First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Who Killed More , Satan or God?
3564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC
Offline
Posted 4/18/08

ResidentEvil wrote:


pinoyrave wrote:

hmmm where did u get those numbers?....

ps
(i hate it when people quote things from the bible. it just irritates me cuz it makes you look stupid as hell. and im catholic too.. i dunno why but i just hate it when u guys do that.)



How so? Is it because someone quotes something you should as a catholic keep in mind, but don't?

What really irritates me, is when people do not know half the things they should about their religion.


what really irritates me even more are radical religious catholic fucktards that think they know EVERYTHING about their religion. you sir do not. you jesus/bible dick riders look like morons when you quote things from the bible cuz it makes you look like and sound like a faggot. you need to hop off asap.

cmon now srsly.... half the shit from the bible isn't even true anyway.

1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 4/18/08 , edited 4/18/08

jestorebo wrote:

pedro: - I am not behind that conclusion. However, there are theologians that marks a differenece between stories passed on only in oral tradition, and stories that were written pretty close to the event. It is not illogical. Historians too, give less significanse to oral tradition.
- Surely, there is no end in christianity. Blissful eternity, damned for all eternity. No endings. The word was first I seem to remember. If you are first, you have created everything? Really? So the one that created the first computer, created all? The one that created the first car, created all? I don't really follow that logic. Why must it be so?
-How do you know satan turned on god? Where is the reference? I do not know this reference. And why must god be all-knowing? Where is THAT reference?

Midnight: if the origin of satan is unknown, as a bible encyplodia is well as a regular one has told me, how do you know satan was a part of god?
People are at many points given warnings. The bible is full of them. Also, guidance is given. Is god to be blamed, that people are not doing as told? How much leninience to we humans give each other? People in prison have been clearly warned through law, are society to be blamed that they did not hear.
"Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; but ye have set at nought all my councel, and would have none of my reproof.......then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer....for that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the lord....but whoso hearkenth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil" (proverbs). cut out are indications of what happens to "strayers". God rarely speaks of lenience. You are supposed to obey. He is not santa claus, granting gifts because he's nice. He clearly states so. It is not god that is supposed to manage, it is not a boss. It is humans that are supposed to manage themselves, obeying the word. Managing skills doesn't come into it. Directives are given, guidance is given, sometimes rewards. But it is up to people to obey or not. From the books of moses it is described as mercy that god does not slay people, that the pact is obeyed by god, that god still gives guidance, et cetera. Not that god is good from a humanistic point of view. And killing people is not the only punishment. How many times do god kill people according to the scriptures? Soddom and Gomorra, Noah, Egypt, are the only times I can remember right now. Not much for someone claiming : "I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment" (Isaiah). Satan influencing people to do bad things? Hm. And where is THAT from? I know about some might-be indications, but nothing that clearly states it to be so.

Omok: where is THAT from? I have no idea.


Omoks idea is from theology based around the concept of original sin. Since Satan caused man to sin he is responsible for god having to punish us. I think it is just a lame cop out my self, but thought I would clarify it for you.
57720 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / canada
Offline
Posted 4/18/08 , edited 4/18/08
God has killed many, many people (The Flood, there were earthquakes and other natural disasters after the death of Christ, etc), where Satan has killed no one...Satan has no body, and therefore, no power to kill directly. In actuality, Satan doesn't want to kill us. He wants us to suffer, he wants us to sin, he has little interest in our bodies, except as tools to lead us to hell. He uses others to kill people with greed, lust, envy, power, fear. If you add all the deaths, from each war ever fought, all the murders, all killings in self-defense, all the suicides...he may not have actively committed these himself, but he certainly engineered them. (That is just a Christian point of view...I'm not taking into account how many deaths were caused "in the name of God", by those who were misled by Satan. ie: crusades, Spanish inquisition, witch trials, heretical executions, etc...none of which could be called "Godly".)
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/08
God may have killed many people. But He has also killed His own Son as a sacrifice for our sins so we may be forgiven and enter heaven to enjoy fellowship with God. In the end we all die, what matters is what happens afterwards. Satan never directly killed anyone as kim said. He has tempted others to kill and to kill themselves, to start wars and kill innocent people. God killed because of sins, and the wages of sin is death (not only physical, but spiritual. Meaning going to hell) but the gift of God is eternal life (as in heaven, our human bodies must die because of sin, but our souls may live on)
308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / British Columbia
Offline
Posted 4/18/08

pinoyrave wrote:


ResidentEvil wrote:


pinoyrave wrote:

hmmm where did u get those numbers?....

ps
(i hate it when people quote things from the bible. it just irritates me cuz it makes you look stupid as hell. and im catholic too.. i dunno why but i just hate it when u guys do that.)



How so? Is it because someone quotes something you should as a catholic keep in mind, but don't?

What really irritates me, is when people do not know half the things they should about their religion.


what really irritates me even more are radical religious catholic fucktards that think they know EVERYTHING about their religion. you sir do not. you jesus/bible dick riders look like morons when you quote things from the bible cuz it makes you look like and sound like a faggot. you need to hop off asap.

cmon now srsly.... half the shit from the bible isn't even true anyway.



Ahahaha, aw, poor kid from the flipside is getting angryyyy; cute ahahaha.

Keep in mind, I'm not religious at all, in fact I'm atheist. Oops, there goes the backbone for your entire spasm lol.

PS: Funny how you can be religious, but ignore half the things you should brand "shit". Numbnut proves himself to be oh-so-intelligent once again.
786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/08
both
743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / piggieland - the...
Offline
Posted 4/18/08

God and Satan work together. There is no war between good and evil. God just wants us to believe in him and not create a mess. Satan beckons God to discipline his followers. God gives Satan permission from time to time based on people's reactions. In the case of the story of Job; Satan asks God to prove to him that Job is as loyal as he is.
In the story of Moses God never told Moses what to do with the staff, Moses just kinda thinks of it and does it on its own, on the first born he never said he'd kill them but he said that whatever the pharoah does next to the hebrew people will be turned on him.
In the revelation, Many weird monsters are mentioned, possibly God let's Satan loose on earth with his minions?

You can argue this point.
104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/18/08
this is MADNESS!!!
3607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 4/18/08
mmhmm.. dont rlly dink satan is THAT evil...
Posted 4/18/08

kerriganskye wrote:

this is MADNESS!!!


Maddness?

No.............

THIS

IS

(SPARTAAAAAA)

BLASPHEMY!!!


[In the eyes of religious individuals]
101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/08

kimmm6 wrote:

God has killed many, many people (The Flood, there were earthquakes and other natural disasters after the death of Christ, etc), where Satan has killed no one...Satan has no body, and therefore, no power to kill directly. In actuality, Satan doesn't want to kill us. He wants us to suffer, he wants us to sin, he has little interest in our bodies, except as tools to lead us to hell. He uses others to kill people with greed, lust, envy, power, fear. If you add all the deaths, from each war ever fought, all the murders, all killings in self-defense, all the suicides...he may not have actively committed these himself, but he certainly engineered them. (That is just a Christian point of view...I'm not taking into account how many deaths were caused "in the name of God", by those who were misled by Satan. ie: crusades, Spanish inquisition, witch trials, heretical executions, etc...none of which could be called "Godly".)


That's really easy. Just blame satan for all the bad things in the world and all the good things come from god...
1328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Closing in
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
kim: I have no idea where you are taking this from. For instance: if Satan (sheyamazz) really did that a trip from heaven to copulate with humans (Enoch) then he must have a body. Not because you need a body to do it (virgin mary-theory says you don't need anything naughty physical contact) but because you need a body to want to do it (especially if you truly leave the one you respect and fear). The prince of this world is described as "the killer of killers" or something in a gospel (jesus talking to peter if i remember correctly). Since theologians believe the prince of this world to be satan, there you go. Satan wants us not to follow the word, but why would satan be interested in people going to hell? It's not like he runs it or anything. Scriptures clearly says he is being improsined and suffering in hell, so obviously he does not run it, unless you figure he is torturing himself. Also, if he did he could really do great. He could make it a second heaven, that way people would want to stray from the word, and he could gather support much easier. That's the way I'd do it since: Satan, in the bible, wants to pervert the word, to make it disappear. That a entity that has lived for billions of year and is truly powerful has any interest in humans suffering just for the sake of it, is ridicolous. Why would he care? This is giving humans too much value. Even if satan once could be bothered, it must bore him by now. What is the basis for saying that he wants suffering anyway?

digs: I agree. When I burn in hell for all eternity (I have used excerpts from the revelation which states that anyone that does that will burn) my earthly existence will not matter to me. Then I disagree. satan as a tempter does not have as much basis as him as an accuser (mark the name). And this grant by god, eternal life, is not much as a gift when I burn in hell. Eternal life is only a gift if you go to heaven. If you go the other way (in my case southeast) it is not a gift at all. Which is why I find it ridicolous that eternal life is described as something fantastic. ONLY if you go to heaven. Otherwise it is a curse by god.

mcluva: what is good and evil is OUR conception, which is not much relevant religiously speaking. It is a tool stolen from zoroasterism, to make the whole satan/god- concept more appealing to people. Seeing how hard a time some people have digesting an entity wanting to be a successfull accuser, I see the point. People obviously need simplification to digest.
197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
fwak this things...

god rand satan both is created by humans...

one we made him good and the other we made him evil...

197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
fwak this things...

god rand satan both is created by humans...

one we made him good and the other we made him evil...

57720 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / canada
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
Do either of you actually KNOW anything about Christ or Satan? It is easy to quote the Bible, but it is much harder to understand what you are talking about. If you want to understand, it takes years of study and prayer. You don't just attend one "world religion" class and have all the answers. I have been studying the life and teachings of Christ longer than most of you have been alive (yes, I will throw my age around this time...age really does make a difference sometimes).

Pedro: I don't recall "blaming" Satan for everything (although he is the master of deception). In fact, if you actually read my post, you will see that I started with the deaths God is directly responsible for...I missed one - the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Although Satan tempts us, we still ultimately choose whether to heed those temptations or not. He uses us, but we allow him to. Before running off with this, please remember the topic, and try to stick to it.

jesterbo: Uhm...I have no clue what you are talking about...Satan copulating with humans in Enoch? Not in any scripture I've ever read. Don't you think that if Satan had the power to do that, then he would be doing it a LOT more than he is. Satan wants us in hell because he wants us to suffer. Moreover, he wants God to suffer, and the best way to do that is to make Him judge against His own child.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.