First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Are humans evil?
486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / British Columbia,...
Offline
Posted 10/31/07

1qwf wrote:

We use animals to do experiments, such as finding cure for some illnesses, this is cruel, but on the whole, we humans are trying to improve our lives by finding new methods to cure certain illnesses.


better thn doing cruel expirements for the better of others on another human every life isnt equal animals come after us

7350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
I think not. Humans were born neither good nor evil. Humans become evil because of the environment beside him and some events that might have a negative effect on him.Besides even if a person is good he still has some evil thoughts inside him. No human mind is pure.
20336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Lost for now
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
i won't say we are evil
but i guess i would say tat we are all selfish
801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
Some are evil....
954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / San Diego, CA.
Offline
Posted 10/31/07

_DaboinextdoorSed wrote:

I think not. Humans were born neither good nor evil. Humans become evil because of the environment beside him and some events that might have a negative effect on him.Besides even if a person is good he still has some evil thoughts inside him. No human mind is pure.


Even Mother Terrassa had dirty thoughts about the pastor.

4069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / On Top Of My Bed
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
we indeed are evil !! nyahahaha
2652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/31/07

Apothem wrote:


_DaboinextdoorSed wrote:

I think not. Humans were born neither good nor evil. Humans become evil because of the environment beside him and some events that might have a negative effect on him.Besides even if a person is good he still has some evil thoughts inside him. No human mind is pure.


Even Mother Terrassa had dirty thoughts about the pastor.



I'm gonna hurl now...
7350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/31/07

Apothem wrote:


_DaboinextdoorSed wrote:

I think not. Humans were born neither good nor evil. Humans become evil because of the environment beside him and some events that might have a negative effect on him.Besides even if a person is good he still has some evil thoughts inside him. No human mind is pure.


Even Mother Terrassa had dirty thoughts about the pastor.


~Lol,seriously that was gross!!!

335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
This is a difficult question to answer...But i'll give my opinion.

I Believe, like many of you have already posted, that we aren't born evil. A baby isn't born with bad thoughts (Like murdering, Rape, Stealing, Lying, etc...) and a baby isn't born with good thoughts either ( you all should know how those are, i hope). Since a baby doesn't know what's what. Those thought only eneter a persons head as he/she grows up. It's our sorroundings, family, friends. Basically everything around us. It all influences us and molds our hearts. I doubt that we are all evil. Sure, we all have bad thoughts, but that's alright. No one in this world, now, has ever had just pure thoughts. lol Only your actions can define you. Basically your choices. It's peoples choices that make them bad or good. You have the freewill to choose. Everyone choses the path they walk, either a dark one or a bright one.

510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / The Little House...
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
Yes, definitely Evil.
1493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
Ahh, are humans evil..... Hmm.... If you look at Socrates, he says that "Evil is carried out by ignorance, but we are all inherently essence of good" and I agree with him
2920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / .under the midnig...
Offline
Posted 10/31/07

hq145 wrote:


Apothem wrote:


hq145 wrote:

Evil is a human conception. Humans are neither good nor evil, but rather label themselves and their actions as such in order to maintain order. It's an ever changing definition and therefore can not be considered inherent.


Agreed. We accept the fact that lions kill each other over being leader of a pact. Yet we consider it evil when humans kill each other. Heck it's good thing, we have over populated this earth. Our ethics define what is evil or not.


Exactly. Most every action we consider evil today can be found somewhere in nature. And most every evil was not so 500 or more years ago. (like child labor, slavery, beating women and smoking around children)


totally agree?! human have their dark sides which makes them human and real.. in our little ways we become evil.. however, the 'evil' is a very heavy word.. most of the time, humans are just plain selfish.. but i believe it's okei.. the problem is keeping that selfishness in control..
Posted 10/31/07
I don't believe humans are innately evil or born evil. But that does not mean to say that humans cannot become evil, we certainly can. The enviornment we grow up in and our experiences in life, are what ultimately molds a person to be evil. Unless they are just like sick minded or something :|
6860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Pluto
Offline
Posted 10/31/07

forgotten_melody wrote:


hq145 wrote:


Apothem wrote:


hq145 wrote:

Evil is a human conception. Humans are neither good nor evil, but rather label themselves and their actions as such in order to maintain order. It's an ever changing definition and therefore can not be considered inherent.


Agreed. We accept the fact that lions kill each other over being leader of a pact. Yet we consider it evil when humans kill each other. Heck it's good thing, we have over populated this earth. Our ethics define what is evil or not.


Exactly. Most every action we consider evil today can be found somewhere in nature. And most every evil was not so 500 or more years ago. (like child labor, slavery, beating women and smoking around children)


totally agree?! human have their dark sides which makes them human and real.. in our little ways we become evil.. however, the 'evil' is a very heavy word.. most of the time, humans are just plain selfish.. but i believe it's okei.. the problem is keeping that selfishness in control..


*chuckles* What are you saying? You don't agree. I say that evil is subjective and in fact doesn't really exist in any state of perpetuation. You say that evil is learned and that it is often confused with selfishness. Those are two entirely different schools of thought.
69116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / i like to move it...
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
lol what a weird question. i guess we all are evil in a way
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.