First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Would you open the Pandora's box ?
1459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / some CRAPPY place...
Offline
Posted 10/27/07
ok let say you find the box that contain all evil would you open it ?

little info

In Greek mythology, Pandora was the first woman. Each god helped create her by giving her unique gifts. Zeus ordered her creation as a punishment for mankind, in retaliation for Prometheus' having stolen fire and then giving it to humans for their use. She is most famous for carrying a jar (pithos) (or box) containing all the world's evils. She releases these evils, but closes the lid before Hope can escape
29475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/27/07
ALL EVIL No
36562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Corner of No and...
Offline
Posted 10/27/07
yes, just to see what would happen. And this question is rather coincidental with a show i watched last night. Have u seen Blood Ties?

Edit: I should mention that in the myth it also claims that no human is able to resist the temptation of opening it, so i would probably have no choice anyway. *Even if I didn't want to I would unable to resist.*
1459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / some CRAPPY place...
Offline
Posted 10/27/07

smartii4u wrote:

ALL EVIL No
\

you look evil .... but yea evil will free hope as well

yea i saw it nice show
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/07
Is not about opening it or not. It is about the conclusions you reach by the fact that Hope remains in the box.
1969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / IL,USA
Offline
Posted 10/27/07
depends on wat happened before if sumthing horrible happened to me that made me angry i might open if i was feeling fine than i wouldnt
Posted 10/27/07

mauz15 wrote:

Is not about opening it or not. It is about the conclusions you reach by the fact that Hope remains in the box.


so you open it twice really fast and all shall be well correct?
1459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / some CRAPPY place...
Offline
Posted 10/27/07

mauz15 wrote:

Is not about opening it or not. It is about the conclusions you reach by the fact that Hope remains in the box.


would you open there a lot question weather or not or do it



46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/07
Xiun

No, no. I am saying that making this a question where you open it changes things.

It is better to consider that the box has been already open, and leave it at that. No change of variables ( such as you having the chance to open it).

Now what does the fact that hope remained in the box mean to you, will vary according to your view of what evil, humanity, morality, etc mean.

What I am trying to say is that I find this question empty and not worth considering. What I find worth of consideration is trying to interpret the myth.

In other words this question is meh
3335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/07
^loving the conclusion.

taking the question at face value though, i would say no i wouldn't
1459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / some CRAPPY place...
Offline
Posted 10/27/07

mauz15 wrote:

Xiun

No, no. I am saying that making this a question where you open it changes things.

It is better to consider that the box has been already open, and leave it at that. No change of variables ( such as you having the chance to open it).

Now what does the fact that hope remained in the box mean to you, will vary according to your view of what evil, humanity, morality, etc mean.

What I am trying to say is that I find this question empty and not worth considering. What I find worth of consideration is trying to interpret the myth.

In other words this question is meh


there a lot fact you open or not even so you open it it would give hope by bring chaos to world so you give c more hope and hope for chaos so you maybe thing to open some you bring hope or not ?

but if already open your bring chaos or hope ?
Posted 10/27/07
^^^ i know, i just felt that i had an okay joke, i guess i didn't

EDIT: to make this post not completely useless, here's a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora

I think the person above me is saying is that because of the chaos around us, wouldn't that bring humanity more hope since people become more hopeful in difficult times.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/07
^^ Could you rephrase that please? I don't understand you =/

^ Oh oops
1646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Columbus, OH
Offline
Posted 10/27/07
Yes I'd most likely open it. IIRC Pandora herself didn't know that the evils of the world were in the box/jar. Honestly if you had something like that given to you by the gods, you would be tempted to open it, and I bet most people would open it.
1459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / some CRAPPY place...
Offline
Posted 10/27/07

mauz15 wrote:

^^ Could you rephrase that please? I don't understand you =/

^ Oh oops


you say box is al ready open right ? so your bringing hope or chaos?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.