First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Who Killed More , Satan or God?
101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/08

kimmm6 wrote:

Do either of you actually KNOW anything about Christ or Satan? It is easy to quote the Bible, but it is much harder to understand what you are talking about. If you want to understand, it takes years of study and prayer.


It takes years of talking to yourself to understand?


1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 4/19/08 , edited 4/19/08

kimmm6 wrote:

Do either of you actually KNOW anything about Christ or Satan? It is easy to quote the Bible, but it is much harder to understand what you are talking about. If you want to understand, it takes years of study and prayer. You don't just attend one "world religion" class and have all the answers. I have been studying the life and teachings of Christ longer than most of you have been alive (yes, I will throw my age around this time...age really does make a difference sometimes).
Unless god answered you back then your prayers have had no bearing on your understanding of this, or any subject. Furthermore to bring up your age seems pathetic, as it will in no way make any argument you make stronger. Not everyone has to study something for years before they grasp it.
1328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Closing in
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
kim: the scriptures would be the books of Enoch, which is why I said Enoch. So you would know where to look: the books of Enoch. You have done years of studies, and do not even know of the books of Enoch? Canonized by the etopian church by the way. One reason why sheyamazz (satan) does not "do" it more is that he is improsined in hell. (Untill he will come out and introduce hell to humans according to some scriptures). There you go, all explained. God is the ruler of hell. Satan is improsined there and being tortured, untill he breaks free, and then gets improsined and suffers in hell again. If he truly was the master of hell he would at least stop torturing himself. Hell is god's punishment, as stated everywhere in the scriptures. satan has been stated to be "of hell", but never the master. On the other hand hell as god's punishment is mentioned too many times for references. Why would a powerful entity care if we suffer? And what basis have you got too claim it anyways? And if you look up "satan- how he works" in a bible encyplodiea you will clearly find what he wants: to stop the spreading of the Word. There is no mention of him being petty or caring much about humans. When you say he wants suffering, I ask why you say so. Your own words back at you: I have no clue what YOU are talking about. If it is easy to quote the bible, please do. It seems to me you might be theoretizing.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
52086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/08

YouAreDumb wrote:


kimmm6 wrote:

Do either of you actually KNOW anything about Christ or Satan? It is easy to quote the Bible, but it is much harder to understand what you are talking about. If you want to understand, it takes years of study and prayer. You don't just attend one "world religion" class and have all the answers. I have been studying the life and teachings of Christ longer than most of you have been alive (yes, I will throw my age around this time...age really does make a difference sometimes).
Unless god answered you back then your prayers have had no bearing on your understanding of this, or any subject. Furthermore to bring up your age seems pathetic, as it will in no way make any argument you make stronger. Not everyone has to study something for years before they grasp it.


God always answers back, but it isn't what we always want. He does say no sometimes. God isn't a magical catalog that when we pretend to be good gives us what we want. Kim has validity in what she states. You cannot understand a religion just by attending a class or glancing at verses. To really understand it you must study and live it. It takes years, but as we grow in Christ the wiser we become. If you don't want to follow the religion (you should follow it because you accept it as Truth, and not for educational purposes) than you should really learn it from someone who practices the religion, not from a secular source that examines it. You can know something, but if you don't understand it, then it is pointless.
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 4/19/08 , edited 4/19/08

digs wrote:





God always answers back, but it isn't what we always want. He does say no sometimes. God isn't a magical catalog that when we pretend to be good gives us what we want.
All evidence points to the conclusion that prayer has no effect in reality.




Kim has validity in what she states. You cannot understand a religion just by attending a class or glancing at verses. To really understand it you must study and live it. It takes years, but as we grow in Christ the wiser we become.
Then I assert you do not understand Islam. You have no basis for dismissing Islam, or to speak ill of any of the verses in Qu'ran. You really have no understanding of any religion but your own Digs, and thus have no basis for declaring it's superiority as you do not understand any other religion



If you don't want to follow the religion (you should follow it because you accept it as Truth, and not for educational purposes) than you should really learn it from someone who practices the religion,
How a religion is practiced by any given sect is less important than it's core teachings. To me the bible is more important to gain an understanding of Christianity than Joe Christian in other words.


not from a secular source that examines it. You can know something, but if you don't understand it, then it is pointless.
I do not think that you have to believe in a religion to understand it. I think I have a fair understanding of Christianity, Islam, and a few other religions. I do not understand even a small fraction of all the worlds religion though, and I freely admit this. I really don't see why belief in Christianity is required to understand the teachings.


On a side note Monster is a fucking awesome anime. I think it is going to suck up all of today.


101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/08 , edited 4/19/08

digs wrote:

God always answers back, but it isn't what we always want. He does say no sometimes. God isn't a magical catalog that when we pretend to be good gives us what we want. Kim has validity in what she states. You cannot understand a religion just by attending a class or glancing at verses. To really understand it you must study and live it. It takes years, but as we grow in Christ the wiser we become. If you don't want to follow the religion (you should follow it because you accept it as Truth, and not for educational purposes) than you should really learn it from someone who practices the religion, not from a secular source that examines it. You can know something, but if you don't understand it, then it is pointless.


You might just as well pray to me then. I won't always answer back either and if i do it might not always be in the way you wan't it to be but whatever happens is in your best interest. Next to that you don't have to go to church on sunday morning anymore! Isn't that a blast?
1328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Closing in
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
digs: actually there are quite a number of people that believe in a religion that don't understand it, or don't know why they believe in a thesis or dogma. Popular conceptions and what is said in a group is more important than what the scriptures actually say. Some people that know the scriptures actually know more than these people. I have always found it bizarre when I have pointed out some point in the scriptures unknown to christians. I am not much knowledgeable myself, so you would think that any christian would trash anything I point out if it was not according to their beliefs. Of course, conceptions have to do with how you interpret the bible, but some clearly haven't read it. I am not calling christians ignorant or anything, just pointing out that some believers really don't know. You can know and understand something without believing in it. During eduaction I very rarely asked myself: do I believe in it. I still got my degree (law mostly, not theology). Knowledge do not require belief. An atheist studying the bible might know it just as good as any christian. When I hear theological reasoning I do not care whether or not the person presenting it believes or not, just how much it makes sense.
1912 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Vancouver
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
Hey, God fucks up too you know

=[
5261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
God .. He made us, so he is the one who holds our lives ..
680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / London
Offline
Posted 4/19/08
i thought they were both pretty similar... maybe there is only one :O
3564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC
Offline
Posted 4/19/08

ResidentEvil wrote:


pinoyrave wrote:


ResidentEvil wrote:


pinoyrave wrote:

hmmm where did u get those numbers?....

ps
(i hate it when people quote things from the bible. it just irritates me cuz it makes you look stupid as hell. and im catholic too.. i dunno why but i just hate it when u guys do that.)



How so? Is it because someone quotes something you should as a catholic keep in mind, but don't?

What really irritates me, is when people do not know half the things they should about their religion.


what really irritates me even more are radical religious catholic fucktards that think they know EVERYTHING about their religion. you sir do not. you jesus/bible dick riders look like morons when you quote things from the bible cuz it makes you look like and sound like a faggot. you need to hop off asap.

cmon now srsly.... half the shit from the bible isn't even true anyway.



Ahahaha, aw, poor kid from the flipside is getting angryyyy; cute ahahaha.

Keep in mind, I'm not religious at all, in fact I'm atheist. Oops, there goes the backbone for your entire spasm lol.

PS: Funny how you can be religious, but ignore half the things you should brand "shit". Numbnut proves himself to be oh-so-intelligent once again.




-_- wow ur athiest huh... then why the fuck are u in this thread? you actually have no say in any of this cuz you're some emo athiest who cries about your life cuz your "God" didn't answer your shitty prayers and therefore you gave up on him. Well good cuz God doesn't answer mistakes. You sir are a mistake. just give up on your life and end it already just like you gave up on God.

P.S.
next time think of better excuses to dig urself out before you dig urself a deeper hole. lets see how you get out of this one jew boy ^^
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 4/19/08 , edited 4/20/08

ResidentEvil wrote:



-_- wow ur athiest huh... then why the fuck are u in this thread?



Maybe because, unlike you, I can actually post something requiring intellect. Please do go commit suicide now.


you actually have no say in any of this cuz you're some emo athiest who cries about your life cuz your "God" didn't answer your shitty prayers and therefore you gave up on him. Well good cuz God doesn't answer mistakes. You sir are a mistake. just give up on your life and end it already just like you gave up on God.


Atheists don't give up on God, numbnuts, they simply choose to believe fucktards like yourself need to feel emotional secure when something goes wrong. However, considering your religious beliefs along with what you said, I'm surprised you haven't realized the only mistake in this thread is yourself, from a backseat incident.


P.S.
next time think of better excuses to dig urself out before you dig urself a deeper hole. lets see how you get out of this one jew boy ^^


Dig myself out of what? Your blatantly dim-witted accusations? Or perhaps the apparent so called insults; to which I could safely conclude that if you're this mentally challenge, it must run in the family.

PS: Read the bible a bit more "jew boy". Per chance your "God (lol)" should had struck Adam down if he knew your incestuous ass would be conceived.



AHAHAHAHA, I take it back, oh dear. If I knew you looked like this:



I would have let you feel glorified you "won" an arguement LOL. Oh man, I love "mistakes" with myspace shots.


.....AHAHAHAHAHAH XD.


Ignore that poster. He is a troll who even now is enjoying your response. Don't feed the trolls.
308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / British Columbia
Offline
Posted 4/19/08 , edited 4/20/08
I beg to differ, I'm no such thing.

I clearly was on topic.
3564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC
Offline
Posted 4/19/08 , edited 4/20/08

ResidentEvil wrote:

I beg to differ, I'm no such thing.

I clearly was on topic.



hahaha now look what you've done.. made such a horrible rep for yourself. such a shame luls. you actually also picked out a nice pic of me. u should check out the comments i got. lets see your status on crunchyroll now shall we ^^



LOL!! not only do you suck at photo editing but you are also a complete emo faggot who takes pictures of flowers and does a shitty job about it lmao epic fail. you also have no comments on it because it depicts how ugly you are actually in real life. that's good actually that you didn't post ur pic of urself, keep cr safe from God's mistakes, and ugly faces he made and brought on earth. and you also have only 4 friends!!! complete loser even on the interwebs. great, pic out another sexy pic of me and dig another hole for yourself ^^
397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 4/19/08 , edited 4/20/08

Omok wrote:

According to the bible:

Satan is the cost of death.

But God is the savior from death.

=)

but yeah, if you read the old testement, God is the one whom killed more, but all of those deaths are CAUSED by satan. In other words; satan killed more beacsue his the CAUSE...

its like saying I used a knife to kill a...BUG, who's the killer of the bug? me or the knife? =)


Your analogy doesn't work because the knife is an inanimate tool that cannot do what you don't want it to do. Or are you saying God is simply a tool?

A better analogy is if your friend told you that you should kill the bug and you did it and then when asked why you did it you said, "he made me do it!" As if he had complete and absolute power over your actions.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.