First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Who's into Cosplay?
Posted 12/10/07
Most cosplayers are socially inept rejects. They disturb me when i see them in public parading around like morons.

And they barely ever even remotely resemble the characters they are trying to portray!

Trevor (OP)
219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Cebu City, Cebu
Offline
Posted 12/10/07
I am not participating in any cosplay but i do wear some of the anime's attire im my everyday life...

like L in Deathnote

(batman.. it's not counter though coz its no anime)

ryu in street fighter

and

uchiha sasuke of naruto
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Sydney
Offline
Posted 12/10/07

kyocool wrote:

Most cosplayers are socially inept rejects. They disturb me when i see them in public parading around like morons.

And they barely ever even remotely resemble the characters they are trying to portray!

Trevor (OP)


Funny, then, that somehow you know that they're trying to portray a character that they barely "even remotely resemble".
12554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / http://www.crunch...
Offline
Posted 12/10/07

xmoongirlx wrote:

Well I've never been to one(but I'm dying to).I don't really know how to sew so good T_T soooo no cosplay 4 now.What about you guys??? Do you have pics??


im so not into it but tho i enjoy watching anime~
8306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / s'pore
Offline
Posted 12/10/07
Well , i have the costume of venom ( from guilty gear) that i wore last year when our country sudenly brought up a cosplay event. Won a consolation prize... bout 6 place =D
12554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / http://www.crunch...
Offline
Posted 12/10/07

ll-Shota-ll wrote:

Well , i have the costume of venom ( from guilty gear) that i wore last year when our country sudenly brought up a cosplay event. Won a consolation prize... bout 6 place =D


congrats
8306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / s'pore
Offline
Posted 12/10/07

ConRong wrote:


ll-Shota-ll wrote:

Well , i have the costume of venom ( from guilty gear) that i wore last year when our country sudenly brought up a cosplay event. Won a consolation prize... bout 6 place =D


congrats


thanks i guess... the prize wasn't that huge anyway.. $50 voucher to a cafe.

12554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / http://www.crunch...
Offline
Posted 12/10/07

ll-Shota-ll wrote:


ConRong wrote:


ll-Shota-ll wrote:

Well , i have the costume of venom ( from guilty gear) that i wore last year when our country sudenly brought up a cosplay event. Won a consolation prize... bout 6 place =D


congrats


thanks i guess... the prize wasn't that huge anyway.. $50 voucher to a cafe.


but you get to drink some nice expinveses 50 bucks cafe ^_~

Posted 12/10/07

silverharmony wrote:


kyocool wrote:

Most cosplayers are socially inept rejects. They disturb me when i see them in public parading around like morons.

And they barely ever even remotely resemble the characters they are trying to portray!

Trevor (OP)


Funny, then, that somehow you know that they're trying to portray a character that they barely "even remotely resemble".


Actually it's pretty easy really. Despite your smart ass remark.

Say someone with a Naruto leaf headband shows up...i might not know who the hell they are but i know they are trying to portray someone from Naruto.

Not to mention Asian cosplay stylings are fairly easy to pick out in a group of normal people.

Crazy blue. red or pink hair, Over sized weapons, elaborate clothes.

Trevor (OP)
12554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / http://www.crunch...
Offline
Posted 12/10/07

kyocool wrote:


silverharmony wrote:


kyocool wrote:

Most cosplayers are socially inept rejects. They disturb me when i see them in public parading around like morons.

And they barely ever even remotely resemble the characters they are trying to portray!

Trevor (OP)


Funny, then, that somehow you know that they're trying to portray a character that they barely "even remotely resemble".


Actually it's pretty easy really. Despite your smart ass remark.

Say someone with a Naruto leaf headband shows up...i might not know who the hell they are but i know they are trying to portray someone from Naruto.

Not to mention Asian cosplay stylings are fairly easy to pick out in a group of normal people.

Crazy blue. red or pink hair, Over sized weapons, elaborate clothes.

Trevor (OP)


i repeat (yes im being stupid) i like your old avatar
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Sydney
Offline
Posted 12/10/07

kyocool wrote:

Actually it's pretty easy really. Despite your smart ass remark.

Say someone with a Naruto leaf headband shows up...i might not know who the hell they are but i know they are trying to portray someone from Naruto.

Not to mention Asian cosplay stylings are fairly easy to pick out in a group of normal people.

Crazy blue. red or pink hair, Over sized weapons, elaborate clothes.

Trevor (OP)



'Smart ass remark'? Now now, is that any way to speak to a girl? *Winks*

Also, regarding your comment "someone with a Naruto leaf headband shows up...i might not know who the hell they are but i know they are trying to portray someone from Naruto" ---> how do you know that they barely "even remotely resemble" the Naruto character they're trying to portray if, as you say, you "might not know who the hell they are"? ;)

But, talk to me. I'm curious (cosplay-haters fascinate me; fan practices and fandom culture always brings about remarkably interesting wank). What if it's not Naruto, which is recognizable by the leaf headbands? What if it's a character with a non-uniformic costume?

If someone did closely resemble the character that they were cosplaying as, would you think that they still look like morons?




ll-Shota-ll wrote:

Well , i have the costume of venom ( from guilty gear) that i wore last year when our country sudenly brought up a cosplay event. Won a consolation prize... bout 6 place =D


Congrats!
61 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 12/10/07
I wouldn't cosplay if someone payed me...maybe.
21869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Sleepy Land
Offline
Posted 12/10/07
It would be good to get to some places and find the Ohran High School uniform~
4111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 12/10/07
I never have, but I might try it someday.
12554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / http://www.crunch...
Offline
Posted 12/10/07

JpAnim4 wrote:

I never have, but I might try it someday.


buying one or making one yourself?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.