First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Tibet Will Never Be Free
3929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / My body lives in...
Offline
Posted 4/27/08



Canada Tibet Committee (CTC) have programs and projects and activities to include His Holiness the Dalai Lama with an objective that Tibet will once again become a "zone of peace" and an independent state.
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Singapore (:
Offline
Posted 4/27/08

KuroiKurohyou wrote:


geeene_16 wrote:

I never was aware of the extent some people go to to free Tibet. It's not like Tibet is suffering (that much). Some countries probably just don't want to be free.And if Tibet was ever given that right, they have a long, long way to go to catch up with the rest of the world. And come on, they should be grateful that they are under China's wing, the Dalai Lama also agreed that in order for Tibet to fully modernize, the easiest way is by incorporating itself to the Republic of China. But are there really a lot of people protesting for Tibetan freedom? How weird... and unnecessary.



For God's sake!!!!!! Do you know what you are talking about?!?!!?!?!?!?! READ SOME, GO GET SOME INFORMATION, BEFORE YOU WRITE STH SO SILLY!!!!!!!!!!!Uh, I hate ppl like you!!!!!!!! Be grateful that they are under china's wing??!!?!?! What is that?!
You don't have even a little bit of knowledge about the situation there! They are killing Tibetans for nothing, they don't let them have a higher education, they don't let them speak their language, Tibetans have almost none medical help; They take their grounds away, they make them work for chinese ppl for nothing, although some tibetans can't even feed their families. They do not let them believe in what they want, they destroy their monasteries, they're killing monks, making those who live in celibat to get married. For having a photo of Dalajlama they put them into jail, torture them. They have no rights! And of coz chinese government hides it all, now they're even making fake actions.
And you say that this is ok??!?!?! You dumb girl! Think twice before you'll ever say sth like that again

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


You're being one-sided here. There might be some truth in what you are saying, but it's over exaggerated. Don't believe whole-heartedly what the media says, especially CNN, love.

Tibet will never be free. Tibet doesn't want to be free anyway. It knows that it can't survive if it became a Republic because it has nothing of value (in terms of resources) to its neighbours, India and China. China will never let Tibet go, because all the other places such as Mongolia and Manchuria will start clamoring for freedom. Moreover, this delves into the history of China where to rule over Tibet, Mongolia and/or Manchuria was a matter of pride to the ruler of China, no matter which dynasty he was from.
Posted 4/27/08 , edited 4/27/08
Well, we also should take into consideration Tibet's natural resources. >.> It is said that in Tibet are potentially massive oil and gas find.

But I would just like to say, that some people here said that Tibet doesn't want to be free, but I seriously doubt that this statement is in any way true. And also we shouldn't forget that Tibet has been oppressed for over 50 years now, and I don't think that anyone would want to support any more of this oppressions, at least as a Tibetan not. The Tibetians have been slaughtered by the Chinese governement for quite a while now....I doubt that anybody would like to stay with this governement..
Please stop protecting China, and get your facts straightened out, we all know that the Tibetians have been kept like worthless piece of shits up there in those mountains..and it certainly wasn't only the rough weather conditions that made them feel oppressed..say thanks to the Chinese governement, the Innocence in person. (And all this thanks to communism)
Pfft.

Floetry~
790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 4/27/08

toelovehan wrote:


KuroiKurohyou wrote:


geeene_16 wrote:

I never was aware of the extent some people go to to free Tibet. It's not like Tibet is suffering (that much). Some countries probably just don't want to be free.And if Tibet was ever given that right, they have a long, long way to go to catch up with the rest of the world. And come on, they should be grateful that they are under China's wing, the Dalai Lama also agreed that in order for Tibet to fully modernize, the easiest way is by incorporating itself to the Republic of China. But are there really a lot of people protesting for Tibetan freedom? How weird... and unnecessary.



For God's sake!!!!!! Do you know what you are talking about?!?!!?!?!?!?! READ SOME, GO GET SOME INFORMATION, BEFORE YOU WRITE STH SO SILLY!!!!!!!!!!!Uh, I hate ppl like you!!!!!!!! Be grateful that they are under china's wing??!!?!?! What is that?!
You don't have even a little bit of knowledge about the situation there! They are killing Tibetans for nothing, they don't let them have a higher education, they don't let them speak their language, Tibetans have almost none medical help; They take their grounds away, they make them work for chinese ppl for nothing, although some tibetans can't even feed their families. They do not let them believe in what they want, they destroy their monasteries, they're killing monks, making those who live in celibat to get married. For having a photo of Dalajlama they put them into jail, torture them. They have no rights! And of coz chinese government hides it all, now they're even making fake actions.
And you say that this is ok??!?!?! You dumb girl! Think twice before you'll ever say sth like that again

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


You're being one-sided here. There might be some truth in what you are saying, but it's over exaggerated. Don't believe whole-heartedly what the media says, especially CNN, love.

Tibet will never be free. Tibet doesn't want to be free anyway. It knows that it can't survive if it became a Republic because it has nothing of value (in terms of resources) to its neighbours, India and China. China will never let Tibet go, because all the other places such as Mongolia and Manchuria will start clamoring for freedom. Moreover, this delves into the history of China where to rule over Tibet, Mongolia and/or Manchuria was a matter of pride to the ruler of China, no matter which dynasty he was from.


No it is not exaggerated. I'm not watching CNN since I'm not from USA. Actually media is hiding the truth about Tibet. You there in the USA don't know how bad the situation is!!! A have information from Tibetan themselves. I've also seen how it looks like there. Tibetans want to be free, but tell me how can they make it by themselves? How can they win over chinese government and army? GOD! PPL FROM US, YOU CAN HARDLY IMAGINE HOW IT IS TO LIVE IN COMMUNISTIC COUNTRY! I know that, cause my country was also like that, but still it is no comparison with chinese regime. Even chinese ppl suffer. For chinese government human means nothing. When there was a student's protest they've just killed them all!!! They do not respect any human laws.
About the history: Tibet had been independent before annexation.
Why Mongolia would claim for freedom? It is actually free
790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 4/27/08

MidnightZorya wrote:

Well, we also should take into consideration Tibet's natural resources. >.> It is said that in Tibet are potentially massive oil and gas find.

But I would just like to say, that some people here said that Tibet doesn't want to be free, but I seriously doubt that this statement is in any way true. And also we shouldn't forget that Tibet has been oppressed for over 50 years now, and I don't think that anyone would want to support any more of this oppressions, at least as a Tibetan not. The Tibetians have been slaughtered by the Chinese governement for quite a while now....I doubt that anybody would like to stay with this governement..
Please stop protecting China, and get your facts straightened out, we all know that the Tibetians have been kept like worthless piece of shits up there in those mountains..and it certainly wasn't only the rough weather conditions that made them feel oppressed..say thanks to the Chinese governement, the Innocence in person. (And all this thanks to communism)
Pfft.

Floetry~


At least one voice of reason!!!
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 4/27/08

MidnightZorya wrote:

Well, we also should take into consideration Tibet's natural resources. >.> It is said that in Tibet are potentially massive oil and gas find.
Not quite. Tibet is close to the massive Chinese oil fields rather.





But I would just like to say, that some people here said that Tibet doesn't want to be free, but I seriously doubt that this statement is in any way true. And also we shouldn't forget that Tibet has been oppressed for over 50 years now, and I don't think that anyone would want to support any more of this oppressions, at least as a Tibetan not.
China is not opressing the Tibet the way people claim. Even if they were the rule of the lama was not much better. The Buddhists oppressed people as least as much as the Chinese, and I would say they were much much worse. Look up sometime what life in that theocracy was like-it may surprise you.


The Tibetians have been slaughtered by the Chinese governement for quite a while now....I doubt that anybody would like to stay with this governement..
This just shows ignorance of a shocking sort.




Please stop protecting China, and get your facts straightened out, we all know that the Tibetians have been kept like worthless piece of shits up there in those mountains..and it certainly wasn't only the rough weather conditions that made them feel oppressed..say thanks to the Chinese governement, the Innocence in person. (And all this thanks to communism)
Pfft.

Even the Dalia lama admits that China is helping to modernize Tibet. Get YOUR facts straight hunny buns.
Posted 4/27/08

YouAreDumb wrote:


MidnightZorya wrote:

Well, we also should take into consideration Tibet's natural resources. >.> It is said that in Tibet are potentially massive oil and gas find.
Not quite. Tibet is close to the massive Chinese oil fields rather.





But I would just like to say, that some people here said that Tibet doesn't want to be free, but I seriously doubt that this statement is in any way true. And also we shouldn't forget that Tibet has been oppressed for over 50 years now, and I don't think that anyone would want to support any more of this oppressions, at least as a Tibetan not.
China is not opressing the Tibet the way people claim. Even if they were the rule of the lama was not much better. The Buddhists oppressed people as least as much as the Chinese, and I would say they were much much worse. Look up sometime what life in that theocracy was like-it may surprise you.


The Tibetians have been slaughtered by the Chinese governement for quite a while now....I doubt that anybody would like to stay with this governement..
This just shows ignorance of a shocking sort.




Please stop protecting China, and get your facts straightened out, we all know that the Tibetians have been kept like worthless piece of shits up there in those mountains..and it certainly wasn't only the rough weather conditions that made them feel oppressed..say thanks to the Chinese governement, the Innocence in person. (And all this thanks to communism)
Pfft.

Even the Dalia lama admits that China is helping to modernize Tibet. Get YOUR facts straight hunny buns.


Well, I don't know how it is with you but I know a few Tibetians and they weren't big fans of the Chinese governement.

Pfft. Modernizing....Lol..as if the Chinese governement would care that much for the Tibetians...

I don't know why there are so many naive people running around like you.

Floetry~
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/27/08 , edited 4/27/08
I don't see how anyone thinks Tibet isn't oppressed or wants to be free. The Chinese government loves hiding things and making themselves look so perfect. what I don't understand is why so many people support China so blindly. The Chinese government treats the Tibetans like garbage. They have killed Buddhist monks and thrown innocent people in jail for their beliefs in deities. Not just in Tibet, but throughout the whole nation. Tibet should be free, and I support them.
255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Comatose in the B...
Offline
Posted 4/27/08 , edited 4/27/08
Oh yeah, China isn't oppressing Tibet at all. Just read all of China's reports about how much things have improved there! Or how the resistance is just a violent ruse initiated by the evil Dalai Lama! Why would the People's Republic lie? It's not like they've ever committed terrible atrocities against the people within their borders and publicly denied them while vying for support from the international community! Er, *cough* greatleapforward *cough
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 4/27/08 , edited 4/27/08

digs wrote:

I don't see how anyone thinks Tibet isn't oppressed or wants to be free. The Chinese government loves hiding things and making themselves look so perfect. what I don't understand is why so many people support China so blindly. The Chinese government treats the Tibetans like garbage. They have killed Buddhist monks and thrown innocent people in jail for their beliefs in deities. Not just in Tibet, but throughout the whole nation. Tibet should be free, and I support them.

Yes and the oppressive theocracy they had before China was SO much better.
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 4/27/08

ed_vector wrote:

Oh yeah, China isn't oppressing Tibet at all. Just read all of China's reports about how much things have improved there! Or how the resistance is just a violent ruse initiated by the evil Dalai Lama! Why would the People's Republic lie? It's not like they've ever committed terrible atrocities against the people within their borders and publicly denied them while vying for support from the international community! Er, *cough* greatleapforward *cough

Mao is dead; while problems remain China has gone a long way to giving it's citizens their rights.
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Singapore (:
Offline
Posted 4/27/08

KuroiKurohyou wrote:


toelovehan wrote:


KuroiKurohyou wrote:


geeene_16 wrote:

I never was aware of the extent some people go to to free Tibet. It's not like Tibet is suffering (that much). Some countries probably just don't want to be free.And if Tibet was ever given that right, they have a long, long way to go to catch up with the rest of the world. And come on, they should be grateful that they are under China's wing, the Dalai Lama also agreed that in order for Tibet to fully modernize, the easiest way is by incorporating itself to the Republic of China. But are there really a lot of people protesting for Tibetan freedom? How weird... and unnecessary.



For God's sake!!!!!! Do you know what you are talking about?!?!!?!?!?!?! READ SOME, GO GET SOME INFORMATION, BEFORE YOU WRITE STH SO SILLY!!!!!!!!!!!Uh, I hate ppl like you!!!!!!!! Be grateful that they are under china's wing??!!?!?! What is that?!
You don't have even a little bit of knowledge about the situation there! They are killing Tibetans for nothing, they don't let them have a higher education, they don't let them speak their language, Tibetans have almost none medical help; They take their grounds away, they make them work for chinese ppl for nothing, although some tibetans can't even feed their families. They do not let them believe in what they want, they destroy their monasteries, they're killing monks, making those who live in celibat to get married. For having a photo of Dalajlama they put them into jail, torture them. They have no rights! And of coz chinese government hides it all, now they're even making fake actions.
And you say that this is ok??!?!?! You dumb girl! Think twice before you'll ever say sth like that again

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


You're being one-sided here. There might be some truth in what you are saying, but it's over exaggerated. Don't believe whole-heartedly what the media says, especially CNN, love.

Tibet will never be free. Tibet doesn't want to be free anyway. It knows that it can't survive if it became a Republic because it has nothing of value (in terms of resources) to its neighbours, India and China. China will never let Tibet go, because all the other places such as Mongolia and Manchuria will start clamoring for freedom. Moreover, this delves into the history of China where to rule over Tibet, Mongolia and/or Manchuria was a matter of pride to the ruler of China, no matter which dynasty he was from.


No it is not exaggerated. I'm not watching CNN since I'm not from USA. Actually media is hiding the truth about Tibet. You there in the USA don't know how bad the situation is!!! A have information from Tibetan themselves. I've also seen how it looks like there. Tibetans want to be free, but tell me how can they make it by themselves? How can they win over chinese government and army? GOD! PPL FROM US, YOU CAN HARDLY IMAGINE HOW IT IS TO LIVE IN COMMUNISTIC COUNTRY! I know that, cause my country was also like that, but still it is no comparison with chinese regime. Even chinese ppl suffer. For chinese government human means nothing. When there was a student's protest they've just killed them all!!! They do not respect any human laws.
About the history: Tibet had been independent before annexation.
Why Mongolia would claim for freedom? It is actually free


um like I'm not from the US? yes, the Chinese government do have no respect for human rights. Deng Xiaoping did once said something along the lines that even if a million Chinese people were killed, there were still 99 million people left, and the Chinese government will fight at all cost to win. my bad about mongolia. but I have friends from China who prefer living in communist China than in a democratic nation like the US of A.

In any case, Tibet will never be free. China might kill all Tibetans in the end, but Tibet will still be a part of China. Sad as it might be.
1234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / z
Offline
Posted 4/27/08
Lol, KuroiKurohyou you watch a few news programs and base your facts on it.
Tibet WILL BE UNDER CHINESE CONTROL. end of story, quit your hippe whining KuroiKurohyou.
I couldn't care less for Tibetans who resort to violence to demand things. that is terrorism. where do you get your information from? Its very anti-China. people say the chinese have been brainwashed but it can be said both sides.
Posted 4/28/08
Wow, you people are so horribly naive. You don't know what communism is. Communism is the ultimate policy for hiding and faking facts. And China is seriously still communistic in its own way, this won't just disappear like that. Even people living there are scared to say what they think. Just watch some secret documentations about China, and you will see that the people there are everything but happy.

And reading only the Chinese News is just not only stupid but also pretty biased. Please read also some Tibetian News. Oh wait, there aren't any...why aren't there any? Because they don't have the right to make the situation there public.

People with this level of ignorance and naivety are pissing me off.

And Magnus aka YouAreDumb, seriously what the fuck are you always trying to involve some old regiment, every regiment of that time, no matter what country, was fucked up at that time. Seriously, your nick is really fitting you. =/

Floetry~
144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 4/29/08 , edited 4/29/08

YouAreDumb wrote:

Oh god this pisses me off more than anything else about the hippie agenda, because it is so utterly stupid to think it's even a remote possibility. First off this is is NEVER going to happen. Ever. Deal with it. To understand why we have to look at a map of China



Do you see where Tibet is? It is the region of the Himalayan mountains. This is critical for China, as it is acts as a buffer to India, in much the same fashion as Xijang to the north of Tibet acts as a western buffer in general. China does know that in the past Muslim invaders have taken control of both these regions. Protecting this area is critical for China in order to protect the areas where their population is dense (the coast and part of central China). Most of China's economic growth is their as well. China wants to isolate this area. Consider the following.

1. China's northern border is protected by Mongolia, and to a lesser extent the Gobi dessert. Since they basically own southern Mongolia this land acts a little like an inland sea would. North all you have also to worry about is Russia, whose current political state is not conducive to any competition with China anyway.

2. China coastal regions itself is protected by missile silos, a good airforce, and a fair navy.You have some ground troops in there as well, but I don't think your gonna get close enough for it to matter anyway.

3. The weakest part of their border is the region we are discussing. Because of India it is also the one they most want to keep protected. If Tibet is allowed to be free, then what would stop Xijang (very different culturally and Muslim) from trying for the same thing? To protect their geographical isolation for political, and defense reasons these regions will NEVER be freed. China has masterfully isolated itself in a way which few nations can claim, and if you think they would give up this isolation you are a deluded fool with no understanding of world affairs.



Please hippies STFU, and GTFO.


While I agree that it is very unlikely that Tibet will achieve independence, history teaches us that nothing is politically impossible. Also nothing you have said supports your hypothesis that Tibetan freedom is impossible. All it shows (successfully) is that it is very very unlikely at this time, but, who knows, in 20 or 30 years time China might be in a state of civil war, any number of events could present Tibet with an opportunity to gain independence.

Personally as an atheist I have no time for theocracies, but I also don't care much for the regime in China, its full of corrupt, self interested sycophants who call themselves communists but act more like feudal lords.

Finally, a good argument speaks for itself, resorting to name calling (fun as it can be) is not really conducive to a calm sensible debate.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.