First  Prev  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  Next  Last
Post Reply Should people be allowed to own guns?
4008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/7/13
This is how I see it. The main reason a person would own a gun is for protection, right? So if we were to take away the right to bear arms for regular citizens then we wouldn't have a problem. Most of the people who used the gun wrong, most likely bought them legally. So if we only gave guns to the people who need them for a job to protect the regular citizens then there would be no problem. I don't see why a man would have to carry around an AK-47 for protection.

Feedback is encouraged!
23049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/7/13

KiteCross wrote:


CoreyG87 wrote:


dyme420 wrote:


Really? So I'm going to go ahead and make a crack at your profile since you already make an ass out of yourself with your own arguments. 46 and Male? This is super hard to believe or you're one of the blissfully ignorant Omega males who cowers any time someone raises their voice. Your wisdom, or lack of, says otherwise.

So hypothetical LOADED question; Your family member is in trouble (Lets say one of your children, since you're obviously 46 and wise). Now, there's a perpetrator fixing to rape one of your precious daughters with a knife at her throat. The perp is so engrossed in his task that he doesn't even notice you sneak up. There's three choices on the desk in front of you, a telephone, a bat, or a pistol. Choice?

Yes the question is loaded, but the anti-gun idiots seem to LOVE "What-ifs"

And if you think small arms isn't enough to fight defend yourselves against trained and equipped army you're sadly lacking in your history. Also, Godwins' law? How could you not end at Hitler, Stalin and all the gun grabbing dictators? Know your history or be doomed to repeat it. This land wasn't won from the Brits by cowards like you. It was won by proud people not willing to compromise their values. You might not like guns, you might down right hate them. But if the time comes, you will be cursing the day that you don't own one. Don't worry I will defend the constitution and your lives with my own. Cause I AM a proud American, not proud of what my country currently stands for but proud of what it was and still can be, the greatest country on earth. I can't stress this enough, GUNS won your FREEDOMS. Not diplomatic dialogues.


Better to have it and NEVER need it than to need it and not have it.



edit:
He's from CANADA.. No wonder... Loyal to the crown. How's it feel to be a peasant in your Queens kingdom? AMERICA USHERED IN THE FREE WORLD, WE ARE IT'S LAST DEFENDERS. And you're obviously Jelly :D


Dyme420 said it exactly right. We can't defend ourselves with small arms? And who said anything about 5.56? What about 7.62? .45 ACP? .50 AE? The mentality that you can't defend yourself against the government, is exactly the problem with the nation now. The government is to fear the citizenry, not the opposite. And on topic, yes we should be allowed to own guns. For many reasons, If only for the possible need to one day defend ourselves against our own government.



I'm sorry but our government pretty much has drones at their disposal so good luck with "defense," because you'll definitely need it.


So, you're saying you would just roll over? You don't think the world would notice if the US government turned on it's own citizens? They definitely noticed when we have rebelled before. You would just give up the few freedoms we have, willingly, because "they have drones". Way to be a patriot.
23049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/7/13

iOnlyJesus wrote:

This is how I see it. The main reason a person would own a gun is for protection, right? So if we were to take away the right to bear arms for regular citizens then we wouldn't have a problem. Most of the people who used the gun wrong, most likely bought them legally. So if we only gave guns to the people who need them for a job to protect the regular citizens then there would be no problem. I don't see why a man would have to carry around an AK-47 for protection.

Feedback is encouraged!


That point of view is pretty naive. Most gun crime isn't committed with legally purchased weapons, it would be too easy to get caught if you ditched the gun. The guns are either stolen, or bought from some other country in South America. The problem with only having the "protectors" armed is that you then give them all of the power, which they already take too much of. I happen to not trust the police, so I wouldn't want the only armed people in America be the police, the military, and the criminals. Because the criminals will definitely still be armed. Assault weapons ban in '94, gun crimes didn't even flinch. Can't buy automatic weapons? I heard automatic gunfire when I was a kid in DC all the time. Criminals and gangs will always get weapons. Why disarm ourselves?
20218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/7/13
I think it is funny that some people think my liberty is up for discussion.
59668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The stars.. too b...
Offline
Posted 1/8/13


I resort to personal attacks because you have no dialogue. To say "we" avoid dialogue though? Ha! The three paragraphs wasn't enough for you?

There's a reason you don't take a knife to a gun fight. Human beings have been killing each other since inception. What makes you think you can stop that? You think your brothers of the great state of Canada killing afghan citizens is a result of peace and love? Oh, my apologies, I forget Canada is it's own country sometimes. It's people really seem to be concerned about our policy. As well as the U.K. and Australia... Link... Maybe??


Ok, I'll bite. So, your beliefs are; You don't think human beings are entitled to self defense from a single, multiple or an army of enemies. I disagree. Rebuttal?





Oh, also this;






sarrukin wrote:

I think it is funny that some people think my liberty is up for discussion.

Posted 1/8/13
knowing how humans are, they should just stick to pillow fights.
20781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / anime4fantasy@hot...
Offline
Posted 1/8/13
I don't agree at all! What has this world come to!

Forget guns for protection, you should be allowed to carry swords with you all the time (Wooden swords if your wondering).

That way, it would be the 'age of the samurai' where people learned to master the sword. Me personally would prefer Nitoryu. I've always liked holding 2 swords instead of 1.

If you have watched gintama, you will realise that a wooden sword would come in handy
67755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/8/13

dyme420 wrote:



I resort to personal attacks because you have no dialogue. To say "we" avoid dialogue though? Ha! The three paragraphs wasn't enough for you?

There's a reason you don't take a knife to a gun fight. Human beings have been killing each other since inception. What makes you think you can stop that? You think your brothers of the great state of Canada killing afghan citizens is a result of peace and love? Oh, my apologies, I forget Canada is it's own country sometimes. It's people really seem to be concerned about our policy. As well as the U.K. and Australia... Link... Maybe??


Ok, I'll bite. So, your beliefs are; You don't think human beings are entitled to self defense from a single, multiple or an army of enemies. I disagree. Rebuttal?





Oh, also this;






sarrukin wrote:

I think it is funny that some people think my liberty is up for discussion.



QED. out for real now.


Posted 1/8/13
No. People should not own guns. We've seen what will happen. They've had their chance.

There are a lot of places that don't let people own guns.

They survive.
20218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/8/13
67755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/8/13

magicuser360 wrote:

No. People should not own guns. We've seen what will happen. They've had their chance.

There are a lot of places that don't let people own guns.

They survive.


Sorry, disagree.

Who has had their chance. Crazy people?

Actually there are crimes and massacres in places where people are not allowed to own guns. also there are places other than the US were guns are common. or even required, they don't seem to have as many problems as the US does. something the anti-gun people don't like to talk about.

If you're going to weigh in here, I suggest you bring a more substantive argument. Not that it'll matter. there are folks just and adamant and unwilling to debate on the other side of the fence. so... I wish you the joy of each other.



33022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / Florida,USA
Offline
Posted 1/8/13
Yes people should be able to own guns if they want to its thier choice to do so here its also thier RIGHT to do so.
I just love how people in other countrys think we sould be like them under the governments thumb and unable to defend themselfs against criminals
67755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/8/13

guzzidave1998 wrote:

Yes people should be able to own guns if they want to its thier choice to do so here its also thier RIGHT to do so.
I just love how people in other countrys think we sould be like them under the governments thumb and unable to defend themselfs against criminals


Nothing in the OP said this was about the US. I just love how you think we should do things your way. Because it's been proven to be SO much better /sarcasm.


20218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/8/13



Nothing in the OP said this was about the US. I just love how you think we should do things your way. Because it's been proven to be SO much better /sarcasm.



weren't you done with this thread? you just couldn't stay away from us rugged American cowboy types could you.
67755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/8/13

sarrukin wrote:




Nothing in the OP said this was about the US. I just love how you think we should do things your way. Because it's been proven to be SO much better /sarcasm.



weren't you done with this thread? you just couldn't stay away from us rugged American cowboy types could you.


Done with Dyme whatever his name is. but I see you bring nothing to the conversation either.

First  Prev  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.