First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Disturbing Senior Art Project
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/20/08

YouAreDumb wrote:

Yes I admit that. Your statement is ridiculous in claiming those reasons are "to get attention, or better, to work out control issues, and then you go to claim tht there is some empowerment issue here, which is utter nonsense. Most women get abortions for reasons far different than the ones you mention.


Amongst the reasons I recall mentioning were “social reasons.” You said:


Most women get abortions for reasons far different than the ones you mention


I could flatly contradict you and leave it at that. However, that’s childish-and, a weak argument. So, I’ll cite some reliable sources to make my contradiction appear more mature. The sources I’ve chosen are the center for bioethical reforms and the Guttmacher Institute. Behold, the power of research!

Center of Bioethical reforms:


1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child, and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient).


Guttmacher Institute:

47% of women who having abortions have had AT LEAST one previous abortion


So you see, most abortions are attained for social reasons. About half of women having abortions are repeating-so, it’s not even as if they’re just making a mistake and trying to continue a normal life. No, my opinions are based strongly on statistics and facts-simply presented in an asinine way-in this thread, in return to asinine behaviors. I wasn’t trying to offend you-I was trying to make an offensive jab at a woman trying to offend people, although-it seems now that the whole thing was a hoax…Whatever, continuing:


Yes that was generalizing, as you made a statement about a group which was unfounded in reality.


First, as I showed-my statement was not unfounded, it was supported by statistics. Second, I didn’t sum up the entire group, only the stereotypical members of it.

Something to remember is that “liberal” or “conservative;” “republican,” and “democrat” are just terms to avoid thinking.

Rather than actually go through and actually decide where you stand on what matter and why, you can just declare yourself one or the other and let your politicians do the thinking for you. That’s what I detest about organized religion-so many people just cast their minds away to the church and abandon any form of thought themselves. This has led to many horrible events. I’ll name my favorite archetypes:

The Crusades

WWII

Abortion

So when I brought said the typical American liberal-I wasn’t referring to the intellectual liberals, just the larger portion of puppets. Something you might want to bare in mind-I’m a liberal in almost everyway. (Actually, I’m a Republicrat…or a Democan…whichever you prefer.)


I think thats a valid reason in some ways. If you are religious you can think of it as making sure those babies are in heaven


Surely you’re not using religion to justify something? Surely you’re just trying to make this appeal to my religious side-and you wouldn’t actually use that as a legit reason to support abortion? Surely, surely, surely you’re not such a puppet that you’d think that murder, genocide, war, and slaughter are alright just because your religious point of view justifies it?

As far as it being a valid reason-you should bring up some logic, or I’m just going to assume that’s a “zealot’s opinion.”


What is you rational basis for this belief?


My rational basis for which belief? That a fetus isn’t human or that calling abortion anything other than murder is hypocritical? I’ll explain both, but I don’t have rational basis for the first one, only religious.

As a Christian I believe that Humans are separated from animals, plants, and objects. Not by our bodies-these clay tabernacles, but by our souls. In Christian belief, the soul separates people from animals. What is the soul? A Catholic encyclopedia defined it as “the source of all thought,” and Paul Davies-a leading physicist, used it as synonymous with cognitive abilities.

A fetus does not have a fully developed brain. Now, it can feel pain-and is capable of rudimentary thoughts-but not active volition. The child has no cognitive abilities-meaning, no soul. So, religiously I believe it’s subhuman. Mind you, the bible says that abortion is a sin-but not that a fetus is a human. (as far as I’m aware.)

So why do I believe it’s hypocritical not to refer to abortion as murder or genocide? Because in doing that I assume that I-that liberals, have the right to religiously define human life while Nazis, the KKK, and other cult-like organizations do not. I have a blog (on which I have an inescapable and perfect argument ,) about this, if you’d like to read my opinion in greater detail.


That made me laugh. I always picture Oprah in a book store with a magic wand picking which book America will read next.


Most of the books she chooses are abhorrent. She picks them because they agree with her political opinions, not because they’re well written. Although, I did utterly and absolutely enjoy “White Oleander.”


You are right her actions are offensive, so I guess your post was on one level justified totally. I can’t believe this chick got into Yale. I mean WTF.


Na, my actions aren’t justified. This girl, if she exists, probably wont read what I wrote. Other people, who will be offended-however, will read it. So, basically I just offended a bunch of people for no reason.

That’s not too cool of me, I was wrong-and I admit it.


P.S-I love V!
308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / British Columbia
Offline
Posted 4/20/08

pinoyrave wrote:

ugh... guys be open minded for once... such underaged and undeveloped peasants on cr nowadays..


Kind of a turn off knowing your waiting for me to acknowledge your existence. But hey, I rather not post pictures of myself on a site where the majority of posters are teenage boys, but that's your thing~

Besides, I'm sure you befriending random faggots on the internet sure makes you popular, I rather myself avoid relying on imaginary beings to help myself feel wanted.

How about you go back to the Flipside now? Considering how you're from a descent of incestuous love (all rights to Adam and Eve here Catholic boy), I wouldn't expect any logic to get past your mental defects.


Cheers to that "mistake".
PS: How’s that Hello Kitty Cat CD player treating you love? Also, underaged peasants? I'm sure they're not active members of the Lolicon society such as yourself. Now would you pleeeeease, stop trying to push a bible on me you dickwipe?
5245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/21/08
Why would anyone care? If she wants to do this, let her.

I don't see whats wrong with it. Or I do, but I don't think it's wrong at all.

It's not like you're all forced to go to that exhibition..
4021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / singapore :)
Offline
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/21/08
its kinda mad.
but theres nth wrong with it since there is not a 100% proof that she is pregnant, aye?

but until then,its still wrong. the way she does things for her art exibition. haii
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/21/08

SeraphAlford wrote:


tatement about a group which was unfounded in reality.

First, as I showed-my statement was not unfounded, it was supported by statistics. Second, I didn’t sum up the entire group, only the stereotypical members of it.
You said typical which meant you were were talking about the average member of that group.Second the social reasons you mentioned in you other post were nonsense. I am not saying they are not done for social reasons, just not the silly ones you mentioned there.




Something to remember is that “liberal” or “conservative;” “republican,” and “democrat” are just terms to avoid thinking.

Rather than actually go through and actually decide where you stand on what matter and why, you can just declare yourself one or the other and let your politicians do the thinking for you. That’s what I detest about organized religion-so many people just cast their minds away to the church and abandon any form of thought themselves. This has led to many horrible events. I’ll name my favorite archetypes:

The Crusades

WWII

Abortion

So when I brought said the typical American liberal-I wasn’t referring to the intellectual liberals, just the larger portion of puppets. Something you might want to bare in mind-I’m a liberal in almost everyway. (Actually, I’m a Republicrat…or a Democan…whichever you prefer.)


Surely you’re not using religion to justify something? Surely you’re just trying to make this appeal to my religious side-and you wouldn’t actually use that as a legit reason to support abortion? Surely, surely, surely you’re not such a puppet that you’d think that murder, genocide, war, and slaughter are alright just because your religious point of view justifies it?

As far as it being a valid reason-you should bring up some logic, or I’m just going to assume that’s a “zealot’s opinion.”
I am an agnostic. I was appealing to your religion here, as if you agree with the thelogical view that all fetuses go to heaven this argument should be utterly valid.If you think that they all go to heaven, and I am sure most of you do then why the fuss? If they are born, a lot of them will be sent to hell as only fool would say all of them would be saved. Let me ask you this: is it better they go to heaven which is supposedly much better than Earth, or better they are born and live in a place that is not perfect, and be exposed to the chance they will go to hell? Why do they need to come to Earth at all? Who would choose Earth over paradise?`Heaven is perfect so thats where you should want them to go! Therefore there is not a logical reason to say abortion is any any sense immoral if you hold to the view that aborted fetuses go to heaven, since by aborting her pregnancy the woman is sending another soul to the perfection and glory of gods presence. If you think they do not have souls, or think they go to hell then ignore that.





My rational basis for which belief? That a fetus isn’t human or that calling abortion anything other than murder is hypocritical? I’ll explain both, but I don’t have rational basis for the first one, only religious.

As a Christian I believe that Humans are separated from animals, plants, and objects. Not by our bodies-these clay tabernacles, but by our souls. In Christian belief, the soul separates people from animals. What is the soul? A Catholic encyclopedia defined it as “the source of all thought,” and Paul Davies-a leading physicist, used it as synonymous with cognitive abilities.

A fetus does not have a fully developed brain. Now, it can feel pain-and is capable of rudimentary thoughts-but not active volition.
Only at 20 weeks or later can it feel pain, as that is when the spinal cord is developed enough for it to do so. That is also a conservative estimate, as it can often take far longer. It is not exact.


The child has no cognitive abilities-meaning, no soul. So, religiously I believe it’s subhuman. Mind you, the bible says that abortion is a sin-but not that a fetus is a human. (as far as I’m aware.)
False. Under Jewish law abortion would be fine, as fetuses were not though of as human. If you want I will bring out the verses.


So why do I believe it’s hypocritical not to refer to abortion as murder or genocide? Because in doing that I assume that I-that liberals, have the right to religiously define human life while Nazis, the KKK, and other cult-like organizations do not. I have a blog (on which I have an inescapable and perfect argument ,) about this, if you’d like to read my opinion in greater detail.
We all define what we think of as life. The only thing that makes anything life is I think that we define it as such. Since you are religious you will not agree, but that is my opinion.




That made me laugh. I always picture Oprah in a book store with a magic wand picking which book America will read next.


Most of the books she chooses are abhorrent. She picks them because they agree with her political opinions, not because they’re well written. Although, I did utterly and absolutely enjoy “White Oleander.”
Actually most of them are superb. Crime and Punishment, Good Earth, and The Sound and The Fury all pop to mind at once.




You are right her actions are offensive, so I guess your post was on one level justified totally. I can’t believe this chick got into Yale. I mean WTF.


Na, my actions aren’t justified. This girl, if she exists, probably wont read what I wrote. Other people, who will be offended-however, will read it. So, basically I just offended a bunch of people for no reason.

That’s not too cool of me, I was wrong-and I admit it.


P.S-I love V!

You had your reasons.
3564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC
Offline
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/21/08

ResidentEvil wrote:


pinoyrave wrote:

ugh... guys be open minded for once... such underaged and undeveloped peasants on cr nowadays..


Kind of a turn off knowing your waiting for me to acknowledge your existence. But hey, I rather not post pictures of myself on a site where the majority of posters are teenage boys, but that's your thing~

Besides, I'm sure you befriending random faggots on the internet sure makes you popular, I rather myself avoid relying on imaginary beings to help myself feel wanted.

How about you go back to the Flipside now? Considering how you're from a descent of incestuous love (all rights to Adam and Eve here Catholic boy), I wouldn't expect any logic to get past your mental defects.


Cheers to that "mistake".
PS: How’s that Hello Kitty Cat CD player treating you love? Also, underaged peasants? I'm sure they're not active members of the Lolicon society such as yourself. Now would you pleeeeease, stop trying to push a bible on me you dickwipe?



lol finally, and how come u didnt reply to my comment back at the other forum. ^^ luls its okay bro, british columbians tend to choke more than the other races. and when you said "kind of a turn off" that confirmed your gayness. i dunno any guy that says that to a guy, you sir are a complete homo, but thats good since you're an athiest you won't go to hell for being a fag.

Cheers to your mistake? well okay you're the first that celebrated your life of faggotry and uglyness. you're pretty unique actually, i never met a fag quite like yourself, please do elaborate on your next excuse.

Hello Kitty Cat CD? underaged peasants? Lolicon society? sounds like you had a rough night of anal at snyder. ^^
20259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The centroid of a...
Offline
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/21/08
Who cares how other people feel, seriously. Even if you've had a miscarriage or an abortion, is it my problem? Hell no, get over yourself and deal with it.
Criticizing someone trying to express themselves with a touchy subject is utterly ridiculous. You'd have to have society's moral/ethical lies engraved so deep in you to even consider that.

-To the mass media: Fuck off
-To the people who 'suffered' from 'tragedy': QQ more
-To fake sympathizers: lol @ you trying to 'help' others only to satisfy your own selfish needs of the ecstasy of being superior to someone.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/21/08
I don't think it's wrong since she wasn't killing anything, but I don't see how this is art or how it makes any sort of statement, other than the fact that she's crazy. That would be like me smearing my blood on a piece of paper to make a statement about war or murder or something.
308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / British Columbia
Offline
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/21/08

pinoyrave wrote:


ResidentEvil wrote:


pinoyrave wrote:

ugh... guys be open minded for once... such underaged and undeveloped peasants on cr nowadays..


Kind of a turn off knowing your waiting for me to acknowledge your existence. But hey, I rather not post pictures of myself on a site where the majority of posters are teenage boys, but that's your thing~

Besides, I'm sure you befriending random faggots on the internet sure makes you popular, I rather myself avoid relying on imaginary beings to help myself feel wanted.

How about you go back to the Flipside now? Considering how you're from a descent of incestuous love (all rights to Adam and Eve here Catholic boy), I wouldn't expect any logic to get past your mental defects.


Cheers to that "mistake".
PS: How’s that Hello Kitty Cat CD player treating you love? Also, underaged peasants? I'm sure they're not active members of the Lolicon society such as yourself. Now would you pleeeeease, stop trying to push a bible on me you dickwipe?




lol finally, and how come u didnt reply to my comment back at the other forum. ^^


Locked thread.

[quoteluls its okay bro, british columbians tend to choke more than the other races.


I didn't know a province constitued a race.


and when you said "kind of a turn off" that confirmed your gayness. i dunno any guy that says that to a guy, you sir are a complete homo, but thats good since you're an athiest you won't go to hell for being a fag.


I figured since you've been constantly battering on talks of "Choking" and "Dicks", I might throw you a term you're familiar hearing from guys.



Cheers to your mistake? well okay you're the first that celebrated your life of faggotry and uglyness. you're pretty unique actually, i never met a fag quite like yourself, please do elaborate on your next excuse.

Hello Kitty Cat CD? underaged peasants? Lolicon society? sounds like you had a rough night of anal at snyder. ^^


Funny, everything I said can be directly linked from your profile.

Cheers mate. However, if you insist on being a bigot, how about you just send me a private message instead of clogging more threads?
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/21/08

YouAreDumb wrote:

tatement about a group which was unfounded in reality.

First, as I showed-my statement was not unfounded, it was supported by statistics. Second, I didn’t sum up the entire group, only the stereotypical members of it.
You said typical which meant you were were talking about the average member of that group.Second the social reasons you mentioned in you other post were nonsense. I am not saying they are not done for social reasons, just not the silly ones you mentioned there.




Looking back, you're right. I said typical-now I understand all the fuss. I mean stereotypical.

To address the rest of your post, that you think it’s not immoral by Judeo/Christian standards shows that you really don’t understand either of the religions. You claim you have a verse? Okay, bring it out, I’d like to see and analyze it.

Now then, let’s set something straight. I don’t think abortion is murder and I don’t think a fetus will go to heaven, or hell, or anywhere in between. With no cognitive abilities it has no soul. No soul, no eternal resting place. However, there are still many reasons why other Christians would find abortion sinful.

The main one is that they disagree with me. They believe there is a soul present-but that the soul is limited in its ability to interact with the world by the finite capabilities of its fleshy vessel. In Judaism the human species is considered the pinnacle of creation, for it is made in Gods image. So, destroying it-during any stage of development, may not necessarily be a sin against man, but it is a sin against God.

What you bring up “risking their eternal soul,” has been brought up in theological debates many-a-times. However, religiously speaking, God gave us choice. By destroying a fetus-given it has a soul-we rob it of that choice. Then again, we’re both omitting a crucial detail.

Purgatory. Now then, not all Christians believe this-but Catholics do. The bible doesn’t say that when you die you go straight to heaven or hell-it says that Christ comes and gathers us on the last day. So, where are we in the mean-time? A place of repentance and revelry-what we call purgatory, what evangelicals have described as “a last chance.” So, by destroying a fetus we don’t necessarily insure it will go to heaven. There’s always a chance that it will-during its meditation in purgatory, deny God-shun the light, as they say.

Also, there are those who believe there is a separate abode set aside for aborted children. Where exactly this came from I cannot be sure-but I saw an evangelical preaching it on the T.V one day. According to this man, God whisked him away and carried him to a place where everything was dark and nothing was all around. God told him “this is where babies go when you abort them.”

There are many reasons. Another, most common, is ‘do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” So, unless you’d want somebody to rip your arms and legs off before decapitating you and using you mutilated corpse for research-it’s a sin.

There’s also the fact that in orthodox Judeo/Christian law stopping the development is considered sinful. One example comes from the Tanakh. A man pulls out of his wife as he climaxes while they make love. It’s called “spilling the seeds,” and it prevents pregnancy where pregnancy may have otherwise taken place. Catholics still believe that using birth control is sinful-just as much as abortion.

So, there are many reasons, and we can be here all day discussing them.


We all define what we think of as life. The only thing that makes anything life is I think that we define it as such. Since you are religious you will not agree, but that is my opinion.


Actually it’s my secular side that contradicts -your- religious statement. The word life is simply a term used to communicate a concept. What makes life,…life, is that it is life. To use words of only one syllable I will quote Peter Kreeft-as I so often do:

“If one says of what is that it is, or of what is not that it is not, he speaks the truth; but if one says of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, he does not speak the truth.”

We actually have a scientific definition of life.

Whatever the case, we all define human lives-and so long as that’s within ourselves, it’s fine. However, rather or not we are doing this, we don’t have the right to apply religious definitions of life to people and put it into action. Should you argue against this statement you’d be effectively debating for the KKK.


Actually most of them are superb. Crime and Punishment, Good Earth, and The Sound and The Fury all pop to mind at once.


Beautiful contradiction? I hated the Good Earth-it was utterly tedious. Whatever the case you can’t really debate base-opinions.
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/21/08
Ok, she goes to Yale and she must be too smart. I bet she has some mental problems. This isn't art.
3564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC
Offline
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/21/08

ResidentEvil wrote:


pinoyrave wrote:


ResidentEvil wrote:


pinoyrave wrote:

ugh... guys be open minded for once... such underaged and undeveloped peasants on cr nowadays..


Kind of a turn off knowing your waiting for me to acknowledge your existence. But hey, I rather not post pictures of myself on a site where the majority of posters are teenage boys, but that's your thing~

Besides, I'm sure you befriending random faggots on the internet sure makes you popular, I rather myself avoid relying on imaginary beings to help myself feel wanted.

How about you go back to the Flipside now? Considering how you're from a descent of incestuous love (all rights to Adam and Eve here Catholic boy), I wouldn't expect any logic to get past your mental defects.


Cheers to that "mistake".
PS: How’s that Hello Kitty Cat CD player treating you love? Also, underaged peasants? I'm sure they're not active members of the Lolicon society such as yourself. Now would you pleeeeease, stop trying to push a bible on me you dickwipe?




lol finally, and how come u didnt reply to my comment back at the other forum. ^^


Locked thread.

[quoteluls its okay bro, british columbians tend to choke more than the other races.


I didn't know a province constitued a race.


and when you said "kind of a turn off" that confirmed your gayness. i dunno any guy that says that to a guy, you sir are a complete homo, but thats good since you're an athiest you won't go to hell for being a fag.


I figured since you've been constantly battering on talks of "Choking" and "Dicks", I might throw you a term you're familiar hearing from guys.



Cheers to your mistake? well okay you're the first that celebrated your life of faggotry and uglyness. you're pretty unique actually, i never met a fag quite like yourself, please do elaborate on your next excuse.

Hello Kitty Cat CD? underaged peasants? Lolicon society? sounds like you had a rough night of anal at snyder. ^^


Funny, everything I said can be directly linked from your profile.

Cheers mate. However, if you insist on being a bigot, how about you just send me a private message instead of clogging more threads?




hello kitty cat CD? underaged peasants? lolicon society? sounds like something i'd hear from your dead grandmother after choking on my dick, how bout that lil peasant.

and wow now u want some "private messages" from me? AHAHAHAHA!! dude, okay... chill.... i don't go your faggish ways. if you wanna play faggot with me, then i decline, go play with your dad or something... after he's done getting anal your other dads.

p.s. resident evil sucks, play real games like brawl, halo 3, call of duty 4, gears, mgs, ff. o but wait.. poor faggots like you can't even afford a ps3.. let alone a wii... i guess you're stuck with your bootleg modded ps2 and your illegally downloaded key generated photoshop ^^
308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / British Columbia
Offline
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/21/08
Typical idiot, lol.

I guess simple sentences aren't your thing, but then again seeing how a bigot such as, you might be to busy beating off to underage girls:



Like I said, if you wish to further embarrass yourself, drop me a message or perhaps make your own thread for this; 'cause surely publicly admitting you like to molest yourself to children isn't good for your image.
680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / London
Offline
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/21/08
like fox news is something you can trust to be telling the truth
Posted 4/20/08 , edited 4/21/08

joeljjison wrote:
like fox news is something you can trust to be telling the truth

It's not like it was only reported on fox news.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.