First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Be yourself
5245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
Just be what you want to be, I guess? Most people want to be nice, so there's no problem in that. If you want to be a jerk, go ahead, but you won't get far with it.
7590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

Hitoli wrote:

Just be what you want to be, I guess? Most people want to be nice, so there's no problem in that. If you want to be a jerk, go ahead, but you won't get far with it.


What about things like girls though. What if you can get what you want by faking, and if you are yourself you get nothing.like could you really be yourself if instead of being treated normally or good, people say your a pice of shit. This is an extreme case, but i'm trying to say that is it really good to always be yourself no matter the circumstances.
25831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
if ur not an axe murderer oe sumthing negative b urself
7590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

CounterClockwise wrote:

That kind of logic is stupid. Are you just gonna walk up to a random chick and talk to her as if you are talking to your friend?


No not like that. I'm saying anything. what if you aren't yourself and it helps everyone including yourself, is it still better to be yourself. I'm kinda saying that Always be yourself is a false statement, and should not be the case 100% of the time.
25831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

CounterClockwise wrote:

That kind of logic is stupid. Are you just gonna walk up to a random chick and talk to her as if you are talking to your friend?


u can still b yourself just, dont say anything wrong like hey nice rack, you can but be saying it t a networking rack and asking her input, but she would be confused as it has happened 2 me
7590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

n_n303 wrote:


PurpleWasabi wrote:

But if you speak the truth in the moment you may look back later and say, well actually now that i think about it that didn't make sence how i put them down.


if i regret putting someone down. I go back and apologies. I'm not a person who is afraid of apologizing.
but either than that. I see no point on lying to make people i dont know feel great about their stupidity.


So then if you speak freely, you should be able to take critisism with no problem if its justified.
1461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / CA
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
yeap...when i was younger, i always try to not be myself but as i grew older...i thought it was stupid being someone else....
5245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

PurpleWasabi wrote:


Hitoli wrote:

Just be what you want to be, I guess? Most people want to be nice, so there's no problem in that. If you want to be a jerk, go ahead, but you won't get far with it.


What about things like girls though. What if you can get what you want by faking, and if you are yourself you get nothing.like could you really be yourself if instead of being treated normally or good, people say your a pice of shit. This is an extreme case, but i'm trying to say that is it really good to always be yourself no matter the circumstances.


It's good to be who you WANT to be. So if you want to act like some populair dramaqueen girl, then that's fine too. Just be the person you feel comfortable being. Whatever suits you. Look at what you like in other people, and try to do those things too.
I think most of the time, you'll just end up being yourself anyway. Because all we want to be is probably ourselves. We act the way we think is good, we live by our own values.
1296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / [ Canada ] ON; To...
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
I try being nice, it's not hard nor does it irritate me. It's just kind of who I am..
It's great being nice to others when you really mean it. When I'm using sarcasm, I make it really obvious because I don't really bother trying to cover it up.
10476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / I go where Ryu go...
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
there is a difference between being truthful and being scathing. It is often that we come across people who are inexorably malicious. These are people who are unable to control their actions. I can tell you the truth quite easily but I am not going to make you feel horrible about it unless its absoluely nessesary (or I'm being jocular)

In this case I am being myself and being nice at the same time. I dont have to be a jerk to tell the truth. Its unessesary and rude.
7590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

slm07 wrote:

yeap...when i was younger, i always try to not be myself but as i grew older...i thought it was stupid being someone else....


That makes sence. But i think that its more like, your not someone else, but that your dorment.
7590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

CounterClockwise wrote:

That kind of logic is stupid. Are you just gonna walk up to a random chick and talk to her as if you are talking to your friend?


Yeah , but i don't really see the problem with talking to strangers in a normal environment. I don't do it, but if its harmless then i think that we may be to socially defensive.
1281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / hueco mundo
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
i find its impossible to be yourself in schools because being popular matters so much.
if you find people like you would be naturally then youre fine!
unfortunately society is teaching us (us being high school students) to all be the same
even listening to the wrong music gets you into trouble...
7590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

chibi-pengin-love wrote:

i find its impossible to be yourself in schools because being popular matters so much.
if you find people like you would be naturally then youre fine!
unfortunately society is teaching us (us being high school students) to all be the same
even listening to the wrong music gets you into trouble...


yeah i know. It seems that by emphasizing popularity, that we are shutting some people out, that maybe should be our best friends.
1281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / hueco mundo
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

PurpleWasabi wrote:


chibi-pengin-love wrote:

i find its impossible to be yourself in schools because being popular matters so much.
if you find people like you would be naturally then youre fine!
unfortunately society is teaching us (us being high school students) to all be the same
even listening to the wrong music gets you into trouble...


yeah i know. It seems that by emphasizing popularity, that we are shutting some people out, that maybe should be our best friends.


(wow that was a quick reply!)
i lost loads of friends! thay all tried to get in with the popular people
and didnt be my fwend...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.