First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Tibet Will Never Be Free
2655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
Tibet belongs to China now and forever.
Tibet is not strong enough to oppose the PRC nor any nations in the world willing to "free them"

It's funny how most of the protesters of free tibet are white, I guess they have too much free time and like to get media attention.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/08 , edited 8/22/08
That's because the native Asian Tibetans aren't allowed to have a voice due to the oppressive Chinese government It's about human rights, not political power.
Posted 8/22/08

Lucky04 wrote:

Why shouldn't Tibet be free? Just for China's sake??? Isn't it a bit too selfish??? Well, they can believe that it's going to be free one day, can't they? Last time I checked, there's something in the Human Rights that's called freedom of expression. Even if it's stupid, let them be...lol.


Wow, human rights? Freedom of expression. CHINA IS A COMMUNISM. And not a Marx one either, one heavily influenced by THE SOVIETS.
Posted 8/22/08

Jachina wrote:

Tibet belongs to China now and forever.
Tibet is not strong enough to oppose the PRC nor any nations in the world willing to "free them"

It's funny how most of the protesters of free tibet are white, I guess they have too much free time and like to get media attention.


It's because American people will get behind anything as long as it has "We are oppressed help!" In it. Most of them don't even know the situation. Tibet has been part of China for how long now...? And what did the Chinese REALLY do to make Tibet so horrible besides stop making it a place where everybody is lol poor and screwy unless your holy.
Posted 8/22/08

KuroiKurohyou wrote:


What kind of person are you?!?! You say that it was ok just to kill those students because they were protesting?!?! Actually you're a total ignorant- you know nothing 'bout real life. I wish comunism was in america, so you could understand more. Your country is calm, you never experienced what it is like to live under someone (except native americans). In my country there were also protests but I can't imagine killing ppl for that. And you say it's ok!?!? God, I wish american government killed am. citizens, I wonder what would you say.

It was a part of china since XVI but it was still autonomic.

There are no basic human right for Tibetans (they have no right for high education, learning their language, reading their books, for medical care, some even have to work for chinese ppl for free even if they are starving) nor Chinese people. The whole word talks about it, other governments try to change it- there were many discusions that if they won't respect human laws there will be no olympic ni beijing. Are you deaf and blind or sth?!?!

And if you want to discuss about tibet, than listen to them and show me their articles, not chinese one!!!!!!!!


Graw. What kind of person are YOU? First, if in California, we suddenly asked to succeed from the union, what would our government tell us? They would say "Screw you" and make sure we DIDN'T. Second, learn what a damn communism is. communism, NEVER, EVER, EVER, said, that the government had all rights and people had none. In fact, communism, is the EXACT OPPOSITE, communism came because living conditions were so HORRIBLE because of capitalist. Communism says that people should overthrow there government, and live with a dictatorship of the people. The SOVIETS, said that the ideals of communism were good, such as sharing all your land and such, BUT, that people were not smart enough to rule themselves, so they went against the KEY PART of communism, therefore, turning it into something crappy. I think theres a technical term with Stalins name in it for it but a lot of people just call it Soviet Communism. If America became a REAL communism, then I wouldn't care, because I'm poor anyway, it would just mean that all my stuff wouldn't be lol taken from me because of legal problems in crap. In a communism (were speaking Marx here) all my stuff would be everybody's stuff, we would all share and things would be evenly divided. In Soviet communism, everything belongs to the government, and they distribute it however they want. In a Capitalism, people cry when you have things like MINIMUM WAGE. In fact, even in America today, people scream socialist whenever somebody trys to take ANY money from the rich and give it to the poor. All the dumbass conservatives and liberals will scream capitalist and socialist at any chance they get, and don't realize if you MIX THE TWO YOU GET GOOD SHIT.

I'm getting kind of off topic here.
Posted 8/22/08

YouAreDumb wrote:

Oh god this pisses me off more than anything else about the hippie agenda, because it is so utterly stupid to think it's even a remote possibility. First off this is is NEVER going to happen. Ever. Deal with it. To understand why we have to look at a map of China



Do you see where Tibet is? It is the region of the Himalayan mountains. This is critical for China, as it is acts as a buffer to India, in much the same fashion as Xijang to the north of Tibet acts as a western buffer in general. China does know that in the past Muslim invaders have taken control of both these regions. Protecting this area is critical for China in order to protect the areas where their population is dense (the coast and part of central China). Most of China's economic growth is their as well. China wants to isolate this area. Consider the following.

1. China's northern border is protected by Mongolia, and to a lesser extent the Gobi dessert. Since they basically own southern Mongolia this land acts a little like an inland sea would. North all you have also to worry about is Russia, whose current political state is not conducive to any competition with China anyway.

2. China coastal regions itself is protected by missile silos, a good airforce, and a fair navy.You have some ground troops in there as well, but I don't think your gonna get close enough for it to matter anyway.

3. The weakest part of their border is the region we are discussing. Because of India it is also the one they most want to keep protected. If Tibet is allowed to be free, then what would stop Xijang (very different culturally and Muslim) from trying for the same thing? To protect their geographical isolation for political, and defense reasons these regions will NEVER be freed. China has masterfully isolated itself in a way which few nations can claim, and if you think they would give up this isolation you are a deluded fool with no understanding of world affairs.



Please hippies STFU, and GTFO.


5 bucks say your a conservative republican.
2655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/08 , edited 8/22/08

digs wrote:

That's because the native Asian Tibetans aren't allowed to have a voice due to the oppressive Chinese government It's about human rights, not political power.

You know nothing. The Tibetans are better off with PRC than the so called "Dalai Lama" under the Dalai Lama, everyone was nothing more than a slave. Under the PRC, not only Tibet have began to modernize
but the standard of living has increase greatly over the pass decades.
It's funny the "Dalai Lama" was madeup by the Mongols to spread their influence in Tibet.
Stop with your biases!

Go live in China for a year, then I'll listen,

AHHHHHHHHH!
5367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / At home ^__^
Offline
Posted 8/22/08

dmitsuki wrote:


Lucky04 wrote:

Why shouldn't Tibet be free? Just for China's sake??? Isn't it a bit too selfish??? Well, they can believe that it's going to be free one day, can't they? Last time I checked, there's something in the Human Rights that's called freedom of expression. Even if it's stupid, let them be...lol.


Wow, human rights? Freedom of expression. CHINA IS A COMMUNISM. And not a Marx one either, one heavily influenced by THE SOVIETS.


Lol I'm not saying the opposite xP All I was talking about is that why are people so against Tibet's freedom (as what I've read in the previous posts). They have the right to believe in whatever they want. Even if China is a big communist country "heavily influenced by THE SOVIETS", that doesn't mean that Tibet shouldn't be free and Tibetans couldn't believe in their freedom. They are crying out loud for help for God's sake! If people really think that Tibet's freedom is stupid, they are being oblivious to what was happening before the Olympics: if the life in Tibet is really that "peaceful", I believe strongly that people wouldn't bother to manifest everywhere in the world just for fun.
Posted 8/22/08

Lucky04 wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


Lucky04 wrote:

Why shouldn't Tibet be free? Just for China's sake??? Isn't it a bit too selfish??? Well, they can believe that it's going to be free one day, can't they? Last time I checked, there's something in the Human Rights that's called freedom of expression. Even if it's stupid, let them be...lol.


Wow, human rights? Freedom of expression. CHINA IS A COMMUNISM. And not a Marx one either, one heavily influenced by THE SOVIETS.


Lol I'm not saying the opposite xP All I was talking about is that why are people so against Tibet's freedom (as what I've read in the previous posts). They have the right to believe in whatever they want. Even if China is a big communist country "heavily influenced by THE SOVIETS", that doesn't mean that Tibet shouldn't be free and Tibetans couldn't believe in their freedom. They are crying out loud for help for God's sake! If people really think that Tibet's freedom is stupid, they are being oblivious to what was happening before the Olympics: if the life in Tibet is really that "peaceful", I believe strongly that people wouldn't bother to manifest everywhere in the world just for fun.


I don't think you quite understood what I was saying.


The Soviets didn't care about human rights, China was influenced by the Soviets, so what makes you think they will act on some Human Rights crap which is not even given to the people who live in place's like Beijing?
Posted 8/22/08

Lucky04 wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


Lucky04 wrote:

Why shouldn't Tibet be free? Just for China's sake??? Isn't it a bit too selfish??? Well, they can believe that it's going to be free one day, can't they? Last time I checked, there's something in the Human Rights that's called freedom of expression. Even if it's stupid, let them be...lol.


Wow, human rights? Freedom of expression. CHINA IS A COMMUNISM. And not a Marx one either, one heavily influenced by THE SOVIETS.


Lol I'm not saying the opposite xP All I was talking about is that why are people so against Tibet's freedom (as what I've read in the previous posts). They have the right to believe in whatever they want. Even if China is a big communist country "heavily influenced by THE SOVIETS", that doesn't mean that Tibet shouldn't be free and Tibetans couldn't believe in their freedom. They are crying out loud for help for God's sake! If people really think that Tibet's freedom is stupid, they are being oblivious to what was happening before the Olympics: if the life in Tibet is really that "peaceful", I believe strongly that people wouldn't bother to manifest everywhere in the world just for fun.


I don't think you quite understood what I was saying.


The Soviets didn't care about human rights, China was influenced by the Soviets, so what makes you think they will act on some Human Rights crap which is not even given to the people who live in place's like Beijing?
Posted 8/22/08 , edited 8/22/08

Lucky04 wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


Lucky04 wrote:

Why shouldn't Tibet be free? Just for China's sake??? Isn't it a bit too selfish??? Well, they can believe that it's going to be free one day, can't they? Last time I checked, there's something in the Human Rights that's called freedom of expression. Even if it's stupid, let them be...lol.


Wow, human rights? Freedom of expression. CHINA IS A COMMUNISM. And not a Marx one either, one heavily influenced by THE SOVIETS.


Lol I'm not saying the opposite xP All I was talking about is that why are people so against Tibet's freedom (as what I've read in the previous posts). They have the right to believe in whatever they want. Even if China is a big communist country "heavily influenced by THE SOVIETS", that doesn't mean that Tibet shouldn't be free and Tibetans couldn't believe in their freedom. They are crying out loud for help for God's sake! If people really think that Tibet's freedom is stupid, they are being oblivious to what was happening before the Olympics: if the life in Tibet is really that "peaceful", I believe strongly that people wouldn't bother to manifest everywhere in the world just for fun.

Something is wrong with my internet and it is posting to much sorry...
Posted 8/22/08 , edited 8/22/08

Lucky04 wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


Lucky04 wrote:

Why shouldn't Tibet be free? Just for China's sake??? Isn't it a bit too selfish??? Well, they can believe that it's going to be free one day, can't they? Last time I checked, there's something in the Human Rights that's called freedom of expression. Even if it's stupid, let them be...lol.


Wow, human rights? Freedom of expression. CHINA IS A COMMUNISM. And not a Marx one either, one heavily influenced by THE SOVIETS.


Lol I'm not saying the opposite xP All I was talking about is that why are people so against Tibet's freedom (as what I've read in the previous posts). They have the right to believe in whatever they want. Even if China is a big communist country "heavily influenced by THE SOVIETS", that doesn't mean that Tibet shouldn't be free and Tibetans couldn't believe in their freedom. They are crying out loud for help for God's sake! If people really think that Tibet's freedom is stupid, they are being oblivious to what was happening before the Olympics: if the life in Tibet is really that "peaceful", I believe strongly that people wouldn't bother to manifest everywhere in the world just for fun.

Once agian, sorry.
790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 8/25/08

dmitsuki wrote:


KuroiKurohyou wrote:


What kind of person are you?!?! You say that it was ok just to kill those students because they were protesting?!?! Actually you're a total ignorant- you know nothing 'bout real life. I wish comunism was in america, so you could understand more. Your country is calm, you never experienced what it is like to live under someone (except native americans). In my country there were also protests but I can't imagine killing ppl for that. And you say it's ok!?!? God, I wish american government killed am. citizens, I wonder what would you say.

It was a part of china since XVI but it was still autonomic.

There are no basic human right for Tibetans (they have no right for high education, learning their language, reading their books, for medical care, some even have to work for chinese ppl for free even if they are starving) nor Chinese people. The whole word talks about it, other governments try to change it- there were many discusions that if they won't respect human laws there will be no olympic ni beijing. Are you deaf and blind or sth?!?!

And if you want to discuss about tibet, than listen to them and show me their articles, not chinese one!!!!!!!!


Graw. What kind of person are YOU? First, if in California, we suddenly asked to succeed from the union, what would our government tell us? They would say "Screw you" and make sure we DIDN'T. Second, learn what a damn communism is. communism, NEVER, EVER, EVER, said, that the government had all rights and people had none. In fact, communism, is the EXACT OPPOSITE, communism came because living conditions were so HORRIBLE because of capitalist. Communism says that people should overthrow there government, and live with a dictatorship of the people. The SOVIETS, said that the ideals of communism were good, such as sharing all your land and such, BUT, that people were not smart enough to rule themselves, so they went against the KEY PART of communism, therefore, turning it into something crappy. I think theres a technical term with Stalins name in it for it but a lot of people just call it Soviet Communism. If America became a REAL communism, then I wouldn't care, because I'm poor anyway, it would just mean that all my stuff wouldn't be lol taken from me because of legal problems in crap. In a communism (were speaking Marx here) all my stuff would be everybody's stuff, we would all share and things would be evenly divided. In Soviet communism, everything belongs to the government, and they distribute it however they want. In a Capitalism, people cry when you have things like MINIMUM WAGE. In fact, even in America today, people scream socialist whenever somebody trys to take ANY money from the rich and give it to the poor. All the dumbass conservatives and liberals will scream capitalist and socialist at any chance they get, and don't realize if you MIX THE TWO YOU GET GOOD SHIT.

I'm getting kind of off topic here.



I will tell you sth 'American brainiac'. Your knowledge is just from books. NEVER DISCUSS THINGS WITH OTHERS IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEM BY EXPERIENCE! What can you know about communism?!? As much as I about an average day in Honolulu. Actually I LIVED IN COMMUNISTIC COUNTRY AND I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!!!! You have no idea what it is!!! UGH !!!
Posted 8/25/08

KuroiKurohyou wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


KuroiKurohyou wrote:


What kind of person are you?!?! You say that it was ok just to kill those students because they were protesting?!?! Actually you're a total ignorant- you know nothing 'bout real life. I wish comunism was in america, so you could understand more. Your country is calm, you never experienced what it is like to live under someone (except native americans). In my country there were also protests but I can't imagine killing ppl for that. And you say it's ok!?!? God, I wish american government killed am. citizens, I wonder what would you say.

It was a part of china since XVI but it was still autonomic.

There are no basic human right for Tibetans (they have no right for high education, learning their language, reading their books, for medical care, some even have to work for chinese ppl for free even if they are starving) nor Chinese people. The whole word talks about it, other governments try to change it- there were many discusions that if they won't respect human laws there will be no olympic ni beijing. Are you deaf and blind or sth?!?!

And if you want to discuss about tibet, than listen to them and show me their articles, not chinese one!!!!!!!!


Graw. What kind of person are YOU? First, if in California, we suddenly asked to succeed from the union, what would our government tell us? They would say "Screw you" and make sure we DIDN'T. Second, learn what a damn communism is. communism, NEVER, EVER, EVER, said, that the government had all rights and people had none. In fact, communism, is the EXACT OPPOSITE, communism came because living conditions were so HORRIBLE because of capitalist. Communism says that people should overthrow there government, and live with a dictatorship of the people. The SOVIETS, said that the ideals of communism were good, such as sharing all your land and such, BUT, that people were not smart enough to rule themselves, so they went against the KEY PART of communism, therefore, turning it into something crappy. I think theres a technical term with Stalins name in it for it but a lot of people just call it Soviet Communism. If America became a REAL communism, then I wouldn't care, because I'm poor anyway, it would just mean that all my stuff wouldn't be lol taken from me because of legal problems in crap. In a communism (were speaking Marx here) all my stuff would be everybody's stuff, we would all share and things would be evenly divided. In Soviet communism, everything belongs to the government, and they distribute it however they want. In a Capitalism, people cry when you have things like MINIMUM WAGE. In fact, even in America today, people scream socialist whenever somebody trys to take ANY money from the rich and give it to the poor. All the dumbass conservatives and liberals will scream capitalist and socialist at any chance they get, and don't realize if you MIX THE TWO YOU GET GOOD SHIT.

I'm getting kind of off topic here.



I will tell you sth 'American brainiac'. Your knowledge is just from books. NEVER DISCUSS THINGS WITH OTHERS IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEM BY EXPERIENCE! What can you know about communism?!? As much as I about an average day in Honolulu. Actually I LIVED IN COMMUNISTIC COUNTRY AND I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!!!! You have no idea what it is!!! UGH !!!


For goodness sake, NOBODY has EVER lived in a TRUE communism, COMMUNISM CAME FROM A BOOK! I advise you to go read it, and then learn about the leaders of the countrys who read it, said it was a good idea, but CHANGED the most IMPORTANT parts of the communism.
2016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / nowhere to be found
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
Tibet isn't going to be free? no one can know what's in the future, so saying so is really arrogant. Things are far to unpredictable for us to write off tibet as an independent country just yet. Topics like these really pisses ME off.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.