First  Prev  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next  Last
Why are people so fond in Horikita Maki?
274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / I'll let you know...
Offline
Posted 5/22/10
What everyone says: She's a good actress and she's really cute. : D
214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 5/22/10 , edited 5/22/10
i don't really understand because personally i think there are much better and cuter/prettier japanese actresses out there i've watched her in hana kimi, nobuta, atashinchi no danshi, kurosagi, densha otoko (small role) and tokujo kabachiand (only watched the start) and in all of them she didn't give me the "woah what amazing acting" feel, shes not bad but just average. her appearance is quite normal too so again quite average. so average acting and appearance yet so famous = O_o

some of my favourites are erika toda, aragaki yui, kitagawa keiko, karina, shida mirai, kuroki meisa and many more. to me they are all better than maki acting wise and appearance wise.

i don't understand yamaki either, have no idea why everyone loves that pairing. for me its yamapi and keiko =D him with yui is quite cute too~
53 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/24/10 , edited 5/24/10
I've been reading through this topic and i find it quite hurtful how people are bashing on Maki.
I agree, she's not THE best actress out there but i love her. I watch dramas FOR her.
To all of those people who think she got famous overnight, that is SO not true.
She's only 21, but has already been more than 50 movies and dramas to date.
She's the actress i can relate most to because she's just like me(except for the fact that she's more stunning, talented, etc.
than i'll ever be) yet, she has a whole career infront of her. She's the oldest amongst her sisters and a good role model.
She was the vice-president of the student body and the basketball team, she likes reading books, she's smart(even sho sakurai was surprised by how smart she is) and she does her best at her job.

I could name at least 5 actresses on the top of my head that i think are overated too but i'm not because i respect other people's opinions.
Therefore, i dunt go around saying spiteful things about other actresses.
Please do the same from now on and stop spreading hateful words about Maki Horikita because to me she's AWESOME.
Poeple out there who hate her are just jealous and need to get over that fact and realize that the only reason they are doing this is because they don't have anything better to do.

BTW, if you still aren't convinced, take it from someone professional such as the director Hans Canosa who casted her in the movie DareKiss. These are just some of the MANY praises Hans has said on Maki.

"She's very young, but I wish more actors were like her. So talented, and so committed to her work. She's a great role model."

"It was really amazing to me that someone so young could have accomplished so much. But more than just having a lot of credits, she can really deliver terrific performances when she's got a great script. It was really an honor to work with her."

"I also like Maki's quest to take on different roles and expand her experience as an actor...And on top of that, she's just so fun to know as a friend. She has a really unique way of looking at the world."

You can read more of his comments on her here: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=100293320365&topic=13367
Please consider this before you comment any further on Maki.
Thank You.
2745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / evergreen state
Offline
Posted 5/24/10
Agree with the statement above.
However, I disagree with the most facts that has been said in here though.
"Maki isn't that pretty": Yeah, she's just cute, not the prettiest out there. But hey, no one has a perfect face right? And in my opinion, Maki is neither of both because she's beautiful.
"Maki is a bad actress": show me your acting for those who said that. Remember, Maki was scouted and refused many times before she had been convinced to enter show-business. Also, if Maki's a bad actress, then how come she have handful of movies in works right now? How about the praises from a HOLLYWOOD DIRECTOR? And what does her awards say? Don't tell me judges these days are stupid then, that's just a pathetic reason.
"blah blah blah is even better than her... coz they are my favorites." Oh so comparing Maki to the actress which are your favorites, cool! Really, whose gonna win then? Also, saying bad stuff about Maki because you think your idol are "better", is just plain dumb. Why? Bias in the air is too much.
2170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / hell
Offline
Posted 5/24/10
i honestly dont kno why people are so fond of her
1309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/24/10 , edited 5/25/10

XxTwilightKissxX wrote:

i honestly dont kno why people are so fond of her


The reasons are similar with why you are so fond of your favorite actor/actress.
5122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / night sky
Offline
Posted 5/25/10
she's cute and boyish, but about the picture????hmmmmmm.....no comment..
5122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / night sky
Offline
Posted 5/25/10
i love her in hana kimi japan and atashinchi no danshi
2557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/25/10
because she acts well and any roles are good to her , simple and so cute
843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / philippines
Offline
Posted 5/25/10
i love her smile it's reallt cute and she really is, a good actress i love her movie 1 missed call
2170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / hell
Offline
Posted 5/25/10

Fei-erl wrote:


XxTwilightKissxX wrote:

i honestly dont kno why people are so fond of her


The reasons are similar with why you are so fond of your favorite actor/actress.


yeah, i guess i just dont see what other people see in her
Posted 5/26/10
Well everyone is entitled to there opinion, so if you hate her fine and if you love her that's fine... but I guess the 'hateness' or haters tends to go overboard and thus post bashful insults which is not so... accepted.. .
True she is not the best actress out there, nor the prettiest but there is some uniqueness in her character and personality which may attract many.
I confess I have a strange fetish for crossdressing dramas and as I stumbled across HanaKimi a long way back I actually thought she was annoying at first.. but IMO she grows on you.
Her dramas tend to be popular (not all though), particularly Hana Kimi and NobutaWoProduce, and to the person who started this thread this is one of the reasons why many are fond of her; due to her popular dramas.
Another admirable virtue of hers is her 'risk-taking' personality, her willingness and courage to try out new roles which may lead to ultimate failures but takes it up anyway.
Furthermore her acting skills are competent enough to win her TV and film awards.
Last point which I can think of is her innocent and pure image, vexing to a percentage of people, admired by a percentage of people.

I know that not everyone is not a fan or dislike her for that matter, and may be fond of other entertainers out there... but to those dudes and dudettes; lessen down on the insults, its doing nothing but adding fuel to the fire...

Besides can you enter the entertainment world and do any better? Just to NOTE that this question is addressed to everyone...

Peace out
126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 1/8/11
shes a good actor. shes soo pretty! i really like her acting and the roles she gets are also funny and she plays them perfectly.
1309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/11/11

cAm3lia wrote:

Well everyone is entitled to there opinion, so if you hate her fine and if you love her that's fine... but I guess the 'hateness' or haters tends to go overboard and thus post bashful insults which is not so... accepted.. .
True she is not the best actress out there, nor the prettiest but there is some uniqueness in her character and personality which may attract many.
I confess I have a strange fetish for crossdressing dramas and as I stumbled across HanaKimi a long way back I actually thought she was annoying at first.. but IMO she grows on you.
Her dramas tend to be popular (not all though), particularly Hana Kimi and NobutaWoProduce, and to the person who started this thread this is one of the reasons why many are fond of her; due to her popular dramas.
Another admirable virtue of hers is her 'risk-taking' personality, her willingness and courage to try out new roles which may lead to ultimate failures but takes it up anyway.
Furthermore her acting skills are competent enough to win her TV and film awards.
Last point which I can think of is her innocent and pure image, vexing to a percentage of people, admired by a percentage of people.

I know that not everyone is not a fan or dislike her for that matter, and may be fond of other entertainers out there... but to those dudes and dudettes; lessen down on the insults, its doing nothing but adding fuel to the fire...

Besides can you enter the entertainment world and do any better? Just to NOTE that this question is addressed to everyone...

Peace out


well said
2349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/12/11
She's not trying to be cute... She's naturally cute.
First  Prev  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.