oh...are you talking about the passlock immobilizer. Where if the car thinks its being stolen it locks the immobilizer and rejects even the original factory smart keys.
3176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
buy a new one... hahaha!! sell your car...
11728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/19/08

lasthope05 wrote:

Oh...are you talking about the passlock immobilizer. Where if the car thinks its being stolen it locks the immobilizer and rejects even the original factory smart keys.


Yep, pretty much, stupid OnStar. It took us about half an hour trying to find out what was the problem until someone opened up the glove compartment. xD So we entered the combination... which is pretty stupid as well, cause it took use a couple of tries. pump the brake 6 times and turn to ignition. I didn't see how it could of took so many times, but it did. Either my friend messed up in there, or he sucks at counting
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.