First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Girl rebuilds life after month as a prostitute
6324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / everywere
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
well unless she didn't like it thengood for her
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
97 / F
Offline
Posted 4/25/08 , edited 4/25/08

OmokI was talking about the people that GOES to the prostitution. Though being one is pretty much the same. if all jobs are no different from each other; because bottom line--> you get money, then what would be the difference in child labor and adult work?


That's why you have an age restriction on services, we already haven them at bars correct? A similar restriction would stop underage people having access to a prostitute.


but our foundation of laws are based on morals, even if we should keep moral away from the law; what makes something right? what makes something wrong? and why? those are all based on morals...its like saying taking food away from dogs; because they don't live on food, they live on the things that food GIVES them.


I agree, laws are based on moral. Which is why they are so often changed and altered to fit in with the morals of the new government. Instead of basing a law on some moral compass, they need to be based on protecting the most members of a given society from those who would harm them. No morals needed, a look at facts and statistics should give all the evidence for or against making laws.


What are the ratios? In ancient Romans, Prostitution was legalized, but was there male ones? I believe not; since after all, prostitution have been here since...forever, why did we make it illegal? because the basic foundations of it was /wrong/ (in a sense)


No idea on the ratios, as they vary far too much per country and culture. By and large however, yes, females do make up a majority. In ancient Rome there were male prostitutes, as prostitution was hardly a big deal, and homosexuality and bisexuality were fairly common. We made it illegal because of the influence of a Christian moral system. Many cultures were fairly accepting of prostitutes and concubines before this belief system spread to the area.


Of course, I only listed zoosexual there...because thats' the first thing that popped up. but Morals change over time, law changes over time, humans ARE changing. (yeah yeah; the issue of prostitution is changing too..>_> else there wouldn't be this debate here in the first place, the next generation(my generation) is going to take over soon, and well...more things like this will pop up and need to be decided)


Morals do change over time, as do laws. They both change to reflect the society which creates them. But it doesn't mean they both need to be the same thing. Just because we have X punishment now, doesn't mean a more viable punishment may be found in 10yrs, even if we don't see it as more viable at the time. I'm just glad some people seem capable of debating a topic really ^^


everything is dealt with differently, but the foundations of the problems are the same in very basic terms, humans/morals/ethics/freedom/rights....and if you take a deep look at the world; everything is gray...EVERY morally related problem can't be fixed @__@ at least there's no way such a problem would have a happy solution


Agreed, there are only gray areas, if one person says X is right, another is bound to disagree. Moral problems cannot be fixed by other moral problems. Legal problems however, can do without moral problems screwing up the works.


if allowing prostitution, at one point; it'll be illegal again, for one, they at times cause marriage problems, then there's legal issues to age problems (e.g: what if a 14 year old guy were to pay some 2x girl to prostitute? whose fault is it? what if he force it?) @__@


If they cause marriage problems, it's not the fault of the prostitute, it's the fault of the client, so don't throw more bad press on the prostitutes image, as she/he would be innocent in this regard. As for the underage thing, see paragraph one ^^

I'm enjoying this talk i am ^^
7669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Look up.
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
lol At prostituting 14 year-old.
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
dang too bad only girls can do this kinda stuff...200$ bucks an hour...wow
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
97 / F
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
Some men can make a fairly successful living off being a prostitute or escort themselves (note, they're different things >.>).
2548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
that's the truth
3666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/25/08
isn't it too late for that?
16241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/26/08

azjurai wrote:


OmokI was talking about the people that GOES to the prostitution. Though being one is pretty much the same. if all jobs are no different from each other; because bottom line--> you get money, then what would be the difference in child labor and adult work?


That's why you have an age restriction on services, we already haven them at bars correct? A similar restriction would stop underage people having access to a prostitute.


Though legalizing it, would means there are more laws regarding it with ONE law being passed ABOUT it. Wouldn't there be more loop holes created this way; thus, more laws broken? and since the whole point of passing the law of legalizing it, is so people can stop breaking such a law and do them legally. As in, if you have those restrictions; it basically means they're there to be broken >_>

is there a point then?


azjurai wrote:

but our foundation of laws are based on morals, even if we should keep moral away from the law; what makes something right? what makes something wrong? and why? those are all based on morals...its like saying taking food away from dogs; because they don't live on food, they live on the things that food GIVES them.


I agree, laws are based on moral. Which is why they are so often changed and altered to fit in with the morals of the new government. Instead of basing a law on some moral compass, they need to be based on protecting the most members of a given society from those who would harm them. No morals needed, a look at facts and statistics should give all the evidence for or against making laws.


What are facts? What are statistics? Those two things can be affect by morals, for example the fact that homosexual marriage is allow in Canada is because its morally incorrect to not allowed two people to get married just because they're same gender. and the statistics, if you're talking about the statistic of people "for" and "Against" something, those people make those judgments (hopefully) by their morals and common sense, not because of "oh. that one looks pretty and smart, lets choose it"

Though laws should mainly based to protect someone's rights, freedom or physical/mental health, (etc) there's the problem where most members of the given society wouldn't choose to do something even though it may be "justified" to do such an act, for example...Making alcohol illegal. It is RIGHT to pass such a law, since after all, it kills more people than any other drugs per year, and every five hours in Canada (I learned this from school, where some guy comes and talks for two hours =_=;) a teenager in Canada dies because of drug driving neither because some idiot was drunk driving and they died, or they were to driver or the passenger. Every Five Hours, IN Canada (we only have a population of 33million people- NY state have more than us)

I'd say prostitution is a problem alike to making alcohol illegal. (though for Prostitute is making it LEGAL) Facts and Statistics alone, can't meet all the requirements of passing a law.


azjurai wrote:

What are the ratios? In ancient Romans, Prostitution was legalized, but was there male ones? I believe not; since after all, prostitution have been here since...forever, why did we make it illegal? because the basic foundations of it was /wrong/ (in a sense)


No idea on the ratios, as they vary far too much per country and culture. By and large however, yes, females do make up a majority. In ancient Rome there were male prostitutes, as prostitution was hardly a big deal, and homosexuality and bisexuality were fairly common. We made it illegal because of the influence of a Christian moral system. Many cultures were fairly accepting of prostitutes and concubines before this belief system spread to the area.


>_> Okay I guess Romans was a bad example; or a fair one. Though yes, that I'd agree that Christianity have a huge influence on morals and history of humans. Though I'm kinda doubtful that there were Male Prostitutes for "Females" ._. maybe there were male ones for gay males, since homosexuality and bisexuality is allowed for males; since females weren't even considered human after all..the word women means "wife of man"(in old English)


azjurai wrote:

Of course, I only listed zoosexual there...because thats' the first thing that popped up. but Morals change over time, law changes over time, humans ARE changing. (yeah yeah; the issue of prostitution is changing too..>_> else there wouldn't be this debate here in the first place, the next generation(my generation) is going to take over soon, and well...more things like this will pop up and need to be decided)


Morals do change over time, as do laws. They both change to reflect the society which creates them. But it doesn't mean they both need to be the same thing. Just because we have X punishment now, doesn't mean a more viable punishment may be found in 10yrs, even if we don't see it as more viable at the time. I'm just glad some people seem capable of debating a topic really ^^


I'm glad too =3 I had debates much alike with this one but both me and the person were flamming each other's head off >_> (not my fault; they were stupid homophobic people..~.~)

but do we live in the future? we WILL, but we DON'T. What we need to take care is now and what is "guessed " to happen. Not waiting for the times to change so it WILL happen.


azjurai wrote:

everything is dealt with differently, but the foundations of the problems are the same in very basic terms, humans/morals/ethics/freedom/rights....and if you take a deep look at the world; everything is gray...EVERY morally related problem can't be fixed @__@ at least there's no way such a problem would have a happy solution


Agreed, there are only gray areas, if one person says X is right, another is bound to disagree. Moral problems cannot be fixed by other moral problems. Legal problems however, can do without moral problems screwing up the works.


As I have said, the ways of solving the moral problems; even if you don't relate moral to it directly, it will relates to it indirectly one way or another; really, i don't think it can be helped after all, most problems in the world aren't math problems there's no "fixed" answer, or correct answer.


azjurai wrote:

if allowing prostitution, at one point; it'll be illegal again, for one, they at times cause marriage problems, then there's legal issues to age problems (e.g: what if a 14 year old guy were to pay some 2x girl to prostitute? whose fault is it? what if he force it?) @__@


If they cause marriage problems, it's not the fault of the prostitute, it's the fault of the client, so don't throw more bad press on the prostitutes image, as she/he would be innocent in this regard. As for the underage thing, see paragraph one ^^
I'm enjoying this talk i am ^^


Well, there's a chinese saying (translated) "Rather teach them how to hit their child, than teach them how to divorce" Its' not really the fault of the prostitute, but that doesn't mean they don't HAVE faults, since the divorce rate of North America is already around 50%, do we need it to go any higher? It's sad enough that Canada don't have enough birth rates ~_~ in a few years Canadians will be screwed because of baby boomers retiring and health care problems. @_@ but thats' another thing.

though following your logic, are you saying the people who sell drugs (drug dealers) are not at fault for teenagers taking drugs? Again, following your logic, we can also say the reason Prostitutes are illegal is because they CHOOSE to be prostitutes?

isn't that merely just a blame game but not actually doing anything more?

Posted 4/26/08
like dude, if this was true then i wouldn't see any girls when i visit the brothel
Posted 5/1/08

TOF14 wrote:
Itt's a shame shibole, I'm a prostitue

At age 67 I bet you don't get many customers.
Posted 5/1/08

ChickenPrincess wrote:
hmm some person tried to sell sex to me, but im all NO IM TOO YOUNG AND IM A GIRL TOO! ew

What the hell are you talking about?
3109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 5/1/08

Doom-Desire wrote:


CounterClockwise wrote:


azjurai wrote:

Prostitution itself isn't a bad thing, if a man or woman (of age of majority in their country/state) is fully aware of the dangers and all the pros/cons of being a prostitute, and still does it, more power to them. Their life, their decision, if people dislike it, well, nobody is forcing them to be one themselves, or to use their services.

That said, underage prostitutes, and those forced to it for any reason, that's a big no-no and should be hit with exceedingly harsh charges.

As for the medium, well, times are a-changin'. Can't stand under a streetlight forever, might as well hit the biggest market you can (in a legal sense, still a no-no for the above semi-paragraph ^^).


Prostitution is one of the oldest professions that still exists today. I don't see how it's bad.


It's immoral, it's both degrading yourself and (not trying to sound religious because I'm not) bringing disrespect upon your body which should be treated as a temple. Though I'm hardly going to go to the extreme and go all Jack the Ripper. I say if people want to fuck up themselves like that then let them, it's got nothing to do with me. Sometimes, like in the case of sex slaves, they have no other choice.

Fair play that this girls now able to rebuild her life from this experienece, but what annoys me about that whole article based on her side of the story is either spent blaming other people for her actions or justifying them as being a good thing, while at the same time contradicting that and turning on the pity vote with "I just wanted to be happy.", Jesus Christ, as if we haven't heard that one before, I can't stand these people.



i think so too.

Prostitution is one of the oldest professions that still exists today. I don't see how it's bad.
it is bad, because most women who do it don't have a choice, they are forced to. plus, i can't believe that there actually are people who do it out of pleasure. it's just sick and dangerous for their bodies.
ok, and let's say that the society will accept prostitution as a normal job. with that, it will only help more kids to become sex slaves. and how many of them will be able to rebuild their lives afterwards? actually, how many of them will ever be saved?


4498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Somewhere in Phil...
Offline
Posted 5/1/08
what a distorted world.. i wish there was a real life light yagami or lelouch..
13092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/1/08
man you see them everywhere in my neighborhood,
195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 5/1/08
she is so stupid..

i find it funny that her uncle found her on craigslist..hmm i wonder what was he searching for??
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.