First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Girl rebuilds life after month as a prostitute
2324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / inside my heart
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
p
ros
ti
tute
s
should
st
y
a
way
fr
om
aids
5734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Under pile of HW
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
LOTS of prostitution in Japan and other areas in the East, it's only surprising in the USA since we freak out over even one boob in a movie that makes it rated R
3769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
Sucky sucky 5 dolla (OBO)
2937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / San Francisco CA...
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
so this means the girl from craigslist whom I dated was a 14 y/o? wow....
34454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
wow prostitution 0.0
2478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / L.A.
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
learned yer lesson skank thats all i have to say
9318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Why should you know
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
wow thats intresting.
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
0.o..... whats the difference between prostitues and porn star?.. 0.o i guess the only difference is fame... anyways... i would never want to have anything to do with a prostitue... due to the fact i like girls who are "clean"
16241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/25/08

azjurai wrote:

Prostitution itself isn't a bad thing, if a man or woman (of age of majority in their country/state) is fully aware of the dangers and all the pros/cons of being a prostitute, and still does it, more power to them. Their life, their decision, if people dislike it, well, nobody is forcing them to be one themselves, or to use their services.

That said, underage prostitutes, and those forced to it for any reason, that's a big no-no and should be hit with exceedingly harsh charges.

As for the medium, well, times are a-changin'. Can't stand under a streetlight forever, might as well hit the biggest market you can (in a legal sense, still a no-no for the above semi-paragraph ^^).


On a Random Note: Yay, glad i'm gay.

Back on Topic:

Though it may be highly arguable that Prostitution is not a "bad" thing, since there really is no fixed sense to how bad/good/okay it is for it, like the reasons you mentioned, it can lower the rates of underage prostitution by a whole bunch and even more so; make the gangs lose money.

then what about half grown minded moronic "people" (seriously though; I can imagine up to 30% of the guys I know in RL thinking thats' GREAT and they're going to do it) who are under 18; who don't know better, and would believe it is completely /alright/ to be a prostitute, and maybe even at one point; people will actually view it as a career and kids; who don't know better; would even write "I want to be a Prostitute" as a future career.

Is that really justified? Is it really morally correct; for the most of us, for such an..."job" to be legalized? What about Rights of Women? If prostitution can be legalized, why can't something like zoosexual be legalized? What about under aged drinking? What about all other problems(or in more common terms "shit/crap") that we have in our world that is still in questioning?

after all, its all the same foundation. >_> Having huge spots of gray areas.
Posted 4/25/08
whore
8211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
There are a lot of china prostitutes from where I come from.

But good for the girl.
1878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
what a whore!
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
97 / F
Offline
Posted 4/25/08

Omok wrote:


azjurai wrote:

Prostitution itself isn't a bad thing, if a man or woman (of age of majority in their country/state) is fully aware of the dangers and all the pros/cons of being a prostitute, and still does it, more power to them. Their life, their decision, if people dislike it, well, nobody is forcing them to be one themselves, or to use their services.

That said, underage prostitutes, and those forced to it for any reason, that's a big no-no and should be hit with exceedingly harsh charges.

As for the medium, well, times are a-changin'. Can't stand under a streetlight forever, might as well hit the biggest market you can (in a legal sense, still a no-no for the above semi-paragraph ^^).


On a Random Note: Yay, glad i'm gay.

Back on Topic:

Though it may be highly arguable that Prostitution is not a "bad" thing, since there really is no fixed sense to how bad/good/okay it is for it, like the reasons you mentioned, it can lower the rates of underage prostitution by a whole bunch and even more so; make the gangs lose money.

then what about half grown minded moronic "people" (seriously though; I can imagine up to 30% of the guys I know in RL thinking thats' GREAT and they're going to do it) who are under 18; who don't know better, and would believe it is completely /alright/ to be a prostitute, and maybe even at one point; people will actually view it as a career and kids; who don't know better; would even write "I want to be a Prostitute" as a future career.

Is that really justified? Is it really morally correct; for the most of us, for such an..."job" to be legalized? What about Rights of Women? If prostitution can be legalized, why can't something like zoosexual be legalized? What about under aged drinking? What about all other problems(or in more common terms "shit/crap") that we have in our world that is still in questioning?

after all, its all the same foundation. >_> Having huge spots of gray areas.


For paragraph two, if those people, when they hit 18 still wish to prostitute themselves, let them. At least there would be protections and advice in place to deal with it then. As it is, the only 'shame' involved in it (if it's a choice you made yourself), comes from outside influences, it's a job, it earns money. No different than babysitting or being a sack monkey at Grocery Store X.

Paragraph three, morals should stay away from law. Period. Same as religion. There's too many conflicting views for moral choices to have any factor, laws should be made based on protecting the most people involved under said law.

Rights of women? Last i checked, men were prostitutes as well. If a person chooses this lifestyle, one could argue they are acting well within their rights after all, so there's no real conflict. Some people would look down on men or women if they did it, no different to now.

'Zoosexual' as you say, could not really be legalized until they find a way to communicate directly with the animal to find out if there was consent. As this isn't likely to happen anytime soon, it's a non-issue. If somehow consent was gained though, well, morals would be the deciding factor in any legal decisions, and those morals are, under a perfect law system, invalid. If consent is given by two rational beings, over the age of majority (species variable), who is anyone else to decry it?

As for the other problems, they can all be dealt with in their own ways. There's not a problem around that can't be fixed when looked at rationally ^^
38425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Maui
Offline
Posted 4/25/08

CounterClockwise wrote:


azjurai wrote:

Prostitution itself isn't a bad thing, if a man or woman (of age of majority in their country/state) is fully aware of the dangers and all the pros/cons of being a prostitute, and still does it, more power to them. Their life, their decision, if people dislike it, well, nobody is forcing them to be one themselves, or to use their services.

That said, underage prostitutes, and those forced to it for any reason, that's a big no-no and should be hit with exceedingly harsh charges.

As for the medium, well, times are a-changin'. Can't stand under a streetlight forever, might as well hit the biggest market you can (in a legal sense, still a no-no for the above semi-paragraph ^^).


^agreed. I'm glad that someone here can think.

Prostitution is one of the oldest professions that still exists today. I don't see how it's bad, unless it's forced.


i agree too.
16241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/25/08 , edited 4/25/08
if you do reply; i'll make my reply tomorrow; sorries, getting kicked off the computer by parents ~.~


azjurai wrote:
For paragraph two, if those people, when they hit 18 still wish to prostitute themselves, let them. At least there would be protections and advice in place to deal with it then. As it is, the only 'shame' involved in it (if it's a choice you made yourself), comes from outside influences, it's a job, it earns money. No different than babysitting or being a sack monkey at Grocery Store X.


I was talking about the people that GOES to the prostitution. Though being one is pretty much the same. if all jobs are no different from each other; because bottom line--> you get money, then what would be the difference in child labor and adult work?


azjurai wrote:
Paragraph three, morals should stay away from law. Period. Same as religion. There's too many conflicting views for moral choices to have any factor, laws should be made based on protecting the most people involved under said law.


but our foundation of laws are based on morals, even if we should keep moral away from the law; what makes something right? what makes something wrong? and why? those are all based on morals...its like saying taking food away from dogs; because they don't live on food, they live on the things that food GIVES them.


azjurai wrote:
Rights of women? Last i checked, men were prostitutes as well. If a person chooses this lifestyle, one could argue they are acting well within their rights after all, so there's no real conflict. Some people would look down on men or women if they did it, no different to now.


What are the ratios? In ancient Romans, Prostitution was legalized, but was there male ones? I believe not; since after all, prostitution have been here since...forever, why did we make it illegal? because the basic foundations of it was /wrong/ (in a sense)


azjurai wrote:
'Zoosexual' as you say, could not really be legalized until they find a way to communicate directly with the animal to find out if there was consent. As this isn't likely to happen anytime soon, it's a non-issue. If somehow consent was gained though, well, morals would be the deciding factor in any legal decisions, and those morals are, under a perfect law system, invalid. If consent is given by two rational beings, over the age of majority (species variable), who is anyone else to decry it?


Of course, I only listed zoosexual there...because thats' the first thing that popped up. but Morals change over time, law changes over time, humans ARE changing. (yeah yeah; the issue of prostitution is changing too..>_> else there wouldn't be this debate here in the first place, the next generation(my generation) is going to take over soon, and well...more things like this will pop up and need to be decided)



As for the other problems, they can all be dealt with in their own ways. There's not a problem around that can't be fixed when looked at rationally ^^


everything is dealt with differently, but the foundations of the problems are the same in very basic terms, humans/morals/ethics/freedom/rights....and if you take a deep look at the world; everything is gray...EVERY morally related problem can't be fixed @__@ at least there's no way such a problem would have a happy solution.

if allowing prostitution, at one point; it'll be illegal again, for one, they at times cause marriage problems, then there's legal issues to age problems (e.g: what if a 14 year old guy were to pay some 2x girl to prostitute? whose fault is it? what if he force it?) @__@
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.