First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
What do you look for in anime reviews?
3741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / California (Unite...
Offline
Posted 4/16/08 , edited 4/16/08
Hey guys...

I'm thinking of starting up my own website related to reviewing/summarizing (and hosting some downloads and limited online viewing/listening) of different Asian media like anime, manga, dramas, and music.

I'm really new at this and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions or feedback... or if anybody is interested in lending their own talents and time?

So far, I'm starting it at blogger... the link to it is http://ani-view.tk or http://ani-view.blogspot.com

Your help is appreciated! Thank you! ^^

~ WinterRose (aka: eternalraven)

PS: As the site starts growing, I will also start a CR group for it here. ^^

edit:

note to mod: is it possible to change this title to "What do you look for in anime reviews?" Thanks, if it is. ^^ If not... okay ;__; hehe~~

~WinterRose
10476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / I go where Ryu go...
Offline
Posted 4/16/08 , edited 4/16/08
i know you're not doing this on purpose but no personal threads...the mods'll probably lock it but after there is a little conversation. Hopefully you get a decent amount of what your looking for before then.

Have you thought of just becoming a mod on this site and adding a few extra features? Its already developed and If you have new ideas that are good- I'm sure that they'd consider them here. Since there are so many fans here- it would make what you're trying to do (for the reviewing and sumarizing) simpler...
Posted 4/16/08
Good luck.
3672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / the chair in fron...
Offline
Posted 4/16/08
make sure we can see licencsed vids
26425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Virginia
Offline
Posted 4/16/08
make sure that i am the ruler of the world.that is key.
Ghost
AHTL 
91493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Norway
Online
Posted 4/16/08 , edited 4/16/08
Posted 4/16/08

nehemiah wrote:

make sure we can see licencsed vids


Yeah and while your at it make sure you get sued by the companys that hold the license.
3741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / California (Unite...
Offline
Posted 4/16/08 , edited 4/16/08

Macedonian wrote:

i know you're not doing this on purpose but no personal threads...the mods'll probably lock it but after there is a little conversation. Hopefully you get a decent amount of what your looking for before then.

Have you thought of just becoming a mod on this site and adding a few extra features? Its already developed and If you have new ideas that are good- I'm sure that they'd consider them here. Since there are so many fans here- it would make what you're trying to do (for the reviewing and sumarizing) simpler...


This is in the general discussion section of the forum... and this website is related to anime. so, with so many anime fans around, i wanted to ask for people's opinions. i'm not advertising anything and this discussion isn't doing anything against the forum rules (seen here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-13504/CR-Forum-Rules-Updated-12-13-2007.html)

yes, i have considered becoming a mod on this site (about a year ago) and queried a mod about it, but this and that are unrelated.

for the most part, i'm just asking for a general discussion of advice and suggestions for reviewing anime and how to create a website revolved around it. well, around reviewing asian media in general.

thank you for your input, though. ^^


AHTL wrote:

You could check out this fabulous post:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-126464/Making-a-website.html


thank you very much! i tried searching for a topic but... i guess i suck at searching ^^;; i'm going to go read it now...


blablabla9876 wrote:


nehemiah wrote:

make sure we can see licencsed vids


Yeah and while your at it make sure you get sued by the companys that hold the license.


Yeah, really. I don't want to get in trouble! I won't mind reviewing licensed anime, though. ^^

Haha, thanks blablabla... for your funny comment.
Posted 4/16/08 , edited 4/16/08
the person you SHOULD be asking is Shinji since he's already had to go through it... and still going through it.

and im not sure 1/2 the people understand what LICENSING is blabla...... they have no idea how large that issue is.
Ghost
AHTL 
91493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Norway
Online
Posted 4/16/08
If she asks Shinji it'll probably be like this:

"Yeah sure, just get yourself a queue ticket"


*You are number 54329 in queue, please hold your line. We appreciate your patience. [Plays some annoying music*

Naah ^^
10476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / I go where Ryu go...
Offline
Posted 4/16/08

eternalraven wrote:


No personal threads, you see threads like this get locked all the time. It won't happen quickly mind you- but It will happen. I'm quite aware of the rules and it was just a warning.

I do hope that you get what your searching for however.
3741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / California (Unite...
Offline
Posted 4/16/08

AHTL wrote:

If she asks Shinji it'll probably be like this:

"Yeah sure, just get yourself a queue ticket"


*You are number 54329 in queue, please hold your line. We appreciate your patience. [Plays some annoying music*

Naah ^^


Gosh, I know! I mean, this isn't so hugely important that I would bug him about it. ;__; He's got so many messages in his inbox. Putting it up on the forum makes it more of a free-for-all thing (I don't think I used that expression correctly...) although I did email Shinji the other day about this weird message going around that's signed as from him. He said it's not him, though.

Anyway, as for the website... so far I know that I'm going to have reviews on there. All I need is to figure out where I'm going to host it (I'm going to remove it from blogger) and how to design it. I know some html, but would it be easier to get a pre-made template?

Also, what do people look for in anime reviews? What do they want to know about, exactly? And... how far is too far when it comes to spoilers?
Ronin
96039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/17/08

eternalraven wrote:


AHTL wrote:

If she asks Shinji it'll probably be like this:

"Yeah sure, just get yourself a queue ticket"


*You are number 54329 in queue, please hold your line. We appreciate your patience. [Plays some annoying music*

Naah ^^


Gosh, I know! I mean, this isn't so hugely important that I would bug him about it. ;__; He's got so many messages in his inbox. Putting it up on the forum makes it more of a free-for-all thing (I don't think I used that expression correctly...) although I did email Shinji the other day about this weird message going around that's signed as from him. He said it's not him, though.

Anyway, as for the website... so far I know that I'm going to have reviews on there. All I need is to figure out where I'm going to host it (I'm going to remove it from blogger) and how to design it. I know some html, but would it be easier to get a pre-made template?

Also, what do people look for in anime reviews? What do they want to know about, exactly? And... how far is too far when it comes to spoilers?


Your thread is tredding on several bad grounds as far as site policy goes.

A: There is the slight issue of duplicate. There is a "reccomend an anime" thread, and a "building a website" thread. However, I think this can slip through the cracks.

B: The title and first post need to be reworked. You need to clarify your position, and temper the next point I'm about to make.

C: Here's the biggest problem. I don't care how much you deny it, but the fact that this thread was created to advertise your own website is about as blunt as a steel toed kick to the face.

Heres what we'll do. I'll give you 48 hours to remake the first post, and I'll edit the title. What I suggest you do to get around point C, is to keep the link in your profile and just let it drop that you have your own website (with a link in your profile). Try to describe what you mean this topic to be for.

Thanks,
By:Jorlwind
(If you have questions about this decision, please PM them to Jorlwind. Jorlwind is using BK's account to aid in forum modding. I (Jorlwind) respond to all PMs and am willing to discuss any problems as long as it is done civilly)

3741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / California (Unite...
Offline
Posted 4/18/08

BasouKazuma wrote:

Your thread is tredding on several bad grounds as far as site policy goes.

A: There is the slight issue of duplicate. There is a "reccomend an anime" thread, and a "building a website" thread. However, I think this can slip through the cracks.

B: The title and first post need to be reworked. You need to clarify your position, and temper the next point I'm about to make.

C: Here's the biggest problem. I don't care how much you deny it, but the fact that this thread was created to advertise your own website is about as blunt as a steel toed kick to the face.

Heres what we'll do. I'll give you 48 hours to remake the first post, and I'll edit the title. What I suggest you do to get around point C, is to keep the link in your profile and just let it drop that you have your own website (with a link in your profile). Try to describe what you mean this topic to be for.

Thanks,
By:Jorlwind
(If you have questions about this decision, please PM them to Jorlwind. Jorlwind is using BK's account to aid in forum modding. I (Jorlwind) respond to all PMs and am willing to discuss any problems as long as it is done civilly)



re: A & B: Actually, you can delete this thread if you want. ^^;; Since (forgot the user's name) pointed me to the other thread, I was able to get a few suggestions there, and I also posted a thread at MyAnimeList.net where I got even more suggestions, so... I'm good now!

re: C: I really did just want help. I don't really care about advertising my site (I'm only making it so I have someplace to express my feelings about the things I watch without boring my family and friends all of the time). I just needed help to re-work the aesthetics and I was wondering about what content would be good to put on it. I guess I shouldn't have posted the link, because it gave people the wrong impression, but I figured... if they saw the mess I made, they'd know how to help. >__>;;

Anyway... all the kinks in my site are all fixed now, so... *waves goodbye to thread*

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement guys!

~ WinterRose (aka: eternalraven)
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.