First  Prev  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  Next  Last
Post Reply Should people be allowed to own guns?
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 9/19/13 , edited 9/19/13
People should be allowed to own as many guns as they wish. Bullets however, should cost $5,000 each.
14243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Mars, Mt. Olympus
Offline
Posted 9/19/13

spacebat wrote:

People should be allowed to own as many guns as they wish. Bullets however, should cost $5,000 each.



I know a lot of people who have been causing issues in the road because of the way they drive. Some have even caused major accidents. Maybe we should raise the gas prices to $10k per gallon
19395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / usa
Offline
Posted 9/20/13

spacebat wrote:

People should be allowed to own as many guns as they wish. Bullets however, should cost $5,000 each.


well at those prices ill make my own ammo and sell them at $3000 ill retire before iam 30 but that wouldn't solve anything its not hard to make ammo u can buy all the supplies at most gun shops people die from smoking should it be 500 a smoke
3164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/20/13
All guns no. Some types of guns, Hell yes. I mean what the hell does your average joe need an assult rifle for.
14243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Mars, Mt. Olympus
Offline
Posted 9/20/13 , edited 9/20/13

Wynd_Stryker wrote:

All guns no. Some types of guns, Hell yes. I mean what the hell does your average joe need an assult rifle for.


If you can tell me why 100% of the people I know in person constantly breaks the speed limit (even by at least 1 mph) and have cars that have a maximum speed of greater than 60 MPH, then I'll answer your question. :)

Also, let's not forget how some people have misused their travel vehicle because of their 'cool kid act' on the road which resulted in major injuries AND the loss of life.
21215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 9/20/13
As long as there's a eye, psyc and motor control test.
12860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
ロサンゼルス (Originall...
Offline
Posted 9/20/13 , edited 9/20/13
Honestly, as someone who lives in America but grew up elsewhere, in a much more secular culture where even the police don't carry firearms, I can't help but have some pretty strong views on gun ownership.

Whenever you have a culture like the United States, which has twin obsessions with bronze age mythology and the 'Second Amendment', you're going to have trouble. Quite apart from the fact that the US Constitution DOESN'T say that you have the right to bear arms - because an individual citizen might be many things, but a 'well regulated militia' isn't one of them - there's the question of 'just because you can, does that mean you should?'
Given that, statistically, you're much more likely to accidentally shoot a family member than an 'intruder' in your home, it's really hard to rationally argue for personal firearms ownership.
Of course, rationality isn't something that voracious 'gun rights' groups particularly excel at. Witness the NRA constantly blaming anything other than gun ownership for each, drearily predictable, mass shooting that occurs with alarming regularity in this country. Video games are to blame! Hollywood is to blame! Obama is to blame! Anything and everything is to blame, except the elephant in the room - a nation that has its assault rife in one hand, and a Bible in the other.
From a very young age, with the absurd indoctrination of children via the 'pledge of allegiance', kids are taught the lie of 'American Exceptionalism' and that the United States is 'the greatest country in the world'. Rather a ridiculous, not to mention nebulous, conceit - especially as those who seem to claim this with the most passion have often not been beyond their homelands borders, let alone visited every nation on the planet (which, realistically, would be the only possible way to judge any country as the 'greatest'). You are taught the value of 'Freedom' and that patriotism is the very definition of being an upstanding citizen without the context of what those concepts really mean. I've lived in a good deal of diverse countries across the globe, and the United States is, by a considerable margin, the most conservative one in which I have resided. Of course, I'm not suggesting that it is THE most conservative. I would take life here over a true theocracy or most of the Third World. However, there's a self-imposed repression at work in this nation, constantly fed by a government (irrespective of party) and spineless media which promote not just the myth of superiority, but the fear of the outsider.
But you can buy cool shit, right? Cheap, huge televisions, gas guzzling cars and shitty, heart disease-inducing junk food. And right there, the very pinnacle of what makes this country great for so many, is your god-given right to own a firearm. It's the ultimate symbol of American freedom, at least it is until someone else is holding it and the barrel is pointing at your own head.
America, you really, really need to put down the guns, put down the fairytales and come join the rational, civilized world. We'd love to have you.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 9/20/13

GambitVII wrote:


spacebat wrote:

People should be allowed to own as many guns as they wish. Bullets however, should cost $5,000 each.



I know a lot of people who have been causing issues in the road because of the way they drive. Some have even caused major accidents. Maybe we should raise the gas prices to $10k per gallon


I'm not sure what your point is. Are you trying to say you use bullets as a method of fueling your transportation? Do you sit on a gun pop in a bullet and ride it to work?

Cause I'd love to see that...
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 9/20/13 , edited 9/20/13

tdp7886 wrote:


spacebat wrote:

People should be allowed to own as many guns as they wish. Bullets however, should cost $5,000 each.


well at those prices ill make my own ammo and sell them at $3000 ill retire before iam 30 but that wouldn't solve anything its not hard to make ammo u can buy all the supplies at most gun shops people die from smoking should it be 500 a smoke


I have no problem with smokers. I've actually advocated for public suicide booths in an earlier thread and Phillip Morris is currently making me plenty of money sitting in my portfolio.

I can make a functional weapon with a 3D printer. Not everyone has access to a 3D printer however and not everyone has the skill, material or equipment to make their own casings. The argument is kinda legless.
14243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Mars, Mt. Olympus
Offline
Posted 9/20/13 , edited 9/20/13
For a few people I know ( and I mean in person ) it's what bridged the gap between life and death. If you took the time to think rationaly, you would of adequately moved the discussion toward a more productive direction. Instead you decided to use a cop-out just to reinforce your insecurity to the topic. What a shame.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 9/20/13

GambitVII wrote:

For a few people I know ( and I mean in person ) it's what bridged the gap between life and death. If you took the time to think rationaly, you would of adequately moved the discussion toward a more productive direction. Instead you decided to use a cop-out just to reinforce your insecurity to the topic. What a shame.


Hey, if it were a life and death scenerio I would be more than willing to use a $5,000 bullet. Who wouldn't in that scenerio, shit man. What's your point again?
12868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 9/20/13
I say yes. Law enforcement and the military carry them so why not civilians?
14243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Mars, Mt. Olympus
Offline
Posted 9/21/13 , edited 9/21/13

spacebat wrote:


GambitVII wrote:

For a few people I know ( and I mean in person ) it's what bridged the gap between life and death. If you took the time to think rationaly, you would of adequately moved the discussion toward a more productive direction. Instead you decided to use a cop-out just to reinforce your insecurity to the topic. What a shame.


Hey, if it were a life and death scenerio I would be more than willing to use a $5,000 bullet. Who wouldn't in that scenerio, shit man. What's your point again?


Another cop-out, thats cute. Consider your scenario and ask yourself if you can afford to miss especially when 4+ people break into your home with rocks and bats. (Which happened to a buddy while playing WOW)

Then ask yourself if you are good enough to take the shot. Guns dont work like they do in video games. Even Marine Force Recons dont train under the mentality of 'one shot one kill'. Of course, you never rationalized the possiblity that people dont die immediatly like they do in video games. People fight back. Death from guns are amost always a result of bleed outs over time than immediate incapacitation.

Once again, life isnt a video game. And your too busy thinking of it in those terms to even realize the stupidity of your question.
3525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / "Spaaaaace!"
Offline
Posted 9/21/13 , edited 9/21/13

GambitVII wrote:

Another cop-out, thats cute. Consider your scenario and ask yourself if you can afford to miss especially when 4+ people break into your home with rocks and bats. (Which happened to a buddy while playing WOW)

Then ask yourself if you are good enough to take the shot. Guns dont work like they do in video games. Even Marine Force Recons dont train under the mentality of 'one shot one kill'. Of course, you never rationalized the possiblity that people dont die immediatly like they do in video games. People fight back. Death from guns are amost always a result of bleed outs over time than immediate incapacitation.

Once again, life isnt a video game. And your too busy thinking of it in those terms to even realize the stupidity of your question.


Insulting and attempting to belittle me isn't going to make you right. Life isn't a video game. If five guys break into your home with the attempt to kill you. you're dead. If a man has a gun pulled out on you, you won't have time to pull your weapon, you're gonna get shot and probably killed. Please don't preach to me about military, I am military.

My answer to the problem is ridiculous because the entire argument is ridiculous. The fact is, if someone has a gun pointed at you, you run and hide. You aren't going to have enough time to pull your weapon. This isn't the movies, you're going to get shot and possibly killed.

Oh, that picture of you doesn't really lend any credence to your argument. You aren't even holding it right...

If we want less gun violence we need stricter gun laws. If Americans want to continue owning weapons they have absolutely no reason owning, and gun laws that are extremely lenient then there will continue to be gun violence on the scale we have seen recently. I could careless on the issue, it's up to the civilians what type of country they want to live in. I own a Mossberg 590 for home protection, that's all anyone needs. Should mention double-aught buck.
14243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Mars, Mt. Olympus
Offline
Posted 9/21/13

spacebat
Insulting and attempting to belittle me isn't going to make you right. Life isn't a video game. If five guys break into your home with the attempt to kill you. you're dead. If a man has a gun pulled out on you, you won't have time to pull your weapon, you're gonna get shot and probably killed. Please don't preach to me about military, I am military.

My answer to the problem is ridiculous because the entire argument is ridiculous. The fact is, if someone has a gun pointed at you, you run and hide. You aren't going to have enough time to pull your weapon. This isn't the movies, you're going to get shot and possibly killed.

Oh, that picture of you doesn't really lend any credence to your argument. You aren't even holding it right...

If we want less gun violence we need stricter gun laws. If Americans want to continue owning weapons they have absolutely no reason owning, and gun laws that are extremely lenient then there will continue to be gun violence on the scale we have seen recently. I could careless on the issue, it's up to the civilians what type of country they want to live in. I own a Mossberg 590 for home protection, that's all anyone needs.




If your first statement was doctrine, then I wouldn't have been able to hang out with my buddy yesterday. It should be obvious LEO & Military aren't all gun guys, and you are what you say you are, that should make more sense to you than it does to me.

And if you are military, then it should be obvious that the one who draws the gun first doesn't have the immediate and absolute advantage. Many "thugs" just swing it around for show, and just because they can shoot doesn't mean they can fight back under stress. And just because your in the military doesn't mean you really know how to use your gun. If you have at least Carbine Course, even a family man who runs a restaurant & has trained diligently can keep up and surpass people with years of experience.

I doubt your ability properly critique someone's ability to do something, especially if your judgement of someones picture is meant to hold any weight. And even more so your opinion when it comes to what people should and shouldn't be allowed to have.

If you think a Mossberg 590 is all anyone needs, then life must be a video game to you. Since shotguns do so well CQB and all in call of duty
First  Prev  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.