First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
wats a shoujo???...
1537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / No where xD
Offline
Posted 4/26/08

The_8th_Sin wrote:

It is anime for girls, although it is also defined by a specific art style. I am no expert, but I can usually tell whether the manga or anime is shoujo by seeing how big the girls' eyes are.


How big the girls' eyes are ... lol
It's a good point to know whether it's shoujo or not
550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Germany
Offline
Posted 4/26/08 , edited 4/26/08

mackreki wrote:

What's your issue? I didn't insult you, and now you attack me for making a good point. What research did you do? I usually don't research animes; I tend to watch them. In any case, if you're going to insult my intelligence, please clean up your post's punctuation and capitalization first.





Who insulted you ? I simply stated a fact . If you want to play the repeat what he said game , that 6 year olds play , then you sure as hell are gonna hear things you don't like .

Please dont make me laugh . You just stated you haven't even researched , yet you still argued for the sake of it . Yet you made a good point ?

We will go right to the finale . Trying to correct grammar online is the first sign that someone has been made an utter fool of . If we want to get technical , my grammar is just as good as yours , and unlike yours , i didn't proof-read .



Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but please calm down, both of you
Nobody wants to insult anyone here, right?

I agree that some shoujo animes are really predictable- the plots, characters and so on are so similiar sometimes that I could cry. And I hate predictable storylines. Also, the female main characters are always the same type- either innocent, energetic and clueless, or cold, popular and arrogant (same with the guys they fall in love with). Of course, there can be exceptions.

Also, I agree that many shounen animes/mangas are similiar. Still, I prefer to watch shounen (although I'm a girl), because there are some with really creative plotlines out there. All I want to say is: You both have a point, but what you watch is up to you.

I think both in the shoujo and shounen genre, you can find good animes. Your conversation/arguement is therefore a bit pointless, right?

PS: You can do research on animes too, like looking up information in the internet, search for notes of the creator, look at wikipedia, or the pages created for it, so yeah, there is nothing wrong with saying research, although usually, you simply watch them.

And again, sorry for interfering. I know that normally, this wouldn't concern me, but I just think you shouldn't get heated up because of this :blush:.
2233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / in Heaven
Offline
Posted 4/26/08
definetly anime for girls
28827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / -
Offline
Posted 4/26/08
girl . . . you know like Jigoku Shoujo? it means 'Hell Girl'
1095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 4/26/08

The_8th_Sin wrote:


mackreki wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:

What's your issue? I didn't insult you, and now you attack me for making a good point. What research did you do? I usually don't research animes; I tend to watch them. In any case, if you're going to insult my intelligence, please clean up your post's punctuation and capitalization first.


Who insulted you ? I simply stated a fact . If you want to play the repeat what he said game , that 6 year olds play , then you sure as hell are gonna hear things you don't like .

Please dont make me laugh . You just stated you haven't even researched , yet you still argued for the sake of it . Yet you made a good point ?

We will go right to the finale . Trying to correct grammar online is the first sign that someone has been made an utter fool of . If we want to get technical , my grammar is just as good as yours , and unlike yours , i didn't proof-read .



You simply "stated a fact?!" Don't even start that! It was an insult, even if you think it's true! Also, why do you have a fixation with saying I'm an I'm a elementary school kid? It's wierd, and is not at all grounded in reality.

What's wrong with not researching? Do you research before you post? Doesn't it seem like a waste of time? If someone really pays attention to what they're watching, simply watching anime should be enough to understand it. It is only natural that I should be able to make a good point without research.

The only reason that I corrected your grammar was because it made about as much sense as your insult. Now that you've accused me of illogical attacks, I can ask you in turn, why you think that your original attack was any more based in logic than mine. You insulted my intelligence, not because I used faulty logic, but because I disagreed with you, and that is truly unforgivable. (By the way, I don't proofread, I'm just careful. I've seen far too many posts fail to make sense because of bad grammar or spelling, so I have resolved to make my posts 100% legable.)

I find your attacks unwarranted and bizzare. I am more than a little hurt that someone would take such great offense at what I said, and I believe that you need to calm down and be more polite in the future.




In none of your long rambling did a single coherent thought come out . You go ahead and try to play the tragic heroine ( if you are male you act like a woman enough for this to be valid) .

You chimed in this thread as a smart ass . You simply repeated what i said , and put it on to your argument . Sorry that is very child like , if not downright moronic . If you disagree that is fine . How about you state some facts , or even an opinion of how i am wrong . I simply stated Shoujo is the most redundant . I obviously hit a soft spot with the way you reacted in this thread .


Lastly , i am as calm as can be . I am just disheartened that worlds intelligence has dropped this much . I guarentee my entire post was " legable" so that was another stupuid retort on your end . You are pretty caught up in this grammar thing . It makes me happy though . As someone who doesn't use english as a 1st or 2nd language , i must be pretty good to be as coherent as a native speaker such as yourself .

Either way it isn't even worth arguing with someone who can't comprehend the simplest of things !
2156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 4/26/08

dialaranel wrote:

sori for asking this but i really want to know whats a shoujo???anyone plssss


y dont you google it instead of using this.......
735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Romania
Offline
Posted 4/26/08
don't think shoujo has anything to do with anime, shoujo means young girl, like shounen means young boy
15623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 4/26/08

mackreki wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:


mackreki wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:

What's your issue? I didn't insult you, and now you attack me for making a good point. What research did you do? I usually don't research animes; I tend to watch them. In any case, if you're going to insult my intelligence, please clean up your post's punctuation and capitalization first.


Who insulted you ? I simply stated a fact . If you want to play the repeat what he said game , that 6 year olds play , then you sure as hell are gonna hear things you don't like .

Please dont make me laugh . You just stated you haven't even researched , yet you still argued for the sake of it . Yet you made a good point ?

We will go right to the finale . Trying to correct grammar online is the first sign that someone has been made an utter fool of . If we want to get technical , my grammar is just as good as yours , and unlike yours , i didn't proof-read .



You simply "stated a fact?!" Don't even start that! It was an insult, even if you think it's true! Also, why do you have a fixation with saying I'm an I'm a elementary school kid? It's wierd, and is not at all grounded in reality.

What's wrong with not researching? Do you research before you post? Doesn't it seem like a waste of time? If someone really pays attention to what they're watching, simply watching anime should be enough to understand it. It is only natural that I should be able to make a good point without research.

The only reason that I corrected your grammar was because it made about as much sense as your insult. Now that you've accused me of illogical attacks, I can ask you in turn, why you think that your original attack was any more based in logic than mine. You insulted my intelligence, not because I used faulty logic, but because I disagreed with you, and that is truly unforgivable. (By the way, I don't proofread, I'm just careful. I've seen far too many posts fail to make sense because of bad grammar or spelling, so I have resolved to make my posts 100% legable.)

I find your attacks unwarranted and bizzare. I am more than a little hurt that someone would take such great offense at what I said, and I believe that you need to calm down and be more polite in the future.


In none of your long rambling did a single coherent thought come out . You go ahead and try to play the tragic heroine ( if you are male you act like a woman enough for this to be valid) .

You chimed in this thread as a smart ass . You simply repeated what i said , and put it on to your argument . Sorry that is very child like , if not downright moronic . If you disagree that is fine . How about you state some facts , or even an opinion of how i am wrong . I simply stated Shoujo is the most redundant . I obviously hit a soft spot with the way you reacted in this thread .

Lastly , i am as calm as can be . I am just disheartened that worlds intelligence has dropped this much . I guarentee my entire post was " legable" so that was another stupuid retort on your end . You are pretty caught up in this grammar thing . It makes me happy though . As someone who doesn't use english as a 1st or 2nd language , i must be pretty good to be as coherent as a native speaker such as yourself .

Either way it isn't even worth arguing with someone who can't comprehend the simplest of things !


In case you haven't noticed, this is hardly an argument. This is just stupid banter. If you'd like it to make it an argument, then I would be only too happy to. However, you said that Shoujo was more reduntant, before I disagreed with you, so the burden of proof falls on you first. If I have any arguments after you are done, I will make them.

By the way, I really don't like Shoujo that much. I just thought that Shoujo didn't deserve to get bashed by someone who didn't properly elaborate.

In any case, go ahead and post. Needless to say, I am furious that your first reaction to me disagreeing with you was a childish insult towards my intelligence, but continuing this conversation could hardly improve my mood, could it? I am looking forward to what you have to say, because you seem more eloquent then most CR members.
1095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 4/26/08

Valoro wrote:


mackreki wrote:

What's your issue? I didn't insult you, and now you attack me for making a good point. What research did you do? I usually don't research animes; I tend to watch them. In any case, if you're going to insult my intelligence, please clean up your post's punctuation and capitalization first.





Who insulted you ? I simply stated a fact . If you want to play the repeat what he said game , that 6 year olds play , then you sure as hell are gonna hear things you don't like .

Please dont make me laugh . You just stated you haven't even researched , yet you still argued for the sake of it . Yet you made a good point ?

We will go right to the finale . Trying to correct grammar online is the first sign that someone has been made an utter fool of . If we want to get technical , my grammar is just as good as yours , and unlike yours , i didn't proof-read .



Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but please calm down, both of you
Nobody wants to insult anyone here, right?

I agree that some shoujo animes are really predictable- the plots, characters and so on are so similiar sometimes that I could cry. And I hate predictable storylines. Also, the female main characters are always the same type- either innocent, energetic and clueless, or cold, popular and arrogant (same with the guys they fall in love with). Of course, there can be exceptions.

Also, I agree that many shounen animes/mangas are similiar. Still, I prefer to watch shounen (although I'm a girl), because there are some with really creative plotlines out there. All I want to say is: You both have a point, but what you watch is up to you.

I think both in the shoujo and shounen genre, you can find good animes. Your conversation/arguement is therefore a bit pointless, right?

PS: You can do research on animes too, like looking up information in the internet, search for notes of the creator, look at wikipedia, or the pages created for it, so yeah, there is nothing wrong with saying research, although usually, you simply watch them.

And again, sorry for interfering. I know that normally, this wouldn't concern me, but I just think you shouldn't get heated up because of this :blush:.




I completely agree with your entire post .


Although i wasn't even really arguing . You have to have someone on the other end making valid points to be considered arguing . As you said there are good animes in shoujo and shonen .I never denied this . Even as a guy i enjoyed Lovely Complex Peach Girl Bokura etc .

Shonen and Shoujo can both be redundant . The difference is Shonens get an average of around 10 animes per 1 shoujo . It was even more one-sided 10 years ago . Almost every shoujo story follows the same paths , with the same exact characters , aside from artistic differences . Thats a shame for a genre that should have fresher ideas than all shonens .
1715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / ‡Unknown‡
Offline
Posted 4/26/08
Meaning Girls
Shoujo-ai
2 girl romance
2337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Wilshire and some...
Offline
Posted 4/26/08
its anime for girls...

usually the lead is a girl... and it sometimes contains romance

but most of it is about school life...

11665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / my own world (*_*)
Offline
Posted 4/26/08

mackreki wrote:


Naruto3510 wrote:

Shoujo is a girl,romance with comedy,high school Anime..and Shonen is like naruto or Bleach..Boys action and comedy thing..LOL ilike Shonen better...but if your looking for a good Shoujo to watch then i'd recomend Clannad !!


Clannad isn't a shoujo , nor has it ever been .


oh ..My bad (^_^) ..thanks for correcting!
1095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 4/26/08

The_8th_Sin wrote:


mackreki wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:


mackreki wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:

What's your issue? I didn't insult you, and now you attack me for making a good point. What research did you do? I usually don't research animes; I tend to watch them. In any case, if you're going to insult my intelligence, please clean up your post's punctuation and capitalization first.


Who insulted you ? I simply stated a fact . If you want to play the repeat what he said game , that 6 year olds play , then you sure as hell are gonna hear things you don't like .

Please dont make me laugh . You just stated you haven't even researched , yet you still argued for the sake of it . Yet you made a good point ?

We will go right to the finale . Trying to correct grammar online is the first sign that someone has been made an utter fool of . If we want to get technical , my grammar is just as good as yours , and unlike yours , i didn't proof-read .



You simply "stated a fact?!" Don't even start that! It was an insult, even if you think it's true! Also, why do you have a fixation with saying I'm an I'm a elementary school kid? It's wierd, and is not at all grounded in reality.

What's wrong with not researching? Do you research before you post? Doesn't it seem like a waste of time? If someone really pays attention to what they're watching, simply watching anime should be enough to understand it. It is only natural that I should be able to make a good point without research.

The only reason that I corrected your grammar was because it made about as much sense as your insult. Now that you've accused me of illogical attacks, I can ask you in turn, why you think that your original attack was any more based in logic than mine. You insulted my intelligence, not because I used faulty logic, but because I disagreed with you, and that is truly unforgivable. (By the way, I don't proofread, I'm just careful. I've seen far too many posts fail to make sense because of bad grammar or spelling, so I have resolved to make my posts 100% legable.)

I find your attacks unwarranted and bizzare. I am more than a little hurt that someone would take such great offense at what I said, and I believe that you need to calm down and be more polite in the future.


In none of your long rambling did a single coherent thought come out . You go ahead and try to play the tragic heroine ( if you are male you act like a woman enough for this to be valid) .

You chimed in this thread as a smart ass . You simply repeated what i said , and put it on to your argument . Sorry that is very child like , if not downright moronic . If you disagree that is fine . How about you state some facts , or even an opinion of how i am wrong . I simply stated Shoujo is the most redundant . I obviously hit a soft spot with the way you reacted in this thread .

Lastly , i am as calm as can be . I am just disheartened that worlds intelligence has dropped this much . I guarentee my entire post was " legable" so that was another stupuid retort on your end . You are pretty caught up in this grammar thing . It makes me happy though . As someone who doesn't use english as a 1st or 2nd language , i must be pretty good to be as coherent as a native speaker such as yourself .

Either way it isn't even worth arguing with someone who can't comprehend the simplest of things !


In case you haven't noticed, this is hardly an argument. This is just stupid banter. If you'd like it to make it an argument, then I would be only too happy to. However, you said that Shoujo was more reduntant, before I disagreed with you, so the burden of proof falls on you first. If I have any arguments after you are done, I will make them.

By the way, I really don't like Shoujo that much. I just thought that Shoujo didn't deserve to get bashed by someone who didn't properly elaborate.

In any case, go ahead and post. Needless to say, I am furious that your first reaction to me disagreeing with you was a childish insult towards my intelligence, but continuing this conversation could hardly improve my mood, could it? I am looking forward to what you have to say, because you seem more eloquent then most CR members.



So this all started because you thought i was bashing shoujo ? I guess it is true in a sense , but i don't think i was bashing it in the way you think or thought . I wasn't bashing it as some close minded shonen fanboy . I simply stated how redundant shoujo is . It was obvious from your first comment , that you took it another way though . If your first response was different , i doubt it would of went this far .

So i clearly had the wrong impression of you . Your first impression of me is still probably valid .
1964 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/26/08
IF IM NOT MSTAKEN, IT MEANS GIRL
15623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 4/26/08 , edited 4/26/08

mackreki wrote:

So this all started because you thought i was bashing shoujo ? I guess it is true in a sense , but i don't think i was bashing it in the way you think or thought . I wasn't bashing it as some close minded shonen fanboy . I simply stated how redundant shoujo is . It was obvious from your first comment , that you took it another way though . If your first response was different , i doubt it would of went this far .

So i clearly had the wrong impression of you . Your first impression of me is still probably valid .


Awesome. Although I love arguing, I really hate flame wars, and so I was determained to end it quickly. I'm glad to hear that you don't hate me or think that I'm stupid, and I would like you to know that anything I may have said that offended you was said in the heat of irritation and is not neccesarily true.

What do you mean by "Your first impression of me is still probably valid." Are you saying that you're a jerk?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.