First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
The 2nd Amendment
1322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
^^^^^^^

I fixed my post, reread it and reQUOTE IT!

Just saying, the media only covers the bad, and not the good.
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

skygod333 wrote:


zaftmobilesuitaaron wrote:

do u think that people should have the right to keep arms in there house i found a statistic that said that alot of deaths ( accidental and planned) are caused by this. I think that this admendemnt to the constutuion provieds protection to crimminals


idiots, if you say guns kill people, you are stupid and dont deserve to even say the word gun. guns dont kill people. people kill people with guns. this doesnt apply to criminals: convicts cant vote, own guns and a bunch of other things if endeited on federal charges. People who fuck up or dont know how to handle guns get hurt. youre a fag if you can fuck up like that. not as in a gay slur but as in youre a fucking retarded fag. if you cant handle a firearm safely, fuck off and dont touch them. there are 12 hour courses that teach firearm safety and then liscensing and registration and all sorts of shit that make sure you know your shit. if you think all guns should be turned in, youre a fag because outlaws wont turn theirs in so why make a good civilian turn his in? oh wait you dont since crime rate would skyrocket.


gun control isn't safety - it's the illusion of safety.

ever wonder why prisons have revolving doors for perpetrators of violent crimes, but the government wants to keep law abiding citizens from purchasing firearms? if safety from crime was the goal, there would be harsher sentences for repeat offenders. but there isn't.

politicians like crime, it gives them something to rant about how they'll fix when they have a camera in front of them. it's the manufactured need for control. look what happened when firearms were banned in england - gun crime sored, and they had to arm the bobbies with something other than nightsticks for the first time ever i beleive.

firearm ownership isn't just self defense from criminals either, it's also about self defense from their own government. look at the history of modern totalitarian regimes - among the first things to go is firearm ownership rights

also, look what happened in new orleans - the absolute collapse of law and order. would you really want to be without a firearm when armed criminals are wandering the streets, killing and looting, while there is no government in sight to help?

no thank you, i'll hang on to my firearm. you can put your full trust in the government.
57 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / U.S.
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

Mondo09 wrote:
I just can't remember any time at all, that someone defended himself with a gun. .


yeah you dont hear much about it
the real purpose though is just the threat that someone might have a gun
farm houses dont get broken into because criminals know those people have guns and will defend themselves with them.

also its worth pointing out that the second amendments purpose is somewhat about allowing citizens to raise militias and defend the country against invaders

an american insurgency would very well equipped if another country tried to occupy us
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
I can fucking swear like a fucking retarded fucker trying to fucking push my fucking agenda coz i fucking can't fucking reason with fucking other people without fucking using fucking. -Skygod chronicles

By the way, swearing doesn't provide emphasis, all it does is highlight you're lack of vocab which undermines your intelligence. Hence as soon as you get into cursing mode, people will only laugh at you and disregard your opinions.

On this topic, you have been vehemently arguing that guns don't kill people, but the person does. That may be true, but consider how having a gun, will make killing so much easier and thus increasing the chances of murder or manslaughter.

But, have you ever considered this: What kind of savage and barbaric society, requires a gun JUST so that it's citizens can be safe? What kind of society implements laws that basically allows criminals to freely purchase the weapon they're going to use against the law? What kind of society tries to justify that everyone carrying a gun will be safer? (don't even bother trying to argue this point because no one's as naive as some :phew:). The bottom line is, in a functioning society, where people are civilised and respectable, guns is pointless. So maybe the real solution for you, is not buying a gun, but moving to a place where people are not like barbarians of the dark ages. And the thing about blasting some guy with a shotgun because you met an armed criminal who's going to shoot your face, um if that's actually going to happen... get out of your country, it sounds like a shit hole not suitable for living.
1322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

coreyb49127 wrote:

i beleive very highly in the statement

"Guns Don't Kill People, People Kill People"

i dam sure know a gun does not have the ability to fire by itself, ive had my shotgun for over 6 years and it hasnt killed anyone. Ya know Y? cause i have no intent to kill someone. As for my M16 well yea maybe one day


And no one will attempt to hurt Corey or his family, because they don't wanna get shot. This is why I support guns.
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

coreyb49127 wrote:

i beleive very highly in the statement

"Guns Don't Kill People, People Kill People"

i dam sure know a gun does not have the ability to fire by itself, ive had my shotgun for over 6 years and it hasnt killed anyone. Ya know Y? cause i have no intent to kill someone. As for my M16 well yea maybe one day


It says you live in Japan, it's illegal to have guns in Japan...or did they change this?
Or maybe you aren't living in Japan.
1322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

Mondo09 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

The right to bear arms is the second amendment. They gave us this amendment for a reason, to protect ourselves. When I become of age, I'm getting a license to carry a gun, simple as that. If they were to take this amendment away, the only people who are going to be hurt, are the law abiding citizens. Criminals will always have ways to get a hold on weapons. Taking this amendment away, would only make citizens vulnerable. Ever hear why people in the country don't get robbed? Because we all have GUNS and DOGS.


70633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

skygod333 wrote:

stupid people like you lazypower make me wanna have you thrown in prison in solitary confinement for eternity.


Serous business this.

Also, that is entirely disproportionate.

So to everyone that owns a gun "because it's your right" are you a well-regulated Militia?
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
oh ic, ye that explains it
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

echo123456 wrote:
On this topic, you have been vehemently arguing that guns don't kill people, but the person does. That may be true, but consider how having a gun, will make killing so much easier and thus increasing the chances of murder or manslaughter.

But, have you ever considered this: What kind of savage and barbaric society, requires a gun JUST so that it's citizens can be safe? What kind of society implements laws that basically allows criminals to freely purchase the weapon they're going to use against the law? What kind of society tries to justify that everyone carrying a gun will be safer? (don't even bother trying to argue this point because no one's as naive as some :phew:). The bottom line is, in a functioning society, where people are civilised and respectable, guns is pointless. So maybe the real solution for you, is not buying a gun, but moving to a place where people are not like barbarians of the dark ages. And the thing about blasting some guy with a shotgun because you met an armed criminal who's going to shoot your face, um if that's actually going to happen... get out of your country, it sounds like a shit hole not suitable for living.


the problem is your concept requires an ideal enlightened society - and i agree, if we all lived in sir thomas moore's utopia, there wouldn't be a need for firearms. but we don't. humans are imperfect and (guess what) barbaric in nature.

also, the key word is LEGALLY purchasing a firearm. criminals will always be able to obtain firearms regardless of the laws (like how i mentioned violent crime has increased in england since firearms were banned), all gun control does is keep firearms out of law abiding citizen's hands.
1322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

azrael910 wrote:


skygod333 wrote:


zaftmobilesuitaaron wrote:

do u think that people should have the right to keep arms in there house i found a statistic that said that alot of deaths ( accidental and planned) are caused by this. I think that this admendemnt to the constutuion provieds protection to crimminals


idiots, if you say guns kill people, you are stupid and dont deserve to even say the word gun. guns dont kill people. people kill people with guns. this doesnt apply to criminals: convicts cant vote, own guns and a bunch of other things if endeited on federal charges. People who fuck up or dont know how to handle guns get hurt. youre a fag if you can fuck up like that. not as in a gay slur but as in youre a fucking retarded fag. if you cant handle a firearm safely, fuck off and dont touch them. there are 12 hour courses that teach firearm safety and then liscensing and registration and all sorts of shit that make sure you know your shit. if you think all guns should be turned in, youre a fag because outlaws wont turn theirs in so why make a good civilian turn his in? oh wait you dont since crime rate would skyrocket.


gun control isn't safety - it's the illusion of safety.

ever wonder why prisons have revolving doors for perpetrators of violent crimes, but the government wants to keep law abiding citizens from purchasing firearms? if safety from crime was the goal, there would be harsher sentences for repeat offenders. but there isn't.

politicians like crime, it gives them something to rant about how they'll fix when they have a camera in front of them. it's the manufactured need for control. look what happened when firearms were banned in england - gun crime sored, and they had to arm the bobbies with something other than nightsticks for the first time ever i beleive.

firearm ownership isn't just self defense from criminals either, it's also about self defense from their own government. look at the history of modern totalitarian regimes - among the first thing to go is firearm ownership rights

also, look what happened in new orleans - they absolute collapse of law and order. would you really want to be without a firearm when armed criminals are wandering the streets, killing and looting, while there is no government in sight to help?

no thank you, i'll hang on to my firearm. you can put your full trust in the government.


azrael910 just spoke 100% truth, and it's what I should of typed. You amazed me azrael910!
70633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

coreyb49127 wrote:

to tyrifin

I am a Marine does that count maybe?


...Not really, you can't be a militia by your self.

"A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The idea is that the US government won't make a law that prevents the states recruiting their own army to guard against repression from the state. If the Government oppressed people using the army then states can muster their own to fight back.

Or that's how it was explained in my consti course.

As the wiki page states it stems form the obligation for subjects to bear arms in defence of the nation.
57 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / U.S.
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

echo123456 wrote:


But, have you ever considered this: What kind of savage and barbaric society, requires a gun JUST so that it's citizens can be safe? What kind of society implements laws that basically allows criminals to freely purchase the weapon they're going to use against the law? What kind of society tries to justify that everyone carrying a gun will be safer? (don't even bother trying to argue this point because no one's as naive as some :phew:). The bottom line is, in a functioning society, where people are civilised and respectable, guns is pointless. So maybe the real solution for you, is not buying a gun, but moving to a place where people are not like barbarians of the dark ages.


there is no country on this earth that isn't defended by guns
criminals are not allowed to legally purchase guns
and in the hypothetical crime free place that you talk about wouldnt it be ok for people to have guns, since everyone is so civilized and respectablel surely you wouldnt have to worry about murder then right?
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 11/15/07

Tyrfing wrote:


coreyb49127 wrote:

to tyrifin

I am a Marine does that count maybe?


...Not really, you can't be a militia by your self.

"A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The idea is that the US government won't make a law that prevents the states recruiting their own army to guard against repression from the state. If the Government oppressed people using the army then states can muster their own to fight back.

Or that's how it was explained in my consti course.


Let's take a look at it instead regurgitating what your professor told you.

"A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Those look like two separate things to me. One statement regarding the right to to utilize a militia, and the other of a citizen's right to keep and bare arms. Since they both involve self defense, it's not unusual they're in the same ammendment. Notice how it says "the people" and not "the state regulated militia."

If that's not good enough for you, let's take a look at one of the original founding father's thoughts on the matter.

""Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man"

- Thomas Jefferson
1322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/07
^^^^^ You really know your stuff man. I'm also noticing no one trying to argue with you.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.