WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
the world is gettin sicker
2669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Noitacol
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
yup...
the earth is getting sicker too..illegal deforestation and all...
booo
5463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
The Media shows to much negativity.
Posted 4/23/08
yeh it's all fucked - just going to get worse.
1201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / new york
Offline
Posted 4/23/08

Sulla wrote:

The Media shows to much negativity.


i wonder why
5463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 4/23/08

ureter wrote:


Sulla wrote:

The Media shows to much negativity.


i wonder why


It sells.
752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
haha
haha
haha
1201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / new york
Offline
Posted 4/23/08

Sulla wrote:


ureter wrote:


Sulla wrote:

The Media shows to much negativity.


i wonder why


It sells.


gosh i wonder if thats another point to show how sick this world has become

so focused on selling and making money that they use everything that they can to capture the public's interests...
whether they appeal to your emotions or logic

...yes media is plural
1696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / San Marcos, Calif...
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
Yup, obviously this world is messed up. It gotten worse in this time of age. Makes me sad, seriously.
Posted 4/24/08
"the world is gettin sicker"

That was the funniest thing I've ever read...
38425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Maui
Offline
Posted 4/24/08 , edited 4/24/08

blackharu159 wrote:


smartii4u wrote:

the world is gna end soon anywayz ^_^


thats true and i'm ganna try to live my life to the fullest!!!


yup, that's why i live my life the way i want to. wat we got? like 4-5 more years till the next predicted apocalypse?

the world isn't getting sicker. its already bad enough. we continually kill each other for no good reason, how can it get worse than that?
5719 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/24/08

CounterClockwise wrote:


ureter wrote:


CounterClockwise wrote:


ureter wrote:


CounterClockwise wrote:

I don't see how the world is getting "sicker."

Nowadays, due to proper education, there are less "sicker" things going on. For example, cannibalism occurs much less nowadays.


It is getting steadily worse. Technological progress is concealing the fact that almost every other institution is declining and failing the people. All of the scientific and technological changes, which are touted as advances, are not entirely positive. Modern weaponry can hardly be thought of as a testament to an advanced civilization.Take for example the shooting at virginia tech. Had he not been supplied with the technology of a pistol, the outcome of the massacre would have been very different.

Take a look at the poverty levels of third world countries. Think about the myraid of diseases that may not be treatable in third world countries b/c they dont have the proper medical treatments <-- this is sad because lately people have not been going into the medical professions for the right reasons. If doctors really believed in the intrinsic value of their jobs, then why wont they go to third world countries where help is needed more than in developed countries such as America.

Think about numerous sex scandals that are occuring in this generation. The Spitzer scandal in particular b/c it demonstrates the level of corruption that our present world is at. Spitzer was the [Attorney General].... he knew everything about the law and what would happen if you were caught. Yet he still succumbed. These are only the tid bits.

Global warming has continued to be a growing threat to our society. The effects can be seen in the temperature differences between the previous years. This can be largely attributed to pollution as a major cause. And guess who causes the pollution: us! Think about how many people own cars. But recently, people have obtained the mindset of not caring. "i dont care" one says.."As long as it doesnt affect me " ....grow up.. learn to see the bigger picture that its not for you... its for the following generations to come.

Think about the mass genocides that have occured and are occuring. The armenian genocide 1,500,000 deaths. Nanking massacre 300,000 deaths. Holocaust 6,000,000 deaths. Pol Pot (cambodia) 2,000,000 deaths. Rwanda genocide 800,000 deaths. Bosnia Genocide 200,000 deaths. Even now the Darfur genocide (source: A 21 September 2006 article by the official UN News Service stated that "UN officials estimate over 400,000 people have lost their lives and some 2 million more have been driven from their homes."[62] However, the UN disclosed on April 22, 2008 that it might have underestimated the Darfur death toll by nearly 50 percent.[63

Elie wiesel's true account in the holocaust: "Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed. Never shall i forget the smoke. Never shall I forget the little faces of the children, whose bodies i saw turned into wreaths of smoke beneath silent blue sky. Never shall i forget those flames which consumed my faith forever. Never shall i forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of my desire to live. Never shall i forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust,. Never shall i forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God himself. Never."

oh the world is definetly getting worse.




It is getting steadily worse. Technological progress is concealing the fact that almost every other institution is declining and failing the people. All of the scientific and technological changes, which are touted as advances, are not entirely positive. Modern weaponry can hardly be thought of as a testament to an advanced civilization.Take for example the shooting at virginia tech. Had he not been supplied with the technology of a pistol, the outcome of the massacre would have been very different.


I don't know what to say to that point, since it proves very little. If we were to "suppose" that guns did not exist, then the murderer would have brought other forms of weaponry to cause harm. A single incident cannot prove anything. There has been trillions of killings in the past, and people nowadays are getting worked up about minuscule number of people getting killed. This fact proves that society is not getting "sicker."


If it proves so little then why has it impacted the whole world... why has it instigated copy cats to do the same?...are u still going to say the same when copy cats start doing the same in your schools...in your children's schools? This is far from from "just" a single incident...... People getting killed are no biggie?....People are just getting worked up over little deaths?..... How about they shoot your family ...how about they shoot your loved ones. Then will see how "little" those deaths really mean. IF this fact proved that society is not getting "sicker"....why the fk dont u see people celebrating over how much better our society has become.



Take a look at the poverty levels of third world countries. Think about the myraid of diseases that may not be treatable in third world countries b/c they dont have the proper medical treatments <-- this is sad because lately people have not been going into the medical professions for the right reasons. If doctors really believed in the intrinsic value of their jobs, then why wont they go to third world countries where help is needed more than in developed countries such as America.


Poverty level? It's been MUCH worse in the past. Countries are spending millions to prevent poverty. Again, this means that the world is NOT getting "sicker."
if you havent noticed..... the world's population is increasing. The living demand is higher. Death rates are increasing. The human capacity of this world is reaching its peak. Its been much worse in the past? They sure as hell didnt have HIV to cope with. They sure as hell didnt have the new diseases today. Sure now they have some nice facilities for some of the people. Sure ...now some of the places actually have running water. So....does this prevent people from contracting new diseases? Estimates say that about 25,000 deaths occur each day. This demonstrates my point of world getting worse. There is plenty enough food in this world for everyone. The rate at which the level of poverty is increasing....is faster than the world's ability to prevent it.... if you havent noticed...


Think about numerous sex scandals that are occuring in this generation. The Spitzer scandal in particular b/c it demonstrates the level of corruption that our present world is at. Spitzer was the [Attorney General].... he knew everything about the law and what would happen if you were caught. Yet he still succumbed. These are only the tid bits.


Sex scandals mean very little. As I stated many times, in the past it was worse. Corruption was even worse in the past, since there were much less media. We have to consider the power of the media. In the past, there was very little to no media. Presently, many things that were done in the past are not done since many issues and problems were presented to everyone through the media.

You are belittling each factor. You keep thinking that the past has been worse...Dont underestimate the corruption of our day. The media can be used against us. A prime example is during world war 2 ... the propaganda that the media fed us... They described the japenese as dirty bugs... They portrayed the japanese as the enemy. So what the helll did everyone think? LETS fking kill the japenese... Atomic bomb is okay... lets just fking kill them...Oh yea we have japnese living in our country. Therefore lets lock them up in internment camps so that they wont hurt us. CORRUPTION worse in the past? pfft corrruption can be even worse today.



Global warming has continued to be a growing threat to our society. The effects can be seen in the temperature differences between the previous years. This can be largely attributed to pollution as a major cause. And guess who causes the pollution: us! Think about how many people own cars. But recently, people have obtained the mindset of not caring. "i dont care" one says.."As long as it doesnt affect me " ....grow up.. learn to see the bigger picture that its not for you... its for the following generations to come.


I will not respond to this paragraph, since I believe that global warming is a myth. There is no scientific evidence that proves that CO2 contributes to global warming.

LOL GLOBAL WARMING IS A MYTH .....are you joking me? u have got to be joking me.... you actually think global warming is a myth? u even said that there is no scientific evidence that proves global warming!!! hah!
buddy go read http://www.globalwarmingisreal.com and learn some real FACTS



Think about the mass genocides that have occured and are occuring. The armenian genocide 1,500,000 deaths. Nanking massacre 300,000 deaths. Holocaust 6,000,000 deaths. Pol Pot (cambodia) 2,000,000 deaths. Rwanda genocide 800,000 deaths. Bosnia Genocide 200,000 deaths. Even now the Darfur genocide (source: A 21 September 2006 article by the official UN News Service stated that "UN officials estimate over 400,000 people have lost their lives and some 2 million more have been driven from their homes."[62] However, the UN disclosed on April 22, 2008 that it might have underestimated the Darfur death toll by nearly 50 percent.


You just proved my point. If you notice from the dates and the number of killings, it DECREASES as we near our current date.

uhh thats a huge fallacy because in each genocide... the situation is different. Therefore you cant compare the number of deaths and say hey loook!.... since this one's closer to the present age ... then the deaths cant be as bad cuz the world is not getting worse....... First off.... These genocides themselves just prove that the world is getting worse. The fact that we can actually go through all those genocides and still have a modern genocide occuring in darfur proves my point. Did u not read that on april 22, 2008 the UN disclosed that it might have UNDERESTIMATED darfur death toll by nearly 50% .... thats over 400,000 people.....i seriously fail to see how GENOCIDES prove your point that this world isnt getting sicker



Elie wiesel's true account in the holocaust: "Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed. Never shall i forget the smoke. Never shall I forget the little faces of the children, whose bodies i saw turned into wreaths of smoke beneath silent blue sky. Never shall i forget those flames which consumed my faith forever. Never shall i forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of my desire to live. Never shall i forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust,. Never shall i forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God himself. Never."


This quote is completely off topic. We are talking about how the world is getting sicker, not about how terrible the Holocaust was.

This quote is extreemely pertinent to the subject.... Do you not see the connection between the atrocities of genocides to the world getting worse? Your telling me that the atrocity of holocaust has no relationship between the world getting worse? Your basically saying that the holocaust as well as every other genocide doesnt contribute to the idea of the world getting worse....... How can human beings have the right to treat other human beings this way? How can some human beings have the right to destroy faith, hope, dreams? How the hell does this not correlate to the topic?! ISNT THIS SICK?! isnt this a prime example of how our world is getting worse? by people who want to kill people in the name of "justice"? if this isnt sick then i dont know what is....




Stop swearing. I was hoping this would be a debate, not a flame war, as this is a serious topic. Your petty insulting words do nothing but make your arguments seem much weaker.


1. You are not understanding my point. My point is that MUCH MORE people were killed back then, than now. Virginia incident had a miniscule damage, and brutality, compared to what used to happen centuries ago. In regards to your example about my parents getting killed, I’m talking about NUMBERS of people who got killed, rather than KINDS of people who got killed.

2. Everything you said does not refute my point. In the past, it’s been much worse. HIV? Those kinds of diseases are nothing compared to other diseases in the past. Billions have died due to lack of medical technology. You should realize that we are MUCH better off today with our advanced medical technology. Through centuries, we managed to find cure for hundreds of different diseases. The technology is STILL improving at a surprising rate. In other words, the world is getting better.

3. You just proved my point about how the corruption was worse in the past. As you said, during WWII, there has been much propaganda that was extremely biased, and controlled by the government. However, PRESENTLY, many people are educated about the propaganda and the media. Due to this reason, it is really difficult to commit a corrupt act, without the media finding out. I thank you for proving my point with your example.

4. I’m not joking you. It may seem so to you, since it is clearly evident that you have been strongly affected by the media, and that you are not educated about this issue. You are clearly ignorant, and have not researched how there is no direct evidence that CO2 contributes to global warming. Go to google and type “Global warming myth,” and you’ll see why global warming may be a myth. Your ignorance make me shudder. Please do not force your ignorance upon others.

5. Genocides are bound to happen all the time. However, in case you didn’t notice, the numbers of deaths are DECREASING. That’s why the world is actually getting better. Genocide is basically inevitable (as long as two opposing sides exist). As time passes, the numbers of deaths in the inevitable genocides are DECREASING. What does decreasing number of deaths tell you? The world is improving.

6. You are right. The example is pertinent to the subject. But once again, you proved my point. The quote talks about how bad things were in Holocaust…. IN THE PAST. Yes, Holocaust is the PAST. You proved my point again by talking about how bad things were in the past. Now, something as horrible as that does not happen as much. In other words, the World is improving.


I hope you would quote me properly next time, instead of just writing in the quote box.




wow. That was one of the largest cases of tl;dr I've seen on CR. Grats Clock.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 4/24/08
The world has always been "sick," it's just that it seems more common because the media is exploiting stories like this to make money. People would rather read about some innocent kid who got chopped up and stuffed in a guy's freezer than about a group of teenagers who volunteer at a homeless shelter, so the media releases a lot of twisted stories like this to make money.


You are clearly ignorant, and have not researched how there is no direct evidence that CO2 contributes to global warming. Go to google and type “Global warming myth,” and you’ll see why global warming may be a myth.


Global warming is real, you'd have to be dumb to not notice that the Earth's climate is getting warmer. The whole debate is over whether humans are causing global warming and we need to do something about it, or if it is just part of the Earth's cycle of warming and cooling.
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 4/24/08 , edited 4/24/08
does any1 have any info(in english) on the belgium kira???

http://www.samuraisoapbox.com/2007/10/02/severed-body-parts-found-in-belgium-kira-suspected/

http://comipress.com/news/2007/11/28/2942

http://www.japanator.com/kira-kills-two-in-belgium-6637.phtml
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 4/24/08

CounterClockwise wrote:


Cuddlebuns wrote:

The world has always been "sick," it's just that it seems more common because the media is exploiting stories like this to make money. People would rather read about some innocent kid who got chopped up and stuffed in a guy's freezer than about a group of teenagers who volunteer at a homeless shelter, so the media releases a lot of twisted stories like this to make money.


You are clearly ignorant, and have not researched how there is no direct evidence that CO2 contributes to global warming. Go to google and type “Global warming myth,” and you’ll see why global warming may be a myth.


Global warming is real, you'd have to be dumb to not notice that the Earth's climate is getting warmer. The whole debate is over whether humans are causing global warming and we need to do something about it, or if it is just part of the Earth's cycle of warming and cooling.


You are the dumb one for quoting me without any scientific evidence. Yes, the Earth's climate is getting wramer. But is it really due to human activities, and CO2 gases, or is it just a coincidence, and people are just getting all worked up about it? I think the answer is clear. As I said before, there is no scientific evidence that CO2 directly affect the temperature of the Earth's biosphere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMDi_u0dcig

I realize that, but in the statement I quoted you said "global warming may be a myth," as if you were saying that the climate isn't getting warmer.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.