First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Code Geass Dub
1748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/27/08
they murdered it. Lelouch sounds just like Ichigo, which doesn't fit his character at all. Suzaku also sounds too much like Sasuke.
33176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Wherever anime is...
Offline
Posted 4/27/08
I don't think it was that bad actually. Voices didn't completely fit the characters, but none-the-less not that bad.
18976 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 4/27/08
I thought it was great. All of the voices I heard where fairly well fitted to the characters. Though I am a bit iffy about Shirley's...but when I heard orange-kun's voice I was like "omg, dead on!"

Also, keep in mind this is only the first episode, so the VAs are only just getting a feel for their characters. As the show progresses they'll get more of a feel for who their characters are and that will allow them to portray them even better.

On a side note: I've actually met Johnny in person
8969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 4/27/08

Angelonline2 wrote:

I thought it was great. All of the voices I heard where fairly well fitted to the characters. Though I am a bit iffy about Shirley's...but when I heard orange-kun's voice I was like "omg, dead on!"

Also, keep in mind this is only the first episode, so the VAs are only just getting a feel for their characters. As the show progresses they'll get more of a feel for who their characters are and that will allow them to portray them even better.

On a side note: I've actually met Johnny in person

Agreed!

YOU LUCKY BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

10131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/27/08
I was like" woah it's Johnny again!" then I realized how badly dubbed it was but first ep so... we'll see what happens.
18976 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 4/27/08 , edited 4/27/08

Chelle013 wrote:

they murdered it. Lelouch sounds just like Ichigo, which doesn't fit his character at all. Suzaku also sounds too much like Sasuke.


Yeah...that makes since since Lelouch's voice acter also voices Ichigo and Suzaku's voice actor also voices Sasuke... Good ears though!




ChApPy_APriL wrote:


Angelonline2 wrote:

I thought it was great. All of the voices I heard where fairly well fitted to the characters. Though I am a bit iffy about Shirley's...but when I heard orange-kun's voice I was like "omg, dead on!"

Also, keep in mind this is only the first episode, so the VAs are only just getting a feel for their characters. As the show progresses they'll get more of a feel for who their characters are and that will allow them to portray them even better.

On a side note: I've actually met Johnny in person

Agreed!

YOU LUCKY BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!



8969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 4/27/08

Angelonline2 wrote:


Chelle013 wrote:

they murdered it. Lelouch sounds just like Ichigo, which doesn't fit his character at all. Suzaku also sounds too much like Sasuke.


Yeah...that makes since since Lelouch's voice acter also VAs Ichigo and Suzaku's voice actor also voices Sasuke... Good ears though!




ChApPy_APriL wrote:


Angelonline2 wrote:

I thought it was great. All of the voices I heard where fairly well fitted to the characters. Though I am a bit iffy about Shirley's...but when I heard orange-kun's voice I was like "omg, dead on!"

Also, keep in mind this is only the first episode, so the VAs are only just getting a feel for their characters. As the show progresses they'll get more of a feel for who their characters are and that will allow them to portray them even better.

On a side note: I've actually met Johnny in person

Agreed!

YOU LUCKY BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!




Damn I'm jealous! I ♥♥♥ Johnny!

18976 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 4/27/08

ChApPy_APriL wrote:


Angelonline2 wrote:


Chelle013 wrote:

they murdered it. Lelouch sounds just like Ichigo, which doesn't fit his character at all. Suzaku also sounds too much like Sasuke.


Yeah...that makes since since Lelouch's voice acter also VAs Ichigo and Suzaku's voice actor also voices Sasuke... Good ears though!




ChApPy_APriL wrote:


Angelonline2 wrote:

I thought it was great. All of the voices I heard where fairly well fitted to the characters. Though I am a bit iffy about Shirley's...but when I heard orange-kun's voice I was like "omg, dead on!"

Also, keep in mind this is only the first episode, so the VAs are only just getting a feel for their characters. As the show progresses they'll get more of a feel for who their characters are and that will allow them to portray them even better.

On a side note: I've actually met Johnny in person

Agreed!

YOU LUCKY BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!




Damn I'm jealous! I ♥♥♥ Johnny!



Lol, I heard him sing with his band too!
882 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Tokyo Japan
Offline
Posted 4/27/08
I want to watch dub version. Where is it on upload?
8969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 4/27/08

bloodpit wrote:

I want to watch dub version. Where is it on upload?


http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25c392197fafdf011980e11db30028

There you go!
5727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
SOS団 having tea
Offline
Posted 4/27/08
i wonder if we can play code geass games in english now?
8969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 4/27/08

Angelonline2 wrote:


ChApPy_APriL wrote:


Angelonline2 wrote:


Chelle013 wrote:

they murdered it. Lelouch sounds just like Ichigo, which doesn't fit his character at all. Suzaku also sounds too much like Sasuke.


Yeah...that makes since since Lelouch's voice acter also VAs Ichigo and Suzaku's voice actor also voices Sasuke... Good ears though!




ChApPy_APriL wrote:


Angelonline2 wrote:

I thought it was great. All of the voices I heard where fairly well fitted to the characters. Though I am a bit iffy about Shirley's...but when I heard orange-kun's voice I was like "omg, dead on!"

Also, keep in mind this is only the first episode, so the VAs are only just getting a feel for their characters. As the show progresses they'll get more of a feel for who their characters are and that will allow them to portray them even better.

On a side note: I've actually met Johnny in person

Agreed!

YOU LUCKY BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!




Damn I'm jealous! I ♥♥♥ Johnny!



Lol, I heard him sing with his band too!

EYESHINE?!?!??!?! What song did they play!?? ......lucky.........
54266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/27/08
I saw the episode on Adult Swim, I watched it because I was bored. It was good, there didn't seem to be any big miscasts or anything. All the VAs are good too. I still prefer the Japanese version, but that's to be expected. It turned out better than I thought though. I was just going to wait for the DVDs to come out before watching season one of Code Geass again, but now I'm thinking that I might just follow along with the episodes on Adult Swim too...if I happen to be up.

I think I've heard lots of people saying Lelouch sounds like Ichigo from Bleach, but since I don't watch Bleach, I don't make that connection. Lucky for me~! The one thing that bothered me was that Shirley's and Milly's voices sounds kind of similar to me (for some reason). But it's overall okay. I'm going to keep watching it for the heck of it.

But really, I'm mostly watching it to satisfy my curiosity. I want to see if they're going to be cutting out certain scenes later on.
Posted 4/27/08 , edited 4/27/08
Wasn't that guy that dubbed lelouch the same guym that dubbd Ichigo from Bleach?

I kinda noticed it.... hey the dubs were really good. I don't pay much attention to voices though. I never do unless they sound like a someone put a chalkboard in thier mouth and scratched it.
4615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/27/08

azera wrote:

i wonder wat is dub?????



Are You Serious?

Dubbed Anime Is When They License The Anime And The Voices Are Done Over In English Voices With An English Speaking Cast. So Pretty Much Your Just Watching The Same Anime, With English Voices Actors And Depending On The Licenser And The Channel Airing It; There Might Be A Lot To No Censorship At All.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.