First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
In The Groove
Posted 1/13/08
haha its not harder its more fun
Posted 1/13/08

antdaniee wrote:

tourney's still? Wow...


A month ago, there was an ITG tournament in my area, though I didn't attend (A lot of my friends attended/competed however).

Pretty awesome how a 12-year old won the tournament, lol. Don't be fooled by the age, because he's passed all the songs in the game and quad starred about half the songs. Most likely he'll be an ITG god once he's older (Unless he decides to quit like almost all of them, rofl)
Posted 1/27/08

Gundam-Dude wrote:


antdaniee wrote:

tourney's still? Wow...


A month ago, there was an ITG tournament in my area, though I didn't attend (A lot of my friends attended/competed however).

Pretty awesome how a 12-year old won the tournament, lol. Don't be fooled by the age, because he's passed all the songs in the game and quad starred about half the songs. Most likely he'll be an ITG god once he's older (Unless he decides to quit like almost all of them, rofl)


Franco Diaz yo,
a queer 12 year old lolol.
Anyways, you're not the only one on CR that plays, I suck at ITG IMO.
I passed Summer[E], but I doubt I can do it again.
Posted 1/28/08

Hen-Thai wrote:

Anyways, you're not the only one on CR that plays, I suck at ITG IMO.



Only users on CR that played ITG casually:
- Me
- You
- clc130
- paranoiiattack

Most CR users stick to DDR or other Rhythmic games.
280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / My own little world
Offline
Posted 4/6/08
i play itg casually im actully in a clan and go to tournyments...
47 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 4/6/08
Used to play ITG. Could pass most 12's and a few 13's. But it's honestly not a very fun game. Charts are absolute bullcrap. I'll stick to Extreme. I like the music and it's actually a fun game.
164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 4/6/08
I love ITG its much harder than DDR but the musics are hella better sadly I'm only 6-step medium T_T
Posted 4/6/08
As of right now, there are only two CR users that still play ITG: Myself and Hen-Thai. Most people usually get bored/tired of ITG and end up quitting and going back to DDR or PIU. I'm still surprised that people still host ITG tournaments till this day when the ITG activity pretty much dropped after Konami screwed Roxor.

The most ITG machine locations are in Ontario, rofl. ITG barely even exists in the US anymore so it's somewhat difficult to find a machine to even play on. And PIU machines have started to pop up almost in every arcade in Canada and the US so that pretty much begins the whole PIU revolution (lol puns). DDR is still quite popular since Konami has no intentions on stopping the production and there are a growing number of people that are beginning to play DDR and the people that quit ITG have gone back to DDR for the new stepcharts and songs available on new releases.

Personally, I'm just sticking with the ITG machine at my arcade. I have no intentions on going back to DDR or moving towards PIU. I'm glad they removed the DDR Extreme machine from there too since it wasn't making much money and it was fucking loud as hell... I do wish that my arcade still had two ITG2 R21 dedicabs but then again most of the people that used to play at my arcade quit ITG. As of right now my ITG skills are pretty much stuck at the expert 12 area since I still have yet to pass an expert 13. And I still need to learn my crossovers, lol. All I can do right now are raise my old outdated scores from last year or a few months ago.

I'm surprised I can write giant blocks of text on such a trivial topic like ITG, lol.
34159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/6/08
OMG I LOVE IN THE GROOVE!
Posted 4/6/08

bluexbear23 wrote:

OMG I LOVE IN THE GROOVE!


What a well thought out post...

Care to share at least what you like/dislike about it? OR something like how good are you at the game instead of praising it for no reason.
34159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/6/08

Gundam-Dude wrote:


bluexbear23 wrote:

OMG I LOVE IN THE GROOVE!


What a well thought out post...

Care to share at least what you like/dislike about it? OR something like how good are you at the game instead of praising it for no reason.


well, i like at the second stage (like beginner, then like easy) not that really good. -_- but it's fun =D
Posted 4/6/08

bluexbear23 wrote:

well, i like at the second stage (like beginner, then like easy) not that really good. -_- but it's fun =D


For DDR, the levels go as follows (easiest to hardest):
Beginner - Light - Standard - Heavy - Challenge/Oni

For ITG, the levels go as follows (easiest to hardest):
Novice - Easy - Medium - Hard - Expert

So I'm guessing you're a Light/Easy player. Just started playing?
Posted 4/23/08
Passed Summer~Speedy Mix~ on Expert with 72.95%, rofl. I suck at the ending god dammit my legs lock up everytime. I'm glad I got it over with.

Sup, I'm 13-step expert player now. lololol
1385 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Not telling...
Offline
Posted 5/17/08
I haven't play ITG before but it seems fun, but I think that now it will be harder to find nowadays. So I'm just playing DDR, I think I'm pretty good and my DDR is the xbox 360 version. I can so far play expert times 3 on my DDR, but I'll try to play ITG cause people say that it's harder....
Posted 5/17/08 , edited 5/17/08

custard456 wrote:

I haven't play ITG before but it seems fun, but I think that now it will be harder to find nowadays. So I'm just playing DDR, I think I'm pretty good and my DDR is the xbox 360 version. I can so far play expert times 3 on my DDR, but I'll try to play ITG cause people say that it's harder....


Yeah, ever since Konami screwed over Roxor and claimed ITG's rights, it's rare to find machine locations nowadays. I'm lucky that there's an ITG2 R21 dedicab close to my house as well as several other places I go to since the most ITG machines are all located in Ontario, Canada compared to The States. If you even check groovestats' machine locations list, Ontario has the most. Second is Illinois in The States.

If you find DDR a bit easy even on Heavy or Oni, I definitely recommend that you start playing ITG. It fulfills one's urge to play songs loaded with arrows and 16th, 24th or 32nd streams/runs.

Personally, Summer~Speedy Mix~ is the only 13-step Expert song I've passed ever since my previous post in this thread. I tried a few other 13s like Pandemonium and some edit songs but I couldn't pass them. So I'm pretty much just raising a lot of my very old and outdated scores on my USB card. I have the stamina but not the endurance to pass more 13s, rofl.

Side note: Finally got my first Double Star (98%+) on both a 9 and 10-step Expert song. Also Starred (96%+) my first 11-step Expert song as well. Now my new goal will be to Star a 12-step Expert song and obtain a Tri-Star (99%+).
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.