First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Do Asians in general look down on non-Asians?
Posted 10/28/07
no,we don't look down...but sometimes we're snobby....
7763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Davao City, Phili...
Offline
Posted 10/28/07
well we asians are actually very hospitable. We treat everyone with high regards however there are times that we develop a sense of hate towards foreigners for thinking that they are superior than us, thus leading us asians to be, as you say, snobish. The very example of this is the US keeps calling the Philippines a "3rd world country". That is already a big insult to the filipino people but since our race is know to be too nice, we just take it and go on. Please dont think that all asians are snobish, we just have a hell lot of bad experiences with non asians. Just look in our history books and find out.
626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ogre island, form...
Offline
Posted 10/28/07

LmaonadeLOL wrote:

Isn't it the other way around?!


agree
Posted 10/28/07

bujujutko wrote:

well we asians are actually very hospitable. We treat everyone with high regards however there are times that we develop a sense of hate towards foreigners for thinking that they are superior than us, thus leading us asians to be, as you say, snobish. The very example of this is the US keeps calling the Philippines a "3rd world country". That is already a big insult to the filipino people but since our race is know to be too nice, we just take it and go on. Please dont think that all asians are snobish, we just have a hell lot of bad experiences with non asians. Just look in our history books and find out.


Here in Canada , even Filipinos say that Philippines is a third world country .
I think that`s racist . Just because they`re richer than us .
1234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / z
Offline
Posted 10/28/07
tbh I don't think its any of that. when there is a minority, they generally feel more special. Asians everywhere apart from Asia. take example: white people In Hong Kong are more snobbish just because they are a minority there?
626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ogre island, form...
Offline
Posted 10/28/07

snow-chibi wrote:


bujujutko wrote:

well we asians are actually very hospitable. We treat everyone with high regards however there are times that we develop a sense of hate towards foreigners for thinking that they are superior than us, thus leading us asians to be, as you say, snobish. The very example of this is the US keeps calling the Philippines a "3rd world country". That is already a big insult to the filipino people but since our race is know to be too nice, we just take it and go on. Please dont think that all asians are snobish, we just have a hell lot of bad experiences with non asians. Just look in our history books and find out.


Here in Canada , even Filipinos say that Philippines is a third world country .
I think that`s racist . Just because they`re richer than us .


that's the Filipinos that degrade their own blood just because they got rich and live in first world. it makes me wanna puke.
108090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / strangereal
Offline
Posted 10/28/07
I'm not like my parents with the whole show off thing, i don't care about my enethicity.
13802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/28/07

iheartshiina wrote:


snow-chibi wrote:


bujujutko wrote:

well we asians are actually very hospitable. We treat everyone with high regards however there are times that we develop a sense of hate towards foreigners for thinking that they are superior than us, thus leading us asians to be, as you say, snobish. The very example of this is the US keeps calling the Philippines a "3rd world country". That is already a big insult to the filipino people but since our race is know to be too nice, we just take it and go on. Please dont think that all asians are snobish, we just have a hell lot of bad experiences with non asians. Just look in our history books and find out.


Here in Canada , even Filipinos say that Philippines is a third world country .
I think that`s racist . Just because they`re richer than us .


that's the Filipinos that degrade their own blood just because they got rich and live in first world. it makes me wanna puke.



well, when u live in a third/second world country u try ur best to get the hell out of there if u can and go to a first world country... if u r smart enough u will make millions
if u r not then u will work around minimum wage XD
21056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/28/07
im asian and i dont look down on anybody. only COOL ppl look down on oters in my opinion, but thats only in the media. but i see that in school at times.
626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ogre island, form...
Offline
Posted 10/28/07

SokoLoko788 wrote:

well, when u live in a third/second world country u try ur best to get the hell out of there if u can and go to a first world country... if u r smart enough u will make millions
if u r not then u will work around minimum wage XD


i cannot argue with you on that thing cause it's right (well, at least here at the Philippines). but bragging things to your homeland about how successful you became and forgetting them is just sick.
1352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/28/07
erm i would say through experience that some of the older generations of asian people definitely don't like black ppl. my mum had a friend who told her that her parents (who were chinese) told her not to trust black people. but it's definatley a minority, there is always a small group of racist people in every culture.

Two of my best friends are asian and their parents have always treated me like i am their own kid. so i would definately say asians aren't snooby. it's usually the other way round, like being made fun of for having an accent or just being asian. actually i became good friends with one of my best friends because i stood up for her when she was being called 'chinky winky' . yes the ppl who go to my school are assholes. ¬¬

4395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Malaysia
Offline
Posted 10/28/07
i always thought that non-asians look down on asian
1246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / U.S.
Offline
Posted 10/28/07
i think its the other way around.
6203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 10/28/07

LmaonadeLOL wrote:

Isn't it the other way around?!


hahaha i agree
Posted 10/28/07

iheartshiina wrote:

i cannot argue with you on that thing cause it's right (well, at least here at the Philippines). but bragging things to your homeland about how successful you became and forgetting them is just sick.


LOL , my baaad . I was talking about the ones born here in Canada .
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.