First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
Can a meaningful romantic relationship exist between an adult and a child?
1429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Netherland Antilles
Offline
Posted 7/6/09
I know a girl she's like 11, and she has a crush on a guy who's 25. She gave her first kiss to him while she was sitting on his lap.

Later on, I think she's 12 or 13, she did it for the first time with some random guy. Everybody thinks she's too young, but she doesn't. All her friends are 16, 15, because she's in the same 'group' as her sister who's 14. Nowadays 11yr old girls think mature >.>
505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Hmm...I just move...
Offline
Posted 10/10/09 , edited 10/10/09
No, I don't. Pedophiles, in my opinion, are just manipulators. Look at it this way: an adult has much more experience than a child. They know more, they know how to tell a lie from the truth, and also, they know what to say in order to get someone to see something their way. An adult and a child cannot have a meaningful relationship simply because...a child is a child. They've been alive for very few years compared to an adult. They haven't experienced many things for them to distinguish sincere affection and love from lust or like, so it would just be another case of an adult taking advantage of a confused kid.
Really. If a ten year-old and a thirty year-old were in a relationship, the ten year-old wouldn't think there was anything wrong with it, since he/she would think they were in "love". When, really, the ten year-old has no idea what loving another person other than their parents would be like.
That's what I think about the whole thing.
4750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 10/10/09
You mean like student to teacher? 0_o
Posted 10/10/09

AdelinaGraceBerneli wrote:
You mean like student to teacher? 0_o

It's a romantic relationship between an adult and a child, regardless of their social statuses. It can be among relatives, coworkers, teachers and students, or even among complete strangers.

I don't think a child can naturally fall in love with an adult simply because how easily a child can be manipulated. That being said it's not like an adult can't behave childish when there are those who do so. Therefore the issue lies in maturity. So unless children these days are behaving like mature adults, then what's not stopping them from having romantic relationships with adults?

Here's something to consider, when the differences between the adults and children literature are the amount of sexual content and violent materials involved. Are today's children actively committing acts of sex and violence, or are they just simply being exposed?
Posted 10/10/09

DomFortress wrote:


AdelinaGraceBerneli wrote:
You mean like student to teacher? 0_o

It's a romantic relationship between an adult and a child, regardless of their social statuses. It can be among relatives, coworkers, teachers and students, or even among complete strangers.

I don't think a child can naturally fall in love with an adult simply because how easily a child can be manipulated. That being said it's not like an adult can't behave childish when there are those who do so. Therefore the issue lies in maturity. So unless children these days are behaving like mature adults, then what's not stopping them from having romantic relationships with adults?

Here's something to consider, when the differences between the adults and children literature are the amount of sexual content and violent materials involved. Are today's children actively committing acts of sex and violence, or are they just simply being exposed
?

what age do you consider then ?? i think that a 16 or a 17 year old is capable of love but well again idn
Posted 10/10/09 , edited 10/10/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:
what age do you consider then ?? i think that a 16 or a 17 year old is capable of love but well again idn

I only fall in love together with a real mature woman, both in mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. Simple as that.

Oh, and I like big butts and I cannot lie.
8356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 10/10/09
As many have stated previously, In order to form a relationship in which both parties are willing, both parties must first understand what said action is. It's way to easy to agree to something you don't quite understand, and it happens all the time. Thus, if a person is not old enough to have experienced and learned about the topic then how could they ever truly understand what the concept of love is, Or the concept of a relationship for that matter. They may only have fragments, or small ideas of what it is and that is definitely not enough to make an educated, informed decision with something that is as complicated as a relationship. So, my answer is "No". Until a person reaches an age where they have the maturity, mental capacity and experience to make a well informed and educated decision it's a NO GO on relationships.

To sum it up,

It's like reading the title of a contract and agreeing to it based on that information alone, It's a foolish and uneducated decision.


Oh, and HAI. I'm back
Posted 10/11/09
It has happened before and will happen again.
2121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Usa
Offline
Posted 10/12/09
A relationship can exist in any form...i take that back animals arent included. Love is very strange and unpredictable, most time it happens for no reason. Guys date younger girls or guys it is possible, you are an adult by the age of 21. i have always wondered if it was possible but do believe it is; if the feeling of love is there than it can work. The saying goes age is just a number.
64464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Limitless Fortres...
Offline
Posted 10/17/09

popezeke wrote:

I have thought a lot about this subject, and despite all the bashing about this subject few people really touch on this. They are too busy either defending their lolicon pic folders or screaming bloody murder about those wicked child rapists to consider the real implications of a relationship between an adult and child.

As a proud lolicon, I am growing weary about people ignorantly bashing my compatriots, and Chris Hanson's To Catch a Predator is possibly the most useless effort ever devised by television.

However I do not approve of child rapists, child pornographers and the like. Rape is one of the great acts of evil committed by humans, and people who put children through such pain deserve nothing but the full wrath of a bullet.

But while all this flaming is going on, few people really consider this:

If a consenting adult and a willing child existed, do you believe a meaningful relationship could exist? Us lolicons can dream all we want, and the haters can sputter all they want, but I want to know what you guys think. I'm not trolling. Promise.

sound off


A "romantic relationship" is usually defined and containing the component of a sexual attraction.

A "child" is usually defined as a person anywhere between One and Twelve years of age.

Most humans do not reach sexual maturity until the ages spanning 13 years to 15 years. Still, most of those individual fall within age-of-consent laws.

So NO. A "child" cannot participate in a "romantic relationship" since they have not achieved sexual maturity, nor do they truly understand the physiological/hormonal changes that would have to be present for them to feel any sexual desire.

Since you have specified "child" in this post, I can only assume that you are referring to a sexual relationship of an 18+ individual (yourself, since you are admitting such in your post), and a person aged 1 to 12.

---- I am always fascinated with what people are willing to reveal about themselves in public forums. I don't really know what Crunchyroll's policies are regarding providing information on its users to law enforcement, but it wouldn't be surprising at all if some law enforcement agency (most likely the FBI) is monitoring this discussion and has put a few of you on a watch list. They would probably have to subpoena CR for your location, but that kind of thing is surprisingly easy for law enforcement agencies like the FBI.

Again, I find your pathology quite interesting, and your willingness to discuss it even more so.

12257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 10/18/09 , edited 10/18/09
We live in a moral society nowadays, hundreds of years ago, people would take children as brides. So, yes, to be completely fair to the concept, it was once commonplace for adults to force children into romantic relationship, which could evolve into something meaningful, if not already. That was a different age of man. We now have a different moral structure, and I find it absolutely repulsive that someone could think of having a relationship with a child. And hey, children can become so screwed up that they enable people with an impulse for such behavior to sink so low, and of course, there is there is the predatory sex offender, who was abused as a child, or simply imagines it's acceptable behavior.

My answer, however, is a no. It mostly comes up as a result of abuse of either party.
1114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Closed Space
Offline
Posted 10/18/09
Rofl.

You have a good point.
It's been a long time since I started this thread or even logged on to CR.
15 pages? What the fuck is wrong with you people?




But about your point. In the year since I've started this thread I've thought some more.

First of all, my question is poorly thought out and unspecific. It does not completely address my true inquiry.
Barring some sort of bizarre mutation or one-in-a-million case, a prepubescent child cannot have romantic love for an adult or even an older child.
Forcing something similar to love would be a twisted thing to do, nothing better than rape. Worse, In a way.

I specified "child" incorrectly. I should have said "loli." The traditional definition of loli derived from Nabokov's nymphet describes a sexually precocious girl aged 9-14. The most commonly accepted age range for lolicons is close to this. This partially includes the 13-15 age range you specified.

However, this whole point is moot because I've been convinced that no such relationship should exist. 18+ people should not attempt to court lolis, as it would result in pain and damage to the loli in almost all cases. (On a side note, I am not 18+ ^^)




But, I really do appreciate replies like yours. A serious, well thought out and intelligent reply. Replying directly to you, My CR account has no relation to any of my real personal information. However, If I am not on some FBI watch list already, they aren't doing their freaking jobs over there.

I still think that the very first reply to this thread is the very best.




Here is a new question I pose to CR. I believe it is much closer to my original inquiry.

Should pedophilia be considered a mental disorder or a sexual orientation?*

*in this question, pedophiles include only anime lolicons, general lolicons, and non-exclusive pedophiles

I want to question the legitimacy of the feeling us lolicons have for lolis.

Posted 10/18/09

popezeke wrote:

Rofl.

You have a good point.
It's been a long time since I started this thread or even logged on to CR.
15 pages? What the fuck is wrong with you people?




But about your point. In the year since I've started this thread I've thought some more.

First of all, my question is poorly thought out and unspecific. It does not completely address my true inquiry.
Barring some sort of bizarre mutation or one-in-a-million case, a prepubescent child cannot have romantic love for an adult or even an older child.
Forcing something similar to love would be a twisted thing to do, nothing better than rape. Worse, In a way.

I specified "child" incorrectly. I should have said "loli." The traditional definition of loli derived from Nabokov's nymphet describes a sexually precocious girl aged 9-14. The most commonly accepted age range for lolicons is close to this. This partially includes the 13-15 age range you specified.

However, this whole point is moot because I've been convinced that no such relationship should exist. 18+ people should not attempt to court lolis, as it would result in pain and damage to the loli in almost all cases. (On a side note, I am not 18+ ^^)




But, I really do appreciate replies like yours. A serious, well thought out and intelligent reply. Replying directly to you, My CR account has no relation to any of my real personal information. However, If I am not on some FBI watch list already, they aren't doing their freaking jobs over there.

I still think that the very first reply to this thread is the very best.




Here is a new question I pose to CR. I believe it is much closer to my original inquiry.

Should pedophilia be considered a mental disorder or a sexual orientation?*

*in this question, pedophiles include only anime lolicons, general lolicons, and non-exclusive pedophiles

I want to question the legitimacy of the feeling us lolicons have for lolis.
A mental disorder like autism only became a known fact due to its cause could be environmental or genetic, and not due to parenting. While the cause for a specific sexual orientation can be either natural, nurture, or a combination of both.

Since we can all concur that children can't naturally have romantic feelings, when children lack the maturity to understand nor navigate the intricacy and intimacy of romantic relationship as such as they are. Then the question lies on the pedophiles, which "include only anime lolicons, general lolicons, and non-exclusive pedophiles": why would they have sexual orientation towards children? When children obviously can't reciprocate nor initiate the same kind of romantic feelings naturally as such as they are, but who are nonetheless a most curious lot and eager to learn. In order for them to establish and understand their identities such as their own sexual orientation.

I think my last statement just answered your own question, in a sense that either due to a specific genetic mutation, or caused by environmental influences, pedophiles grew up and became who they are; someones with an unnatural sexual orientation towards children.
Posted 10/18/09 , edited 10/18/09

DomFortress wrote:


popezeke wrote:

Rofl.

You have a good point.
It's been a long time since I started this thread or even logged on to CR.
15 pages? What the fuck is wrong with you people?




But about your point. In the year since I've started this thread I've thought some more.

First of all, my question is poorly thought out and unspecific. It does not completely address my true inquiry.
Barring some sort of bizarre mutation or one-in-a-million case, a prepubescent child cannot have romantic love for an adult or even an older child.
Forcing something similar to love would be a twisted thing to do, nothing better than rape. Worse, In a way.

I specified "child" incorrectly. I should have said "loli." The traditional definition of loli derived from Nabokov's nymphet describes a sexually precocious girl aged 9-14. The most commonly accepted age range for lolicons is close to this. This partially includes the 13-15 age range you specified.

However, this whole point is moot because I've been convinced that no such relationship should exist. 18+ people should not attempt to court lolis, as it would result in pain and damage to the loli in almost all cases. (On a side note, I am not 18+ ^^)




But, I really do appreciate replies like yours. A serious, well thought out and intelligent reply. Replying directly to you, My CR account has no relation to any of my real personal information. However, If I am not on some FBI watch list already, they aren't doing their freaking jobs over there.

I still think that the very first reply to this thread is the very best.




Here is a new question I pose to CR. I believe it is much closer to my original inquiry.

Should pedophilia be considered a mental disorder or a sexual orientation?*

*in this question, pedophiles include only anime lolicons, general lolicons, and non-exclusive pedophiles

I want to question the legitimacy of the feeling us lolicons have for lolis.
A mental disorder like autism only became a known fact due to its cause could be environmental or genetic, and not due to parenting. While the cause for a specific sexual orientation can be either natural, nurture, or a combination of both.

Since we can all concur that children can't naturally have romantic feelings, when children lack the maturity to understand nor navigate the intricacy and intimacy of romantic relationship as such as they are. Then the question lies on the pedophiles, which "include only anime lolicons, general lolicons, and non-exclusive pedophiles": why would they have sexual orientation towards children? When children obviously can't reciprocate nor initiate the same kind of romantic feelings naturally as such as they are, but who are nonetheless a most curious lot and eager to learn. In order for them to establish and understand their identities such as their own sexual orientation.

I think my last statement just answered your own question, in a sense that either due to a specific genetic mutation, or caused by environmental influences, pedophiles grew up and became who they are; someones with an unnatural sexual orientation towards children.


actually dom maturity is no defined by age but by world experiences you should know that and also woman mature and age much faster than men ever will. why do you think people in early civilization people where much more mature, it was due to the fact they had a much more real world experience instead of this bs life style we live to day but what do i care anymore. I will only date 17 and up but that's just me not like anyone cares what i think anyways =_=
Posted 10/18/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


popezeke wrote:

Rofl.

You have a good point.
It's been a long time since I started this thread or even logged on to CR.
15 pages? What the fuck is wrong with you people?




But about your point. In the year since I've started this thread I've thought some more.

First of all, my question is poorly thought out and unspecific. It does not completely address my true inquiry.
Barring some sort of bizarre mutation or one-in-a-million case, a prepubescent child cannot have romantic love for an adult or even an older child.
Forcing something similar to love would be a twisted thing to do, nothing better than rape. Worse, In a way.

I specified "child" incorrectly. I should have said "loli." The traditional definition of loli derived from Nabokov's nymphet describes a sexually precocious girl aged 9-14. The most commonly accepted age range for lolicons is close to this. This partially includes the 13-15 age range you specified.

However, this whole point is moot because I've been convinced that no such relationship should exist. 18+ people should not attempt to court lolis, as it would result in pain and damage to the loli in almost all cases. (On a side note, I am not 18+ ^^)




But, I really do appreciate replies like yours. A serious, well thought out and intelligent reply. Replying directly to you, My CR account has no relation to any of my real personal information. However, If I am not on some FBI watch list already, they aren't doing their freaking jobs over there.

I still think that the very first reply to this thread is the very best.




Here is a new question I pose to CR. I believe it is much closer to my original inquiry.

Should pedophilia be considered a mental disorder or a sexual orientation?*

*in this question, pedophiles include only anime lolicons, general lolicons, and non-exclusive pedophiles

I want to question the legitimacy of the feeling us lolicons have for lolis.
A mental disorder like autism only became a known fact due to its cause could be environmental or genetic, and not due to parenting. While the cause for a specific sexual orientation can be either natural, nurture, or a combination of both.

Since we can all concur that children can't naturally have romantic feelings, when children lack the maturity to understand nor navigate the intricacy and intimacy of romantic relationship as such as they are. Then the question lies on the pedophiles, which "include only anime lolicons, general lolicons, and non-exclusive pedophiles": why would they have sexual orientation towards children? When children obviously can't reciprocate nor initiate the same kind of romantic feelings naturally as such as they are, but who are nonetheless a most curious lot and eager to learn. In order for them to establish and understand their identities such as their own sexual orientation.

I think my last statement just answered your own question, in a sense that either due to a specific genetic mutation, or caused by environmental influences, pedophiles grew up and became who they are; someones with an unnatural sexual orientation towards children.


actually dom maturity is no defined by age but by world experiences you should know that and also woman mature and age much faster than men ever will. why do you think people in early civilization people where much more mature, it was due to the fact they had a much more real world experience instead of this bs life style we live to day but what do i care anymore. I will only date 17 and up but that's just me not like anyone cares what i think anyways =_=
I can think of two environmental elements that can prove you wrong on both counts: 1)in toady's developed nations, we're getting chemicals in our foods that can cause girls to enter puberty prematurely, and 2)in modern civilized society, we're constantly being morally-challenged by entertainment medias(WARNING: Extremely NSFW).

Animal behaviorism can be altered via environmental elements like climate and habitat changes. But for human behaviors that translate into social and cultural influences among our society. Therefore while we still don't know the genetic cause of pedophilia, we can at least identify the environmental influences. If you can catch my drift.
First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.