First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Scientology Story time
34431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / lolwhut
Offline
Posted 5/27/08

Joliame wrote:


draw160 wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


draw160 wrote:

yeah your right.i admit im a bit prejudice towards christians but i don't know enough about muslims to say anything.my best friends are both christian and they don't know im atheist because they both assume i'm christian like them.i remember one day Emily called the Bible a storybook by accident(i did too)so she quickly prayed an apology i guess and she got mad(only a bit)that i didn't apologize to god.i simply answered "so".im trying to be more open.now i say"you have your beleifs I have mine,but we are both people"


Well, I’m glad you’re being open minded, it really means a lot to me. People are naturally prejudice, and I don’t fault you for being slightly leery of religious people. I’ve written it before and I’ll write it again. People are leery of religious people because of religious people-and mind you, I’m a Christian. Christians gave Christianity a bad name-not atheists, so if I want to get mad it’s not going to be at the atheists for stereotyping us, but rather the ignorant Christians for breeding those stereotypes.


As far as calling the bible a story-book…isn’t it just that? Maybe a divinely inspired story book, but a story book none the less.




it means alot to me that you respect us and treat us with equality. It gives me hope that someday Christians will become better towards us. I don't like it how people think the Bible isn't a story book, when it's filled with stories like some of those though. The fact you agree also gives me hope.


Hm, this seems interesting. A story-book? Never mind the fact i'm an Atheist, but calling the Bible a story (a divine "super" story) seems.... Well, i'll just say that i can understand how other Christians would find that disrespectful. But along the lines of you two, i sometimes think of myself as a open-mind oriented person.

Such as: I may not believe in God, and i my sneer at some beliefs, but i still hope that i'm wrong. I sometimes hope there is a God, because at least someone will have all the answers. I hope, but i don't have faith in it.


i hope god is there too...so i can ask him what did i do wrong...what happened that day...but i dont want to go to heaven. it will suffocate me. all the nice-ness and being close to perfect...
Member
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/30/08

draw160 wrote:

it means alot to me that you respect us and treat us with equality.It gives me hope that someday Christians will become better towards us.I don;t like it how people think the Bible isn;t a story book, when it's filled with stories.I like some of those though.The fact you agree also gives me hope.


Well, just because I believe a story is true doesn’t mean it’s not a story. I understand where another Christian may let the connotation of that term, “story book,” offend them-but you obviously didn’t intend it as an insult so I really don’t find offence to it. I’m glad to give hope, as a Christian that’s actually something I aim to do with my life. XD, who would’ve though I’d do it here?

Just remember that there are countless Christians in this world who aren’t ignorant and narrow minded. I’m only one of them.
34431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / lolwhut
Offline
Posted 5/30/08

SeraphAlford wrote:


draw160 wrote:

it means alot to me that you respect us and treat us with equality.It gives me hope that someday Christians will become better towards us.I don;t like it how people think the Bible isn;t a story book, when it's filled with stories.I like some of those though.The fact you agree also gives me hope.


Well, just because I believe a story is true doesn’t mean it’s not a story. I understand where another Christian may let the connotation of that term, “story book,” offend them-but you obviously didn’t intend it as an insult so I really don’t find offence to it. I’m glad to give hope, as a Christian that’s actually something I aim to do with my life. XD, who would’ve though I’d do it here?

Just remember that there are countless Christians in this world who aren’t ignorant and narrow minded. I’m only one of them.


okay i'll try ^_^
Moderator
1783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/30/08

draw160 wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


draw160 wrote:

it means alot to me that you respect us and treat us with equality.It gives me hope that someday Christians will become better towards us.I don;t like it how people think the Bible isn;t a story book, when it's filled with stories.I like some of those though.The fact you agree also gives me hope.


Well, just because I believe a story is true doesn’t mean it’s not a story. I understand where another Christian may let the connotation of that term, “story book,” offend them-but you obviously didn’t intend it as an insult so I really don’t find offence to it. I’m glad to give hope, as a Christian that’s actually something I aim to do with my life. XD, who would’ve though I’d do it here?

Just remember that there are countless Christians in this world who aren’t ignorant and narrow minded. I’m only one of them.


okay i'll try ^_^


As i have mentioned before my little town is a hotbed of christian activity, and i have to say after 15 years worth of living here i've largely come to terms and a general understand on how most of them work. And there five easy rules when speaking to a christian that i've come across, that you don't break and everything will be fine. They are as follows (remember these are not real rules and for entertainment purposes only).

1) Never say the phrase "not-ah" or "bullshit" or anything else that can pertain to "you're full of (insert word here).

2) Never laugh after the name (or word) God. It will never fair well.

3) Never say that "God works in mysterious" is a other answer for "I don't know".

4) Never say Jesus was cuter as a baby than an adult.

5) Never assume that you're right. Most of the time speaking to a Christian about God is much like trying to argue with your spouse. It could go on for ever with no clear winner. But in the end both parties will believe they were right and have two different stories to tell to each of their interested parties.

The amazing part is i have broken three of the five rules here in this forum and so far Seraph you have stuck it out. Taking each of my breach of the rules in stride. So thanks for being open.

34431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / lolwhut
Offline
Posted 5/30/08

Joliame wrote:


draw160 wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


draw160 wrote:

it means alot to me that you respect us and treat us with equality.It gives me hope that someday Christians will become better towards us.I don;t like it how people think the Bible isn;t a story book, when it's filled with stories.I like some of those though.The fact you agree also gives me hope.


Well, just because I believe a story is true doesn’t mean it’s not a story. I understand where another Christian may let the connotation of that term, “story book,” offend them-but you obviously didn’t intend it as an insult so I really don’t find offence to it. I’m glad to give hope, as a Christian that’s actually something I aim to do with my life. XD, who would’ve though I’d do it here?

Just remember that there are countless Christians in this world who aren’t ignorant and narrow minded. I’m only one of them.


okay i'll try ^_^


As i have mentioned before my little town is a hotbed of christian activity, and i have to say after 15 years worth of living here i've largely come to terms and a general understand on how most of them work. And there five easy rules when speaking to a christian that i've come across, that you don't break and everything will be fine. They are as follows (remember these are not real rules and for entertainment purposes only).

1) Never say the phrase "not-ah" or "bullshit" or anything else that can pertain to "you're full of (insert word here).

2) Never laugh after the name (or word) God. It will never fair well.

3) Never say that "God works in mysterious" is a other answer for "I don't know".

4) Never say Jesus was cuter as a baby than an adult.

5) Never assume that you're right. Most of the time speaking to a Christian about God is much like trying to argue with your spouse. It could go on for ever with no clear winner. But in the end both parties will believe they were right and have two different stories to tell to each of their interested parties.

The amazing part is i have broken three of the five rules here in this forum and so far Seraph you have stuck it out. Taking each of my breach of the rules in stride. So thanks for being open.



i break #1 a lot.........
Member
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/08

Joliame wrote:


As i have mentioned before my little town is a hotbed of christian activity, and i have to say after 15 years worth of living here i've largely come to terms and a general understand on how most of them work. And there five easy rules when speaking to a christian that i've come across, that you don't break and everything will be fine. They are as follows (remember these are not real rules and for entertainment purposes only).

1) Never say the phrase "not-ah" or "bullshit" or anything else that can pertain to "you're full of (insert word here).

2) Never laugh after the name (or word) God. It will never fair well.

3) Never say that "God works in mysterious" is a other answer for "I don't know".

4) Never say Jesus was cuter as a baby than an adult.

5) Never assume that you're right. Most of the time speaking to a Christian about God is much like trying to argue with your spouse. It could go on for ever with no clear winner. But in the end both parties will believe they were right and have two different stories to tell to each of their interested parties.

The amazing part is i have broken three of the five rules here in this forum and so far Seraph you have stuck it out. Taking each of my breach of the rules in stride. So thanks for being open.




LOL@#4.com! That was absolutely entertaining! Well, you've never really offended me that I can think of. *Shrug* I've broken one, two, three, and five-and intend to break number four at the next appropriate time. Glad you think I'm open though.. XD *Bonding*
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.