First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Would Soul Calibur make a good anime?
Teckor 
14040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/08

numb3rs4ndl3tt3rs wrote:


Teckor wrote:

Besides, the best ending I think they would choose would be with Seigfried destroying Soul Calibur.


you mean Soul Edge?


.... yes, my mistake. Destroying Soul Calibur would be, well, bad right? :D
Thanks for the correction.
Posted 5/2/08

Teckor wrote:


numb3rs4ndl3tt3rs wrote:


Teckor wrote:

Besides, the best ending I think they would choose would be with Seigfried destroying Soul Calibur.


you mean Soul Edge?


.... yes, my mistake. Destroying Soul Calibur would be, well, bad right? :D
Thanks for the correction.


np, I'll correct you any day. ^^
5245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/2/08
No, it'd make an awful anime. Though it's one of my favorite games, I think the story really sucks. I first played Soulblade (which is like, the first Soul Calibur), and since then, the story hasn't changed one bit. The story isn't really original or exciting, and it's actually a bit cheesy too. (If you look at the reasons why people like Talim and Sophitia want to destroy Soul Edge... Blah!)

If you remember the game Battle Arena Toshinden, which is kind of like Soul Calibur too, you will probably understand why it's a bad idea to make an anime out of such a game. Because they made an anime out of that one, and it sucked.. more than I will ever be able to express with words.
1138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / 14th Chamber of 地獄
Offline
Posted 5/2/08
could be cool, but would prove difficult as people before me have said
64 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Northampton, England
Offline
Posted 5/2/08
Okay, it would be gd to an extent. but only so far as to show people fightin each other. only hardcore soul calibur fans would be interested in th actual plot...
Posted 5/2/08

Hitoli wrote:

No, it'd make an awful anime. Though it's one of my favorite games, I think the story really sucks. I first played Soulblade (which is like, the first Soul Calibur), and since then, the story hasn't changed one bit. The story isn't really original or exciting, and it's actually a bit cheesy too. (If you look at the reasons why people like Talim and Sophitia want to destroy Soul Edge... Blah!)

If you remember the game Battle Arena Toshinden, which is kind of like Soul Calibur too, you will probably understand why it's a bad idea to make an anime out of such a game. Because they made an anime out of that one, and it sucked.. more than I will ever be able to express with words.


Of course the story hasn't changed. the story REVOLVES around the battle between Soul Edge and Soul Calibur. what can be changed there?

There's nothing wrong with Sophitia's reasoning. She got a call to arms, simple as that. As for Talim, i see nothing wrong with her reasoning either. she can't simply want to do something for the sake of the world?

I don't know much about the game, but from what i read on Wikipedia, the plot seems fairly vague, which leads to people trying to improvise story into places it didn't exist to begin with. Soul Calibur on the other hand, has an accepted canon storyline that leads from one game directly to the next. everyone has a past and a specific reason for their actions. there's even character development. I don't see how you can figure the storyline isn't at all original. do you mean good sword vs evil sword? because battles between good and evil will never get old. maybe all the dull, unoriginal characters, like Ivy and Zasalamel. is that where the story is unoriginal? or maybe its because they're all trying to get ahold of these two swords that its unoriginal. because they could really make a fighting game where everyone was after things completely unrelated to each other. that'd work.
Posted 5/2/08
fighting games don't make very good anime in my opinion.
357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/2/08
I think it'd be pretty good Although in my opinion it would/should be centered around Kilik, Xianghua and Maxi. Not my favorates but they seem main character styley. My favs are Raphael and Ivy btw
Posted 5/2/08
It can be made into a good anime. It would probably shown from different character perspectives, and not all characters are enemies so characters would be split in groups.
153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Vancouver
Offline
Posted 5/3/08
i think it would be too confusing and with the amount of characters, the development wont be too great.
5245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/3/08

numb3rs4ndl3tt3rs wrote:


Hitoli wrote:

No, it'd make an awful anime. Though it's one of my favorite games, I think the story really sucks. I first played Soulblade (which is like, the first Soul Calibur), and since then, the story hasn't changed one bit. The story isn't really original or exciting, and it's actually a bit cheesy too. (If you look at the reasons why people like Talim and Sophitia want to destroy Soul Edge... Blah!)

If you remember the game Battle Arena Toshinden, which is kind of like Soul Calibur too, you will probably understand why it's a bad idea to make an anime out of such a game. Because they made an anime out of that one, and it sucked.. more than I will ever be able to express with words.


Of course the story hasn't changed. the story REVOLVES around the battle between Soul Edge and Soul Calibur. what can be changed there?

There's nothing wrong with Sophitia's reasoning. She got a call to arms, simple as that. As for Talim, i see nothing wrong with her reasoning either. she can't simply want to do something for the sake of the world?

I don't know much about the game, but from what i read on Wikipedia, the plot seems fairly vague, which leads to people trying to improvise story into places it didn't exist to begin with. Soul Calibur on the other hand, has an accepted canon storyline that leads from one game directly to the next. everyone has a past and a specific reason for their actions. there's even character development. I don't see how you can figure the storyline isn't at all original. do you mean good sword vs evil sword? because battles between good and evil will never get old. maybe all the dull, unoriginal characters, like Ivy and Zasalamel. is that where the story is unoriginal? or maybe its because they're all trying to get ahold of these two swords that its unoriginal. because they could really make a fighting game where everyone was after things completely unrelated to each other. that'd work.


Have you ever played this game?
When I beat Soulblade, on each of the characters, in the epilogue, they destroyed the sword. But wth, in the next games, it's back! That's just really lame. Sophitia has been in the game since the first one, and it's always the same. She's so cheesy (yet, she's my favorite Soulblade character, and I still love her in SC).

I love the game a lot, it really kicks ass. But no matter how you look at it, the story is very unoriginal. Ooh, an evil sword that has to be destroyed. And a lot of people want it to be destroyed, but still they kill each other. Of course there are evil people who want to take advantage of the sword, but still.. If you beat the game, your char destroys the sword. And the next game it's back again. Which makes each game kind of.. the same.
Posted 5/3/08


uh huh...so your issue with the game is that each character's end has a resolution? ahhh, you want to end each character with, oh, we didn't make it this time, but maybe next time we'll get it. that makes much more sense. You still haven't explained your problem with Sophitia either. if you're going to argue, would you please back up your statements?

As for the storyline being unoriginal, it's a sight better than pretty much every other fighting game out there. ooh, a big secret tournament that i'm forced to enter! and a lot of strong people are entering it! very original. And not every ending has the characters destroy a sword. i've never played Soul Blade or the original Soul Calibur, but as for SC2, Siegfried's end is that he throws the sword into a pit and stands guard to try and keep people from using it. Several evil characters take the sword and use it. In SC3, Tira's end has her possessed by the sword. One of Ivy's ending has her becoming it's next host. Lizardman doesn't destroy either sword. Astaroth takes the sword. Mitsurugi takes the sword. Not every end is the sword being destroyed. the difference isn't in the plot, it's in the characters. the people change because there's no reason to change the plot. Ivy started out wanting to find the sword, but on realizing how dangerous it was, she decided to destroy it. she finds out her father is Cervantes, and that Soul Edge had intended her as a spare host. Siegfried attains SE, is controlled by it, breaks free, and vows to destroy it.
5245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/3/08

numb3rs4ndl3tt3rs wrote:



uh huh...so your issue with the game is that each character's end has a resolution? ahhh, you want to end each character with, oh, we didn't make it this time, but maybe next time we'll get it. that makes much more sense. You still haven't explained your problem with Sophitia either. if you're going to argue, would you please back up your statements?

As for the storyline being unoriginal, it's a sight better than pretty much every other fighting game out there. ooh, a big secret tournament that i'm forced to enter! and a lot of strong people are entering it! very original. And not every ending has the characters destroy a sword. i've never played Soul Blade or the original Soul Calibur, but as for SC2, Siegfried's end is that he throws the sword into a pit and stands guard to try and keep people from using it. Several evil characters take the sword and use it. In SC3, Tira's end has her possessed by the sword. One of Ivy's ending has her becoming it's next host. Lizardman doesn't destroy either sword. Astaroth takes the sword. Mitsurugi takes the sword. Not every end is the sword being destroyed. the difference isn't in the plot, it's in the characters. the people change because there's no reason to change the plot. Ivy started out wanting to find the sword, but on realizing how dangerous it was, she decided to destroy it. she finds out her father is Cervantes, and that Soul Edge had intended her as a spare host. Siegfried attains SE, is controlled by it, breaks free, and vows to destroy it.


Errr.. I didn't come here to argue. I just gave my opinion. I said Sophitia's 'ending' is really cheesy. In Soulblade, one the lines she says after you won a match is 'Oh! I'm sorry!'. How bad is that? xD

I didn't say I want an open end. Because that way it'd be the same every game. So it wouldn't really change anything. It's just a bit cheap to use the same story in every game. The makers could think of something new. I don't want to compare SC to games like Tekken, because I know they're very alike. But why can't SC be the first game like that, to actually have a good story - in each volume?

Really. SC is one of my favorite games. So I don't really understand why you're acting like this. I love this game a lot, but still I can see it's flaws.
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 5/3/08
it would be a great anime if they did it like the 1st Street Fighter movie or the Fatal Fury Movies and just focus on a few main characters. the game has a strong story already and it would not be hard to tell it in a short to mid length anime 13-50 episode or so
Posted 5/3/08

Hitoli wrote:


numb3rs4ndl3tt3rs wrote:



Errr.. I didn't come here to argue. I just gave my opinion. I said Sophitia's 'ending' is really cheesy. In Soulblade, one the lines she says after you won a match is 'Oh! I'm sorry!'. How bad is that? xD

I didn't say I want an open end. Because that way it'd be the same every game. So it wouldn't really change anything. It's just a bit cheap to use the same story in every game. The makers could think of something new. I don't want to compare SC to games like Tekken, because I know they're very alike. But why can't SC be the first game like that, to actually have a good story - in each volume?

Really. SC is one of my favorite games. So I don't really understand why you're acting like this. I love this game a lot, but still I can see it's flaws.


............



Who ARE you??? they should have a new story every game? then how is it even a sequel? I don't see how Tekken is anything like SC, other than it's a fighting game. its flaw is a consistant story? Ah, Soul Calibur 4! without its namesake! That makes sense!

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.