First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Lil' Wanye A.K.A. Weezy F. Baby / Birdman Jr.
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 10/24/07 , edited 10/24/07
1. do you like/dislike lil wayne

2. whats your favorite/most annoying song or lyric

3. anything else about mr carter worth discussing

You dont have to follow above format, its just suggested conversation starters

I suppose theres no harm in adding other rappers in the mix
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 10/24/07

crasyjak wrote:

1. do you like/dislike lil wayne

2. whats your favorite/most annoying song or lyric

3. anything else about mr carter worth discussing


1. None. Hate.

2 .All of them

3. Not at all.
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
(sorry for double post)

most people who dont like lil wayne 1. dont listen to the mixtapes OR 2. dont get his genius
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
Most People who like Lil Wayne

1. Don't get his non-genius

2. Have an overall taste in bad music

24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 10/24/07

HokiePokie wrote:

Most People who like Lil Wayne

1. Don't get his non-genius

2. Have an overall taste in bad music



do u even listen to weezy????? if so name a song u hate ... pleaz
3599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
1. Didn't care for him when he first came out during the Hot Boys era.........he was decent when he did Tha Carter, but he became completely garbage ever since then

2. Never had a favorite song for this kid.........Tha Carter was just decent, not good or great

3. Let's see, he was exposed for having the entire Tha Carter 1 being ghostwritten for him by Gillie Tha Kid, who ain't any better........but shows Wayne's unfortunate credibility. And ever since then, his lyrics haven't gotten any better than Tha Carter or pre-Tha Carter days............they've gotten even worse.
Hell, I'll let this AllHipHop.com column explain it for you.........and it's hilarious and so damn true


How to: write a lil wayne rap verse

1. Pick a Verb. Preferably a verb about running away from the law or
from an assailant. I.E. Duck, Run, Dodge or maybe Stop, Drop or Roll.
Lil' Wayne LOVES stopping, dropping and rolling. Not that there's
anything wrong with that.

2. Connnect the verb to some sort of simile. This is crucial. Every
single Lil' Wayne line must contain some sort of relatively obvious
simile. So maybe you can "duck like Scrooge." "Run like a bloody nose."
Or even "Dodge like Kansas." You can do metaphors but try to steer away
from doing this too often, lest people think that you are a different
ghost-writer. That is bad. Also for bonus points talk about how "sweet"
you are. Lil' Wayne loves talking about being sweet like a Tahitian
Treat or some other delicacy high in sucrose.

3. Mention "Slanging Keys." This is crucial to establish street cred.
Don't pay attention to the fact that Lil' Wayne's been famous since 12
and the only thing he knows about slangin' is that he speaks with it.
After all, if you don't talk drugs how else can you impress the
translucent Dairy Queen-white music critics. This way they can also
compare you to the Wire. (Just remember to connect all that "slanging
keys" talk with a simile).

4. Declare that you are Weezy F. Baby. This will tell listeners who you
are. Sure, they probably already know, but adding The "F" in the middle
of the name uncertainly adds to Wayne's level of class. It makes him
seem like F. Scott Fitzgerald. Exactly like F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Whatever you do, don't attempt to ascertain what the "F" stands for.
That my friends is a slippery slope. And whatever you do, don't think
about what the "F" stands for while looking at a picture of Wayne and
Baby making out.

5. Talk about hustling. Music critics love hustling. Presumably, they
are devotees to the energetic style of basketball popularized by players
like Ben Wallace, Kurt Rambis and Mark Madsen. This will make them feel
at home. If there's anything music writers know about, it's hustling.

6. Talk about Baby. Call him your Daddy. Forget the fact that he's not
actually your Daddy. Forget the fact that the majority of people that
call other men "daddy" are prostitutes. It's unimportant. Mention
something that Baby told you. Maybe that he told you "these b*tches is
b*tches." Or that he told you to "Turn around and stick out." (Maybe, he
was just quoting Sir-Mix-A-Lot.) Ignore the fact that you call a man
named "Baby," "Daddy." Let's just chalk that up to being a New Orleans
thing.

7. Make some sort of obvious pop culture technology reference. Talk
about IPods. Or Myspace. Or gigabytes. Something remotely technological.
It will show that Wayne is not completely retarded (just partially) and
might have actually read a newspaper once or twice. Which clearly means
he is a genius.

8. Talk about how poorly you treat women. Perhaps you can claim how
you'll "never love a b*tch." Or how you'll "never give a ho a damn
thing." The more misogynistic the better. This will definitely do much
to steer people away from those nasty "gay" rumors.

9. Apropos to nothing, make some sort of remark about Hurricane
Katrina. No need to bother making it have anything to do with the rest
of the verse. After all, never underestimate white liberal guilt. Any
sort of name-dropping will make white liberals feel bad and they will
forget the fact that Wayne is a multi-millionaire and anoint him the
voice of the people. Also, be sure to make wild ridiculous conspiracy
theories like claiming that you heard George Bush blew up the levees.
The more absurd the better. Go for it.

10. Proclaim yourself the "Greatest Rapper Alive." Forget the Fact that
Wayne would be lucky to be included in a list of the Top 20 rappers
working right now. Most music critics haven't listened to Hip Hop Made
Before 1999 anyway (other than Public Enemy). If you proclaim yourself
the greatest, you will be the greatest. Or at least people will be
foolish enough to buy this canard.
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
IN response to BIG J

1-3. i personally enjoy metaphors & punch lines

4. i agree, calling him weezy f baby is dumb, for that reason i dont listen to that track on carter 2

5. unsure of your point here

6. BOTH these dudes GAYish for the kissing & weezy obsession w/ his 'daddy', i dont understand it but thats them

7. LOL, I think weezy is more of an artisic genius (NEVER have i ment genius in IQ) besides references, metaphors, etc. , what can i say i like em

8. LOL, the bitch thing goes beyond weezy but im tired of people being so critical of the use of the word bitch. Bitches exist, as do REAL women, i dont believe the problem is in addressing a female as a bitch, it is in certain ignorant people who are unable to distinguish the two.

9. one word .... PROPAGANDA... its been around for centurys

10. I FULLY AGREE but wanye explains himself fully on Dedication 2 mixtape to the point where i dont find him at fault....(if direct quote is need i will post)


Posted 10/24/07
He's funny to me. :O
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
Lil waynes most creative cd in my opinion is Drought 3 (mixtape)
ima hit yall wit some crazy verses from it in a bit...
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/24/07

big_j_gangsta wrote:

1. Didn't care for him when he first came out during the Hot Boys era.........he was decent when he did Tha Carter, but he became completely garbage ever since then

2. Never had a favorite song for this kid.........Tha Carter was just decent, not good or great

3. Let's see, he was exposed for having the entire Tha Carter 1 being ghostwritten for him by Gillie Tha Kid, who ain't any better........but shows Wayne's unfortunate credibility. And ever since then, his lyrics haven't gotten any better than Tha Carter or pre-Tha Carter days............they've gotten even worse.
Hell, I'll let this AllHipHop.com column explain it for you.........and it's hilarious and so damn true


How to: write a lil wayne rap verse

1. Pick a Verb. Preferably a verb about running away from the law or
from an assailant. I.E. Duck, Run, Dodge or maybe Stop, Drop or Roll.
Lil' Wayne LOVES stopping, dropping and rolling. Not that there's
anything wrong with that.

2. Connnect the verb to some sort of simile. This is crucial. Every
single Lil' Wayne line must contain some sort of relatively obvious
simile. So maybe you can "duck like Scrooge." "Run like a bloody nose."
Or even "Dodge like Kansas." You can do metaphors but try to steer away
from doing this too often, lest people think that you are a different
ghost-writer. That is bad. Also for bonus points talk about how "sweet"
you are. Lil' Wayne loves talking about being sweet like a Tahitian
Treat or some other delicacy high in sucrose.

3. Mention "Slanging Keys." This is crucial to establish street cred.
Don't pay attention to the fact that Lil' Wayne's been famous since 12
and the only thing he knows about slangin' is that he speaks with it.
After all, if you don't talk drugs how else can you impress the
translucent Dairy Queen-white music critics. This way they can also
compare you to the Wire. (Just remember to connect all that "slanging
keys" talk with a simile).

4. Declare that you are Weezy F. Baby. This will tell listeners who you
are. Sure, they probably already know, but adding The "F" in the middle
of the name uncertainly adds to Wayne's level of class. It makes him
seem like F. Scott Fitzgerald. Exactly like F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Whatever you do, don't attempt to ascertain what the "F" stands for.
That my friends is a slippery slope. And whatever you do, don't think
about what the "F" stands for while looking at a picture of Wayne and
Baby making out.

5. Talk about hustling. Music critics love hustling. Presumably, they
are devotees to the energetic style of basketball popularized by players
like Ben Wallace, Kurt Rambis and Mark Madsen. This will make them feel
at home. If there's anything music writers know about, it's hustling.

6. Talk about Baby. Call him your Daddy. Forget the fact that he's not
actually your Daddy. Forget the fact that the majority of people that
call other men "daddy" are prostitutes. It's unimportant. Mention
something that Baby told you. Maybe that he told you "these b*tches is
b*tches." Or that he told you to "Turn around and stick out." (Maybe, he
was just quoting Sir-Mix-A-Lot.) Ignore the fact that you call a man
named "Baby," "Daddy." Let's just chalk that up to being a New Orleans
thing.

7. Make some sort of obvious pop culture technology reference. Talk
about IPods. Or Myspace. Or gigabytes. Something remotely technological.
It will show that Wayne is not completely retarded (just partially) and
might have actually read a newspaper once or twice. Which clearly means
he is a genius.

8. Talk about how poorly you treat women. Perhaps you can claim how
you'll "never love a b*tch." Or how you'll "never give a ho a damn
thing." The more misogynistic the better. This will definitely do much
to steer people away from those nasty "gay" rumors.

9. Apropos to nothing, make some sort of remark about Hurricane
Katrina. No need to bother making it have anything to do with the rest
of the verse. After all, never underestimate white liberal guilt. Any
sort of name-dropping will make white liberals feel bad and they will
forget the fact that Wayne is a multi-millionaire and anoint him the
voice of the people. Also, be sure to make wild ridiculous conspiracy
theories like claiming that you heard George Bush blew up the levees.
The more absurd the better. Go for it.

10. Proclaim yourself the "Greatest Rapper Alive." Forget the Fact that
Wayne would be lucky to be included in a list of the Top 20 rappers
working right now. Most music critics haven't listened to Hip Hop Made
Before 1999 anyway (other than Public Enemy). If you proclaim yourself
the greatest, you will be the greatest. Or at least people will be
foolish enough to buy this canard.


haha.. wow, and yet he's the one that on everyone's song nowadays, making money and winning BET awards, yeah...I guess if he was so bad, his career would've ended THIRTEEN years ago, and he's getting bigger by the month.. like it or not, he's one of the biggest things out right now...and that's all I have to say.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
Let's see.

"Un-F**kin'-Believable, Lil' Wayne's Tha President
F**k 'em F**k 'em F**k 'em, Even If They selibant
I Know Tha Game Is Crazi, It's Mo' Crazi Then It's Ever Been
I'm Married To Dat Crazi Bitch, Call Me Kevin Federline
It's Obvious Dat He'll Be Ca$h-Money To Tha Death Of Him
Tha Ground Shall Break When They Burry Him, Burry Him?
I Know One Day They Gotta Burry Him
But I Lock My Casket Tight Baby, So I Don't Let Tha Devil In
Nikka It's Just Me And My Guitar
Yeah Bitch I'm Heavy Medalin
You Can Get Tha F**kin' +Led Zepelin+
Nikkas Is Bitches, Bitches I Think They
Full Of Estrigen And We Hold Court
N Take your Life Fo a Settlement
Yes I'm Tha Best, And No I Ain't Positive--I'm Definite
I Know Tha Game Like I'm Reffin' It
This Is Tha Carter--Tha Carter Iii, Tha New Testiments
And I'm A God, And This Is What I Bless em' wit
Bitch
I'm Me!
I'm Me!
I'm Me!
I'm Me!
Baby, I'm Me!
So, Who You?!
You Not Me!
You Not Me!
And I Know Dat Ain't Fair
But I Don't Care, Im'a Mothaphuckin' Ca$h-Money Millionaire
I Know Dat Ain't Fair
But I Don't Care, Im'a Mothaphuckin' Ca$h-Money Millionaire



wow, amazing.


Truly a gem. I see there is still hope for Western civilization.


"So, Who You?!
You Not Me!
You Not Me!
"

Gasp! yeah that's pure genius.
3599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 10/24/07

crasyjak wrote:

IN response to BIG J

1-3. i personally enjoy metaphors & punch lines

4. i agree, calling him weezy f baby is dumb, for that reason i dont listen to that track on carter 2

5. unsure of your point here

6. BOTH these dudes GAYish for the kissing & weezy obsession w/ his 'daddy', i dont understand it but thats them

7. LOL, I think weezy is more of an artisic genius (NEVER have i ment genius in IQ) besides references, metaphors, etc. , what can i say i like em

8. LOL, the bitch thing goes beyond weezy but im tired of people being so critical of the use of the word bitch. Bitches exist, as do REAL women, i dont believe the problem is in addressing a female as a bitch, it is in certain ignorant people who are unable to distinguish the two.

9. one word .... PROPAGANDA... its been around for centurys

10. I FULLY AGREE but wanye explains himself fully on Dedication 2 mixtape to the point where i dont find him at fault....(if direct quote is need i will post)




Compared to the ringtone breed of hip hop, Lil Wayne is better than them......I'll give that muthafucka that credit. But compared to the other "gangsta-like" emcees, he ain't that damn special. U talk about how good Wayne is with punchlines and metaphors.......compare him to the rest of the gangsta emcees up on the East Coast, Weezy's shit is fucking mediocre. Wayne can spit a punchline or a metaphor, and a guy like Cassidy can spit a punchline or metaphor that complete blows Weezy's shit out of the water. And Weezy's artistic ability is prolly fucking mediocre as well, because I tolerate all the bitches, hoes, hustlin shit...........but that man's lyrical creativity is limited. Even on some of the more conscious-minded, slow-tempo joints he makes, they are lyrically not any better than his usually club-bangers.

I think he's garbage as an emcee, that don't mean I hate the muthafucka. I respect this man's hustle PERIOD. However, Lil Wayne dickriders (excluding urself, u clearly don't show that much of an obsession for him) just make it harder for me to respect this muthafucka as an artist.
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
TRUE u cant ignore this fact but you cant forget a lot of rap listeners are ignorant
362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / NY/NJ
Offline
Posted 10/24/07
so many haters
oh well weezy's out-selling your fav rapper(and his fav rapper)
and 4 all the people that say Gillie da Kid wrote the Carter/ the Carter 2 was 10 times better

oh yeah where's Gillie da Kid now
3599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Queens, New York...
Offline
Posted 10/24/07

crasyjak wrote:

TRUE u cant ignore this fact but you cant forget a lot of rap listeners are ignorant


^^perfect example of one above ur quote..........j/p Darksaint, I respect ur opinion

Yes, the Weezy F. Baby dickriders are annoying as these G-Unit dildohoppers cheering on evry whack record 50 makes. This is the reason why mainstream hip hop is dying...or dead as Nas claims

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.