First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Original Anime
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Dame Cabesa
Offline
Posted 11/4/07 , edited 11/4/07
A short summary or reason why would be nice.


I seem to be attracted to animes that do something out of the ordinary so...

So far what I would consider original:
Utawarerumono
Azumanga Daioh
Mushishi
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Moyashimon
Kino's Journey
Haibane Renmei


Whoops, wrong section. Wasn't paying attention.
4769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/07
gotta get lock
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Dame Cabesa
Offline
Posted 11/4/07

coreyb49127 wrote:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/showforumtopic?id=2
reccommended anime topic

btw this is general geez

Was a mistake. Anyways, moving this would be appriciated.

Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/4/07
I like the concept of the topic since I too like Anime/Films with fresh, original storylines and loathe those that aren't.

*Moves to Anime Section*
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/4/07

BasouKazuma wrote:

I like the concept of the topic since I too like Anime/Films with fresh, original storylines and loathe those that aren't.

*Moves to Anime Section*


Well doesn't the concept of 'original' depend on how much anime you have watched and your experience of anime as well?

If I consider those two, I kind of find the question way too subjective to have a good conversation...but then again that's just me and I am freaking noob...*goes away*
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Dame Cabesa
Offline
Posted 11/4/07

mauz15 wrote:


BasouKazuma wrote:

I like the concept of the topic since I too like Anime/Films with fresh, original storylines and loathe those that aren't.

*Moves to Anime Section*


Well doesn't the concept of 'original' depend on how much anime you have watched and your experience of anime as well?

If I consider those two, I kind of find the question way too subjective to have a good conversation...but then again that's just me and I am freaking noob...*goes away*


You sure know how to word things well.
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/4/07

mauz15 wrote:


BasouKazuma wrote:

I like the concept of the topic since I too like Anime/Films with fresh, original storylines and loathe those that aren't.

*Moves to Anime Section*


Well doesn't the concept of 'original' depend on how much anime you have watched and your experience of anime as well?

If I consider those two, I kind of find the question way too subjective to have a good conversation...but then again that's just me and I am freaking noob...*goes away*


Originality is something that is easy to point out when you take all Anime into consideration. You just weed out the ones with similar storylines and you are left with the ones that are unique. By that logic everything is subjective anyway so there would be no point in saying anything. That said, I don't think this has to be a very subjective conversation though many will probably put their own bias into it without really thinking about it.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/4/07

BasouKazuma wrote:

By that logic everything is subjective anyway so there would be no point in saying anything.


Psh I was not trying to make it seem that way at all.

I was considering the question along with the kind of responses we always get in this forum.

Posted 11/4/07

Plagiarize wrote:

A short summary or reason why would be nice.


I seem to be attracted to animes that do something out of the ordinary so...

So far what I would consider original:
Utawarerumono
Azumanga Daioh
Mushishi
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Moyashimon
Kino's Journey
Haibane Renmei


Whoops, wrong section. Wasn't paying attention.


I don't really feel like harping on this because this thread seems perfectly legit.
But asking for people to give a brief summary of why they think said anime is "original" But lacking to do so yourself is a bit hypocritical imo.

Trevor (OP)
343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In The Empty Void...
Offline
Posted 11/5/07
Outlaw Star: it's a new kind of space fighting story
Death Note:COMPLELY ORIGINAL
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/07

GodOfChaos wrote:

Outlaw Star: it's a new kind of space fighting story
Death Note:COMPLELY ORIGINAL


Outlaw Star Original?
Have you ever heard of COWBOY BEBOP!!!

Death Note: Wasn't completely original. It's just a different way of approaching the Genius vs Genius scenario.


If you want originality

MUSHISHI
The whole point of the guy traveling around helping people isn't completely original, but the entire concept of the mushi, each individual episode, everyhing is not only creative and orignal, but breathtaking in the execution itself.
613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/08
arx7arbalest, what u said about mushishi was exactly what u said about death note.

and i think that eureka seven was really cool. gundams surfing in the air leaving a trail of beautiful green currents behind them was really beautiful, a site to see. and the whole idea of eurekas being was pretty cool too. the seven swell phenomenon was cool and those thingies that come out of the corelian was cool.

tell me if that plot isnt original
3343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 1/1/08
Mazinger Z - Original Super Robot
Kidou Senshi Gundam - Original Real Robot
Space Runaway Ideon - Original WHEEE! DEATH!
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Original massive fanbase mindfuck mecha thing.

Wait... You don't mean it like that?

Ah heck, ef ~a tale of memories~ and Code Geass.
7804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / 椅子の上
Offline
Posted 1/1/08
Furi Kuri and Samurai Champloo.
3171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Cal
Offline
Posted 1/1/08
nothing is original except for the first cave painting!
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.