First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
the world is gettin sicker
1201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / new york
Offline
Posted 4/23/08 , edited 4/23/08

CounterClockwise wrote:

I don't see how the world is getting "sicker."

Nowadays, due to proper education, there are less "sicker" things going on. For example, cannibalism occurs much less nowadays.


It is getting steadily worse. Technological progress is concealing the fact that almost every other institution is declining and failing the people. All of the scientific and technological changes, which are touted as advances, are not entirely positive. Modern weaponry can hardly be thought of as a testament to an advanced civilization.Take for example the shooting at virginia tech. Had he not been supplied with the technology of a pistol, the outcome of the massacre would have been very different.

Take a look at the poverty levels of third world countries. Think about the myraid of diseases that may not be treatable in third world countries b/c they dont have the proper medical treatments <-- this is sad because lately people have not been going into the medical professions for the right reasons. If doctors really believed in the intrinsic value of their jobs, then why wont they go to third world countries where help is needed more than in developed countries such as America.

Think about numerous sex scandals that are occuring in this generation. The Spitzer scandal in particular b/c it demonstrates the level of corruption that our present world is at. Spitzer was the [Attorney General].... he knew everything about the law and what would happen if you were caught. Yet he still succumbed. These are only the tid bits.

Global warming has continued to be a growing threat to our society. The effects can be seen in the temperature differences between the previous years. This can be largely attributed to pollution as a major cause. And guess who causes the pollution: us! Think about how many people own cars. But recently, people have obtained the mindset of not caring. "i dont care" one says.."As long as it doesnt affect me " ....grow up.. learn to see the bigger picture that its not for you... its for the following generations to come.

Think about the mass genocides that have occured and are occuring. The armenian genocide 1,500,000 deaths. Nanking massacre 300,000 deaths. Holocaust 6,000,000 deaths. Pol Pot (cambodia) 2,000,000 deaths. Rwanda genocide 800,000 deaths. Bosnia Genocide 200,000 deaths. Even now the Darfur genocide (source: A 21 September 2006 article by the official UN News Service stated that "UN officials estimate over 400,000 people have lost their lives and some 2 million more have been driven from their homes."[62] However, the UN disclosed on April 22, 2008 that it might have underestimated the Darfur death toll by nearly 50 percent.[63

Elie wiesel's true account in the holocaust: "Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed. Never shall i forget the smoke. Never shall I forget the little faces of the children, whose bodies i saw turned into wreaths of smoke beneath silent blue sky. Never shall i forget those flames which consumed my faith forever. Never shall i forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of my desire to live. Never shall i forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust,. Never shall i forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God himself. Never."

oh the world is definetly getting worse.
Posted 4/23/08

ureter wrote:


CounterClockwise wrote:

I don't see how the world is getting "sicker."

Nowadays, due to proper education, there are less "sicker" things going on. For example, cannibalism occurs much less nowadays.


It is getting steadily worse. Technological progress is concealing the fact that almost every other institution is declining and failing the people. All of the scientific and technological changes, which are touted as advances, are not entirely positive. Modern weaponry can hardly be thought of as a testament to an advanced civilization.Take for example the shooting at virginia tech. Had he not been supplied with the technology of a pistol, the outcome of the massacre would have been very different.

Take a look at the poverty levels of third world countries. Think about the myraid of diseases that may not be treatable in third world countries b/c they dont have the proper medical treatments <-- this is sad because lately people have not been going into the medical professions for the right reasons. If doctors really believed in the intrinsic value of their jobs, then why wont they go to third world countries where help is needed more than in developed countries such as America.

Think about numerous sex scandals that are occuring in this generation. The Spitzer scandal in particular b/c it demonstrates the level of corruption that our present world is at. Spitzer was the [Attorney General].... he knew the everything about the law and what would happen if you were caught. Yet he still succumbed. These are only the tid bits.

Global warming has continued to be a growing threat to our society. The effects can be seen in the temperature differences between the previous years. This can be largely attributed to pollution as a major cause. And guess who causes the pollution: us! Think about how many people own cars. But recently, people have obtained the mindset of not caring. "i dont care" one says.."As long as it doesnt affect me " ....grow up.. learn to see the bigger picture that its not for you... its for the following generations to come.

Think about the mass genocides that have occured and are occuring. The armenian genocide 1,500,000 deaths. Nanking massacre 300,000 deaths. Holocaust 6,000,000 deaths. Pol Pot (cambodia) 2,000,000 deaths. Rwanda genocide 800,000 deaths. Bosnia Genocide 200,000 deaths. Even now the Darfur genocide (source: A 21 September 2006 article by the official UN News Service stated that "UN officials estimate over 400,000 people have lost their lives and some 2 million more have been driven from their homes."[62] However, the UN disclosed on April 22, 2008 that it might have underestimated the Darfur death toll by nearly 50 percent.[63

Elie wiesel's true account in the holocaust: "Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed. Never shall i forget the smoke. Never shall I forget the little faces of the children, whose bodies i saw turned into wreaths of smoke beneath silent blue sky. Never shall i forget those flames which consumed my faith forever. Never shall i forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of my desire to live. Never shall i forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust,. Never shall i forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God himself. Never."

oh the world is definetly getting worse.



o m g thank u for your research i couldnt express it ny better myself

8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / california
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
i'd say the world is getting for people like hitler if all the retards are getting killed
28612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 4/23/08 , edited 4/23/08

ureter wrote:

It is getting steadily worse. Technological progress is concealing the fact that almost every other institution is declining and failing the people. All of the scientific and technological changes, which are touted as advances, are not entirely positive. Modern weaponry can hardly be thought of as a testament to an advanced civilization.Take for example the shooting at virginia tech. Had he not been supplied with the technology of a pistol, the outcome of the massacre would have been very different.


no instead he would have hacked everyone down with a sword...and a pistol isnt exactly modern technology.



Take a look at the poverty levels of third world countries. Think about the myraid of diseases that may not be treatable in third world countries b/c they dont have the proper medical treatments <-- this is sad because lately people have not been going into the medical professions for the right reasons. If doctors really believed in the intrinsic value of their jobs, then why wont they go to third world countries where help is needed more than in developed countries such as America.


fuck you we help 3rd world countires we spend BILLIONS of dollars in support of 3rd world countires not to mention the humanitarian emissions that i know for a fact America sends out when somethign catastrophic happenns....


Think about numerous sex scandals that are occuring in this generation. The Spitzer scandal in particular b/c it demonstrates the level of corruption that our present world is at. Spitzer was the [Attorney General].... he knew the everything about the law and what would happen if you were caught. Yet he still succumbed. These are only the tid bits.


could care less its human nature to be horny in the past people just didnt care now its a big deal.... the fact that people care more says something to improvement.



Global warming has continued to be a growing threat to our society. The effects can be seen in the temperature differences between the previous years. This can be largely attributed to pollution as a major cause. And guess who causes the pollution: us! Think about how many people own cars. But recently, people have obtained the mindset of not caring. "i dont care" one says.."As long as it doesnt affect me " ....grow up.. learn to see the bigger picture that its not for you... its for the following generations to come.


what the hell do you think the ice age was... the planet goes in cycles no matter what we do the planet is till going to need to clesnse its self.. there are other things than man that contribute to global warming... i.e. volcanos forest fires....



Think about the mass genocides that have occured and are occuring. The armenian genocide 1,500,000 deaths. Nanking massacre 300,000 deaths. Holocaust 6,000,000 deaths. Pol Pot (cambodia) 2,000,000 deaths. Rwanda genocide 800,000 deaths. Bosnia Genocide 200,000 deaths. Even now the Darfur genocide (source: A 21 September 2006 article by the official UN News Service stated that "UN officials estimate over 400,000 people have lost their lives and some 2 million more have been driven from their homes."[62] However, the UN disclosed on April 22, 2008 that it might have underestimated the Darfur death toll by nearly 50 percent.[63]


Elie wiesel's true account in the holocaust: "Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed. Never shall i forget the smoke. Never shall I forget the little faces of the children, whose bodies i saw turned into wreaths of smoke beneath silent blue sky. Never shall i forget those flames which consumed my faith forever. Never shall i forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of my desire to live. Never shall i forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust,. Never shall i forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God himself. Never."


and now the world cares enough to intervene when wronged before that would not have happend think of the middle ages when they killed people for even insulting a noble..... One man controled the Nazi army thats one man eveyrone else conformed for fear of their life.....


oh the world is definetly getting worse.


i disagree with you
Posted 4/23/08
Wow that's sad. Bullies picking on the weak disgusts me.
10730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Not in your closet
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
oh man.. whenever i read these kind of things.. make me sad..
2707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / US
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
i wonder about murderers, terrorists, abuser, etc and what they are thinking when they are doing harms to other people. These people have dreams, potential, family, love and why cant they take into account all these before they take their lives. WHy they have to focus on negative things while world is such a beautiful place with and many exciting things to do. Dont they have brains to think about these things?
3117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / California
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
46432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Japan
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
That's pretty bad but there have been a lot worse. There are just some messed up people but it's not like its anything new. There have been people in this world who have done things like that for centuries now. It's really sad but there's not much you can do about it
10598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 4/23/08 , edited 4/23/08

helena91 wrote:

i just was lookin at the news online and i just came across an article that sickened me



james, 22, who needs 24-hour care, has been missing since the weekend.
A body was discovered at a property in the Church Hill area of Redditch, Worcestershire, this afternoon.
Mr Hughes, who has the mental age of an 18-month-old child, and his mother, 39-year-old Heather Wardle, were reported missing from their home in Loxley Close in the Church Hill area of Redditch on Saturday.

Local teenagers found Ms Wardle's body in an area of "dense undergrowth" off Winyates Way, just minutes from the family home.

She was found on Monday with a ligature around her neck at the base of a tree, police said



the world is just gettin sicker when they picked on some1 so utterly defenceless
heres the link :



http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/04/23/two-held-for-murder-of-missing-disabled-james-hughes-after-body-is-found-89520-20392646/


were not perfect...the worlds not perfect but,that's what makes it so damn beautiful. we all do something that we live to regret. unforgettable things,unspeakable things,things that we carry with us until we die. what this person, or persons did is one of the worst sins of humanity. that young man was a lamb of God. he knew nothing of the world's evils,and cruelties. only we the individuals may determine our actions as human beings ;but, though we must live with our sins...we are often not the only ones who suffer. when a loved one dies it often causes the one who loved him or her eventually despise,and resent the way that there life was taken. for every action you commit there is an equal ,and opposite reaction; whether it be good,or bad change will always occur.

"Whenever something is gained, something is always lost. It's difficult to live after something like that. What is lost will never return. Important things, irreplaceable things, but what is needed to keep those things is in the firm will packed into one bullet. Man knows, he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks, and that nothing will change, unless he moves." Trigun preview for episode 4

3053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Box
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
It could have been worse.
28612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
CC you pretty much restated everythign i said

side note: Cmon: phot shop me an avatar
1201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / new york
Offline
Posted 4/23/08 , edited 4/23/08

clocut wrote:


ureter wrote:

It is getting steadily worse. Technological progress is concealing the fact that almost every other institution is declining and failing the people. All of the scientific and technological changes, which are touted as advances, are not entirely positive. Modern weaponry can hardly be thought of as a testament to an advanced civilization.Take for example the shooting at virginia tech. Had he not been supplied with the technology of a pistol, the outcome of the massacre would have been very different.


no instead he would have hacked everyone down with a sword...and a pistol isnt exactly modern technology.

He wouldnt have killed as many people with a sword as he did with a gun...and he sure as hell wouldnt have been able to conceal a fking sword...oh yes the results would have been totally different if he had a sword... people can run away from swords... not from bullets. This leads to the point i made previously...of how new technology can provide negative effects.


Take a look at the poverty levels of third world countries. Think about the myraid of diseases that may not be treatable in third world countries b/c they dont have the proper medical treatments <-- this is sad because lately people have not been going into the medical professions for the right reasons. If doctors really believed in the intrinsic value of their jobs, then why wont they go to third world countries where help is needed more than in developed countries such as America.


fuck you we help 3rd world countires we spend BILLIONS of dollars in support of 3rd world countires not to mention the humanitarian emissions that i know for a fact America sends out when somethign catastrophic happenns....

do you have any idea of how that money is used? You would think that third world countries would be fine with all the charity organizations' donations as well as philanthropists' donatations. Sadly, the rate of poverty is increasing faster than the rate at which we can prevent it.......... Okay so there are alot of humanitarian programs that try to help people in third world countries. Do you have any idea of how many people are in poverty? if you put the number of humanitarians trying to prevent poverty over the number of people in poverty... the number might as well be 0


Think about numerous sex scandals that are occuring in this generation. The Spitzer scandal in particular b/c it demonstrates the level of corruption that our present world is at. Spitzer was the [Attorney General].... he knew the everything about the law and what would happen if you were caught. Yet he still succumbed. These are only the tid bits.


could care less its human nature to be horny in the past people just didnt care now its a big deal.... the fact that people care more says something to improvement.

do understand why its a big deal? He used our tax money to pay for a prostitute thats worth 450,000 an hour. This is the people's tax money that he is using. Everyones tax money. Are you joking me? hes the governor of my state and this is what he does?. Are you using man's nature to be horny as an okay for this scandal? ridiculous.....buddy u have it the other way around....people in the past cared (read the scarlet letter) .... people dont care now --> look at her myspace.. look at the people telling her oh its okay hunny just keep doing your thing. Now prostitutes from that prostitution organization are coming out to catch as much publicity as they can. And your tellling me that this is improving the world.


Global warming has continued to be a growing threat to our society. The effects can be seen in the temperature differences between the previous years. This can be largely attributed to pollution as a major cause. And guess who causes the pollution: us! Think about how many people own cars. But recently, people have obtained the mindset of not caring. "i dont care" one says.."As long as it doesnt affect me " ....grow up.. learn to see the bigger picture that its not for you... its for the following generations to come.


what the hell do you think the ice age was... the planet goes in cycles no matter what we do the planet is till going to need to clesnse its self.. there are other things than man that contribute to global warming... i.e. volcanos forest fires....

Are you still thinking that that this is one of the many cycles this earth is going through? You have got to be fking joking me. Dude read the fking news and get upto date. Global warming has already been announced as an problematic issue. Ignorant people who continue to still believe that this is one of the earth's many cycles are deluded. Have you not heard ...have you not seen? Open your mind or are u still going to believe that the earth is always gonna cleanse itself and that global warming is a no "biggie"
skeptics such as your self believe that people who believe in global warming are "fear mongoring" .... no we are not fear mongoring but instead facing a honest reality.



Think about the mass genocides that have occured and are occuring. The armenian genocide 1,500,000 deaths. Nanking massacre 300,000 deaths. Holocaust 6,000,000 deaths. Pol Pot (cambodia) 2,000,000 deaths. Rwanda genocide 800,000 deaths. Bosnia Genocide 200,000 deaths. Even now the Darfur genocide (source: A 21 September 2006 article by the official UN News Service stated that "UN officials estimate over 400,000 people have lost their lives and some 2 million more have been driven from their homes."[62] However, the UN disclosed on April 22, 2008 that it might have underestimated the Darfur death toll by nearly 50 percent.[63]


Elie wiesel's true account in the holocaust: "Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed. Never shall i forget the smoke. Never shall I forget the little faces of the children, whose bodies i saw turned into wreaths of smoke beneath silent blue sky. Never shall i forget those flames which consumed my faith forever. Never shall i forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of my desire to live. Never shall i forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust,. Never shall i forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God himself. Never."


and now the world cares enough to intervene when wronged before that would not have happend think of the middle ages when they killed people for even insulting a noble..... One man controled the Nazi army thats one man eveyrone else conformed for fear of their life.....
Whether or not the world cares enough to intervene has no correlation to the declining sickness of the world. So....during the middle ages it was common to execute all people who were deemed criminals. Also during the salem witch trials.... "witches" were condemned without reason. Even without the worlds care or intervention.... it's still a fact that those examples are making this world a worse place. Its indisputable.... unless you think that millions dying under the name of a "good" cause is making the world a better place...

oh the world is definetly getting worse.


i disagree with you

i disagree with you


1201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / new york
Offline
Posted 4/23/08 , edited 4/23/08

CounterClockwise wrote:


ureter wrote:


CounterClockwise wrote:

I don't see how the world is getting "sicker."

Nowadays, due to proper education, there are less "sicker" things going on. For example, cannibalism occurs much less nowadays.


It is getting steadily worse. Technological progress is concealing the fact that almost every other institution is declining and failing the people. All of the scientific and technological changes, which are touted as advances, are not entirely positive. Modern weaponry can hardly be thought of as a testament to an advanced civilization.Take for example the shooting at virginia tech. Had he not been supplied with the technology of a pistol, the outcome of the massacre would have been very different.

Take a look at the poverty levels of third world countries. Think about the myraid of diseases that may not be treatable in third world countries b/c they dont have the proper medical treatments <-- this is sad because lately people have not been going into the medical professions for the right reasons. If doctors really believed in the intrinsic value of their jobs, then why wont they go to third world countries where help is needed more than in developed countries such as America.

Think about numerous sex scandals that are occuring in this generation. The Spitzer scandal in particular b/c it demonstrates the level of corruption that our present world is at. Spitzer was the [Attorney General].... he knew everything about the law and what would happen if you were caught. Yet he still succumbed. These are only the tid bits.

Global warming has continued to be a growing threat to our society. The effects can be seen in the temperature differences between the previous years. This can be largely attributed to pollution as a major cause. And guess who causes the pollution: us! Think about how many people own cars. But recently, people have obtained the mindset of not caring. "i dont care" one says.."As long as it doesnt affect me " ....grow up.. learn to see the bigger picture that its not for you... its for the following generations to come.

Think about the mass genocides that have occured and are occuring. The armenian genocide 1,500,000 deaths. Nanking massacre 300,000 deaths. Holocaust 6,000,000 deaths. Pol Pot (cambodia) 2,000,000 deaths. Rwanda genocide 800,000 deaths. Bosnia Genocide 200,000 deaths. Even now the Darfur genocide (source: A 21 September 2006 article by the official UN News Service stated that "UN officials estimate over 400,000 people have lost their lives and some 2 million more have been driven from their homes."[62] However, the UN disclosed on April 22, 2008 that it might have underestimated the Darfur death toll by nearly 50 percent.[63

Elie wiesel's true account in the holocaust: "Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed. Never shall i forget the smoke. Never shall I forget the little faces of the children, whose bodies i saw turned into wreaths of smoke beneath silent blue sky. Never shall i forget those flames which consumed my faith forever. Never shall i forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of my desire to live. Never shall i forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust,. Never shall i forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God himself. Never."

oh the world is definetly getting worse.




It is getting steadily worse. Technological progress is concealing the fact that almost every other institution is declining and failing the people. All of the scientific and technological changes, which are touted as advances, are not entirely positive. Modern weaponry can hardly be thought of as a testament to an advanced civilization.Take for example the shooting at virginia tech. Had he not been supplied with the technology of a pistol, the outcome of the massacre would have been very different.


I don't know what to say to that point, since it proves very little. If we were to "suppose" that guns did not exist, then the murderer would have brought other forms of weaponry to cause harm. A single incident cannot prove anything. There has been trillions of killings in the past, and people nowadays are getting worked up about minuscule number of people getting killed. This fact proves that society is not getting "sicker."

If it proves so little then why has it impacted the whole world... why has it instigated copy cats to do the same?...are u still going to say the same when copy cats start doing the same in your schools...in your children's schools? This is far from from "just" a single incident...... People getting killed are no biggie?....People are just getting worked up over little deaths?..... How about they shoot your family ...how about they shoot your loved ones. Then will see how "little" those deaths really mean. IF this fact proved that society is not getting "sicker"....why the fk dont u see people celebrating over how much better our society has become.



Take a look at the poverty levels of third world countries. Think about the myraid of diseases that may not be treatable in third world countries b/c they dont have the proper medical treatments <-- this is sad because lately people have not been going into the medical professions for the right reasons. If doctors really believed in the intrinsic value of their jobs, then why wont they go to third world countries where help is needed more than in developed countries such as America.


Poverty level? It's been MUCH worse in the past. Countries are spending millions to prevent poverty. Again, this means that the world is NOT getting "sicker."
if you havent noticed..... the world's population is increasing. The living demand is higher. Death rates are increasing. The human capacity of this world is reaching its peak. Its been much worse in the past? They sure as hell didnt have HIV to cope with. They sure as hell didnt have the new diseases today. Sure now they have some nice facilities for some of the people. Sure ...now some of the places actually have running water. So....does this prevent people from contracting new diseases? Estimates say that about 25,000 deaths occur each day. This demonstrates my point of world getting worse. There is plenty enough food in this world for everyone. The rate at which the level of poverty is increasing....is faster than the world's ability to prevent it.... if you havent noticed...


Think about numerous sex scandals that are occuring in this generation. The Spitzer scandal in particular b/c it demonstrates the level of corruption that our present world is at. Spitzer was the [Attorney General].... he knew everything about the law and what would happen if you were caught. Yet he still succumbed. These are only the tid bits.


Sex scandals mean very little. As I stated many times, in the past it was worse. Corruption was even worse in the past, since there were much less media. We have to consider the power of the media. In the past, there was very little to no media. Presently, many things that were done in the past are not done since many issues and problems were presented to everyone through the media.

You are belittling each factor. You keep thinking that the past has been worse...Dont underestimate the corruption of our day. The media can be used against us. A prime example is during world war 2 ... the propaganda that the media fed us... They described the japenese as dirty bugs... They portrayed the japanese as the enemy. So what the helll did everyone think? LETS fking kill the japenese... Atomic bomb is okay... lets just fking kill them...Oh yea we have japnese living in our country. Therefore lets lock them up in internment camps so that they wont hurt us. CORRUPTION worse in the past? pfft corrruption can be even worse today.



Global warming has continued to be a growing threat to our society. The effects can be seen in the temperature differences between the previous years. This can be largely attributed to pollution as a major cause. And guess who causes the pollution: us! Think about how many people own cars. But recently, people have obtained the mindset of not caring. "i dont care" one says.."As long as it doesnt affect me " ....grow up.. learn to see the bigger picture that its not for you... its for the following generations to come.


I will not respond to this paragraph, since I believe that global warming is a myth. There is no scientific evidence that proves that CO2 contributes to global warming.

LOL GLOBAL WARMING IS A MYTH .....are you joking me? u have got to be joking me.... you actually think global warming is a myth? u even said that there is no scientific evidence that proves global warming!!! hah!
buddy go read http://www.globalwarmingisreal.com and learn some real FACTS



Think about the mass genocides that have occured and are occuring. The armenian genocide 1,500,000 deaths. Nanking massacre 300,000 deaths. Holocaust 6,000,000 deaths. Pol Pot (cambodia) 2,000,000 deaths. Rwanda genocide 800,000 deaths. Bosnia Genocide 200,000 deaths. Even now the Darfur genocide (source: A 21 September 2006 article by the official UN News Service stated that "UN officials estimate over 400,000 people have lost their lives and some 2 million more have been driven from their homes."[62] However, the UN disclosed on April 22, 2008 that it might have underestimated the Darfur death toll by nearly 50 percent.


You just proved my point. If you notice from the dates and the number of killings, it DECREASES as we near our current date.

uhh thats a huge fallacy because in each genocide... the situation is different. Therefore you cant compare the number of deaths and say hey loook!.... since this one's closer to the present age ... then the deaths cant be as bad cuz the world is not getting worse....... First off.... These genocides themselves just prove that the world is getting worse. The fact that we can actually go through all those genocides and still have a modern genocide occuring in darfur proves my point. Did u not read that on april 22, 2008 the UN disclosed that it might have UNDERESTIMATED darfur death toll by nearly 50% .... thats over 400,000 people.....i seriously fail to see how GENOCIDES prove your point that this world isnt getting sicker



Elie wiesel's true account in the holocaust: "Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed. Never shall i forget the smoke. Never shall I forget the little faces of the children, whose bodies i saw turned into wreaths of smoke beneath silent blue sky. Never shall i forget those flames which consumed my faith forever. Never shall i forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of my desire to live. Never shall i forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust,. Never shall i forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God himself. Never."


This quote is completely off topic. We are talking about how the world is getting sicker, not about how terrible the Holocaust was.

This quote is extreemely pertinent to the subject.... Do you not see the connection between the atrocities of genocides to the world getting worse? Your telling me that the atrocity of holocaust has no relationship between the world getting worse? Your basically saying that the holocaust as well as every other genocide doesnt contribute to the idea of the world getting worse....... How can human beings have the right to treat other human beings this way? How can some human beings have the right to destroy faith, hope, dreams? How the hell does this not correlate to the topic?! ISNT THIS SICK?! isnt this a prime example of how our world is getting worse? by people who want to kill people in the name of "justice"? if this isnt sick then i dont know what is....


2548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
agree...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.