First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Tibet Will Never Be Free
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 4/24/08
Oh god this pisses me off more than anything else about the hippie agenda, because it is so utterly stupid to think it's even a remote possibility. First off this is is NEVER going to happen. Ever. Deal with it. To understand why we have to look at a map of China



Do you see where Tibet is? It is the region of the Himalayan mountains. This is critical for China, as it is acts as a buffer to India, in much the same fashion as Xijang to the north of Tibet acts as a western buffer in general. China does know that in the past Muslim invaders have taken control of both these regions. Protecting this area is critical for China in order to protect the areas where their population is dense (the coast and part of central China). Most of China's economic growth is their as well. China wants to isolate this area. Consider the following.

1. China's northern border is protected by Mongolia, and to a lesser extent the Gobi dessert. Since they basically own southern Mongolia this land acts a little like an inland sea would. North all you have also to worry about is Russia, whose current political state is not conducive to any competition with China anyway.

2. China coastal regions itself is protected by missile silos, a good airforce, and a fair navy.You have some ground troops in there as well, but I don't think your gonna get close enough for it to matter anyway.

3. The weakest part of their border is the region we are discussing. Because of India it is also the one they most want to keep protected. If Tibet is allowed to be free, then what would stop Xijang (very different culturally and Muslim) from trying for the same thing? To protect their geographical isolation for political, and defense reasons these regions will NEVER be freed. China has masterfully isolated itself in a way which few nations can claim, and if you think they would give up this isolation you are a deluded fool with no understanding of world affairs.



Please hippies STFU, and GTFO.
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 4/24/08
I never was aware of the extent some people go to to free Tibet. It's not like Tibet is suffering (that much). Some countries probably just don't want to be free.And if Tibet was ever given that right, they have a long, long way to go to catch up with the rest of the world. And come on, they should be grateful that they are under China's wing, the Dalai Lama also agreed that in order for Tibet to fully modernize, the easiest way is by incorporating itself to the Republic of China. But are there really a lot of people protesting for Tibetan freedom? How weird... and unnecessary.
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 4/24/08

geeene_16 wrote:

I never was aware of the extent some people go to to free Tibet. It's not like Tibet is suffering (that much). Some countries probably just don't want to be free.And if Tibet was ever given that right, they have a long, long way to go to catch up with the rest of the world. And come on, they should be grateful that they are under China's wing, the Dalai Lama also agreed that in order for Tibet to fully modernize, the easiest way is by incorporating itself to the Republic of China. But are there really a lot of people protesting for Tibetan freedom? How weird... and unnecessary.

Most people also don't seem to realize that who the Dalai Lama is to his believers. He is the 14th reincarnation of a 700 year old theocrat for gods sake. I mean they get all pissed when religion and government mix in America (rightly so imho) , and yet want to make Tibet a theocracy. So fucking stupid.
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 4/24/08

Most people also don't seem to realize that who the Dalai Lama is to his believers. He is the 14th reincarnation of a 700 year old theocrat for gods sake. I mean they get all pissed when religion and government mix in America (rightly so imho) , and yet want to make Tibet a theocracy. So fucking stupid.



Geesh talk about unrealistic beliefs. But I think that because they believe that the Dalai Ma is this or that made them to not completely fall apart. You seem really annoyed, I could sense with all the vulgarities you spewed out. I don't know why, but isn't it a universal fact that religion and politics do not mesh. I do agree with your points, because why do they have to keep petitioning for their freedom it's not like the Chinese are killing them. China even agreed to not touch the culture and history of Tibet as long as they remain incorporated to them. This is truly a pointless thing to fight for, honestly.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 4/24/08
Didn't the whole "free Tibet" thing die 30 years ago or something? I've never heard about any protests about it that have occurred recently.
960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / supposidly the "b...
Offline
Posted 4/24/08
the truth is you are probably right in saying this
and Tibet will probably stay in Chinese control
but you can always hope that they would gain
autonomy at least
5367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / At home ^__^
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
Why shouldn't Tibet be free? Just for China's sake??? Isn't it a bit too selfish??? Well, they can believe that it's going to be free one day, can't they? Last time I checked, there's something in the Human Rights that's called freedom of expression. Even if it's stupid, let them be...lol.
402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham
Offline
Posted 4/25/08

Lucky04 wrote:

Why shouldn't Tibet be free? Just for China's sake??? Isn't it a bit too selfish??? Well, they can believe that it's going to be free one day, can't they? Last time I checked, there's something in the Human Rights that's called freedom of expression. Even if it's stupid, let them be...lol.


The topic creator never said Tibet shouldn't be free. He said it won't be. As in it is politically impossible. Tibet means too much to China so they will not allow it to be free.
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 4/25/08

Lucky04 wrote:

Why shouldn't Tibet be free? Just for China's sake??? Isn't it a bit too selfish??? Well, they can believe that it's going to be free one day, can't they? Last time I checked, there's something in the Human Rights that's called freedom of expression. Even if it's stupid, let them be...lol.


Tibets better off under China, than it was under the rule of the theocracy that existed there before.
1268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
It's not reallly being political free, but religion free. China has even chose a new successor for Tibet's next religious ruler, and holding the original intented next Dalai Lama within China without letting him back to Tibet.
5367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / At home ^__^
Offline
Posted 4/25/08

wrench246 wrote:


Lucky04 wrote:

Why shouldn't Tibet be free? Just for China's sake??? Isn't it a bit too selfish??? Well, they can believe that it's going to be free one day, can't they? Last time I checked, there's something in the Human Rights that's called freedom of expression. Even if it's stupid, let them be...lol.


The topic creator never said Tibet shouldn't be free. He said it won't be. As in it is politically impossible. Tibet means too much to China so they will not allow it to be free.


Ok, my bad...I didn't read the topic well But then, what I'm trying to say is just let the Tibetans or those who support them be, just let they do whatever they want, even if their efforts will eventually be wasted, as you said, because "it is politically impossible". They can believe in whatever they want to, why call them "deluded fool with no understanding of world affairs"?


790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 4/26/08

geeene_16 wrote:

I never was aware of the extent some people go to to free Tibet. It's not like Tibet is suffering (that much). Some countries probably just don't want to be free.And if Tibet was ever given that right, they have a long, long way to go to catch up with the rest of the world. And come on, they should be grateful that they are under China's wing, the Dalai Lama also agreed that in order for Tibet to fully modernize, the easiest way is by incorporating itself to the Republic of China. But are there really a lot of people protesting for Tibetan freedom? How weird... and unnecessary.



For God's sake!!!!!! Do you know what you are talking about?!?!!?!?!?!?! READ SOME, GO GET SOME INFORMATION, BEFORE YOU WRITE STH SO SILLY!!!!!!!!!!!Uh, I hate ppl like you!!!!!!!! Be grateful that they are under china's wing??!!?!?! What is that?!
You don't have even a little bit of knowledge about the situation there! They are killing Tibetans for nothing, they don't let them have a higher education, they don't let them speak their language, Tibetans have almost none medical help; They take their grounds away, they make them work for chinese ppl for nothing, although some tibetans can't even feed their families. They do not let them believe in what they want, they destroy their monasteries, they're killing monks, making those who live in celibat to get married. For having a photo of Dalajlama they put them into jail, torture them. They have no rights! And of coz chinese government hides it all, now they're even making fake actions.
And you say that this is ok??!?!?! You dumb girl! Think twice before you'll ever say sth like that again

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
6598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 4/26/08

KuroiKurohyou wrote:


geeene_16 wrote:

I never was aware of the extent some people go to to free Tibet. It's not like Tibet is suffering (that much). Some countries probably just don't want to be free.And if Tibet was ever given that right, they have a long, long way to go to catch up with the rest of the world. And come on, they should be grateful that they are under China's wing, the Dalai Lama also agreed that in order for Tibet to fully modernize, the easiest way is by incorporating itself to the Republic of China. But are there really a lot of people protesting for Tibetan freedom? How weird... and unnecessary.



For God's sake!!!!!! Do you know what you are talking about?!?!!?!?!?!?! READ SOME, GO GET SOME INFORMATION, BEFORE YOU WRITE STH SO SILLY!!!!!!!!!!!Uh, I hate ppl like you!!!!!!!! Be grateful that they are under china's wing??!!?!?! What is that?!
You don't have even a little bit of knowledge about the situation there! They are killing Tibetans for nothing, they don't let them have a higher education, they don't let them speak their language, Tibetans have almost none medical help; They take their grounds away, they make them work for chinese ppl for nothing, although some tibetans can't even feed their families. They do not let them believe in what they want, they destroy their monasteries, they're killing monks, making those who live in celibat to get married. For having a photo of Dalajlama they put them into jail, torture them. They have no rights! And of coz chinese government hides it all, now they're even making fake actions.
And you say that this is ok??!?!?! You dumb girl! Think twice before you'll ever say sth like that again

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The only reason I said these was because it's what most reports say. And I do apologize if I angered you with this. But I do know that the Dalai Lama doesn't even seek for full independence, because he did believe that for Tibet to industrialize they need support. I did hear stuff that they are suffering, but it wasn't really made to be a big deal here. And yes, as mean as it sounds, I do think that they need to be under China's wing so they could at somehow steer away from their ancient belief about awaiting the reincarnation and that the reincarnation will save them. And this is a political issue, in the real world, nothing could be gained if nothing is lost. And sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a dumb girl like you said. I do admit that I was a bit ignorant since I only know of what the media portrayed as a peaceful coexistence with the two, and that I didn't delve deeper into the issue. And I really don't care much about Tibet, because there are far more serious issues than that. like the crisis in Darfur. And China can't help but be this way, because they do have a solid plan for a complete modernization all through out, and maybe in time after China has fully modernized as what they wanted, Tibet could have autocracy, but I doubt they will ever be independent. And I do apologize if I offended you.
3929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / My body lives in...
Offline
Posted 4/27/08
this is the latest news-

April 26, 2008 - 6:47 PM
Pro-Tibet rally gathers thousands
More than 7,000 people have demonstrated in the Swiss capital Bern to show their solidarity with Tibetans.
The demonstrators, who included many exiled Tibetans living in Switzerland, demanded on Saturday that the government officially receive the Dalai Lama.

The Tibetan leader will visit Bern in October following an invitation from the city authorities.

Economics Minister Doris Leuthard was also asked to request from the Chinese government the authorisation for an international fact-finding committee to travel to Tibet. Leuthard will travel to China next month.

Days of protests in Lhasa against Chinese rule turned violent on March 14, galvanizing critics of Beijing's communist regime and threatening to overshadow the Beijing summer Olympics.

China says 22 people died in the violence, while overseas Tibet supporters say many times that number were killed in the protests and subsequent crackdown across Tibetan regions of western China
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.