First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Revenge.... When does it end?
Posted 5/3/08
sadly never
16257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/3/08

J-A-M wrote:

if u get ur revenge on the person then the person is gonna want revenge back
so when does it end?

1. Do u think revenge is sweet?
2. if u hate the person sooo much for doing something would u get the person back or solve it like a mature person


Question: What kind of revenge are you talking about? 'cause there's the childish ones where you prank each other back and forth, and there's the very serious ones filled with hate. Detail please.


1.Do u think revenge is sweet?


I guess, I mean, it's only natural...o_o; but once you stop and think about it (at a x amount of time- may take years/hours/days/weeks) at one point you'll find it stupid or filled with regret that you shouldn't have done that or what so ever; at least it applies to me.


2. if u hate the person sooo much for doing something would u get the person back or solve it like a mature person


To what degree of hate? I do have a person that I hate with my whole heart; for the rest of my life too, and I'm a very mature person. You wouldn't be able to guess my age if I'm talking to you seriously(e.g: right now; of course you'll know my age if you want by a mere click to my profile -_-;)

Sometimes, even /mature/ people have hate. Though it'd be more reasonable.

for example, I would hate some stupid guy if he pranked me (e.g: putting tooth paste in my shoes in the morning @_@) for probably two days and get over it without doing much back (unless i let my self out of control which I would probably do some worse prank e.g: cut his pants) or give that moron a long lecture.

but if you're talking about ...

lets say, some murder kills your parents out of the blue, for no good reason other than "I felt like it", yes I would by all means, NEVER forgive him, and hate him with all my heart and soul. If I need, I may even give up my own life just to get back at him, or do something equally horrible to him. Thats' what I call revenge, and thats' what I call hate.
3671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114 / F / above-below-beyond
Offline
Posted 5/4/08
they will only stop, until they are satisfied...
308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / British Columbia
Offline
Posted 5/4/08
"Before you seek revenge, first dig two graves".

My thoughts on revenge.
5672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / piLipinas
Offline
Posted 5/5/08
aw .. i'm vindictive in some ways ...
well .. untiL one gets kiLLed ..
then it's cooL and done ...
a Last man standing kinda' thing .....
63898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 5/5/08
Revenge ends when you have dulled out the revenge. Because the revenge has been had. Revenge is like any other dream, you work towards it become consumed with it. And then once you acheive it you think to yourself "Ummm ok what now?"

To answer your question, YES revenge is sweet. If I could get away with it I would have many revenges to give out.

To answer your second question. I would get revenge, because mature people do not do stuff to cause a hatred so deep that it would require revenge. Therefore solving the problem "Mature People" is impossible because one side is already immature. And so by being "Mature" you are merely turning the other cheek and giving the individual of whom you would get revenge upon another chance to hurt you. So why bother?
Posted 5/5/08
Revenge may sound "cool" to some people, but doesn't solve anything. A person could be "getting back" at another person for the rest for their entire lifetime and this would have solved nothing.

Sure, in the begining all your buddies will think revenge is "cool", but after a few years go by, eventually the joke will wear off completely. Unless the problem is truly justified, revenge won't solve anything.

Here is an example; in a person's life time, they had a unplesent teacher. When this person went to their 10 year reunion, everyone in your classroom thought what you were planning was still humorious. Twenty more years go by and this person has their 30 year reunion. The person is still schemuing to get revenge on the teacher, even though the event happened over 30 years ago. This person's friends begin to find this planning childish and not really funny anymore.

Twenty more years even later, the person, now in late 60's isstill planning to take revenge, even though the teacher is way into their 80's. By this time, all this person's remaining friends are telling this person to give up this silly childish idea and move on. By this time almost 50 years has gone by and nothing has been achived. Even after all those years, this person hadn't given up trying to seek revenge on the teacher that was rude to him.

Revenge does nothing but cause more problems. If the problem isn't able to be handled peacefully, try to end the problem by moving on. The moral of the story is to not be vengefull the rest of your life, otherwise you'll be the only person doing so in later years.
3486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Nowheresville, MI
Offline
Posted 5/5/08

J-A-M wrote:

if u get ur revenge on the person then the person is gonna want revenge back
so when does it end?

1. Do u think revenge is sweet?
2. if u hate the person sooo much for doing something would u get the person back or solve it like a mature person


It ends when one of you dies. Revenge isn't sweet, but if someone tries to stomp in my sh*t, I'll stomp back. Not terribly mature, but I'm not above it. It doesn't happen often, but when I feel it's called for I don't hold back, I get really mean about it.

13685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere.... per...
Offline
Posted 5/6/08
short term revenge .... YES... its like when some1 pulled down your pants in the public.... you pull down theirs in return..... then the whole things end... if they don try something funny again.....

Long-term revenge.... i donno.... and i think i never will
63898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 5/6/08

Sousuke2007 wrote:

Revenge may sound "cool" to some people, but doesn't solve anything. A person could be "getting back" at another person for the rest for their entire lifetime and this would have solved nothing.

Sure, in the begining all your buddies will think revenge is "cool", but after a few years go by, eventually the joke will wear off completely. Unless the problem is truly justified, revenge won't solve anything.

Here is an example; in a person's life time, they had a unplesent teacher. When this person went to their 10 year reunion, everyone in your classroom thought what you were planning was still humorious. Twenty more years go by and this person has their 30 year reunion. The person is still schemuing to get revenge on the teacher, even though the event happened over 30 years ago. This person's friends begin to find this planning childish and not really funny anymore.

Twenty more years even later, the person, now in late 60's isstill planning to take revenge, even though the teacher is way into their 80's. By this time, all this person's remaining friends are telling this person to give up this silly childish idea and move on. By this time almost 50 years has gone by and nothing has been achived. Even after all those years, this person hadn't given up trying to seek revenge on the teacher that was rude to him.

Revenge does nothing but cause more problems. If the problem isn't able to be handled peacefully, try to end the problem by moving on. The moral of the story is to not be vengefull the rest of your life, otherwise you'll be the only person doing so in later years.
Now I will take your very same example. Only this time after 10 years of planning the individual mentioned above executes a plan successfully. Revenge is had the individuals hatred disappears and we all move on with our lives.

5463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 5/6/08
If I had revenge in my heart over an event I would do something within five years of said event.
63898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 5/6/08

Sulla wrote:

If I had revenge in my heart over an event I would do something within five years of said event.
Why 5 years if I may ask?

5463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 5/6/08

anti-freeze wrote:


Sulla wrote:

If I had revenge in my heart over an event I would do something within five years of said event.
Why 5 years if I may ask?



Its long enough to be forgotten by the victim but not long enough to make a personal cancer on the planner.
63898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 5/6/08

Sulla wrote:

Its long enough to be forgotten by the victim but not long enough to make a personal cancer on the planner.
Isn't 1 year enough to be for the victim to forget . Anyway, it was just a little weird seeing such a precise number.

640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Why do you want t...
Offline
Posted 5/6/08
I have quite the temper but usually i don't consider revenge as an option in expressing my anger. however, I am not above taking revenge in extreme situations. For example, I sure as hell woud take revenge on the person who harms any member of my family in any way.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.