First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Why some asians don't like other asian songs?
952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere..
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
hey guys.. just posting this cuz i'm curious.. why do
people whatever your nationality is.. don't like some asian musics?
143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Home
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
personally i dont like much asian music cuz one most of the time i dont understand the lyrics nd even when its translated two probably cuz most of the songs are about love and i think ive heard enough of those already and three i dont have the effort to look up asian songs are are not about love lol XD
2300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

angel__yfc wrote:

hey guys.. just posting this cuz i'm curious.. why do
people whatever your nationality is.. don't like some asian musics?


Pretty dumb question. Where ever your from, you do like all of your country's music? Every song ever?
952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere..
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

Kizer_kun wrote:


angel__yfc wrote:

hey guys.. just posting this cuz i'm curious.. why do
people whatever your nationality is.. don't like some asian musics?


Pretty dumb question. Where ever your from, you do like all of your country's music? Every song ever?

but the thing is.. say your filipino and you listen to japanese music.. some filipinos don't like jap music and stuff for a variety of
reasons.. i just want to know what people think about stuff like that..
2300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

angel__yfc wrote:


Kizer_kun wrote:


angel__yfc wrote:

hey guys.. just posting this cuz i'm curious.. why do
people whatever your nationality is.. don't like some asian musics?


Pretty dumb question. Where ever your from, you do like all of your country's music? Every song ever?

but the thing is.. say your filipino and you listen to japanese music.. some filipinos don't like jap music and stuff for a variety of
reasons.. i just want to know what people think about stuff like that..


Every culture has their own style of music. American music would sound nothing like Spanish, you understand? Some people like it, some people do not. Its a matter of tastes. Maybe its just not big in the Philippines. Who knows.
1453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
Because of understanding the lyrics. That's my main one.

I recently branched out into Japanese music but all the songs I listen to I've seen the translations for, or else I won't listen to them. I guess lyrics are just really important to me.
952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere..
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

Kizer_kun wrote:


angel__yfc wrote:


Kizer_kun wrote:


angel__yfc wrote:

hey guys.. just posting this cuz i'm curious.. why do
people whatever your nationality is.. don't like some asian musics?


Pretty dumb question. Where ever your from, you do like all of your country's music? Every song ever?

but the thing is.. say your filipino and you listen to japanese music.. some filipinos don't like jap music and stuff for a variety of
reasons.. i just want to know what people think about stuff like that..


Every culture has their own style of music. American music would sound nothing like Spanish, you understand? Some people like it, some people do not. Its a matter of tastes. Maybe its just not big in the Philippines. Who knows.


true true.. see that's what i'm getting at! like i'm not bias-ing or anyhting like that.. i just want to know what ppl think..
like your answer just now
2300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

angel__yfc wrote:


Kizer_kun wrote:


angel__yfc wrote:


Kizer_kun wrote:


angel__yfc wrote:

hey guys.. just posting this cuz i'm curious.. why do
people whatever your nationality is.. don't like some asian musics?


Pretty dumb question. Where ever your from, you do like all of your country's music? Every song ever?

but the thing is.. say your filipino and you listen to japanese music.. some filipinos don't like jap music and stuff for a variety of
reasons.. i just want to know what people think about stuff like that..


Every culture has their own style of music. American music would sound nothing like Spanish, you understand? Some people like it, some people do not. Its a matter of tastes. Maybe its just not big in the Philippines. Who knows.


true true.. see that's what i'm getting at! like i'm not bias-ing or anyhting like that.. i just want to know what ppl think..
like your answer just now


Some music I like, some I don't, though because of my Spanish heritage, beats and thump mean a lot to me, so I guess I like that the most.
37708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / アメリカ
Offline
Posted 4/28/08

angel__yfc wrote:

hey guys.. just posting this cuz i'm curious.. why do
people whatever your nationality is.. don't like some asian musics?


Same reason why I only listen to foreign music generally. Songs from their own country just doesnt interest them as do songs from my country dont interest me.
5576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Asia
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
because of the lyrics.. some asians dont understand it..
3619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / NotEvenWorth YOuR...
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
i love asian music. i'm chinese, but i definitely think tw, korean, and japanese songs are better.
Posted 4/28/08
Well the language barrier.
730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / california
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
i agree about the lyrics...for me i have to understand what the song is about. i mean yeah the beat counts but what gives a song meaning for everyone are the lyrics and what feelings and emotions they evoke for the individual.
301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/28/08
It's because they don't understand the song from other countries....
3126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/28/08 , edited 4/28/08
It's not that i dont like asian music, it's just that my appreciation of a song is the totality of the lyrics plus the arragement (tune, dynamics, measure, melody). If one is lacking, then the music/song is somewhat absurd.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.