Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Is this drama what you expected
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 5/27/08
nah Image Image
manga is better
she must be in luv wid night already...
-i'm on episode5-
ahmmnff
its better if soshi is her chilhood friend.//
makes me angry.. Image
Member
579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / New Mexico
Offline
Posted 5/28/08
I am still really dissappointed in the lack of any development between night and riiko in the drama. It hardly seems like the same storyline at all.
72 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 5/29/08

Kagome0427 wrote:

I am still really dissappointed in the lack of any development between night and riiko in the drama. It hardly seems like the same storyline at all.


Oh my, i posted in the wrong topic earlier. darn. anyway, i agree with kagome0427, there's no relationship development for night and riiko in this live drama. all the cute things are happening to riiko and soshi. i have a feeling that the writers are downplaying the riikoxnight to focus our attention to riikoxsoshi since it's the most logical and realistic pairing. that's really bull IMHO. the reason the manga was interesting because it gave us the possibility that a human can be in love with a robot who has gotten a will of its own and a heart of its own and vice-versa. that's what makes zettai kareshi, zettai kareshi. but i guess the live drama is sticking to what is "reality." It only treats riiko and night scenes as comic relief and whatever buildup they are going for the two is superficial. It's like we're being set up to accept the fact that riiko will most likely choose soshi over night and night, being the kindhearted robot, will let riiko go because riiko will be happier with soshi. Oopps, I've blabbered too much. Gomen nasai.
Member
579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / New Mexico
Offline
Posted 5/31/08

weevil_jing wrote:


Kagome0427 wrote:

I am still really dissappointed in the lack of any development between night and riiko in the drama. It hardly seems like the same storyline at all.


Oh my, i posted in the wrong topic earlier. darn. anyway, i agree with kagome0427, there's no relationship development for night and riiko in this live drama. all the cute things are happening to riiko and soshi. i have a feeling that the writers are downplaying the riikoxnight to focus our attention to riikoxsoshi since it's the most logical and realistic pairing. that's really bull IMHO. the reason the manga was interesting because it gave us the possibility that a human can be in love with a robot who has gotten a will of its own and a heart of its own and vice-versa. that's what makes zettai kareshi, zettai kareshi. but i guess the live drama is sticking to what is "reality." It only treats riiko and night scenes as comic relief and whatever buildup they are going for the two is superficial. It's like we're being set up to accept the fact that riiko will most likely choose soshi over night and night, being the kindhearted robot, will let riiko go because riiko will be happier with soshi. Oopps, I've blabbered too much. Gomen nasai.


I completely agree with you. What made the manga so charming was the unique relationship between Night and Riiko. It made the manga more interesting than the typical high school romance. When I first saw that this series was coming out, I was really hoping for a happier ending for the two of them. Unfortunately, I think your prediction for the ending is spot on. I wonder what will happen to Night at the end of this journey. At least in the manga, he had a chance to enjoy life for a while. In this I feel like he is constantly being stifled by Riiko.

BTW, What do you think of Riiko in the drama? I thought she was really sweet at the beginning, but the more I watch, the more she seems to be stubborn. I feel like Soshi is practically having to force her to work towards her dream of being a patisserie. In addiiton, she is so incredibly rude and dismissive to Night - it really ruins most of the scenes between them.

Oh well, we can always hope for a Zettai Kareshi anime.
72 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 6/2/08

Kagome0427 wrote:

I completely agree with you. What made the manga so charming was the unique relationship between Night and Riiko. It made the manga more interesting than the typical high school romance. When I first saw that this series was coming out, I was really hoping for a happier ending for the two of them. Unfortunately, I think your prediction for the ending is spot on. I wonder what will happen to Night at the end of this journey. At least in the manga, he had a chance to enjoy life for a while. In this I feel like he is constantly being stifled by Riiko.

BTW, What do you think of Riiko in the drama? I thought she was really sweet at the beginning, but the more I watch, the more she seems to be stubborn. I feel like Soshi is practically having to force her to work towards her dream of being a patisserie. In addiiton, she is so incredibly rude and dismissive to Night - it really ruins most of the scenes between them.

Oh well, we can always hope for a Zettai Kareshi anime.


Riiko in this drama is very inconsistent in terms of her relationship with Night. One day she's happy with what he's doing, the next day she's, like you said, rude and dismissive. I haven't seen any justification as to why she bought Night in the first place. Okay, she felt pity for the robot at first. But after that, what are her feelings for him? A pet or an appliance? I mean, a living, breathing pet gets more caring and attention; an appliance, on the other hand, like the roomba, is just there when you need it so it doesn't need anything from you at all. Maybe that's what she thinks now. In terms of her overall personality, I think that's not stubbornness, I think it's more of not being confident in her abilities.

If a Zettai Kareshi anime comes out, I hope it remains true to the core of the story. I mean, it's alright to change settings, tweak characters but the essence of the plot should be there ne. :)
38 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada. Buh!
Offline
Posted 6/4/08 , edited 6/4/08
I'm kind of disappointed, I really wanted it to be like the manga, but it's so different.
I prefer the setting were in high school, instead of work?

Riiko is so rude towards Night it seems as though she doesn't really care about him in the live action/drama, but you had this sense she appreciated Night in the manga. OH and Mika got to Night to easily, it seems to be as though the screen writers were being lazy and tried to make the storyline go faster, -___-"

I know when they make manga into drama they mess around with it a bit, but ... they didn't need to tweak things so much in Zettai Kareshi, it's totally different, and you feel somewhat lost from the plot from the manga, you know? OH, and Soshi.. AI CARAMBA! I liked him with the glasses instead of the outgoing ... flirt ? D:
Member
2170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / China
Offline
Posted 6/6/08
it is not what i expected and i'm kinda disappointed
the drama is so different from the manga

and i think the drama can use better actor to be night tenjo
no offense for mikimochi fans ( i like him better in gokusen 2)

but i still watching it and will be watching it till the end
168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/10/08

panamakira wrote:

Well, the characters are definitely better than the manga. I just couldn't stand the manga, it was stupid but maybe Hiro and Hayami on the drama will make it more interesting, definitely EYE CANDY!


I agree.
I almost didn't finish the manga but I like the drama adaptation. It's better they changed the age group, I think the plot is more appropriate for adults than HS students.
80745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Poland
Offline
Posted 6/11/08
It's fantastic!!!!
3415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / California
Offline
Posted 6/12/08

Katapa wrote:


panamakira wrote:

Well, the characters are definitely better than the manga. I just couldn't stand the manga, it was stupid but maybe Hiro and Hayami on the drama will make it more interesting, definitely EYE CANDY!


I agree.
I almost didn't finish the manga but I like the drama adaptation. It's better they changed the age group, I think the plot is more appropriate for adults than HS students.


Yeah, well I'm glad other people got the same from the manga. I mean the story in the manga was great, it just lacked more character development or maybe personality? The drama definetely delivered in that sense so far but it's evident since they changed the age group that the story in the drama will most likely have a different ending....
Member
987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Earth/Gaia/Mother...
Offline
Posted 6/12/08
Hmmm... I can see there are alot of negative comments about Riiko's character in this live action drama... Well i have to agree about the rudeness of Riiko towards Night... Soshi is being too forceful towards Riiko into loving him thus making Riiko ignore Night. I hope the screenwriters make some dramatic twist in the story... Night and Riiko together in the ending would be sweet!
2746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 6/13/08
I love the drama so far. coz I haven't read the manga hehehe. But since Hiro is in this drama that's why I'm watching it and I'm starting to like Hayami also
197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 6/13/08
Bcos i didnt read the manga, so I do not really know the story. But I love this drama. love the storyline and the cast. An interesting storyline <3
Member
35 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / the netherlands
Offline
Posted 6/15/08
hmm i like the manga better and i would dance if there was an anime of it xD i would be really really happy.. i would like the anime more (if its like the orginal manga storyline though)
but i think they did a nice job acting..
but still xD ANIME PLEEEEAAAZZ
Member
638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / california homie
Offline
Posted 6/15/08
The manga is good but the series is good too even though the storylines are pretty much different.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.