First  Prev  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  Next  Last
Post Reply what is the ecchi-est anime so far?
17216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/19/13
i think this is one reason why guys enjoy anime. the girls in anime are always perverts.
but i totally understand your point. I even only partially watched it cause well, mostly for the same reasons you didn't. the fan service was all it had going for it.

and too many people calling stuff hentai on here. if there is no genitalia then it is not hentai. ecchi goes up to our version of rated R and usually doesn't even push the limits there.
15768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/20/13

AnimeKami wrote:

let me crush every comment that isn't this

kagaku na yatsura


unfortunately there is not a thumbs up/agree button on cr.

but yes, I've seen quite a few ecchi based OVA's but kagaku na yatsura was the first one where my jaw had literally dropped.
3026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
Green Green for sure!!!!
Good job man!!!!!!
Posted 4/11/13
Not as kid friendly as they use to be? have you ever seen Green Green? Daphne in the Brilliant Blue? Popotan? Eiken? Mahoromatic? Girls Bravo? Guardian Hearts? Midori Days? Golden Boy? Steel Angel Kurumi? Magic Users Club? Maburaho? Godannar? Ikki Tosen?
Well you get the idea..ecchi has always been the staple of anime


Anyway to answer your question...Kiss x Sis

15309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/11/13

Kadeauron wrote:

ikkitousen ... that could pass for hentai


20385 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 4/11/13 , edited 4/11/13

anucris wrote:
and too many people calling stuff hentai on here. if there is no genitalia then it is not hentai. ecchi goes up to our version of rated R and usually doesn't even push the limits there.
Well that depends on whether you are Japanese or western to some extent. Ecchi vs Hentai is straight up a western distinction made by English speaking anime fans that misunderstood the language and had the misunderstanding stuck here. Its fine to use this definition for a western audience, but it is flat out untrue in japanese.

Ecchi, or rather etchi, is the Japanese way of saying the English letter H, and had its origins as a shorthand of the word hentai directly. From there the words evolved differently in japanese but not in the same way they are defined to an english speaker. Etchi literally means sexual intercourse, and is inclusive of all pornographic material including not just anime but actual regular porn with real people. Hentai, on the other hand means pervert as we all know, but not in a playful or attractive way, its reserved for people that are real deviants like rapists, molesters, and even non sexual deviants. So if you go to japan and want some hardcore porn of the real or anime variety, you are going to be asking for ecchi or ero material, if you ask for hentai you're probably going to get thrown in jail as some sort of child molester of rapist, even if the guy next to you is buying hardcore lolicon anime with no consequences.

The whole Yuri/Shoujo-Ai and Yaoi/Shounen-Ai thing is another case of western anime fans misinterpreting things in humourous reverse fashion. while westerners may use the Shounen-ai/Shoujo-ai terms as a term for softcore gay romance material while using Yaio/Yuri as their hardcore counterparts, Yuri and Yaoi are in japan the terms used for both softcore and hardcore gay material with no distinction between the two. Using the terms Shounen-Ai and Shoujo-Ai on the other hand is like asking for child porn, and likely could once again land you in jail as it literally means love for little boys/girls.

I'm guessing the western usage of the phrases Shounen-Ai/Shoujo-Ai probably came from the Japanese sometimes using the English words Boys Love/Girls Love, or letters BL/GL for short, for material which in their native language they consider Yaoi/Yuri. Clueless English speaking Japanophiles(aka weeaboos to some) then most likely translated the term word for word back into Japanese and ended up sounding like pedophiles in the process to the Japanese. All the while they were missing the irony of trying so hard to sound Japanese, when the Japanese Americanophiles who started using the terms Boys Love and Girls Love when referring to Yaoi and Yuri, were doing it to sound cool by using English in the first place.

Basically its all fine and dandy to use these terms in the western manner when speaking to a western audience( I do so myself as that is what people are used to here in the west), but its not correct japanese, therefore even though you may be right about your definitions from our perspective as westerners, the people you are referring to are also correct, and technically more correct, when they include porn in their definition of ecchi. Not to mention less dangerously offensive when speaking to a native japanese speaker.
27014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 4/11/13
Ive seen alot of ecchi anime but i have to give it to kiss x sis. I honestly had my mouth wide open in shock for some of the scenes, then when i finished i quickly went and read the manga and my jaw quickly found itself back down lol
2714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/11/13
So I can't play h is pretty ecchi
17216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/18/13

AsahinaInu wrote:


anucris wrote:
and too many people calling stuff hentai on here. if there is no genitalia then it is not hentai. ecchi goes up to our version of rated R and usually doesn't even push the limits there.
Well that depends on whether you are Japanese or western to some extent. Ecchi vs Hentai is straight up a western distinction made by English speaking anime fans that misunderstood the language and had the misunderstanding stuck here. Its fine to use this definition for a western audience, but it is flat out untrue in japanese.

Ecchi, or rather etchi, is the Japanese way of saying the English letter H, and had its origins as a shorthand of the word hentai directly. From there the words evolved differently in japanese but not in the same way they are defined to an english speaker. Etchi literally means sexual intercourse, and is inclusive of all pornographic material including not just anime but actual regular porn with real people. Hentai, on the other hand means pervert as we all know, but not in a playful or attractive way, its reserved for people that are real deviants like rapists, molesters, and even non sexual deviants. So if you go to japan and want some hardcore porn of the real or anime variety, you are going to be asking for ecchi or ero material, if you ask for hentai you're probably going to get thrown in jail as some sort of child molester of rapist, even if the guy next to you is buying hardcore lolicon anime with no consequences.

The whole Yuri/Shoujo-Ai and Yaoi/Shounen-Ai thing is another case of western anime fans misinterpreting things in humourous reverse fashion. while westerners may use the Shounen-ai/Shoujo-ai terms as a term for softcore gay romance material while using Yaio/Yuri as their hardcore counterparts, Yuri and Yaoi are in japan the terms used for both softcore and hardcore gay material with no distinction between the two. Using the terms Shounen-Ai and Shoujo-Ai on the other hand is like asking for child porn, and likely could once again land you in jail as it literally means love for little boys/girls.

I'm guessing the western usage of the phrases Shounen-Ai/Shoujo-Ai probably came from the Japanese sometimes using the English words Boys Love/Girls Love, or letters BL/GL for short, for material which in their native language they consider Yaoi/Yuri. Clueless English speaking Japanophiles(aka weeaboos to some) then most likely translated the term word for word back into Japanese and ended up sounding like pedophiles in the process to the Japanese. All the while they were missing the irony of trying so hard to sound Japanese, when the Japanese Americanophiles who started using the terms Boys Love and Girls Love when referring to Yaoi and Yuri, were doing it to sound cool by using English in the first place.

Basically its all fine and dandy to use these terms in the western manner when speaking to a western audience( I do so myself as that is what people are used to here in the west), but its not correct japanese, therefore even though you may be right about your definitions from our perspective as westerners, the people you are referring to are also correct, and technically more correct, when they include porn in their definition of ecchi. Not to mention less dangerously offensive when speaking to a native japanese speaker.


I'm glad you told me that I would have been clueless otherwise. but yeah I guess we mostly run into "westerners" on here. so yeah most of the way I see stuff may be wrong, but its the way I've been dealt the information.

but glad my definition is mostly true to the majority of my audience.
16535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Chicago Area
Offline
Posted 4/18/13

branondorf wrote:

Definitely Strike Witches. They don't even wear pants.


I laughed a lot after reading this and agree! XD
20385 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/13

anucris wrote:

I'm glad you told me that I would have been clueless otherwise. but yeah I guess we mostly run into "westerners" on here. so yeah most of the way I see stuff may be wrong, but its the way I've been dealt the information.

but glad my definition is mostly true to the majority of my audience.
Glad I could help. Your audience means a lot when discussing the terminology of anime, which is all I was trying to point out. It can lead to situations where both people are technically right about something from a certain perspective, so it pays to be informed in my opinion.

21338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Chicago, USA
Offline
Posted 4/19/13
So i can't play H? (find it off cr to avoid censors)
Seikon no Quasar (not for the faint of heart (a.k.a. women))
2262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / australia
Offline
Posted 4/19/13
2 ecchiest anime i have ever seen would have to be either girls bravo or high school of the dead.
34 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/13
maybe high school DxD
14553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/19/13
KissXSis
Kanokon
Goldenboy
to love ru
highschool DxD
First  Prev  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.