First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Why do people love Anime/Manga?
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 9/30/06
Arx7 just nailed the whole poin of why anime is good. Congrats
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/30/06

TiTanTHPS wrote:

a mini essay on the subject:

asking why one likes anime is asking 'why does one enjoy books, tv shows, movies, etc.

they all tell stories. stories can teach one things baised on one's interpritation of them. they can be exciting and entertaining. they can be enjoyable.

when it comes to anime, i think of it as being a more sophisticated form of entertainment & storytelling. i think anime overall, even anime like DBZ or Innuyasha, has better quality storytelling, writing, and everything than most popular entertainment on tv or at the movie theater. anime doesn't use a lot of the shitty cliches and common, redundant storylines and character types of a lot of popular american entertainment. it should be noted though that (as most anime fans may know) anime does end up having some of its own cliche's and redundant characters & storylines, which among us makes for plenty of inside jokes.

it's not made for a fun, quick fix that just goes away the next morning. it is something you can really dive into (and often have to for the full effect) and that can stay with you for awhile or even change your life.

anime can also educate one on japanese culture.

one of the biggest turn offs to outsiders about anime is its art style and sense of humor. this sort of goes back to anime having it's own cliches as i mentioned earlier. more in depth, anime has sound effects for emotions and feelings, which don't have sound, and often recurring facial expressions, which ties in with the art style. to the outsider, this is usually viewed as extremly bizarre. to those who get it though, it's like a whole different way of looking at things, and a good & funny way of portraying emotions.

overall, the people who don't like anime often are so 'cause they're just simply not open minded to it & never really looked closely at it enough to make a good informed opinion on it. quick judgments are made.

in the end, it all doesn't matter much though. people can have whatever opinion on it they like. so if someone doesn't like anime, so what? fuck them.


I agree with you, but your essay writing is pretty bad
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 9/30/06
Long. Cant handle it. SCHOOL ALL OVER AGAIN
1260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
planet earth
Offline
Posted 9/30/06
guess i shouldnt've called it an essay :p

i wasn't intending it to be taken that way, i'm way more casual than that. and props by the way arx7, you did basicly nail it and in a short & sweet way too. you mentioned two huge points i totally forgot about when in comes to why i like anime, and they're also two reasons why i got into it in the first place. the characters and stories are more realistic. the antagonist doesn't constantly win and isn't often perfect and larger than life.
54706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Québec
Offline
Posted 9/30/06
sry to change the subject, but i luv ur avatar, wetto! Correct me if im wrong, but is it when nana (the 26 vectors diclo) kills her false mom after she has been let out? was so funny, the upper half of her body pressed the button to explode the arm of nana lol.
13493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/06

arx7arbalest wrote:


Death_Blade wrote:

Inquireing minds want to know why do you like anime??

I like anime because it helps teach you some good lessons in life. Most of these anime give ou really nice lessons for life. I always feel different if I watch a anime because I think that it changes me for the best.Like in Mai Hime and Mai Otome. It has a message in it that says love the ones you love because u never know when you are going to lose em. If you are not always loveing to them you may lose them in the next minute hour day or month. I love that nd I am listening to Esteban. Man he has some of the best music that has ever been made lol. Anyhow whay do you ppl love anime??? Please share your reason and give an example.


It seems like you try to hard to sound profound. You EMO.
I like anime because among all animated works, it has the best script writing I have ever seen. It doesn't really teach you life lessons because it is something you already know. However, to be more accurate, you can feel a connection between the characters because they hold so much more human qualities and character flaws than that of someonel like Superman or Batman.


Ok first of all calling some1 emo because of that is not the way to go. I am not emo because if from what I heard not sure if its true but emos slash thier wrists and I sure as no other do not slash my wrists. Thats just from what I heard though. Another thing calling some1 emo befuore knowing them is dangerous. I believe in what I say because yes you get life lessons out of it. You are just not atuned to what makes you human. Being human means you can feel. Seems like to me you don't feel.
13493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/06
Oh yeah for another reply I am christian so I am trying to cut down o the cusssing . another thing is I am someone who is the wierdest out of all the christians in fact that I don't think the other christians that I konw watch anime. I don't care if anyone makes fun of me because I am Christian because I am proud of it .
1260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
planet earth
Offline
Posted 10/1/06
yea, i'd lay off the e-word here. i'd rather the epidemic doesn't spread to cr.
243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / BKK
Offline
Posted 10/1/06
Because...it's so Ecchi...(and Moe')
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/06

Death_Blade wrote:


arx7arbalest wrote:


Death_Blade wrote:

Inquireing minds want to know why do you like anime??

I like anime because it helps teach you some good lessons in life. Most of these anime give ou really nice lessons for life. I always feel different if I watch a anime because I think that it changes me for the best.Like in Mai Hime and Mai Otome. It has a message in it that says love the ones you love because u never know when you are going to lose em. If you are not always loveing to them you may lose them in the next minute hour day or month. I love that nd I am listening to Esteban. Man he has some of the best music that has ever been made lol. Anyhow whay do you ppl love anime??? Please share your reason and give an example.


It seems like you try to hard to sound profound. You EMO.
I like anime because among all animated works, it has the best script writing I have ever seen. It doesn't really teach you life lessons because it is something you already know. However, to be more accurate, you can feel a connection between the characters because they hold so much more human qualities and character flaws than that of someonel like Superman or Batman.


Ok first of all calling some1 emo because of that is not the way to go. I am not emo because if from what I heard not sure if its true but emos slash thier wrists and I sure as no other do not slash my wrists. Thats just from what I heard though. Another thing calling some1 emo befuore knowing them is dangerous. I believe in what I say because yes you get life lessons out of it. You are just not atuned to what makes you human. Being human means you can feel. Seems like to me you don't feel.


The emo thing was a joke. The statement about Emos slashing their wrists is a stereotype. Also, if the statement about peole being able to relate to people doesn't imply that I have feelings then I must be on crack cause I thought it did. If your wondering what Im feeling now . Again, its not a lesson if you ALREADY KNOW IT. Everyone knows that you should appreciate your loved ones. The whole sentence about atuned makes no sense assuming that you mean the word "attuned"
Main Entry: at·tune
Pronunciation: &-'tün, -'tyün
Function: transitive verb
1 : to make aware or responsive <attune businesses to changing trends>
If you really must have me bring down your example of how Mai Hime teaches life lessons, which I assumed if you applied what I said about something you already know(but obviously I was wrong for believing that no one could possibly think that its impossible for someone to not apply what I said to their example that people learn to appreciate their loved ones). EVERYONE KNOWS THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOVE YOUR LOVED ONES AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT PEOPLE DIE and if Mai Hime was actually trying to teach that lesson, then no one would come back to life and secondly, they decided to become Himes which was the cause of their disappearance in the first place.
Finally, saying that I am not attuned with my human spirit without knowing me is the same thing as me calling you an emo without knowing you....this however is true since you just proved it...YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE!!!Maybe I was wrong about you being an EMO because you talk about becoming "atuned" with your human self...you hippie.
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/06

Death_Blade wrote:

Oh yeah for another reply I am christian so I am trying to cut down o the cusssing . another thing is I am someone who is the wierdest out of all the christians in fact that I don't think the other christians that I konw watch anime. I don't care if anyone makes fun of me because I am Christian because I am proud of it .


Yeah because your christian you are trying to cut back on cussing and yet at the same time, you are on a site that breaches piracy laws good for you about the cussing thing though.
1571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / donkeyville - UK...
Offline
Posted 10/1/06
erm..i dont love anime..i just watch anime cos its jsut tv to me, i cant be bothered to watch those poopy shows on the tv nowadays like wdf you watching some people running around in a house just for fame? anime is just better than tv nowadays, most movies are poop aswell lol...
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/06

Death_Blade wrote:

Oh yeah for another reply I am christian so I am trying to cut down o the cusssing . another thing is I am someone who is the wierdest out of all the christians in fact that I don't think the other christians that I konw watch anime. I don't care if anyone makes fun of me because I am Christian because I am proud of it .


On another argument just for the sole reason that you pissed me off so Im gonna
prove that every word you say is pretty dumb, Im christian and I went to a catholic school and they had an anime club. I go to a public school and they too have an anime club. I agree with you though, you are weird. You say your christian after like every post and you know what. Considering we all speak English and that most english speaking countries are christian then guess what buddy. A lot of us are christian!!!!
Heres a map of religions dominant in a country

Go educate yourself cause that is what learning is about.

p.s. I have no idea what they mean by "chinese" under the religion legend.
15944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/06
^usually peoeple who are from china dont believe in any form of organized relegion I have so many friends who are athiests
13493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/06
LOL alright *sigh* not trying to upset you or anything either I am just saying why I love anime lol. Ok if that offened you sorry. Also in replying to your comments if that offened you sorry. I know that Christianity is the main reiligion in the world and is still growing. So lets put this to rest shall we.

Alrighty then.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.