First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Art Class
Member
4480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Candy Mountain
Offline
Posted 4/28/08 , edited 4/28/08
Sub-Lesson 1 MANGA
-Mangas are widely read by people of all ages, so there is a broad range of subjects including action-adventure, romance, sports and games, historical drama, comedy, science fiction and fantasy, mystery, horror, sexuality, and business and commerce, among others. Since the 1950s, manga have steadily become a major part of the Japanese publishing industry.
-Manga literally means "whimsical pictures"

How to read a Manga:


please memorize

NEXT LESSON: Anime and Its Characteristics
Posted 4/28/08 , edited 4/28/08
can i join dis clas???
Member
4480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Candy Mountain
Offline
Posted 4/28/08 , edited 4/29/08

joyostwa wrote:

can i join dis class???


sure ^^ Please join in on the lessons and give your input to any questions I ask..
Posted 4/28/08 , edited 4/29/08
umm.. for lesson 1 the korean manhua, theyre drawings are more realistic but they made it also a little bit kinda cute . then the manga, is not very realistic, well not like both manhuas and manga is more of fictional-y type and theyre backround are just roses like plain type but also realistic. the manhua for chines is really more realistic than the manhuas in korea and theyre backround to are realistic...

i dont think m correct or its very clear...
Member
4480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Candy Mountain
Offline
Posted 4/29/08 , edited 4/30/08

joyostwa wrote:

umm.. for lesson 1 the korean manhua, theyre drawings are more realistic but they made it also a little bit kinda cute . then the manga, is not very realistic, well not like both manhuas and manga is more of fictional-y type and theyre backround are just roses like plain type but also realistic. the manhua for chines is really more realistic than the manhuas in korea and theyre backround to are realistic...

i dont think m correct or its very clear...


I understand what you're saying ^^ and yea I agree that manhuas are a lot more realistic than the others.
Member
4480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Candy Mountain
Offline
Posted 5/1/08 , edited 5/2/08
So does everyone understand the history of mangas in society? Anyone confused or have any questions?

please don't hesitate to join in on the discussion. If you know something interesting about art, then tell us.
If you have a favorite painting, please post a picture of it and tell us why you like it.



ART IS SUCH A BROAD SUBJECT. IT COVERS ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD. ART IS EVERYWHERE AROUND YOU. SO OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AROUND.

Also, I just want to explain that I am a head teacher for 2 other classes as well as a doctor and shoujo dorm head teacher. I may not update this class everyday, but please come to class everyday. If there aren't any questions for you to answer already up, please tell us what art you saw that day and what you consider art.

GAMBATTE!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Member
3057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Netherworld
Offline
Posted 5/1/08 , edited 5/2/08
yo im a new student around here. hehehe
i would like to join this class if possible :)
Member
4480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Candy Mountain
Offline
Posted 5/2/08 , edited 5/2/08

starr555 wrote:

yo im a new student around here. hehehe
i would like to join this class if possible :)


you're already in the class ^^;; You can start participating anytime. Just try answering the questions throughout the posts and talk about what you consider art, your favorite piece of art, anything at all artistic.

[at the moment, I'm juggling a lot of activities at the same time so Its difficult constructing a lession plan so I'm trying to get everyone to become more open minded and understanding on what is considered art in the world.
wakata?
4068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 5/2/08 , edited 5/2/08
Today, I stayed after school to wait for a friend since she was in a club and I needed to go to her house.
And her club was in the art room so the people in the club basically make skateboards/snowboards (I'm not exactly sure) and I consider that art because they were carving the boards so it seems as they are "making" the board.
Member
4480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Candy Mountain
Offline
Posted 5/2/08 , edited 5/3/08

-Complic4ted- wrote:

Today, I stayed after school to wait for a friend since she was in a club and I needed to go to her house.
And her club was in the art room so the people in the club basically make skateboards/snowboards (I'm not exactly sure) and I consider that art because they were carving the boards so it seems as they are "making" the board.


they actually made the skateboards? wow!! That would be considered modern wood sculptures even though they are merely skateboards. Did you find it interesting that they were doing this rather than painting or drawing? [which is what is usually done in art classes]
4068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 5/2/08 , edited 5/3/08
Yes, I did find it interesting than painting or drawing because those techniques are too common these days.
Member
4480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Candy Mountain
Offline
Posted 5/2/08 , edited 5/3/08

-Complic4ted- wrote:

Yes, I did find it interesting than painting or drawing because those techniques are too common these days.


I have an Art History class every week that I go to in college, it's not much drawing but rather a lecture class. But there's an art class right across the hall from us and they draw most of the time..it's kinda boring since thats what every art class does..I would rather they make sculptures or build things.....so do you have a favorite art piece that you would like to share with us? A painting or drawing maybe?
4068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 5/2/08 , edited 5/3/08
I would rather do that as well, sculpturing/building things. With clay, it's fun xD
At the moment I can't think of one, gomen =/
Member
3057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Netherworld
Offline
Posted 5/2/08 , edited 5/3/08
hmm that sounds nice.
sculpting and stuff.
i dont actually do those kinds of things. cuz i suck at them hehe.
but my friend is very skilled when drawing. everytime i or the guys see one its like a masterpiece.
thats why when we get group activities. shes in charge in making it look good.
Member
4480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Candy Mountain
Offline
Posted 5/2/08 , edited 5/3/08

starr555 wrote:

hmm that sounds nice.
sculpting and stuff.
i dont actually do those kinds of things. cuz i suck at them hehe.
but my friend is very skilled when drawing. everytime i or the guys see one its like a masterpiece.
thats why when we get group activities. shes in charge in making it look good.


wow lol I get that job as well. I make the project look good even though I can do a lot more. But I stick to designs rather than pure drawings. I play around with shapes and colors and end up with something unique [or so I'm told. One of my designs is in my pics section on my page].

Have you guys ever made anything artistic yourself? Other than for school though.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.