First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
XBOX 360 Console Problems
18901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 1/19/09 , edited 1/19/09
People always make a big deal about the red ring, all it is is the warning light saying "Something's broken inside" and PS3 fanboys automatically jump and say "lalz redrings for sux0rz buy ps3 cause it's pretty and shiney"

Essentially the most common problem and this was in the first batches made that weren't corrected until a later model (Not first batch sold, if you bought it within the first year or two you should keep an eye out) was that there wasn't enough thermal paste on the GPU so if you have basic computer repair knowledge or someone that does, you can try the repair yourself. It's just a matter of applying more thermal paste, if you bought one recently or are thinking of buying one you're pretty much safe, if you have an older model and it happen to you and you didn't send it back to microsoft (they even extended their factory warranty a year or two I forget how long if you had a red ring) you're more or less SOL, but like I said you can try the repair yourself.

This board has always been full of 360 haters for some reason. I'm going to start having a copied script because certain comments are starting to annoy me.

360 is not an add-on peddler. That title unfortunately belongs to the Nintendo Wii. The biggest add-on people complain about is the wifi adapter because apparently since the PS3 shipped with one two years later, the 360 should've had the foresight to ship with one in preparation for that. Everything else is the same. In fact screw that, my xbox came with component cables and my PS3 came with standard AV cables. I had to buy an extra 40 or 50 dollar set of cables just so I can get HD out of the most advanced gaming system ever built
4340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / EVERYWHERE!!!
Offline
Posted 1/19/09

jst abt the last bit abt buyin cables for the ps3, only certain xboxs come with the hd cables, 2 of my m8s have an xbox one of them got the elite i think the one with halo and green he got the cables were as my other m8 got the arcade and didnt get the cables so....
18901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 1/19/09

S108 wrote:


jst abt the last bit abt buyin cables for the ps3, only certain xboxs come with the hd cables, 2 of my m8s have an xbox one of them got the elite i think the one with halo and green he got the cables were as my other m8 got the arcade and didnt get the cables so....


Even the most die-hard 360 fanboy will tell you the 360 arcade is like gimped. But at least it's only 200 bucks now.

4340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / EVERYWHERE!!!
Offline
Posted 1/19/09

chronomasakari wrote:


S108 wrote:


jst abt the last bit abt buyin cables for the ps3, only certain xboxs come with the hd cables, 2 of my m8s have an xbox one of them got the elite i think the one with halo and green he got the cables were as my other m8 got the arcade and didnt get the cables so....


Even the most die-hard 360 fanboy will tell you the 360 arcade is like gimped. But at least it's only 200 bucks now.



ye well im all ps3 n i was pretty rackd off abt buyin cables.....
10694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/19/09

S108 wrote:

ye well im all ps3 n i was pretty rackd off abt buyin cables.....


for hd you could just buy an hdmi cable. it's a lot easier since it's pretty much all you need, and they're cheap too. you can get one at amazon for under $5, but the shipping is ridiculously expensive. my shipping was over 3x the price of the cable itself >_>

i've had mine for over a month, and it works like a charm. i had a ghetto tv before, but i had gotten an hdtv and damn. the difference is so big. 1080p is beast.
4340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / EVERYWHERE!!!
Offline
Posted 1/19/09

azn099 wrote:


S108 wrote:

ye well im all ps3 n i was pretty rackd off abt buyin cables.....


for hd you could just buy an hdmi cable. it's a lot easier since it's pretty much all you need, and they're cheap too. you can get one at amazon for under $5, but the shipping is ridiculously expensive. my shipping was over 3x the price of the cable itself >_>

i've had mine for over a month, and it works like a charm. i had a ghetto tv before, but i had gotten an hdtv and damn. the difference is so big. 1080p is beast.


lol thats wat ive got, an hdmi
7692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/1/09

goldengoat55555 wrote:


thegodcode wrote:

Well that suck ,so....Any comment for Xbox 360 Arcade ?


yes get it chipped, its freggin awesome


Well thank anyway "haha"
Posted 2/1/09

chronomasakari wrote:

People always make a big deal about the red ring, all it is is the warning light saying "Something's broken inside" and PS3 fanboys automatically jump and say "lalz redrings for sux0rz buy ps3 cause it's pretty and shiney"

Essentially the most common problem and this was in the first batches made that weren't corrected until a later model (Not first batch sold, if you bought it within the first year or two you should keep an eye out) was that there wasn't enough thermal paste on the GPU so if you have basic computer repair knowledge or someone that does, you can try the repair yourself. It's just a matter of applying more thermal paste, if you bought one recently or are thinking of buying one you're pretty much safe, if you have an older model and it happen to you and you didn't send it back to microsoft (they even extended their factory warranty a year or two I forget how long if you had a red ring) you're more or less SOL, but like I said you can try the repair yourself.

This board has always been full of 360 haters for some reason. I'm going to start having a copied script because certain comments are starting to annoy me.

360 is not an add-on peddler. That title unfortunately belongs to the Nintendo Wii. The biggest add-on people complain about is the wifi adapter because apparently since the PS3 shipped with one two years later, the 360 should've had the foresight to ship with one in preparation for that. Everything else is the same. In fact screw that, my xbox came with component cables and my PS3 came with standard AV cables. I had to buy an extra 40 or 50 dollar set of cables just so I can get HD out of the most advanced gaming system ever built


huh? most advanced is the ps3? why? cause it has a blue ray player? as for the processor, the xbox 360 far exceeds it. also for the ps3 wire. its a bitch isn't it. to be given the same wires that can be used on their old console. and not to mention the charging cable is about 30cm long, i have to put the ps3 on one knee while having my niece sit on the other and the ps3 weighs much more than her
26843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/1/09
my 360 lasted a little over a year before getting the red ring of death. now its been 2 weeks and i still havent been able to mail it. wats worse, my order of gears 2 arrived the day after it crashed!!! #%^%@$%^
150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Minato..............
Offline
Posted 2/1/09
I went through 3 360s, then opted to buy the Elite, no problems since..................I hope.
26843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/1/09

SpiChii wrote:

I went through 3 360s, then opted to buy the Elite, no problems since..................I hope.


Is the elite supposed to not have the problem of the red ring?
150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Minato..............
Offline
Posted 2/1/09
I think so, I remember reading something about it having a different processor or something, I'm like 70% sure, but now my problem with my 360 is that it keeps starching my games although only 2 have been rendered unplayable the others just have gashes on em.
26843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/3/09

SpiChii wrote:

I think so, I remember reading something about it having a different processor or something, I'm like 70% sure, but now my problem with my 360 is that it keeps starching my games although only 2 have been rendered unplayable the others just have gashes on em.


i heard that if u keep disks in a red ring console, it scratches them. but did ur elite scratch them or was it from ur previous consoles? and i gotta look into getting an elite then after i look around to see about it beng red ring proof
162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 2/3/09
I got a Elite from the release date (europe, august 26 or something can't remember ) and had the RROD a year after i bought it but that was the only problem i had and had my elite back in a week
195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / MA
Offline
Posted 2/3/09 , edited 2/3/09
I'm pretty sure the only differences between arcade, pro, and elite are the HDD sizes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.