First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
If you had the chance to go back in time and turn your life around, how would you do it?
1185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/3/08

RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:


RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:

I'd go back and not do all the things ive regretted doing


lol regret what? you're 13, you've got at least a decade or two of the best years in a human lifetime. Anything bad you feel right now will pale in comparison with what you will face as an adult.


I'm 14 acctually and trust me theres alot OF THINGS I WISHED I'VE NEVER DONE and if I erased them i would be alot happier


same age as me huh?... Fortunately i have a weak memory and so i can lead a happy life without regrets... because I don't remember them XD.
"If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today."
-Rotarian
"One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory."
-Rita Mae Brown
"Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."
-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)
"A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience."
- Doug Larson
http://www.quotationspage.com/search.php3?homesearch=memory&startsearch=Search


Good quotes but still wouldnt you be happier if everytime you thought "dang i shouldnt have done that" you just go back in time and not do it. I know if you keep on holding on to the things from the past u cant have a happy life but still everywone would be alot happier if they just had the ability to erase that one thing they did.
332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / San Antonio, Texas
Offline
Posted 5/3/08

Tylerx27 wrote:


RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:


RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:

I'd go back and not do all the things ive regretted doing


lol regret what? you're 13, you've got at least a decade or two of the best years in a human lifetime. Anything bad you feel right now will pale in comparison with what you will face as an adult.


I'm 14 acctually and trust me theres alot OF THINGS I WISHED I'VE NEVER DONE and if I erased them i would be alot happier


same age as me huh?... Fortunately i have a weak memory and so i can lead a happy life without regrets... because I don't remember them XD.
"If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today."
-Rotarian
"One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory."
-Rita Mae Brown
"Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."
-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)
"A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience."
- Doug Larson
http://www.quotationspage.com/search.php3?homesearch=memory&startsearch=Search


Good quotes but still wouldnt you be happier if everytime you thought "dang i shouldnt have done that" you just go back in time and not do it. I know if you keep on holding on to the things from the past u cant have a happy life but still everywone would be alot happier if they just had the ability to erase that one thing they did.


I would not be happier. I'm glad i had a tough childhood and I'm glad i have bad parents and I'm glad i grew up and went to school like I did, because it made me who I am. I'm also glad i don't remember many of the bad things that have happened between my parents. I'm glad i was fascinated with science when i was little and made my reading level twice as high as other people my age. I'm glad I read 8th grade level in 3rd grade. I'm glad i wasn't very cool. Really, I' don't regret much. If you went back into the past you would become unrecognizable, and probably much less of a person.
1185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/3/08

RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:


RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:


RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:

I'd go back and not do all the things ive regretted doing


lol regret what? you're 13, you've got at least a decade or two of the best years in a human lifetime. Anything bad you feel right now will pale in comparison with what you will face as an adult.


I'm 14 acctually and trust me theres alot OF THINGS I WISHED I'VE NEVER DONE and if I erased them i would be alot happier


same age as me huh?... Fortunately i have a weak memory and so i can lead a happy life without regrets... because I don't remember them XD.
"If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today."
-Rotarian
"One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory."
-Rita Mae Brown
"Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."
-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)
"A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience."
- Doug Larson
http://www.quotationspage.com/search.php3?homesearch=memory&startsearch=Search


Good quotes but still wouldnt you be happier if everytime you thought "dang i shouldnt have done that" you just go back in time and not do it. I know if you keep on holding on to the things from the past u cant have a happy life but still everywone would be alot happier if they just had the ability to erase that one thing they did.


I would not be happier. I'm glad i had a tough childhood and I'm glad i have bad parents and I'm glad i grew up and went to school like I did, because it made me who I am. I'm also glad i don't remember many of the bad things that have happened between my parents. I'm glad i was fascinated with science when i was little and made my reading level twice as high as other people my age. I'm glad I read 8th grade level in 3rd grade. I'm glad i wasn't very cool. Really, I' don't regret much. If you went back into the past you would become unrecognizable, and probably much less of a person.


So what you're saying is you're glad for all the times you've made others feel bad just for a laugh your glad for all the times you've hurt or wrongly accused another person and youre glad for all the trouble you sometimes make your parents go through... you and I must be complete opposites
85095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/08
yes i would in the in the 70's people swear the funky i like that
Posted 5/3/08
Havent you guys seen Back To The Future...awesome film btw ...erm..anyway...what you do in the past alters your future!

The slightest thing will change your destiny. So no! My life is great, and my mistakes have helped me get here, so why change them?
332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / San Antonio, Texas
Offline
Posted 5/3/08

Tylerx27 wrote:


RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:


RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:


RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:

I'd go back and not do all the things ive regretted doing


lol regret what? you're 13, you've got at least a decade or two of the best years in a human lifetime. Anything bad you feel right now will pale in comparison with what you will face as an adult.


I'm 14 acctually and trust me theres alot OF THINGS I WISHED I'VE NEVER DONE and if I erased them i would be alot happier


same age as me huh?... Fortunately i have a weak memory and so i can lead a happy life without regrets... because I don't remember them XD.
"If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today."
-Rotarian
"One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory."
-Rita Mae Brown
"Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."
-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)
"A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience."
- Doug Larson
http://www.quotationspage.com/search.php3?homesearch=memory&startsearch=Search


Good quotes but still wouldnt you be happier if everytime you thought "dang i shouldnt have done that" you just go back in time and not do it. I know if you keep on holding on to the things from the past u cant have a happy life but still everywone would be alot happier if they just had the ability to erase that one thing they did.


I would not be happier. I'm glad i had a tough childhood and I'm glad i have bad parents and I'm glad i grew up and went to school like I did, because it made me who I am. I'm also glad i don't remember many of the bad things that have happened between my parents. I'm glad i was fascinated with science when i was little and made my reading level twice as high as other people my age. I'm glad I read 8th grade level in 3rd grade. I'm glad i wasn't very cool. Really, I' don't regret much. If you went back into the past you would become unrecognizable, and probably much less of a person.


So what you're saying is you're glad for all the times you've made others feel bad just for a laugh your glad for all the times you've hurt or wrongly accused another person and youre glad for all the trouble you sometimes make your parents go through... you and I must be complete opposites


I wouldn't really know, but you're the one who added me XD. What I keep in mind is this, "nobody cares". What i say, do , or look like, nobody gives a damn. Your parents, your loved ones, are the only people who truly care about you. In another person's mind, even a friends, they don't really think about you or how you acted and how it might affect your future in a certain subject, no, if you acted stupid in a class they would think it was funny while your parents would worry about how this would affect your relationship with a teacher in the long term.
On the same hand, its not like you think like this about your friends either. You would think about how you had a nice time and how your friend was cool today. But that friend may be hiding a hurt feeling, maybe she acted stupid and got into trouble with administration and was just hiding it from you. And you would have never noticed, or given a second thought to that funny incident in class... And if you think about it, everyone is about the same, they all think the same, they all act the same, and we're just like everybody else, unperceptive, insecure, and not going to deep in order to protect our egos...
1185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/3/08

RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:


RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:


RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:


RagingAura wrote:


Tylerx27 wrote:

I'd go back and not do all the things ive regretted doing


lol regret what? you're 13, you've got at least a decade or two of the best years in a human lifetime. Anything bad you feel right now will pale in comparison with what you will face as an adult.


I'm 14 acctually and trust me theres alot OF THINGS I WISHED I'VE NEVER DONE and if I erased them i would be alot happier


same age as me huh?... Fortunately i have a weak memory and so i can lead a happy life without regrets... because I don't remember them XD.
"If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today."
-Rotarian
"One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory."
-Rita Mae Brown
"Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."
-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)
"A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience."
- Doug Larson
http://www.quotationspage.com/search.php3?homesearch=memory&startsearch=Search


Good quotes but still wouldnt you be happier if everytime you thought "dang i shouldnt have done that" you just go back in time and not do it. I know if you keep on holding on to the things from the past u cant have a happy life but still everywone would be alot happier if they just had the ability to erase that one thing they did.


I would not be happier. I'm glad i had a tough childhood and I'm glad i have bad parents and I'm glad i grew up and went to school like I did, because it made me who I am. I'm also glad i don't remember many of the bad things that have happened between my parents. I'm glad i was fascinated with science when i was little and made my reading level twice as high as other people my age. I'm glad I read 8th grade level in 3rd grade. I'm glad i wasn't very cool. Really, I' don't regret much. If you went back into the past you would become unrecognizable, and probably much less of a person.


So what you're saying is you're glad for all the times you've made others feel bad just for a laugh your glad for all the times you've hurt or wrongly accused another person and youre glad for all the trouble you sometimes make your parents go through... you and I must be complete opposites


I wouldn't really know, but you're the one who added me XD. What I keep in mind is this, "nobody cares". What i say, do , or look like, nobody gives a damn. Your parents, your loved ones, are the only people who truly care about you. In another person's mind, even a friends, they don't really think about you or how you acted and how it might affect your future in a certain subject, no, if you acted stupid in a class they would think it was funny while your parents would worry about how this would affect your relationship with a teacher in the long term.
On the same hand, its not like you think like this about your friends either. You would think about how you had a nice time and how your friend was cool today. But that friend may be hiding a hurt feeling, maybe she acted stupid and got into trouble with administration and was just hiding it from you. And you would have never noticed, or given a second thought to that funny incident in class... And if you think about it, everyone is about the same, they all think the same, they all act the same, and we're just like everybody else, unperceptive, insecure, and not going to deep in order to protect our egos...


You make a good point and until I can think of a comeback u win ...
PS:Glad I added u you're a good person to have a debate with
332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / San Antonio, Texas
Offline
Posted 5/3/08
Thanks
I just spend a lot of time thinking about stuff like this. Unfortunately i lapse into thinking a lot at the most inopportune times... while working, cleaning or doing important tasks...
Posted 5/3/08

nina2 wrote:


jesusosorio wrote:


nina2 wrote:

i would want my mom to teach me more languages.....and make sure i don't do the same stuff i regetted


How can you regret anything... YOU'RE 13!!!


even though i'm thirteen ..i think about a lot of stuff..like reality....can i make a good living....will i find the guy of my dreams wen i grow older......i regret a lot of things too..like why'd I buy something so stupid..or why'd I throw away this paper that was really important 4 this class... or if i'd have thought this out and told my mom that ..maybe our car wouldn't have had all the expensive stuff we took to our cousins house stolen*sounds weird but i'm tryin to cut the story short, the longer version of the story makes sense*.....Thats wen i got my i pod stolen..i regretted that a lot......and then my sis..wen she hurt her head by falling down and she had too go to the emergency room...or if I could have known more about medicine and questioned why the doctor gave this medicine to my grandpa..or why I didn't go see my other grandpa enough before he died.....or how my life will be since the economy is so bad in the USA....how will that effect my life..sometimes i just want to not think of these things ...but i think of things with deep thoughts.........sometimes my friends think i act older than i am......... if i ever got a B on my report card..i stess out on it cause I think B's r bad bad bad....i think A- r ..i could have tried harder.....Its the same 4 A's ...so I tried really hard last semester and got 4 A+ an E for PE and 2 A's....... yep...yep...and in 6th grade i got 2 B's one time and i was like killin myself mentally..because of that.......so yeah a 13 yearold can have a lot to regret and think about......^__^


I'm sorry, I had no idea... I know the topic is asking about your regrets, but you shouldn't beat yourself up about what you did or didn't do. It's all in the past and there's no changing it now, right? From the way you sound, you do seem to think differently than the average 13 year old, which is a good thing but despite the hardships you face, past and present, you should stay focused on the road ahead as well.
12819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / on Venus...u no.....
Offline
Posted 5/3/08

jesusosorio wrote:


nina2 wrote:


jesusosorio wrote:


nina2 wrote:

i would want my mom to teach me more languages.....and make sure i don't do the same stuff i regetted


How can you regret anything... YOU'RE 13!!!


even though i'm thirteen ..i think about a lot of stuff..like reality....can i make a good living....will i find the guy of my dreams wen i grow older......i regret a lot of things too..like why'd I buy something so stupid..or why'd I throw away this paper that was really important 4 this class... or if i'd have thought this out and told my mom that ..maybe our car wouldn't have had all the expensive stuff we took to our cousins house stolen*sounds weird but i'm tryin to cut the story short, the longer version of the story makes sense*.....Thats wen i got my i pod stolen..i regretted that a lot......and then my sis..wen she hurt her head by falling down and she had too go to the emergency room...or if I could have known more about medicine and questioned why the doctor gave this medicine to my grandpa..or why I didn't go see my other grandpa enough before he died.....or how my life will be since the economy is so bad in the USA....how will that effect my life..sometimes i just want to not think of these things ...but i think of things with deep thoughts.........sometimes my friends think i act older than i am......... if i ever got a B on my report card..i stess out on it cause I think B's r bad bad bad....i think A- r ..i could have tried harder.....Its the same 4 A's ...so I tried really hard last semester and got 4 A+ an E for PE and 2 A's....... yep...yep...and in 6th grade i got 2 B's one time and i was like killin myself mentally..because of that.......so yeah a 13 yearold can have a lot to regret and think about......^__^


I'm sorry, I had no idea... I know the topic is asking about your regrets, but you shouldn't beat yourself up about what you did or didn't do. It's all in the past and there's no changing it now, right? From the way you sound, you do seem to think differently than the average 13 year old, which is a good thing but despite the hardships you face, past and present, you should stay focused on the road ahead as well.


oh i do..i seem to have lots of goals 4 my future and wat i should do to get there
Posted 5/3/08
i would have gone back in time just to remember somethings in my past i don't quite remember but they were important things...
1461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / CA
Offline
Posted 5/3/08
I'll go back to being 12 when i was single and free where there's only school works to worry about...
10369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / ..somewhere magic...
Offline
Posted 5/14/08
I WONT CHANGE EVERYTHING
Posted 5/14/08
I wud tell my mum not to marry my dad!
655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / uk
Offline
Posted 5/14/08
Change a lot about me, try to do better in school and cheat in exams ^^
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.